As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Yeah it's really thick. So far what I've done is sort of skip around to a bunch of the lore bits, and now that I've read most of those I'm getting down to the nitty gritty "here's how you actually play" stuff.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Same here. I'm finding it all very interesting if not a bit daunting for a first timer. I am really looking forward to trying to get a game in just gotta find an experienced GM until I have at least a slight clue as to what the hell is going on.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Spoilers RE: Haley Cubed and New Deneghra are out and about on Facebook.
    The Juicy Bits:

Major Prime Victoria Haley [3]:
    - Major Prime Haley [Haley3] has 8 FOCUS, 15 boxes, 3 warjack points, 19/20 DEF/ARM (with Temporal Flux, Dirge of Mists, and camping 6 focus).
    - Time Walker: 2 Focus (each) to put Past or Future Haley into play (they can't activate this turn).
    - Can upkeep her Past and Future forms for 2 focus each.
    - Feat - Arcane Singularity: Adds 2 FOCUS to all Haleys, and they each gain 2 focus.
    - Spells/abilities: Reiteration (replicate other Haley spells?), Domination, Tactical Supremacy, Temporal Flux (defensive boost).
    - Past and Future Haley start at 4 FOCUS, and can allocate.
    - Past Haley has Force Hammer, and Raw Talent (additional die on damage rolls).
    - Future Haley has Revive and Phase Bolt.

Deneghra [3], The Soul Weaver:
    - 7 FOCUS, Battle Engine, Flight, 4 warjack points, 15/16 DEF/ARM
    - Soul Weaver: Can take souls from other friendly models.
    - Soul Mastery: Can use souls to trigger soul-based effects (maybe convert immediately to focus).
    - Arcane Mastery: Costs 1 soul, cast a COST 3 or less spell.
    - Vengeful Spirits: Costs 1 soul, allocates up to 3 focus to a battlegroup warjack in her CMD range.
    - Feat - Hell Gate: Gains 7 Soul Tokens.
    - Spells: Scourge, Mortality, Grave Wind, Ghost Walk

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    That looks fun, versatile and active. I can't wait for release.

Trenchers are looking good with Haley3. So are cavalry, forgeguard with Murdoch, boomhowlers, and a whole host of other infantry depending on how temporal flux works.

She can also spare focus to run multiple jacks, which is awesome.

I wonder how she interacts with the squire and sylys.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Meh, who cares about the dipshit tourney destroying twins?

That new Steelhead solo is a freaking boss. Hands out tough to non-warnoun faction models within 3" of him? Hell yes. And hands out Defensive Line to Steelheads in his command?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    uyxlxg6nq7v0.jpg
    Through a combination of fearsome reputation, ruthless tactics, and intimate knowledge of the occult, Aleksandra Zerkova has scaled the ranks of the Greylords Covenant. Her open display of mystical power, from forbidden relics to guardians enslaved to her will, has earned her many enemies—but none capable of standing in her way. She is as skilled at espionage as the dark arts, and more than a few of her detractors have disappeared without a trace, while those once vocal about her wrongdoing have grown strangely quiet.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    74083_AradusSoldier_WEB.jpg

74083_AradusSentinel_WEB.jpg

The horrific, insect-like aradus are among the most terrifying of the skorne’s warbeasts. Protected by a thick layer of chitin, aradus soldiers lash out in battle with hooked claws to drag enemies toward their vicious mandibles. The soldier grows strong from its feast, wounds closing with each mouthful. The aradus sentinel possesses venom sacs that can be constricted to fire a precise blast of debilitating venom at its enemies. Living tissue exposed to this toxin dissolves and sloughs off the bone in melted gobbets.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Oh now that I like.

• Options
    CathartikCathartik Registered User new member
    edited May 2015
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Meh, who cares about the dipshit tourney destroying twins?

I care a great deal about getting a new caster for my faction.

Sorry to tell you about their is no tourney destroying caster. Everything can be beaten, even in a bad match up. It all comes down to experience.

Still think Haley3 might just be a single jack caster and saving all that focus for spells.

Cathartik on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Some new stuff out that I can't link because as usual when they announce stuff the hamster powering their web server gets a heart attack.

Zaal2 and a new Retribution warcaster, and two Merc character solos.

• Options
    Here we go.

qqV4SBC.jpg

Seems Zaal died, but when has death stopped Skorne?

ugWxFkX.jpg

• Options
    Okay, who gave Retribution the Soul Calibur?

• Options
    It might be the paint-job, but that sword looks like it's almost glowy plastic.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    Meat Thresher and the 2 merc character solos below the spoiler....
    LutMGDG.jpg
    OTXRLNV.jpg
    sWApA1l.jpg

"I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Looking forward to Savio being way better than the Cygnar Stormblade solo.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    MOAR STEELHEADS!

• Options
    Oh, wow, the Thresher is only $69 MSRP too.

eeeee

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Yup. Real plastic, too. I don't know what the kit looks like, but the Convergence TEP kit was a dream to put together.

