Options

I'm The Best At What I Do And What I Do Is [The Wolverine]

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Uh
    the law and order suv guy and the scientist are dead as fuck from a case of severe plane crashing into a huge structure
    Even worse, as it's an utter waste of the characters, which is why I didn't like it.

Anywho, I just finished reading Nextwave... Holy shit I can't believe that's a thing that exists.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Lex has a pretty good argument to make against Superman in Man of Steel Two

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I think it's fair to say that Earth would be better off if Kal-El died on Krypton

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    -Tal I can never tell if when you say things like that you are swathing them under layers of sarcasm or not

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    It really takes a special effort for someone to put together a $250 million Superman movie where the main message is "the world (or at least the tens of thousands who died in Metropolis) would be better off if Superman didn't exist".

Anyhow - "Female Zod" was amazing. I thought the actress did a great job, and I really like her fighting style / confidence.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    They should have just chucked Zod and made Faora the villain

perhaps following the last orders of a previously deceased Zod

She was way cool and a much better villain

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    -Tal I can never tell if when you say things like that you are swathing them under layers of sarcasm or not

I mean, put this movie in a vacuum, he's right

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    yeah -Tal's point is valid
    considering that Zod only attacked Earth because he detected Superman's spacecraft there and Superman ballsed-up the defense of Earth so badly that thousands (if not millions) of people died

this might be the first Superman film where the message is "don't be a hero"

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    fucking fuck

Snyder and Goyer are both on board for the sequels

fantastic

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

it really throws lex luthor under the bus, actually

man of steel spoilers
    like lex luthor is a character whose tragedy is that he is a brilliant person who simply cannot believe that such goodness as superman can exist, and that he is choking humanity's potential, and that at any moment superman can snap and prove himself just as corruptible as anyone else and in that moment he becomes something not to be aspired to but to be feared
    and lex and superman could be friends and do great works but luthor makes himself superman's enemy due to mistrust and jealousy

then you throw lex luthor into the man of steel universe, and lex says "superman is a giant menace, he is strangling humanity's potential and he could never sustain being the force of good that he claims to be" and then everyone else says "whoa lex luthor is fucking right the only reason anything bad at all happened was because superman was here and thousands if not millions of people were killed in his battles and then in the end superman chose to kill someone else which shows he can in fact cross that line and what's to stop him doing it again"

and then the movie contrives a way to have lex luthor lose, even though this time he is completely right, just because he is the villain

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    fucking fuck

fantastic

Man of Steel is making a stupid amount of money, especially for a Superman movie

This cannot come as a surprise

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    it would make perfect sense if the movie Man of Steel was a movie within the DC universe and Lex Luthor got a producer's credit on it

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I was literally just thinking that

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    fucking fuck

fantastic

Man of Steel is making a stupid amount of money, especially for a Superman movie

This cannot come as a surprise

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=superman.htm

It's going to end up making slightly more than Routh's version, but less than Superman II.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Hard to say based on comparing opening weekend to total gross though innit

Adjusted for inflation the opening weekend is colossal, way bigger than Routh's, but that doesn't mean much compared to the older films

Point it it's making a lot of money really fast, of course they're bringing back the guys resposnible for the movie

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    aside I really adore the name Lex Luthor

you can say either lex or luthor but there's just such a comic booky charm to Lex Luthor

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

it really throws lex luthor under the bus, actually

man of steel spoilers
    like lex luthor is a character whose tragedy is that he is a brilliant person who simply cannot believe that such goodness as superman can exist, and that he is choking humanity's potential, and that at any moment superman can snap and prove himself just as corruptible as anyone else and in that moment he becomes something not to be aspired to but to be feared
    and lex and superman could be friends and do great works but luthor makes himself superman's enemy due to mistrust and jealousy

then you throw lex luthor into the man of steel universe, and lex says "superman is a giant menace, he is strangling humanity's potential and he could never sustain being the force of good that he claims to be" and then everyone else says "whoa lex luthor is fucking right the only reason anything bad at all happened was because superman was here and thousands if not millions of people were killed in his battles and then in the end superman chose to kill someone else which shows he can in fact cross that line and what's to stop him doing it again"

and then the movie contrives a way to have lex luthor lose, even though this time he is completely right, just because he is the villain

