As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] 2013 Custom PAX Dice - SOLD OUT - Shipments will go out mid-September

• Options
    DotfearDotfear Registered User regular
    A set would be sweet. I'd probably go for like 25-30.

• Options
    LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    A. full set
    B. $10-$25

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    /
    Mimoa wrote: »
    I'd like to see this become a recurring thing, with a new die each year to look forward to
    (But I'd totally buy a whole set this first time around!)

I am all about the recurring idea but it was brought up in the pin thread that if we keep it generic that you don't have to pay for the cost of the design each year and you can do smaller orders for new people at a lower cost.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Ok so now that ticket craziness is over and I know I am going for sure now, I can get back to planning this thing.

Sounds like the popular vote is for a set including a custom D20.
    I got a rough price for that and it seems doable given everyone's preferred budgets.
    I also inquired about oversized D20s and that's also a thing they can do.

What I think I'll be doing is putting up a poll (if I can do that?) with the choice for either a oversized D20 or a full set with prices for each.

Stay tuned guys!

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    ReighReigh Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I have been trying to get a group to order D20 fists of emirkol.

I know that Chessix will do them for 10$ ie 0.50c a side if you order 10 or more. I already have them waiting with the info on that project for me so it is all set up if we can pay for it. I didn't want to spend 100$ for ten but if we pool together a bulk order.

Wizards totally made this statement about the original RPGA prize "If you don't wrangle one of the Fist of Emirikol tchotchkes, you can download this and make your own." this is the down load they are referring too http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/iw_Paper_Template_Fist.gif

This is were the quote came from http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20030713a

This is the way to use that D20 http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/FistofEmirikol.zip

If you want me to coordinate this I live in Seattle but I will have to have the money before the order goes in.

Reigh on
  • Options
    Reigh I appreciate your enthusiasm but if you'd like to do your own dice order for whatever these are please start your own thread.
    Not trying to be rude but not really the same thing here...

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, this is sort of a "to commemorate pax" thing. A "commemorate Wizards of the Coast" thing should probably be on their forums.

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Question: We looking at regular, precision, or machined dice Serenity? I'd buy one either way, but I was looking into getting a set of precision or machined dice in the near future and two birds; one stone...

• Options
    Question: We looking at regular, precision, or machined dice Serenity? I'd buy one either way, but I was looking into getting a set of precision or machined dice in the near future and two birds; one stone...

From what I've been able to tell only custom regular dice are available...

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    zenprimezenprime That Cat that ain't a Cat T-Town, WARegistered User regular
    whole set, d20
    $10~15 preferred, not terrible upset if $20

PAXing till I Plotz
    xSBUZyE.png
    PAX Weast 2017 Status: Badges [X] Room [X] Fried Rice [X]
  • Options
    jag986jag986 Registered User regular
    I'll pay for either a D20 or a set.

I'll pay twenty to forty depending on quality.

• Options
    Hell_MelHell_Mel Registered User regular
    Set is Ideal, extra D6's and D20's sold separately would be a huge plus
    $10-$25

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Serenity wrote: »

From what I've been able to tell only custom regular dice are available...
    Ah, no biggie. Still beyond down for getting a set (or whatever we end up going with [oversized d20, etc].)

• Options
    SaerynSaeryn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    a) a set (though extra D6's / D10 / D20 would be awesome)
    b) $20 for a set, probably $5 for the D20

• Options
    ValgadisValgadis Just North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    What I think I'll be doing is putting up a poll (if I can do that?) with the choice for either a oversized D20 or a full set with prices for each.

If/when you do a poll please make sure to include a "all of the above, take my money!" type option haha. The more I think about it the more I love the idea of BOTH the large d20 and a full regular set if it can happen.

PRIME 2013: Ticket [X] PTO [X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ] Head Explody Anticipation [X]
    <a href="http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177492/prime-2013-custom-pax-dice-rpg-set-wins-design-discussion-now-in-progress/p1">PAX Dice Set</a>: Dice Selected [X] Design Selected [ ] Colors Selected [ ] Order Made [ ]
  • Options
    Hell_MelHell_Mel Registered User regular
    I'm with Valgadis, I'll buy basically whatever is available regardless of what it is. If there were both, that would just be more things I planned on getting.

• Options
    anabbeynormalityanabbeynormality Registered User regular
    A) D6
    B) $2-3? It makes more sense to me to build up a set over time then buy a new set each year.

• Options
    RowwieRowwie CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'd be open to picking up a couple of d20's or two full sets if that's what I need to get pairs. I'm open to pricing honestly...

Prime 2011- Vintage Nintendo
    Prime 2012- Melisandre (GoT)
    Prime 2013- Regular nerd attire
    Prime 2014- Aurin Esper from WIldstar + Vintage Chell
    Prime 2015- Splatoon Inkling + Dream Sequence Bee + Aurin Esper + Vintage Chell
    Prime2016- Handmade nerdy dresses (cosplay break)

• Options
    edited April 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yeah, this is sort of a "to commemorate pax" thing. A "commemorate Wizards of the Coast" thing should probably be on their forums.

It doesn't have any wizards logo's on it its just a cool looking D20 just like the Pax coins don't have any Pax Logo's on them I was just answering your question in detail. The link is too a design.

