Options

I'm The Best At What I Do And What I Do Is [The Wolverine]

LanglyLangly Registered User regular
A59oMzR.jpeg

Hugh Jackman is the best at having his shirt off. Fact. This movie is coming out soon and it looks pretty good! Also there is some other hero movie out now about an alien... what was it again?
quWabvt.jpeg

Oh yeah, that was it.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Do the Wolverine

The latest hit single with the latest hit dance.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    the thread title makes it sound like The Wolverine is the hot new dance craze that's sweeping the nation

Jackman's pose there supports this

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    dammit, Trippy

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh so anyone that watched man of steel, was I the only one who thought the American general's helper was a lady hobbit? She looked like half his size

Langly on
  • Options
    @grey ghost talk to me about hobbit soldiers

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I want to see The Wolverine:The Movie Based on the Hit Dance!, but having seen all the X-men movies and Origins:Wolverine, I feel that this is wrong and I'm bad for thinking it.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Do the Wolverine

The latest hit single with the latest hit dance.

Snickety bub bub ah Snickety bub

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    So I just saw Man of Steel. And I absolutely adored it up until
    The Smallville fight scene. Which following that it was just an ok movie for the rest of it. I don't like the amount of collateral damage, and Superman not moving the fights from populated areas. But I'm willing to submit to the idea that as this is literally his first outing as Superman. Also it did look fantastic.

The neck snap though? For one I don't think it made any sense. These characters are punching each other into the stratosphere and creating shockwaves with every motion. Like everything the movie can do to show their indestructibility, even towards each other. And suddenly a neck snap works. Which eh. Also I mean, hey Superman could just avoid the conuundrum by flying upwards with Zod in the same hold.

Also it just doesn't even remotely fit Superman outside of the comics, or the one in this movie.

But you know? Everything that wasn't an action sequence was great. Absolutely great in my opinion. The cast was fantastic. And Henry Cavill played his part near perfectly. Spoilered parts aside.
    One thing I really dug was how every human character was a good person. Or was shown to have the potential to be so. From Pete Ross to Perry sticking around to save Jenny. It really did a fantastic job of showing Superman as an inspiring figure.

But yeah, I went in expecting a way worse movie. That moment that's got everyone bothered (me included), is pretty awful and doesn't fit, but the movie around it is pretty good.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    the thread title makes it sound like The Wolverine is the hot new dance craze that's sweeping the nation

Jackman's pose there supports this

It does a good job of showing off his physique, and that is the true meaning of the Wolverine.

Langly wrote: »
    Oh so anyone that watched man of steel, was I the only one who thought the American general's helper was a lady hobbit? She looked like half his size

Really? You're talking smack about short people in movies?

• Options
    No? It was just weird because it seemed like a perspective illusion, because the guy didn't look very tall and the woman didn't look like she was super short, but she came up to his abs, it looked like.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Just because Langly is 8 feet tall

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Just because Langly is 8 feet tall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5sd2Xz8yGw

• Options
    Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular
    No? It was just weird because it seemed like a perspective illusion, because the guy didn't look very tall and the woman didn't look like she was super short, but she came up to his abs, it looked like.

I'm just saying that it's a very UnSuperman-like thing to say. Sorry if it seemed like I snapped at you.
    After all, you're not Zod's neck.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I've finished rereading all I've got of Gotham Central and it made me really angry again

Fuck everything that this wasn't the most popular comic book of all time forever and hasn't gotten a totally rad TV show

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hugh Jackman is the best at having his shirt off. Fact.

Come on, man. Come on.

Man of Steel quality aside, Henry Cavill now has that shit on lockdown for a few years

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    He's so veiny

And his far arm looks. . . weird. Tiny. Little bitty fist.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm still amazed that there is now a Superman movie where someone uses the phrase "dick splash".

• Options
    Iron Man tells a kid to not be a pussy

Superhero films are moving more and more away from being kid-friendly

• Options
    Yeah but

Superman is so

Regal

Man I dunno, I expect "dick splash" out of Tony Stark

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah, Tony being an awful, slightly vulgar guy is par for the course

I haven't seen Superman yet though, so can't comment on "dicksplash"

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Well I mean, Superman doesn't say it

It's a kid saying it, saying the kind of stupid things kids do

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Well I mean, Superman doesn't say it

It's a little kid saying it, saying the kind of stupid things little kids do

Oh yeah, I assumed it was a context like that

Makes sense, then.

