As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Raid 2 and other, inferior, [MOVIES]

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I have seen My Boyfriend's Back.

I watched it when I was a kid.

The bit where the lead dreamt about the girl he liked asking him to eat her left an impression on my young mind.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    Speaking of PSH, has anyone ever seen My Boyfriend's Back? It is a romantic zombie comedy from 1993, and that's really all you need to know about it, but it has PSH as a redneck bully. It also has Edward Herrmann, whose name has too many letters, Mary Beth Hurt, Matthew Fox, and that frail-looking silver-haired dude from Short Circuit who was on Oz at some point as an inmate who knew something about Rita Moreno's husband's death, but could only speak like one or two words in a conversation. "Peter, Peter Marie." Austin Pendleton.

I used to live across from this random video rental place situated right next to a gas station in the middle of fucking nowhere

They used to switch out their posters pretty frequently as one would expect, but for some reason they had a gigantic My Boyfriend's Back poster in the front window, and it stayed there until they closed in the late '90s

I never did see it, but I still think about it

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfLoE6hanc

new Birdman trailer

Two things

They seem to be intentionally not doing Emma Stone any favors, and also holy shit Zach Galifianakis lost a lot of weight

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I just do not know what to make of that film.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Blake T wrote: »

I watched the Birdman trailer and while the movie looks interesting, it more served to remind me that I miss seeing Michael Keaton in things.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Emma Stone looks fine to me there

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I dunno, it looks like could be an under-appreciated classic. Like a better The Wrestler. It's not going to blow up the box office, not by a long shot, but I think if the script is there, the people in it are all very capable of turning in award-winning performances.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Emma Stone looks fine to me there

Doesn't she always?

• Options
    Watching the Lego Movie right now

I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of the Lego "particle effects"

It just looks so neat

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    kilroydoskilroydos Registered User regular
    "The chicken...feels no pain."

• Options
    Also I think the Batman song is better than Everything Is Awesome

FIGHT ME

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Also I think the Batman song is better than Everything Is Awesome

FIGHT ME

okay

YOU'RE WRONG AND STUPID

• Options
    I think it's kinda weird that everyone loves the song that's about conformity and following the crowd

• Options
    I think it's kinda weird that everyone loves the song that's about conformity and following the crowd

Why

It does exactly what it sets out to do by being insanely catchy

• Options

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

they did too good a job on it

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It's positioned in the movie itself as being about conformity and following only whatever your crowd it, but the actual lyrics are fine and more or less devoid of sinister undertones in a vacuum.

• Options
    You're all just part of their machine! WAKE UP SHEEPLE

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I highly doubt that Teagan & Sarah conform to much other than their pixie haircuts.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I have seen My Boyfriend's Back.

I watched it when I was a kid.

The bit where the lead dreamt about the girl he liked asking him to eat her left an impression on my young mind.

"I want you..."

(starts undressing)

"...to eat me."

• Options
    A question the Lego Movie brought up

are there really people that build the stuff and then glue it together so it can't break

i've never heard of that before but it seems all-too plausible

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

are there really people that build the stuff and then glue it together so it can't break

there is specific glue you can get for this purpose

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I highly doubt that Teagan & Sarah conform to much other than their pixie haircuts.

That and being super cute and immensely talented.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

For the architecture stuff it's not like you're building anything else with it. And like sets like the millennium falcon that are huge you might just want a display falcon and not to break it up for other projects.

• Options
    For my first two full-sized movie posters I ended up going with BTTF2, and...

ItHHt33.jpg

I couldn't resist

It's just too awesome of a poster

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hey! I have that too, Vow!

I've also got Ghostbusters, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, a fuckin' huge map of Westeros and a big poster version of this cover:
    if16.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfLoE6hanc

new Birdman trailer

Two things

They seem to be intentionally not doing Emma Stone any favors, and also holy shit Zach Galifianakis lost a lot of weight

Third thing, Naomi Watts kissing a chick.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    You can get that from Mulholland Dr.

You have to be able to tolerate a David Lynch film, but yeah.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    You can get that from Mulholland Dr.

You have to be able to tolerate a David Lynch film, but yeah.

Oh I'm well aware. I was 14 when I saw it, and... let's just say I rewound that VHS many times.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I just do not get what's supposed to be hot about two women kissing. or anyone kissing, for that matter.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    One thing to remember about The Lego Movie
    Is that following Wildstyle's speech, everything is awesome, since everyone works together creating whatever pops into their heads.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Please spell her name right, it's Wyldstyle.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    What is she, a DJ?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    What is she, a DJ?
    Might be my favorite running gag in the movie.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    It's that, or Bad Cop's chair-based violence for me

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I didn't realise it the first time I watched the film, but I love the Micro-Managers. Their voice is just so adorable.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Mental breakdown of a washed-up actor who never really had much of a career after being pigeon-holed by a franchise, seems like.

But as with so many things, it's not the actual story so much as how it's told. And it looks like it's going to be a heck of a treat to watch.

• Options
    if you told me the Guardians after-credit scene, to my face, I would call you a liar

unbelievable

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    if you told me the Guardians after-credit scene, to my face, I would call you a liar

unbelievable

Going to see this tonight. Unbelievable good, or unbelievable bad?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Honestly.

It is just so left field.

Unless you know what it is.

You would not pick it.

This discussion has been closed.