As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Grumps: Now with MORE WOLFJOB

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Monster Hunter seems to remind me of the Souls games, where if you ever mess up or play something in a way different than the meta, the community immediately jumps down your throat.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Seeing Danny play Zelda 2 makes me thing the game isn't all that bad. But then I remember things like jumping down the chimney, and the false wall in that dungeon. There's no way anyone would've found out about that shit without a subscription to Nintendo Power. Or I guess having a friend with a NP subscription.

Bleh...

Crawl is a really cool and creative idea, but I am getting pretty sick of that artstyle in all these indie games =/

I remember having the upslash as a kid, way before I had Nintendo Power. You're forgetting that with no Internet and no magazines, players had to check on their own crackpot theories without peer review, and would happily spend weeks doing so.

I remember the thought process going like:
    1) Hey, when I jump near that small house, my head hits the roof.
    2) The roof must be solid.
    3) I wonder if I can get up there.
    4) Hey, there's another roof over there, and as long as I've cast "Jump"...
    5) Ingrained Super Mario instinct kick in and make me press Down when standing above anything that could potentially lead downwards.

Danny's problem in the video was that he remembered that he could go down the chimney, but not how, which is why he spent time goofing around with an impossible jump before walking a screen to the left at Arin's suggestion.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    From what I've heard, the larger Monster Hunter community is pretty bad. Pat from Two Best Friends was talking about how he'd put 200 hours into the last game and listing off the high level equipment he had, and they got a huge deluge of comments about him being a casual player who needs to actually put in some real time before he claims to love Monster Hunter.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Seeing Danny play Zelda 2 makes me thing the game isn't all that bad. But then I remember things like jumping down the chimney, and the false wall in that dungeon. There's no way anyone would've found out about that shit without a subscription to Nintendo Power. Or I guess having a friend with a NP subscription.

Bleh...

Crawl is a really cool and creative idea, but I am getting pretty sick of that artstyle in all these indie games =/

The Arc Words of this playthrough, as oft spake by Danny himself, is "You have to know".

It's probably the biggest sin Zelda 2 commits.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    From what I've heard, the larger Monster Hunter community is pretty bad. Pat from Two Best Friends was talking about how he'd put 200 hours into the last game and listing off the high level equipment he had, and they got a huge deluge of comments about him being a casual player who needs to actually put in some real time before he claims to love Monster Hunter.

Clearly he doesn't love monster hunter as much as they do *struts around in STARS jacket*

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Fandoms are horrible collections of self-entitled whiners and that's why I hate all fandoms.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular

Not saying if the MH community is bad or not, but I'm not sure that that particular event should be taken at face value. It sounds like the people that said that were being facetious.

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Not having played the monster hunter games, what *did* Suzy do wrong?

I didn't really gather any horrible mistakes or anything from watching the video.

From what I've seen in the comments, they're mad that she isn't using her weapon to its fullest potential.

I've tried that weapon in the game. The special abilities are confusing and unclear. She might be fully aware of them and just prefer not to use them.

But yeah honestly it really comes down to the fact that she's a girl playing video games.

• Options
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

Not saying if the MH community is bad or not, but I'm not sure that that particular event should be taken at face value. It sounds like the people that said that were being facetious.

A few of them were joking, but a larger chunk were very serious and actually angry.

The joking ones took the opportunity to form a 'guild' for the game called "I Guess Pat Doesn't Love Monster Hunter As Much As Us" for multiplayer meetups, which is just great.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Is this ross/barry smash video going to be 40 mins of ross only playing kirby? Should I quit before I waste too much time?

Seems like this is the case. No thanks then. Ross is a super boring Smash player...

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

A few of them were joking, but a larger chunk were very serious and actually angry.

The joking ones took the opportunity to form a 'guild' for the game called "I Guess Pat Doesn't Love Monster Hunter As Much As Us" for multiplayer meetups, which is just great.

That's the fucking best!

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Is this ross/barry smash video going to be 40 mins of ross only playing kirby? Should I quit before I waste too much time?

Seems like this is the case. No thanks then. Ross is a super boring Smash player...

I skipped twenty minutes in and it was Smegma Man against Little Mac so possibly not

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Ross is worst at life.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Inx wrote: »

I didn't really gather any horrible mistakes or anything from watching the video.

From what I've seen in the comments, they're mad that she isn't using her weapon to its fullest potential.

I've tried that weapon in the game. The special abilities are confusing and unclear. She might be fully aware of them and just prefer not to use them.

But yeah honestly it really comes down to the fact that she's a girl playing video games.