A. What kind of dice
    B. Price

Reigh on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OK how about a D4 with the busts of Acquisitions Incorporated Will, Scott, Gabe and Tyco. You wanted Dice and PAX I see no other associations but to reference these old podcasts and videos of them playing with dice live at PAX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGXctw8IuGA

Reigh on
  • Options
    Of you could just make a jerry die with all 1's ;o)

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Reigh wrote: »
    Of you could just make a jerry die with all 1's ;o)

These dice are for the PAX community,not Penny Arcade. A case in point, both Jerry and Mike don't even read these forums! Many on here don't even like the comic strip they do or anything else they make for that matter. I'm not speaking for myself in this regard, I'm simply stating the fact that PAX is much more than a fandom to all things Penny Arcade. It is a gathering of like minded people, which happens to be supported and sponsored by Penny Arcade.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    I will be in on this, gladly. Cost? It's priceless!

• Options
    RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    A whole set, or d20
    $10-20

The idea of a logo on a d20 is great, but as long as the die/dice let people know I'm a PAX attendee I'm fine.

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • Options
    Alright guys, I have a form up here.

A lot of you have already replied with choices but now it's time to record them 'officially' and make a decision as to what we're going with.
    A lot of you have said you'd be up for multiple choices but since this is the first year I'm doing this, I'm limiting it to 1 choice this time around.

BTW I am honestly surprised how well people are responding to this idea!
    OP will be updated with the form link.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    neo_blade01neo_blade01 Registered User regular
    A) The whole set, D20
    B) 10-20 dollars

• Options
    OliverHolsfieldOliverHolsfield Registered User regular
    I'd be into a d20 set. I assume that comes with only one d10 and one d6, right?

Can we maybe replace the 1 on the d20 with a :( ?

• Options
    OliverHolsfieldOliverHolsfield Registered User regular
    Serenity, you in Toronto?

• Options
    Vote has been cast.

PRIME 2013: Ticket [X] PTO [X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ] Head Explody Anticipation [X]
    <a href="http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177492/prime-2013-custom-pax-dice-rpg-set-wins-design-discussion-now-in-progress/p1">PAX Dice Set</a>: Dice Selected [X] Design Selected [ ] Colors Selected [ ] Order Made [ ]
  • Options
    Serenity, you in Toronto?

Nope, Vancouver

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Also Serenity I'm guessing once the relative consensus is reached on what die/dice are being chosen that discussion on what exactly will be put on them will go into full swing?

• Options
    GeoffTanGeoffTan Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thank you @Serenity. Voted and waiting for the results now.

Will it be possible to get more than one option? I'm a rpgamer and table topper.

• Options
    Valgadis wrote: »
    Also Serenity I'm guessing once the relative consensus is reached on what die/dice are being chosen that discussion on what exactly will be put on them will go into full swing?

Yes correct.
    The company needs the order by end of June to meet the Aug 10th deadline I've made up so after votes are collected for the set we go with, we'll vote on design and colour.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    RowwieRowwie CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ok, so I voted for oversized D20 but I'd easily buy more than one and it was the most relevant option for me. I'm not interested in a D6 at all let alone a set of them. I agree with RandomAtom that as long as the dice appear PAX related I'm good. I'm definitely turning two into earrings... Would we be able to get them in hand before PAX? I could easily arrange a pick up in Vancouver ^_^

Prime 2011- Vintage Nintendo
    Prime 2012- Melisandre (GoT)
    Prime 2013- Regular nerd attire
    Prime 2014- Aurin Esper from WIldstar + Vintage Chell
    Prime 2015- Splatoon Inkling + Dream Sequence Bee + Aurin Esper + Vintage Chell
    Prime2016- Handmade nerdy dresses (cosplay break)

• Options
    ShmelioShmelio Registered User regular
    Vote has been placed

• Options
    Rowwie wrote: »
    Ok, so I voted for oversized D20 but I'd easily buy more than one and it was the most relevant option for me. I'm not interested in a D6 at all let alone a set of them. I agree with RandomAtom that as long as the dice appear PAX related I'm good. I'm definitely turning two into earrings... Would we be able to get them in hand before PAX? I could easily arrange a pick up in Vancouver ^_^

I haven't given too much thought into how distribution will work.
    Although looking at most of the other 'custom' threads, it sounds like they're mostly being mailed out beforehand.
    If people don't mind paying a little extra for that, that's definitely an option.

Will be one of the last things decided though.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    zenprimezenprime That Cat that ain't a Cat T-Town, WARegistered User regular
    Voted!

PAXing till I Plotz
    xSBUZyE.png
    PAX Weast 2017 Status: Badges [X] Room [X] Fried Rice [X]
  • Options
    ShmelioShmelio Registered User regular
    I believe by the time PAX has arrived we will have melded this thread into the perfect manufacturing and distribution ststem for these dice. I'm sssssoooooo excited to get these once they're made!!!!

• Options
    bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    I voted, and really want to play some tabletop games because I've never played any!

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Rowwie wrote: »

I haven't given too much thought into how distribution will work.
    Although looking at most of the other 'custom' threads, it sounds like they're mostly being mailed out beforehand.
    If people don't mind paying a little extra for that, that's definitely an option.

Will be one of the last things decided though.

Yay! I was waiting to ask about this until after the voting. So much easier for me this way. :)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12