• Options
    The price point is dangerous, too, since it's hitting that point where after Internet Discount I'm actually considering doing the double Thresher list out of Helga's Curtain Call.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Muse posted that past and future Haley are incorporeal, and that future Haley grants the unit true sight. That sounds pretty cool.

The stats and spell list for the new ret caster are also floating around, but transcribing them is more than I can really manage on my phone.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Jiggabwa. That... sure is a caster. D:

Storm Rager (on a naturally MAT 7 P+S 13 WM caster), Assail, Ground Zero, Onslaught, and a melee-only version of Spell Piercer? And a feat that hands out a additional die on melee attacks and sidestep?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Storm rager on any of ret's scary combat solos really.

kaorti on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    From some other forum:

Focus 6
    Speed 6
    Mat7
    Def 15
    Arm 16
    Sword: pow 13 wm and reach

Field Marshall: cleave
    Blade shield
    Riposte
    Martial Discipline

Spells:
    Storm Rager (+2 to mat, str, and arm)
    Assail(!) free charge and +2 movement to jack
    Ground zero
    Onslaught : pathfinder for models who begin charges in control
    Spell piercer

Feat: boosted melee attack and sidestep.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And the Hordes 10'th Anniversary Box is...
    Kromac2 versus Saeryn2 & Rhyas2 (as a warlock unit).

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ShredderPlushy_WEB.png
    Don't really need to add anything.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Caine has a character warjack now apparently. A Hunter that has an affinity where it gains the following rune shots: Shadow Fire, Trick Shot, and Thunderbolt. It also has Infiltrate.

Oh, and the Hurricane has Turbulence (models activating within 10" lose Flight for one round)

EDIT: And in-faction medium based infantry! Ogrun Trench Busters (solo, has 8 health, 17 arm, Girded, Flank (Trencher), Tough, Assault, and a weapon that looks like it can drop a smoke template).

Nobody on
  • Options
    Oh, hey, it's Ace. His experimental 'jack from that one novel. Was wondering if it was going to show up.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    The Ogrun Trench Buster should've been a unit. It really should've. So annoyed it's not.

That said, some really hilarious models have been spoiled today. Just check out Chain Attack.

(Helios is probably one of the better colossals. Its gun can push models 3 inches in any direction and has auto fire 3 on it. It has Virtuoso and has a "Spend a focus to activate from a choice of 3 different abilities" thing going on. All 3 are really good. )

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Proxed Ace a couple of times over the weekend at Lock & Load Germany. Dude is a beast. Took out a unit of Outriders, Gorman and eEiryss in 2 activations (with a little help from eCaines Magic Bullet). Will be an autoinclude in Caine lists for me from now on.

Also - if you want to see some German warmachine games, we streamed from the Lock & Load Outpost Germany this weekend and the games are saved on Twitch. Me and @Iskander did color commentary (in english) for most of them.

You can watch that stuff at www.twitch.tv/Page5de

• Options
    Speaking of beasts, Haley3 amirite?

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

I think it's just safe to assume Haley anything is going to be a metagame breaker

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

I think it's just safe to assume Haley anything is going to be a metagame breaker

Yeah, but I don't think anyone could've predicted how this iteration was gonna do that.

• Options
    Huh. War Store has a pre-order up for a Cephalyx army box coming out in September.
    · Warcaster Exulon Thexus (resin & white metal)

· Warden Heavy Monstrosity (plastic)

· Wrecker Heavy Monstrosity (plastic)

· Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges Unit (10)(plastic)

· 2 Cephalyx Mind Slaver & Drudges Units (10)(plastic)

· 3 Cephalyx Agitator Solos (white metal)

· Pistol Wraith Solo (white metal)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, really tempted to pick that up.

Because why play a mere three factions? (Okay, I don't really have a lot of Cyriss stuff, but...)

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Damn it, I don't _need_ another Exulon...

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I ended up picking up that entire box worth a while ago, but I'm hesitant to put it all together until there's at least enough unit diversity to make the army lists less of a uniform decision. Right now there's very few ways to play the army, and I'd get soured very quickly on the whole thing unless there's some way I can inject personality into the army.

• Options
    I'm actually considering picking up the Cephalyx AIO for exactly the reasons you listed, Dedwrekka. It would be nice to have a third army I can look at and say, "Yep, I own everything for them all ready." I was tempted by CoC for the same reason but I just wasn't willing to pull the trigger at the time.

• Options
    Yeah, I doubt we'll see more than a very slow trickle of new stuff for Cephalyx, if any. It's a minor faction like Cogs.

• Options
    Reckoning plot discussion? Reckoning plot discussion!
    Metal Gear Strakhov finally ended, and Karchev is back in action.

Durst proves to be the only Menite Stryker is willing to admit he has respect for.

The Empress pulls a total Just As Planned and surprises everyone! Also gained a new giggling groupie in the name of Epic Zerkova.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, I doubt we'll see more than a very slow trickle of new stuff for Cephalyx, if any. It's a minor faction like Cogs.

To be fair, unlike Cogs almost every new Merc unit that comes out can be used by them with a little... persuasion.

persona4celestia.jpg