As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elder Scrolls Online] Tamriel Unlimited now on XB1 and PS4

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Are they still planning on getting rid of Vet levels?

But who's gonna take care of my horse when it gets sick?

No one. This is Tamriel.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    You can sub for $15/mo if you want. The benefits aren't worth it right now, imho. Not subbing will not hurt your gameplay experience in the least.

Well, if you want some crowns your best bet is the sub. You get 1500 crowns for every $15 monthly sub you pay for, then you get the XP/progression boosts for that month. Then you get access to any DLC as long as you're subbed.

Or... you can pay $15 for 1500 crowns on its own.

Personally, I subbed for a month, bought a lioness mount with the crowns, and may sub another month if the game holds my interest up to the DLC release. I have 4 months of paternity leave starting at the end of August, so MMO time!
    I have no idea what I'm in for on paternity leave

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    dr pigletdr piglet Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Figgy wrote: »
    I have no idea what I'm in for on paternity leave

Honestly, I have a few friends who went down the paternity leave -> stay-at-home dad route and every single one of them loves it immensely. I'm not suggesting it's MMO time all day long-- after all the baby is your boss and you have to be on your toes running around doing whatever your boss wants. However, your boss does sleep a lot on the job, whereas your real boss (hopefully) doesn't, and when the boss is asleep, well...

dr piglet on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    I'm of the opinion that if you aren't spending ALL THE CROWNS on inventory slots, you're doing it wrong. I do believe that this has mitigated, if not out-right solved my number one issue with the game.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Or, if you're a casual player, just remember to log in once daily and upgrade your horse's carry capacity. My three played characters all have 60 mount slots, on top of the ones I got from upgrading their bags in-game.
    It's tighter at the beginning, but a lot of that can be bandaged by either not picking up food ingredients or just doing periodic trips back to the city to turn them into food and immediately vendor the results. It's not great money, but I had my cooking maxed out in the first week and haven't bothered looting barrels since.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that if you aren't spending ALL THE CROWNS on inventory slots, you're doing it wrong. I do believe that this has mitigated, if not out-right solved my number one issue with the game.

I've never even looked in the store but I would totally pay real cash for some inventory upgrades. Are they account wide?

I wish banks were bigger. I want to be able to bank all the crafting stuff, but instead I have this silliness going on:
    RyGzWJZ.jpg

vamen on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

I've never even looked in the store but I would totally pay real cash for some inventory upgrades. Are they account wide?

I wish banks were bigger. I want to be able to bank all the crafting stuff, but instead I have this silliness going on:
    RyGzWJZ.jpg

You can buy a 10-pack of "Horse Inventory Training Items" for crowns. Totally worth it, but they apply to a single character only (obviously).

• Options
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

I also sort of want to buy a kitty mount. Just so I can be a cat riding a cat.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Elvenshae wrote: »

RyGzWJZ.jpg

You can buy a 10-pack of "Horse Inventory Training Items" for crowns. Totally worth it, but they apply to a single character only (obviously).

If I'm reading that right, $10 gives you 10 inventory slots for a single character?

I don't think that's worth it...

I bought that mount. Sometimes my Breton goes side saddle. No idea why. Male character.

Figgy on
  • Options

RyGzWJZ.jpg

If I'm reading that right, $10 gives you 10 inventory slots for a single character?

I bought that mount. Sometimes my Breton goes side saddle. No idea why. Male character.

Are you serious? That is amazing. I didn't know side saddle was even a thing in the game. Take a screen next time and post it, I must see this =).

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

RyGzWJZ.jpg

Check out Mr Fancyboy

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Is there an option to turn off quest text when you're talking to an NPC? I read it faster than they speak so I skip it, but then I feel bad because I appreciate that they took the time to record NPC voices and would like the immersion of just listening

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Is there an option to turn off quest text when you're talking to an NPC? I read it faster than they speak so I skip it, but then I feel bad because I appreciate that they took the time to record NPC voices and would like the immersion of just listening

This might do what you want.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

RyGzWJZ.jpg

Are you serious? That is amazing. I didn't know side saddle was even a thing in the game. Take a screen next time and post it, I must see this =).

I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Like he's trying to jump off the side.

• Options
    What are the 'must have' mods these days? I have a few I've been using for a while but haven't played much in the last few months so I might be out of touch.
    I have: Advanced Filters, Craft Research Timers, HarvestMaps, the map updates for showing where you looted crafting resources and where Skyshards are, the Wykkdy Framework, Lootdrop.
    Yeesh..that's a lot of mods when I write it out. I thought I had way less.