It's a new weapon type, and from the videos it's clear they're just starting the game. In the first one, Ross claims not to have strong enough armor to fight the monkey thing. So yeah, why ISN'T Susie already an expert in one of the newest types of weapons in a game she's probably played for 5-6 hours max so far?! Oh right... those guys are huge idiots huh?

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

Shoulda rolled.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Danny is the guy who picks Big Zam in every match because it's hilarious.

Ross is the guy who picks Big Zam in every match because it's overpowered.

So yeah. Ross is not fun to watch in fighting games.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    God those posters never disappoint

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    It can be hard to watch some of these when neither dan or arin are involved. That smash bro video was pretty boring with big gaps where nobody said anything

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    They were just doing it because Ross wanted to play Smash, so I can understand if they were focusing more on the game than on being entertaining, but it almost would have made a better GrumpOut video because of that.

It certainly won't be remembered as a classic Grumps episode or anything.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    I think Barry and Ross are fine.

I do not think they're fine together, as the only two in an episode.

Not unless you handed them both a case of energy drinks beforehand.

• Options
    I think Barry and Ross are fine.

I do not think they're fine together, as the only two in an episode.

Not unless you handed them both a case of energy drinks beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BJqf9NU5gg&ab_channel=GameGrumps

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    the smash video(s) would have been so much better if ross would play something other than kirby

also, not spend half the time trying to get kirbycidies to happen. I could feel the incandescent heat of Barry's rage at the end of that video

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Couple rare instances of salty Barry lately. Crawl, and now this Smash video. Both involving Ross... hmmmmm... :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Inx wrote: »

It's a new weapon type, and from the videos it's clear they're just starting the game. In the first one, Ross claims not to have strong enough armor to fight the monkey thing. So yeah, why ISN'T Susie already an expert in one of the newest types of weapons in a game she's probably played for 5-6 hours max so far?! Oh right... those guys are huge idiots huh?

Oh, definitely, not defending the comment section shitheels. Hell, I was tempted to keep using the weapon in a less-than-optimal manner because I really wanted a bugbro, which would INFURIATE youtube commenters if I had a vagina.

Also is it Suzy or Susie? I always thought it was Suzy.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    That was a much better barry/ross video

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    I AM THE APEX PREDATOR! AH FUCK!

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Danny is the guy who picks Big Zam in every match because it's hilarious.

Ross is the guy who picks Big Zam in every match because it's overpowered.

To expand on this:

Barry is the guy who picks Big Zam in every match because he wants the others to learn how to defeat it.

Suzy is the girl who picks Big Zam in every match because she's too busy trying to make everyone get along.

Arin is the guy who picks Big Zam in every match because he is too distracted to change characters.

Jon is the guy who picks Big Zam in every match because "Whaaaaat!? I like Big Zaaaaaam!"

Kevin fondly regards grumpdom

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    That fish game is actually pretty fun looking. I love the way the world grows and shrinks relative your size. It's almost like you can call this game...
    Katamari Damasea?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I loved the California Games vs.

Though since I played that game incessently I was annoyed at how they squandered the possibility of Foot Bag, which is definitively the best game.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    God I haaaaated California games as a kid. I was really into TnC surf design and when I saw California games I saw it as like the same thing but with more games. Boy was I wrong.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    California Games is evil

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I loved Skate or Die on my NES as a kid. Friend had California Games and I wanted to try it because it had skate boarding and more. I'm like. I can beat him. I'll just bust out a ton of spins and grinds to crush the score.
    Skateboarding controlled like ass and The Grumps here...thats probably about the highest level play of foot bag this game can offer. The controls were so bad.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mFHmyB9pHQ

Summer games to winter games.

Absalon on
  • Options
    The energy on that was palpable, they're loving it. Good for them!

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Thank you: Vitas Varnas, Jeremiah and Brooke Diaz, L’Entrepot De Jeu, Christopher Heilman, Riley Davis, Randy Pntillo, Shawn Calhoun, Trace Montgomery, Ted Kiel, John Davis, Brandon Greenwood, Jack, Crim, Naomi, and Gaia, Nick Brown, Kelly Couto, Steven Morris, Kelly Mconnel, Dustin Combs, Mike Villaster and D. Piddy, Colby Mabile, Travis Peek and Shelly Kikel, Blake S, Jon Eberle, and Taran Bimbra for sending us this game!

They talked about this game a while back I'm pretty sure, I guess this is what happens when they put the call out.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    You gotta go four fat guys when playing Ice Hockey. It's, like, the law.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I can't stop watching the fighting bit (from like 0:26 onwards) of that Game Grumps Animated. It's so good.

This discussion has been closed.