As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mystery Science Theater 3000] Season 13 done, Season 14 coming?

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Tried to get tickets to the actual show in Minneapolis and for the life of me couldn't find them anywhere.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    That theater looked pretty packed from what we could see on the broadcast. It was a great show!

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Christ that was a funny show.

The couple flubs from the Live-ness of it were cute, and I like that you can tell like everyone is funny and half of them are super uncomfortable being funny in front of a crowd.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Welcome to Rifftrax Live!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I wish I could go to one of those shows sometime. Ah well.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    It was just announced from Comic-Con that the new MST3K was picked up by Netflix.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That is probably the best possible news.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Also apparently Corbett and Murphy are returning? And Mary Jo?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Other news coming out:

Dan Harmon and Joel McHale are on the writing staff.

Bill Corbett and Mary Jo Pehl are also on the writing staff. Both of them, along with Kevin Murphy, will be doing cameos (presumably as some sort of Mad changing of the guard).

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Anybody watching the Turkey Day marathon tomorrow?

• Options
    Yep. I'll probably do like I always do and have it run in the backgroud while I'm dealing with various thanksgiving stuff.

• Options
    Supposedly all the episodes this year are from the survey that went out to all the backers on what the best episodes are.

So I guess we can definitely expect Space Mutiny to play at some point.

• Options
    6th most fan-beloved episode: Puma Man!

• Options
    #5: Pod People!

Been a long time since I've seen this one.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Wait is this on sci-fi

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You can stream it on YouTube or go to shoutfactorytv.com

I'm watching on PS4 with the YouTube app

• Options
    Face it, kid...Trumpy never loved you.

• Options
    This potato has large ears.

• Options
    #4: The Final Sacrifice!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Oh rowsdower

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    This movie is possibly the greatest gift Canada ever gave us

• Options
    #3 is Mitchell!

Glad a Joe Don Baker movie made it.

• Options
    Rowsdower and Mitchell back to back is kinda perfect.

• Options
    I think Mitchell was a foregone conclusion. I'm definitely very curious what the top two are then though.

• Options
    #1 has got to be Space Mutiny.

#2 is probably Warwilf?

• Options
    I'm guessing one will be Manos. Not sure on the other.

• Options
    There are just too many good episodes to make a guess I would feel confident about

• Options
    #1 should be warffulf with a bullet

tusk

• Options
    Ah right, Space Mutiny was one I was expecting, could still be top 2. Manos does seem super classic as well.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I would be surprised if Manos wasn't #1 just due to its notoriety. TBH, I'm slightly disappointed in the selection so far if only because it's the episodes they seem to show most often. I think I enjoy seeing the less popular but still funny ones, where maybe I saw it once 20 years ago but forgot all about it, so it's more of a surprise/treat.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It was what I was expecting as soon as it was known that it was based on a fan poll. I love all the episodes they've shown, but they are ones that always get shown in these cases. Final Sacrifice, Pod People, and Mitchell I called before they started, and some combination of Manos, Space Mutiny, or Werewolf as the final two wouldn't be surprising at all.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    I normally would want to watch some less known classics too, but I've got company over that's never seen the show before, so this is acting as a good gateway.

• Options
    Gonna call it now. Space Mutiny and Manos. Werewolf is good but perhaps not in enough people's top 10 (crazy, I know).

• Options
    #2: Space Mutiny!

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I normally would want to watch some less known classics too, but I've got company over that's never seen the show before, so this is acting as a good gateway.

Well, if they or anyone else is interested, both the official MST3K Youtube channel and the Shout Factory TV site they're partnering with for this have a bunch of various episodes of MST3K you can apparently watch for free.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYy4ZargUluf-iyr4vFpe-xaJ46GEDpBI is the playlist that has all the full episodes on their Youtube channel
    And Shout Factory TV has a ton at http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/film/mst3k

Pretty cool, I didn't know there were so many episodes available until I was checking into the Turkey Day thing on Shout Factory TV.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    manos

booo
    nah its okay

Naphtali on
  • Options
    #1: Manos: The Hands of Fate!

Because of course.

• Options
    #1: Manos: The Hands of Fate!

Because of course.

its abvsolutly fhasinatin

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I really don't care for Manos. Can't fathom why it's so popular.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    No Prince of Space? I feel robbed. I guess back to boot blacking.