Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    @cooljammer00 and @KristmasKthulhu

Please check your emails for the games you won from steamgifts, and please confirm them on steamgifts so it'll free those giveaway slots up for me to make more!

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    @cooljammer00 and @KristmasKthulhu

Please check your emails for the games you won from steamgifts, and please confirm them on steamgifts so it'll free those giveaway slots up for me to make more!

Done

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Incoming two of the BEST games i've played in recent memory.

signature.png
    signature.png

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    dav3yb wrote: »
    Incoming two of the BEST games i've played in recent memory.

signature.png
    signature.png

Dammit. I can't enter. Why must reality bar me from partaking of the classiness?

Edit: Since I've apparently confused some people - I already own both.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Weak as fuck. I wont be paid for like two weeks. Oh well.

steamsaletime.jpg

Best I could do. I'm no Hit Bit. :P
    It's just as wonderful though.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    You know I love you, right Steam Thread? I love your posts - all of them. Don't ever change.

But just maaaaybe we could agree during major sales to let up a little on 10am PT daily rounds of "Sale prices haven't changed lol" "Steam is borked!" "Only a 10% discount?!?" "Oh god where're my dailies I'll shiv you Newell!!!" etc.** Thread goes fast no matter what, but during the summer sale we were literally adding a page or more of posts just talking about our collective fascination with the F5 key.

What do you think? Aw, don't be mad, Steam Thread. You know I love you, right?

** Very notable exception being glitch prices that favor the user. "$2 Arkham Origins? I'll take 12!"

Reposting PSA for the evening crowd.

Remember, only you can prevent thread bloat!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    You saw this coming, right?

onlyyou.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Smokey the Bear looks puny and insubstantial with The Newell's face. He is too mighty even for the massive frame of a bear.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Needed something simple for a few hours before going to bed. Decided to fire up Euro Truck Simulator 2 again, and cruise with some jams.

Note: Picking an English truck driver makes the game feel weird, as you are on the left side of the road until you get to the continent, and then you're on the right side in a truck with a right side wheel.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    AVGNAdventures_Header.jpg

24 hour contest time!

Make up an AVGN-ism, using either the form "This game is ______!" or "I'd rather _____ than play this _____ game!" PM it to me, and I'll pick the best one to get the game! Points for vulgarity, scatological references, creativity, and humor! All responses will be posted in the thread! Deadline is tomorrow, November 27, at 8:00 PM PST! EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!~

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    Random giveaway completed update!

signature.png
    Won by VeeVee.

signature.png
    Won by citizen059.

These are their Steam names, no idea which forumers they are, sorry. Accept friend invites for winnings!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    0 of 1 people found my X-COM review helpful which is bullshit if you ask me.

• Options
    Dangit, steam. I was hoping with your new review system, you would actually let me review painkiller. Nope. Still has the same bug I ran into YEARS AGO when I tried to recommend it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    My wife will watch me play a pretty wide range of games mainly narrative focused stuff and not overly retro looking.
    But there was that one time I caught her playing Viva Pinata on her own at like 2 in the morning.
    Tried to co-op Lego Lord of the Rings but the camera shifting was vertigo inducing for her.

The dynamic split screen? I think you can turn that off

Yeah pretty much any game with camera movement is going to give her some issues. She just sort of powered through it for viva pinata.
    Can usually tell which games she'll find interesting to watch and save those for when we're hanging out and the stuff she wouldn't for when I'm on my own.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    heenato you are the most unlucky person I have seen on this board in terms of having problems with PC games

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    0 of 1 people found my X-COM review helpful which is bullshit if you ask me.

Actually, it looks like 1 of 2 to me. :D

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    heenato you are the most unlucky person I have seen on this board in terms of having problems with PC games
    Actually, it's an issue with steam itself. And it's something EVERYONE is afflicted with. Something in steam just doesn't know what the hell to do when it comes to painkiller. If I were to go to the store page, it will tell me that I don't own painkiller. If I go to try and recommend it, it will ALSO tell me I don't own the game, yet there it is. Right there in my library, waving.

Personally, I suspect it's because there were once two versions of painkiller. Painkiller gold, and Painkiller black. They were both the same thing. At one point it was painkiller gold on steam, then it was painkiller black. I'm guessing that this is the cause of the problem. we have painkiller black, but the steam API is actually still trying to look for painkiller GOLD, even though it says it's looking for black.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Random giveaway completed update!

signature.png
    Won by VeeVee.

Strangely enough, I am Veevee here as well. Just, uh, that second V isn't capitalized. Why does everyone always do this to my name?

Can't wait to kill some forumers in interesting and frustrating ways!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Not really a game or a Steam related deal, but you can get the Standard version of GameMaker Studio for free:
    Explanation: http://gamemakerblog.com/2013/11/25/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-currently-free-50-value/
    In case the previous site is still down: http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2013/11/26/gamemaker-studios-standard-edition-now-free-for-budding-game-creationists/
    Download link: http://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

EDIT: you can use the same method to get your key through the free Steam version. But it seems you can only use the key on the version you download from their site.
    -Download the free Steam version
    -Install and load it
    -In the first menu select MAKE
    -In the next window you will see an UPGRADE TO MASTER COLLECTION NOW! add. Ignore it and click the arrow on the right side too see another add.
    -You will see an UPGRADE TO STANDARD FOR FREE NOW! add. Then click the CLICK HERE BUTTON.
    -Enter you email address and press REGISTER
    -Reenter you email address and press REGISTER to verify it.
    -You will get an email with the key to unlock the Standard version, but you will need to use the version downloaded from http://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

I can vouch for this. Game Maker is a very easy to use engine with it's own language (Game Maker Language) which is kinda like Java? But even with the drag and drop coding and interface, making prototypes for game ideas is ridiculously easy.

