As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Destiny! Give me your gamertags!

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    well i mean you need a lot of whatever but also, you're going to be held back by ascendant materials so there's no reason to just go and farm all that helium

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    It would be so much easier if you could just buy materials with Glimmer

Also if Glimmer was useful

I'm sitting on 10,000 and have no idea what to even use it for

Blow it all on the crypt arch, every time you level up with him you get a bunch of engrams that increase in rarity each time

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    It would be so much easier if you could just buy materials with Glimmer

Also if Glimmer was useful

I'm sitting on 10,000 and have no idea what to even use it for

Buy engrams from the cryptarch!

Buy spaceships and sparrows for fun!

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Buy ammo synth packs because you will need them for difficult content.

Also some of the exotic bounties take a bunch of glimmer to complete.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    all the cryptarch has right now is greens and those get you like 10 points with him

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    That's all he ever has pretty sure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Got to 23 last night, and got my first Legendary engram. It actually decoded into Legendary gloves... for a Hunter. That really pisses me off, that the chance for Engrams to become items for another class only appears on Legendaries and Exotics.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    is there any sort of hotkey for the ammo synth packs or do you really need to go into the menu mid-fight to use one?

• Options
    You need to go in the menu so you'll need to find cover yeah

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »
    i'm thinking about next time we fight atheon

spoiled for sake of people wanting to be unspoilt
    we should have me, a warlock, and a titan going through time. i'm thinking the titan should grab the shield as the bubble is nice and all but what we really need inside the hell world is damage, and the titan is the burliest class so it can take punishment while it has the shield. the hardest part of the fight will be the first time we go into the timestream, as on subsequent going innings we should have our supers up to melt the hob/goblins. it seems that we definitely want to kill them before dealing with the oracles, and a combined warlock void walker thing + golden gun should be enough to destroy even the minotaur if we aim goodly. so the first time we go in and fire rockets/machine gun and kill them ASAP, then kill oracles as we move to the portal out. I also read if you're sprinting or jump through the portal it can bug and that's why sometimes you don't end up where you're supposed to, so make sure to calmly walk out. on the next entry into the time stream we'll have supers and burn them before switching to oracles.

Yeah, I can do that.

It will also help if everyone can be up to level 27 if not 28 to be able to deal with the supplicants better.

So what you're zaying is; we're getting the band back together. Some thoughts:
    A Voidwalker ult, properly aimed, should roast the minotaur completely. (They have void shields, that does void dmg)

We should make sure grenades are prepped for the first go-round.

IIRC, super energy persists through attempts, so if need be we could build up energy, wipe, and have a Titan stomp/VW blast ready for each teleport, in sequence

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I went and leveled up my raid gloves up until they needed ascendant shards, next time in the raid I'll be able to get super energy from killing oracles. So I may be able to drop a nova bomb and then get my super right back

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    That seems very useful!!!

signature.png

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Now that I know exotic bounties are a thing, I'll be logging into Destiny every day until I get one

Like I told myself that I wanted to devote my day to FFX today, but I still had to boot it up just now just to check

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    oh my goodness I did it hooray solo nightfall woo

for at least a little while I am cabeza de fuego

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Now that I know exotic bounties are a thing, I'll be logging into Destiny every day until I get one

Like I told myself that I wanted to devote my day to FFX today, but I still had to boot it up just now just to check

I think you get them as a reward for finishing other bounties

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

I think you get them as a reward for finishing other bounties

Yeah, they trigger as a reward when you turn in bounties.

• Options
    Oh

Hmm

I've actually been turning in a ton of bounties so that's disheartening that I haven't received one yet

On Saturday I was actually able to clear ALL my Vanguard and Crucible bounties for the day

• Options
    I consider it a personal affront that I have not yet been #blessed with an exotic weapon bounty.

