As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hello [Fallout thread], this is John Henry Eden and you're listening to Enclave Radio

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm highly disappointed that there's not more open world games that let me indulge my pacifistic ninja concussion tendencies. But I suppose guns are easier to model than stealth.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I remember trying a pacifist run once in Fallout 3.

Got a good bit done before I ran into the quest where you had to clear the super mutants out of the purifier area. That kind of put a damper on the whole thing.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There are also mods for freeing slaves and crucified people. Send them to the NCR or Followers of the Apocalypse. There's a Medicine-check or something for the crucified not dying.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I'm highly disappointed that there's not more open world games that let me indulge my pacifistic ninja concussion tendencies. But I suppose guns are easier to model than stealth.

I would love a pacifist game where you can go through the game doing terrible things to disable people, but never quiet killing them...because, you know, pacifism.

• Options
    Dishonoured supports semi-lethal strangle-runs in addition to sneak-runs.

Look at this weapon-mod, though. This modder knows what's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgfgZvTzlJY

This video only shows off one of the three added detonator-variants.

• Options
    I just want a reliable source of mini nukes for..reasons.

science reasons.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Can you manufacture then with GRA? Or is that just the ammo variants?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Nocren wrote: »
    Can you manufacture then with GRA? Or is that just the ammo variants?

Ammo Variants that require mininukes to make iirc

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    GRA does add more of them to merchant-inventories, though.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Console them in?

• Options
    Console them in?

That's just downright cheating.

If only there was some kinda duplication glitch..

• Options
    Wasteland Pacifist: You deal 60% less damage, but if your target is knocked unconcious they don't get back up while you're still around. ( If you need to wake someone up that you have knocked unconcious; Activate the target, while crouching)

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35841/

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I would love a pacifist game where you can go through the game doing terrible things to disable people, but never quiet killing them...because, you know, pacifism.

So basically being Batman?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "There are seven working defenses from this position. Three of them disarm with minimal contact. Three of them kill. The other--"
    b]KRAKK[/b
    "--hurts."

• Options
    I need enough Mini Nukes to bring a nuclear winter to the Mojave, maybe then the troopers will finally shut up about it.

• Options
    I'm just glad they're not talking about their knee injuries.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    I need enough Mini Nukes to bring a nuclear winter to the Mojave, maybe then the troopers will finally shut up about it.

Just stock up, then. Gun Runners restock twice a week.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Why.

Why.

Why would you do that good god.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
  • Options
    I just can't fathom the sort of mind that would blend such monstrosity. It sounds like something the Brain Trust would think up.

• Options

Now where is my dart gun.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Why.

Why.

Why would you do that good god.

Someone has a bright future at the Big Mountain Think Tank...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    vNZb0Hnl.jpg
    goTRp5G.jpg

PLA on
  • Options
    Is it weird that the thing I'm most stoked for about E3 is the possibility of seeing what the new Powered Armor for 4 will be?

• Options
    I was only stoked about Fallout 4 because of the possibility of the assets being handed off to obsidian afterwards for another real Fallout game.

but @That_Guy kindly torpedo'd that idea the other day with his facts and information

• Options
    I didn't give watto44's Satchels enough credit at first glance. http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35904/
    Canteen, duster, satchel, boots, Patrol-knife, et c.

And this companion-controller seems convenient and userfriendly, but I haven't tried it. http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37572/

• Options
    I was only stoked about Fallout 4 because of the possibility of the assets being handed off to obsidian afterwards for another real Fallout game.

but @That_Guy kindly torpedo'd that idea the other day with his facts and information

Easy with the NMA talk there, chief. I really liked 3 a lot.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I have a hatelove relationship with bethesda game. I love them when I actually play them, but when I just think about them, it feels so hollow. I still like the itemization in TES games better though, there's only so many "generic pistol/AR/melee weapon" that you can accumulate before it starts feeling like there's no point in doing any dungeons. Even though 90% of the items in skyrim are trash, the possibility of magic items made it much more exciting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skyrim's weapons are more homogenous than Fallout's weapons. Even the magic is mostly generic.