Oh sweet. I was checking through their showcase and a bunch of games I have seen kicking around the internet or on Steam were made with Game Maker, which really surprised me. Hotline Miami, Valdis Story, Risk of Rain, Spelunky, Stealth Bastard, Home, and Gunpoint were the standouts that I noticed.
    Did the GameMaker Studio people run out of keys? I entered my email Addy and didn't get anything after 20 minutes. i'm not used to non-instant gratification! :O

I heard that some people had to wait up to an hour for a key due to the dev's servers being slammed, so hopefully you've gotten yours by now. I'm still waiting.

edit: Got the email

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    And so Planetary Annihilation is the first game to convince me of the power of Kickstarter.

I'm so glad to have backed it (for $15!) because it's so fun right now, and you can just see how awesome it will be once the rough edges are done being polished.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Actually, it's an issue with steam itself. And it's something EVERYONE is afflicted with. Something in steam just doesn't know what the hell to do when it comes to painkiller. If I were to go to the store page, it will tell me that I don't own painkiller. If I go to try and recommend it, it will ALSO tell me I don't own the game, yet there it is. Right there in my library, waving.

Personally, I suspect it's because there were once two versions of painkiller. Painkiller gold, and Painkiller black. They were both the same thing. At one point it was painkiller gold on steam, then it was painkiller black. I'm guessing that this is the cause of the problem. we have painkiller black, but the steam API is actually still trying to look for painkiller GOLD, even though it says it's looking for black.

I think I might have bought the game before it was Painkiller Black or something, because I was able to write a review of it just now with no issues.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »

I think I might have bought the game before it was Painkiller Black or something, because I was able to write a review of it just now with no issues.
    Quite possibly. Because I just tried again and it told me I had zero hours on record...when my library tells me I have 20.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I'm just popping in to recommend you all buy Valdis Story:Abyssal City. It's a 2D metrodvania/rpg/devil may cry mashup that's just as much fun as it sounds. The combat is challenging, there are two playable characters right now with two more on the way, experience levels, all kinds of character builds you can try, equipment choices, shops, lots of secrets to find, skill rankings on boss fights, several different difficulty levels, and a long list of challenging achievements.

I beat the game on normal difficulty with the first character and immediately started a new game with the other character. This is the kind of game I've always wanted to play, and if any of this sounds interesting to you I heartily recommend you check it out.

Two more things.
    -It's hard.
    -There is a double jump, but you don't get it until pretty late in the game.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    With the sale season coming upon us quickly take this moment to CURATE YOUR WISH LISTS. People love buying games for each other, more than that though they love buying games people really want. Make sure your stuff is up to date to help the people who like you enough to spend their money on you. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    With the sale season coming upon us quickly take this moment to CURATE YOUR WISH LISTS. People love buying games for each other, more than that though they love buying games people really want. Make sure your stuff is up to date to help the people who like you enough to spend their money on you. <3

What if want to try heresy for a change, and be content with what we have?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    If you haven't added funds to your steam wallet yet probably best to do it before the clock rolls over and Steam becomes unstable.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So do I still need to have 10 friends for the steam box thing?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Zzzzzzz . . . wha?

<sniff, sniff>

<blink>

It's . . . it's STEAM SALE TIME!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Now my family can start wondering why I am so obsessed with my phone at 1:00 (Eastern) every day!

Emberquick on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    If you haven't added funds to your steam wallet yet probably best to do it before the clock rolls over and Steam becomes unstable.

Good plan, thanks for the reminder.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Finished Alice Madness Returns! Great game, loved the story.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Steam sale started?!?

Goodbye paycheque

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    In the industry thread I saw mention of Rogue Legacy being on sale.

Did I miss it?
    Hoping not, at least I saw divekick on sale and grabbed that.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    @undeadscottsman tried to be stealth classy when I won Half Life anthology

But I am letting you all know what he did

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Of course there would be a Steam sale while I'm away from home, confined to hitting refresh on the little netbook that could and hoping that 75% off will still be there when the page finishes loading.

Oh well. Wallet is loaded all the same and the wireless signal is strong. The Great Work will continue no matter how much turkey I'm loaded down with.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    My wallet is motherfucking ready.

Let's do this.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    @undeadscottsman tried to be stealth classy when I won Half Life anthology

But I am letting you all know what he did

...wait, what did I do?

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Steam Sale? If I hadn't seen it here that there is a sale on I'd never have known. Don't they usually change the frontpage for sales?

The site is definitely loading like there's a sale on so I guess that's another sign.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Steam Sale? If I hadn't seen it here that there is a sale on I'd never have known. Don't they usually change the frontpage for sales?

The site is definitely loading like there's a sale on so I guess that's another sign.

It won't start for another 9 hrs

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Yeah. That would make more sense alright.

:|

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Strangely enough, I am Veevee here as well. Just, uh, that second V isn't capitalized. Why does everyone always do this to my name?

Blame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0gOUmQ39uk

This discussion has been closed.