• Options
    Still, I can see how that would be weird and unexpected.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @Langly I'm trying to think of something clever to say about hobbit soldiers but I can't

But rest assured I know from hobbit soldiers

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    somewhere, mark millar is writing a treatment for man of steel 2 where superman calls braniac a cocksucker

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Why would Millar waste his time doing that with Superman when he can get paid to do it with Superior.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah, Hugh Jackman with his shirt off just doesn't do it for me

Anyway in that picture he's at a weird angle to admire a dude's shirtlessness

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Why would Millar waste his time doing that with Superman when he can get paid to do it with Superior.

superior was actually a p decent comic about superman even if the last five pages were shit

most of it is just about a boy who gets to live out his fantasy of being superman

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    In June 2008, Warner Bros. took pitches from comic book writers, screenwriters and directors on how to successfully restart the Superman film series. Comic book writers Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Geoff Johns and Brad Meltzer were among those who pitched their ideas for a reboot. "I told them, it’s not that bad. Just treat Superman Returns as the Ang Lee Hulk," Morrison said. "The Incredible Hulk has proven the audience will forgive you and let you redo the franchise," said Waid. Morrison's idea was similar to his work on All-Star Superman, while Waid's was akin to Superman: Birthright. Mark Millar, teaming with director Matthew Vaughn, also planned an epic 8-hour Superman trilogy, each installment released a year apart, similar to The Lord of the Rings. Millar compared it to the Godfather trilogy, in which it would chronicle the entire life of Superman, from the early days of Krypton to the finale where Superman loses his powers as the Sun starts to supernova.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Sheri wrote: »

Kind of like how I find the swearing in Star Trek into Darkness a little off-putting because its in a Star Trek movie.

Also man of Steel thing that bothered me

I was already pretty bothered by just how involved in Clark becoming SUperman Jor-El is to the point that he gives him this whole speech on his master plan and even reveals this suit he says he made specifically for that purpose(which was in the old ship... fast tailoring?) but the thing that gets me is that SUperman is supposed to be proof that "maybe a man can rise to become more then what society intended for him.

If Superman is just (basically) following Jor-El's plan for him then he ain't exactly rising up to be more now is he?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Antimatter wrote: »
    In June 2008, Warner Bros. took pitches from comic book writers, screenwriters and directors on how to successfully restart the Superman film series. Comic book writers Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Geoff Johns and Brad Meltzer were among those who pitched their ideas for a reboot. "I told them, it’s not that bad. Just treat Superman Returns as the Ang Lee Hulk," Morrison said. "The Incredible Hulk has proven the audience will forgive you and let you redo the franchise," said Waid. Morrison's idea was similar to his work on All-Star Superman, while Waid's was akin to Superman: Birthright. Mark Millar, teaming with director Matthew Vaughn, also planned an epic 8-hour Superman trilogy, each installment released a year apart, similar to The Lord of the Rings. Millar compared it to the Godfather trilogy, in which it would chronicle the entire life of Superman, from the early days of Krypton to the finale where Superman loses his powers as the Sun starts to supernova.

That, like many of his premises doesn't seem bad.

But you know he would wreck it.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Iron Man tells a kid to not be a pussy

Superhero films are moving more and more away from being kid-friendly

E.T. has a kid calling another kid "penis breath"

this shit ain't new

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

This sounds awesome

Also this is my favorite part:
    Morrison's idea was similar to his work on All-Star Superman, while Waid's was akin to Superman: Birthright.

You don't say.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

Kind of like how I find the swearing in Star Trek into Darkness a little off-putting because its in a Star Trek movie.

I was already pretty bothered by just how involved in Clark becoming SUperman Jor-El is to the point that he gives him this whole speech on his master plan and even reveals this suit he says he made specifically for that purpose(which was in the old ship... fast tailoring?) but the thing that gets me is that SUperman is supposed to be proof that "maybe a man can rise to become more then what society intended for him.

If Superman is just (basically) following Jor-El's plan for him then he ain't exactly rising up to be more now is he?
    I think that the suit is a sort of basic dress uniform for the El family. I'm also guessing that the scout ship was owned by the Els, and its being here is how Jor-El found Earth in the first place.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    I still need to see E.T. at some point

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular

That, like many of his premises doesn't seem bad.

But you know he would wreck it.

Lex Luthor rigs Superman's dick to collapse.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    the details I heard about Millar's Superman pitch actually sounded super rad

and I love Matthew Vaughn

what could have been

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Weird how they apparently didn't pick up Waid's pitch, but then turned around and made a movie that cribbed so heavily from Birthright.

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »

I think that the suit is a sort of basic dress uniform for the El family. I'm also guessing that the scout ship was owned by the Els, and its being here is how Jor-El found Earth in the first place.

But you see what I'm saying right?
    Its still this weird situation where Jor-EL is going "Society can't tell my son what to be, nor his adoptive parent, but I will plan out his entire life".

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.