Also it better be a shotgun, fusion rifle, or auto rifle. You hear me Bungie?

signature.png

• Options
    You know what? Just a Legendary

I'll settle for a Legendary

I'm light level 23 and am decked out in all blues

I've gotten one Legendary Engram and it gave me a blue and then I murdered everyone

• Options
    I just did today's daily in the most ass holish way possible

standing outside the aggro range of all the enemies and shooting at the boss with my infinite regenerating ammo sniper

Steam ID
  • Options
    You are guaranteed an exotic bounty when you reach Vanguard Level 3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    anyone want to try the weekly nightfall today/tonight? Don't know how possible it is but I'd like to at least give it a shot

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    JohnHam wrote: »

we should have me, a warlock, and a titan going through time. i'm thinking the titan should grab the shield as the bubble is nice and all but what we really need inside the hell world is damage, and the titan is the burliest class so it can take punishment while it has the shield. the hardest part of the fight will be the first time we go into the timestream, as on subsequent going innings we should have our supers up to melt the hob/goblins. it seems that we definitely want to kill them before dealing with the oracles, and a combined warlock void walker thing + golden gun should be enough to destroy even the minotaur if we aim goodly. so the first time we go in and fire rockets/machine gun and kill them ASAP, then kill oracles as we move to the portal out. I also read if you're sprinting or jump through the portal it can bug and that's why sometimes you don't end up where you're supposed to, so make sure to calmly walk out. on the next entry into the time stream we'll have supers and burn them before switching to oracles.

Yeah, I can do that.

It will also help if everyone can be up to level 27 if not 28 to be able to deal with the supplicants better.

A Voidwalker ult, properly aimed, should roast the minotaur completely. (They have void shields, that does void dmg)

IIRC, super energy persists through attempts, so if need be we could build up energy, wipe, and have a Titan stomp/VW blast ready for each teleport, in sequence

when you succumb to the oracles it drains all your super, and we succumbed a lot

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I should probably start doing the dailies and such

But man I'm learning that unless I'm sprinting through crucible maps with a shotgun, I am not super good at this game

This fucking "complete a strike without dying" bounty was really screwing with me the other day. I died twice on the earth strike! The level 8 earth strike

I am level 22

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    To fully upgrade my gear I'll need

160 helium

come on

You can run a circle on the moon and just literally never stop getting it

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I should probably start doing the dailies and such

But man I'm learning that unless I'm sprinting through crucible maps with a shotgun, I am not super good at this game

This fucking "complete a strike without dying" bounty was really screwing with me the other day. I died twice on the earth strike! The level 8 earth strike

I am level 22

Do the low level moon strike instead. There's no one-hit-kill stuff in there. Or sniper groups.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options

Yeah, I can do that.

when you succumb to the oracles it drains all your super, and we succumbed a lot
    What does succumbing even mean? Is it just a "you didn't kill these fast enough" thing, but not an insta-kill?

signature.png

• Options
    edited September 2014
    yeah farming doesn't suck quite as much once you get a good loop going on and figure out where chests and resources spawn

still takes too long though and has to be paired with podcasts or something

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options

Yeah, I can do that.

What does succumbing even mean? Is it just a "you didn't kill these fast enough" thing, but not an insta-kill?
    it's both failing to kill them fast enough and an instant kill (it drains super and when your bar is empty that's when it kills you)]/spoiler]

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I'm finally finishing the story

I la la la love this game

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    yeah farming doesn't suck quite as much once you get a good loop going on and figure out where chests and resources spawn

still takes too long though and has to be paired with podcasts or something

That's basically how I've been doing it. Remote play + watching Giant Bomb stuff on the side.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I wish I had more time to play this game I really enjoy this game

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    You are guaranteed an exotic bounty when you reach Vanguard Level 3

I don't believe so.

I hit rank 3 with vanguard and all I got was a crappy purple rocket launcher.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Getting vanguard rep sure takes a while. I'm only halfway to rank 2.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    I wish I had more time to play this game I really enjoy this game

We haven't even played yet.....................

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I hit 23, and am decked out in blue! Wooo!

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Would anybody be up for helping me with the weekly later? I wanna try hit 24.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I am down for trying the weekly with anybody this evening but man me and @DouglasDanger‌ tried it last night and we got fucked UP

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I still need to do my weekly strike before the reset

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.