Options

Destiny! Give me your gamertags!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I have never even been above 5,000 Glimmer

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Should I wait to spend my motes with Xur or should I buy myself a pretty class item?

Doesn't xur take strange coins?

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Dys wrote: »
    Should I wait to spend my motes with Xur or should I buy myself a pretty class item?

Doesn't xur take strange coins?

He does, but he also sells an exotic engram for 23 motes.

I don't know if that engram is worth the risk.

• Options
    Actually you know what I'll wait until Tuesday to see what the speaker gets then. If nothing I want, I'm waiting further for Xur.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I got like 10 blue engrams from that magic cave and they all turned out to be green items inferior to what I already had

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Who the fuck is Xur?

Vendor that sells exotics for strange coins. Shows up Fri+Sat.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Got myself one of the Crucible chest pieces from the legendary engram the Cryptarch sent me for leveling him up

Shame it's the Intellect/Strength version, though

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Who the fuck is Xur?

Leader of the Ko-Dan Armada

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    for folks who've made it to level 28+, did you find better legendary gear or was it all from upgrading vanguard/crucible tier equipment?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I hit level 20 last night! Now I level faction and vanguard rep in order to get good gear? Which I in turn upgrade? So lots of strikes and bounties?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    It's all upgrading. I believe all legendary gear should give the same amount of light.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaaaaand my first legendary engram decodes to a blue shotgun inferior to my current two (not to mention my exotic in the works).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    It's all upgrading. I believe all legendary gear should give the same amount of light.

the VoG gloves I got have a higher def/light ceiling than the vanguard ones I have, although it's close enough that I need to upgrade them before they will be better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    i'm saving my motes for the Queen event this week. Who knows what she's gonna have or if there's a rep vendor.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

the VoG gloves I got have a higher def/light ceiling than the vanguard ones I have, although it's close enough that I need to upgrade them before they will be better.

Oh dang oh well

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Nobody told me the Hunter has a knife! Fuck this. I'm starting over. Gonna play as a robot, too. Gonna make up for not ever playing as a robot in PSO.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Nobody told me the Hunter has a knife! Fuck this. I'm starting over. Gonna play as a robot, too. Gonna make up for not ever playing as a robot in PSO.

RAcast for life dude.

• Options
    For a second I thought you were calling me a "Racist for life."

• Options
    Speaking of misreading, I learned today that the warlock subclass is "sunsinger" and not "sunslinger."

I like my version better.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Sunslinger is way cooler

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I got a legendary chest piece out of a blue engram! It was my first one! Also... It's for a class that I don't use. Yay!

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

RAcast for life dude.
    Man, I bought that game and everything, but for whatever reason, my Dreamcast wouldn't go online.

It's funny, considering that, a dozen years later, I got disconnected from a Destiny game twice tonight.

• Options
    the cave of wonders was generous tonight and gave me 4 legendary engrams, one of which was an exotic sniper

still waiting on a legendary primary though

Steam ID
  • Options
    Do you think Bungie was burnt so bad by Halo 2 that they completely avoided putting SMGs in this game?

• Options
    some auto rifles will have like 60 round mags and insane fire rates. they tend to have crazy recoil though

Steam ID
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Yo I just did remote play with my vita with this game and they clearly put effort into making a control scheme that would work with it

Why didn't this system get any love God dammit

@I Win Swordfights explain this fuether to me re: the control scheme because I almost bought a new vita to try this

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Oh you explained after lol. Hmm

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Anyone looking into getting a Raid group going soon? I have off on Tuesday due to a holiday in Japan, so if there was possibly an attempt going on Monday evening I could join in with my 27 Defender.

I make all the Orbs.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    How do exotic bounties work? Are they given like regular bounties?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I wonder if you can get mic support through Remote Play? The only thing keeping me from using it while doing easy content is that I'm typically in a fireteam.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    How do exotic bounties work? Are they given like regular bounties?

You have a small chance of receiving one directly after turning in a bounty.

You'll be given the option of three bounties to do and you don't have to choose right away.

It takes up a bounty slot until you finish or abandon it.

• Options
    i'm thinking about next time we fight atheon

spoiled for sake of people wanting to be unspoilt
    we should have me, a warlock, and a titan going through time. i'm thinking the titan should grab the shield as the bubble is nice and all but what we really need inside the hell world is damage, and the titan is the burliest class so it can take punishment while it has the shield. the hardest part of the fight will be the first time we go into the timestream, as on subsequent going innings we should have our supers up to melt the hob/goblins. it seems that we definitely want to kill them before dealing with the oracles, and a combined warlock void walker thing + golden gun should be enough to destroy even the minotaur if we aim goodly. so the first time we go in and fire rockets/machine gun and kill them ASAP, then kill oracles as we move to the portal out. I also read if you're sprinting or jump through the portal it can bug and that's why sometimes you don't end up where you're supposed to, so make sure to calmly walk out. on the next entry into the time stream we'll have supers and burn them before switching to oracles.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    it really should be Gunsinger and Sunslinger rather than the boring way it is now

• Options
    Zay wrote: »
    i'm thinking about next time we fight atheon

spoiled for sake of people wanting to be unspoilt
    we should have me, a warlock, and a titan going through time. i'm thinking the titan should grab the shield as the bubble is nice and all but what we really need inside the hell world is damage, and the titan is the burliest class so it can take punishment while it has the shield. the hardest part of the fight will be the first time we go into the timestream, as on subsequent going innings we should have our supers up to melt the hob/goblins. it seems that we definitely want to kill them before dealing with the oracles, and a combined warlock void walker thing + golden gun should be enough to destroy even the minotaur if we aim goodly. so the first time we go in and fire rockets/machine gun and kill them ASAP, then kill oracles as we move to the portal out. I also read if you're sprinting or jump through the portal it can bug and that's why sometimes you don't end up where you're supposed to, so make sure to calmly walk out. on the next entry into the time stream we'll have supers and burn them before switching to oracles.

Yeah, I can do that.

It will also help if everyone can be up to level 27 if not 28 to be able to deal with the supplicants better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    To fully upgrade my gear I'll need

160 helium

come on

• Options
    I would maybe focus on upgrading the raid boots you got rather than something that might get replaced.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Yeah I'm just sitting on any shards I get now as I'm level 28 and kind of want a better exotic piece so that will need upgrades

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    To fully upgrade my gear I'll need

160 helium

come on

Reading about this grind and the material farming that goes with it, I'll just never get to that level. I am straight up unwilling to do soul sucking farming for hours on end

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    It would be so much easier if you could just buy materials with Glimmer

Also if Glimmer was useful

I'm sitting on 10,000 and have no idea what to even use it for

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.