• Options
    I'm using Rare Fish Tracker and Fisherman (obviously only needed if you care about fishing), MiniMap, SkyShards, LoreBooks, Research Assistant (shows what items I haven't completed research on so I know whether to keep or sell) and BankManagerRevised which automatically deposits or withdraws items from my bank on a per character basis (a must have if you collect everything and use mules).

Does anyone have a good mod that just leaves the skill bar and health up all the time, maybe shows buffs? Everything I've found seems to add a bunch of other things that clutter up my screen.

• Options
    Pretty sure you can just turn on your health bar (along with other hide-until-needed bars) in the vanilla UI options. For buffs I use Srendarr - Aura, Buff&Debuff Tracker. It's complete overkill, but you can just turn off everything except the buffs you want.

• Options
    @Tulabelle Rare Fish Tracker? What does that do? More specifically than tracking rare fish, I mean

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BankManagerRevised sounds like a gift from above. I just spent a ton of my day today getting my crafting and bank and mules in order.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Shoutout to the one who mentioned the SkyShards addon. I had been tabbing in and out to a website to find them and it wasn't even accurate all the time. This is far superior.

Many thanks!

Damn shame I went ebonheart pact though. Would be pretty righteous playing with you guys.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    @Tulabelle Rare Fish Tracker? What does that do? More specifically than tracking rare fish, I mean

It shows the water types in a zone as well as all the rare fish for each type. It also keeps track of which ones you have caught. You can keybind it or just turn have it on your map.

5k6j24hbwbjg.jpg

Glal wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can just turn on your health bar (along with other hide-until-needed bars) in the vanilla UI options. For buffs I use Srendarr - Aura, Buff&Debuff Tracker. It's complete overkill, but you can just turn off everything except the buffs you want.

I've gotten so used to mods it never even occurred to just turn it on in the UI! I'll check out Srendarr, thanks!

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Installing now, have an account. Account name LucidSeraph. Settled on Grucching Catte for character name, since that's Middle English for "Grumpy Cat." Have the Explorer's Edition so I can make anybody in any alliance but I'm probably sticking to the standards.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm sure someone can invite you to the guild, maybe even me, not sure, never tried. My favorite character is on the DC side so we can't group, but don't be scared to speak up in guild with any questions. We are quiet, but nice enough.

• Options
    I'm torn between getting the DLC right away and waiting until I go through the main story.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Welcome! I'm sure someone can invite you to the guild, maybe even me, not sure, never tried. My favorite character is on the DC side so we can't group, but don't be scared to speak up in guild with any questions. We are quiet, but nice enough.

If you can, that'd be great :) I really would like to be in the guild.

Anyway, Grumpy Cat rides again.
    iC5oQlSPHe6RU.png

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Any folks here playing on PC and in the Ebonheart Pact? My girlfriend and I started playing, and we'd like to get a few placeholders to bump our guild up to 10 members, so we can have access to the Guild Bank. We are more than happy to reciprocate. In theory, 5 groups of 2 accounts could all invite each other, and all of the separate low-member guilds could all get access to the Guild Bank.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but what are the top recommended mods for ESO (besides Skyshards, I know allll about Skyshards)

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I'll just go through mine and you can decide what sounds interesting.

AI Research Grid - enables you to easily view and keep track of what crafting traits you have researched, what traits are currently researching and how long you have left on them
    Destinations - sticks icons on your map for various achievement points (like potential M'aiq locations), werewolf shrines, fishing spots, dwemer ruins, etc. Might make your map messier than you'd wish, though
    Inventory Grid View - what it says on the tin, you can toggle your inventory/bank between the default list and the Morrowind-style grid view
    Lootdrop, Continued - primarily so you can auto-loot and still see what you picked up in the corner, but it also keeps track of experience gains
    LoreBooks - like SkyShards, but for mage guild/lore books
    Lost Treasure/Treasure Maps (I have both for some reason... err, maybe one doesn't work?) - if you have treasure maps it'll put markers on your map, showing you where they are
    Master Merchant - you'll need to increase how much RAM you give your addons for this one, it'll keep track of guild shop transactions to give you a better idea of how much stuff is going for after a while
    MiniMap - what it says on the tin. I originally got it primarily because whenever I got into combat while going to a destination I then always ended up having to spin in place until I was looking at the quest marker on my compass again, which got old. Being able to glance at a minimap and instantly see what direction you're facing and where the quest is relative to you was so much nicer
    NoAccidentalStealing - you need to be hidden to be able to steal. No more accidentally nabbing that sword lying by the forge while you're trying to use it. Side benefits, it'll sometimes save your skin when stealing when you're discovered just before you try to nab something and the add-on stops you taking it
    Research Assistant - gives colour-coded icons next to researchable items, allowing you to see whether some item you picked up has a trait you're missing, or if it's an item that's best vendored or best dusted for experience. It'll even colour code items of the same type with the same trait, so you can tell which one is best "wasted" on research (allowing you to dust the other one for more experience and better rewards)
    Srendarr - Aura, Buff&Debuff Tracker - lets you, among other things, view buffs on yourself, so you can keep track of using buffing abilities or spot debuffs. It's sort of big and huge and overly complex though, you'll want to spend a bit going through it and disabling what you don't want
    Wykkyk Quest Tracker - do you hate clean UIs and wish you could have a quest progress tracker on the side like in all other MMOs? Good news, everyone!