Any wrestling fans here

Sounds like something the wwe would probably produce

Thought the movie was fun

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    on the topic of superman things that aren't awful, I read volume 2 of all star supes for the first time yesterday

even though I've seen the "you're stronger than you think" page half a dozen times before, it still hit me like a ton of bricks

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    It's amazing to me if they took just a tiny amount of care to the ending it changes things dramatically.
    just fucking knock him out

Are you fucking serious

And have him once save someone mid fight

I get that people could be hurt but him saving people during a fight sequence is so superman and easy to do

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    It's amazing to me if they took just a tiny amount of care to the ending it changes things dramatically.
    just fucking knock him out

Are you fucking serious

And have him once save someone mid fight

I get that people could be hurt but him saving people during a fight sequence is so superman and easy to do

Well he did that in the other fight (the last thing)

• Options
    More! It should have happened significantly more.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Started watching Spectacular Spider-Man again. Within seconds I was reminded why this is my favourite Spidey-Thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0EvwwKx94g

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    MoS also has nothing to compete with till Lone Ranger so I don't expect that huge of a drop next week either.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I think it's fair to say that Earth would be better off if Kal-El died on Krypton

Well, I would also blame the stupidity of Kryptonian society.
    Seriously, what the hell was the deal with their punishment for Zod? They already put him in some kind of stasis, why also put him on a giant space ship and then send that ship into the phantom zone? What possible reason do they have for using a giant ship to store like 20 prisoners? No wonder they had a resource shortage.

It would have made more sense for Zod to steal the ship after his coup fails but the Council or Lara sabotaged the hyperspace engines so that when he flees, he gets zapped into the phantom zone.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    fucking fuck

fantastic

What was wrong with Snyder's direction

I thought the blame here was solely on Goyer

Snyder didn't even use any slow-mo! It must have killed him

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Started watching Spectacular Spider-Man again. Within seconds I was reminded why this is my favourite Spidey-Thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0EvwwKx94g

I'm betting you're posting the intro because it's awesome, but to clarify the first seconds involve Spidey web swinging and having the time of his life while saying "Tell me there's something better, go on, try"

• Options
    I miss Spectacular Spider-Man

So much

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Faora's super speed gives me hope for a Flash movie.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

So much

Season 2 still isn't available here! I'm planning on importing, though.

• Options

So much

It's not available in the States, either

• Options

So much

Do you mean that it's never been available or that it's deleted?

• Options

So much

Deleted?

I wasn't talking about digital, I don't buy shows digitally

But as far as I know, there's never been a season two DVD available

I have season one, and it just sits lonely on the shelf, waiting for its partner

• Options
    edited June 2013

So much

Deleted?

I wasn't talking about digital, I don't buy shows digitally

But as far as I know, there's never been a season two DVD available

I have season one, and it just sits lonely on the shelf, waiting for its partner

I wasn't talking digital either, deleted is a retail term for 'no longer available to order'. My friend who works for an importer said that season 2 was available in volumes and that they never realeased it in non-volume form.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Sorting through my Dad's old comic book collection, I happened to run across this.
    313-1.jpg

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    fucking fuck

fantastic

well,
    The dialogue at the end gives me the feeling that the script HAD intended to have SUperman be merciful and and trying to save people and holding back against Zod but that the direction didn't convey it. That's idle speculation though.

Either way I still found the fight scenes storyless brawls that wont be interesting the second time around and he just plain doesn't seem to be able to bring out outstanding performances in his actors. Everybody who does well in his movies seems to be cast well and just doing their thing.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Faora's super speed gives me hope for a Flash movie.

My audience (and I, admittedly) loved that flash-step five-punch move she pulled

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Superman, what are you doing to Namor?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    fucking fuck

fantastic

color

they didn't even do the thing where the movie gets brighter and more saturated as it went on

because superman was a net negative on the world

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Was that something they said they'd do

Or was that just wishful thinking

• Options
    wishful thinking

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.