• Options
    Skyrim had a lot of unique loot, though. Not just model wise, some of the enchantments are freaking wild.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've got some scaled armor I'm holding onto just incase I find more high level flame enchantments.
    But the love/hate relationship sticks with these games to a T.

I hope 4 strikes a different tone than 3 or New vegas. Because I've got desolate wasteland and warzone between two empires(Need some more science fiction to inspire a better Caesar), I'd like something different.

• Options
    TES-games have some nice magic weapons. Skyrim has Dawnbreaker, the Dawnguard-hammer, Auriel's bow and shield, that one scimitar that can knock people down, Bloodskaal Blade, the crossbow that's just a gun with special ammo-types, I guess Mehrune's Razor can be fun, and of course the Wabbajack.

Auriel's bow and Wabbajack are the ones that go beyond Fallout-level.

• Options
    They could do enchaments in Fallout like mods. +damage, -rof, ++condition.

Or just do random stats like Borderlands. I don't need the variety of unique skins, but unique stats would be cool.

Oh, and while were wishlisting, more gun attachments. I love slapping on various attachments in other fps games and really making a gun feel like mine.

• Options
    Robobrains are cool. Wish both voices were used in New Vegas.

I appreciate that they made a wind-brahmin and put it in the files, even though they decided to not use it.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I have a hatelove relationship with bethesda game. I love them when I actually play them, but when I just think about them, it feels so hollow. I still like the itemization in TES games better though, there's only so many "generic pistol/AR/melee weapon" that you can accumulate before it starts feeling like there's no point in doing any dungeons. Even though 90% of the items in skyrim are trash, the possibility of magic items made it much more exciting.

Fallout 1 was a much shorter game than any in the series since. Incremental upgrades in weapon stats felt like a lot as a result. Armor was not so incremental so you really felt it when you found a new type.

Fallout 2 was longer than 1 but still short compared to 3 or NV. Still, new weapons and armor felt meaningful though there could be longer stretches of sticking with one and some of the itemization was weird. It wasn't uncommon for a gun only encountered later to be almost objectively worse than one found earlier. But one thing that was different was that cybernetic upgrades had to be found in dungeons and the like, not just paid for with cash.

I haven't played any other DLC, but I think Old World Blues did a good job with its treatment of dungeons. Most if not all the locations had a special weapon, armor, skill book recipe, implant, or housing upgrade for you to find.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Is Fallout 3 stable on PS3? I've heard some bad things about it and Skyrim on that system, and a new pc is not in my foreseeable future.

Must...strach......itch.

• Options
    It only crashes a bit. Locks the console every now and then. It's fine.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    They could do enchaments in Fallout like mods. +damage, -rof, ++condition.

Or just do random stats like Borderlands. I don't need the variety of unique skins, but unique stats would be cool.

Oh, and while were wishlisting, more gun attachments. I love slapping on various attachments in other fps games and really making a gun feel like mine.

Gun stats aren't randomized in BL. They're dependent on which components a gun is made out of.

• Options
    File-divers come up with some good stuff.
    While I was poking around the records associated with this guy I kept seeing repeated instances where he was to be given a single suit of used Leather Armor, such that he could not wear it, but COULD sell it. I puzzled over this for a bit, until I happened to look to the north at the attacked caravan.

Have you ever wondered why, of the two dead Guards near the attacked caravan, only one is wearing armor while the other is completely without armor? Well this guy is the reason why. The intended implication was that the Wasteland Adventurer had stolen the Leather Armor off the dead caravan guard, and while he was not going to wear it himself he was more than happy to sell it to you.

That, more than anything, is why I spent a little extra time restoring this guy. He turns something I always thought to be a strange design choice into a somewhat morbid commentary on the state of the Mojave Wasteland.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48865/

Also this.
    Traps - Expanded Volek's ED-E Avoids Traps fix to also account for Bloatflies, Eyebots, Mister Gutsies/Handies/etc., and even RL-3. It does not exclude Cazadores, since there's no way to tell when they are or are not flying, and also f%$# Cazadores.

This discussion has been closed.