Glal on
  • Options
    OK, so I'm not crazy, and it IS just hard to see buffs and debuffs, like the effects of eating food?

@hahnsoo1 I'll make a guy and give you his name

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    They try to make the effects more subtle, so your bar glows when you have a buff, the enemy bar shatters when they're stunned and so on, however in the heat of combat it's really hard to pay attention to that, plus it will only tell you there is an effect, but not what it is, how long it'll last, what other effects of the same type are in play and so on.
    As a NB with lots of self-buffs it's invaluable to know which of them are about to drop so I can reapply them and not start bouncing off my target.

Glal on
  • Options
    OK, so I'm not crazy, and it IS just hard to see buffs and debuffs, like the effects of eating food?

hahnsoo1 I'll make a guy and give you his name
    Thanks! I appreciate it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Any folks here playing on PC and in the Ebonheart Pact? My girlfriend and I started playing, and we'd like to get a few placeholders to bump our guild up to 10 members, so we can have access to the Guild Bank. We are more than happy to reciprocate. In theory, 5 groups of 2 accounts could all invite each other, and all of the separate low-member guilds could all get access to the Guild Bank.

I'm not very active yet, but I'd be super pleased to be part of this.

*e* Wait, EP. I don't have any EP characters yet, but I could easily make one.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    @Hahnsoo1 Made an Argonian, Shadow-Of-Moon. On as him now

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    You don't have to be EP to join the guild for that purpose. Guilds are faction-independent. It only matters for PvP.

That said, if you need another body, send an invite to @Luchaire and I'll fill up a slot for you.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    You don't have to be EP to join the guild for that purpose. Guilds are faction-independent. It only matters for PvP.

That said, if you need another body, send an invite to Luchaire and I'll fill up a slot for you.
    Thanks! Yeah, I just figured that out today. :-P I'm new, what can I say?

EDIT: Invites sent to Shadow-Of-Moon and (at)Luchaire.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Eh yeah if you need another body like

again my account name is LucidSeraph and my character name is Grucching Catte so yep

Regarding mule characters, do y'all just use them for storage, or do you do crafting on them? If so, how do you get the skill points for the crafting disciplines? do you just gather enough skyshards or what?

*e* also if someone in the main PA guild can send me an invite that'd be cooooool

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    I have two mules. I just use them for storage. One carries armor/weapons/etc I might want someday and the other carries surplus provisioning supplies and odds and ends (spare motifs, potions, whatever else). I haven't had any need for more than the two.

I'll log in and toss a PA guild invite in a minute.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Any level 15 or lower Magic Users on Aldmeri Dominion? got a ring of the Warlock set I don't need.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @Lucid_Seraph I sent you invites to Pax Arcadia (the main guild) and Arcadian Acquisitions (the craft guild). Just to make you aware, they are both pretty slow. You can be a member of 5 guilds (I think?) so don't feel bad about joining something more active and just chatting with us whenever.

There is however an expansion coming up, so maybe we'll get some increase in numbers.

@Hahnsoo1 Feel free to throw me an invite if you need (userID is Tulabelle) and I can get you in PA and AA if you'd like as well. We have guild banks in both, but I haven't looked at them in a while so I'm not sure of there state.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    @Lucid_Seraph I sent you invites to Pax Arcadia (the main guild) and Arcadian Acquisitions (the craft guild). Just to make you aware, they are both pretty slow. You can be a member of 5 guilds (I think?) so don't feel bad about joining something more active and just chatting with us whenever.

There is however an expansion coming up, so maybe we'll get some increase in numbers.

@Hahnsoo1 Feel free to throw me an invite if you need (userID is Tulabelle) and I can get you in PA and AA if you'd like as well. We have guild banks in both, but I haven't looked at them in a while so I'm not sure of there state.

Ahh, gotcha. I'll log in tomorrow and pick those up.

*edit* I lied. I'm not logging in, because my client is giving me some bloody error, which probably means I'll have to reinstall it tomorrow. Again. :|

Lucid_Seraph on
This discussion has been closed.