As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Is it affinity with Butcher?

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    DragonPup wrote: »
    Reach club. Affinity Boundless Charge.

PIP33108.jpg

I expect every Khador player to own this model and I am okay with that.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    That is a really badass model.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Serve the Motherland!

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Has there been anything new on the Rhulic Battle Engine yet?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Nope, not that I've heard.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Is it affinity with Butcher?

Yup!

"I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    After putting EMakeda, Mollick, the attachment guy, and the Titan Gladiator together I'm reminded how much I hated putting WM/H models together.

• Options
    If the Swordsmen swords are not straight, drop them in hot water for 10ish seconds then gently bend them. Repeat as needed.

• Options
    Spoilers from the League are starting to get unlocked. The first one, more than likely being on those gremlins that were shown in the SmogCon video.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    The PC game has a free demo on Steam right now. 26 gigs!!! O_O

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Warmachine Tactics is pretty terrible, just FYI.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    It's really not bad. I'd have agreed with you last summer/later last year, but it's come a long way since then. A game of this scope is going to need a while to really come into its own, especially with the budget it had and the size of its dev team.

At least they're committed to fixing it in the long term.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Warmachine Tactics is pretty terrible, just FYI.

It is? I just bought it a couple months ago, and it's been pretty cool so far. Seemed like a good way to start picking up game mechanics on my own.

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    The base gameplay is OK. The interface is a buggy chore to deal with. If they could make the various movement ranges easier on the eyes, facing selection smoother and the buttons more responsive it might be fun.

They also need to allow for mid-mission saving in the single player.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Ignoring mechanics, the fact is the UI is almost unusable. It takes an hour to do a mission that should take half that.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Reckoning cover!

Zerkova sporting black armor, Denny 3 on a battle engine, and Doom Reavers with halberds!

Reckoning.jpg

DragonPup on

• Options
    Alternate link, because the PP servers are having a meltdown from all the hotlinks.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    DragonPup wrote: »
    Reckoning cover!

Zerkova sporting black armor, Denny 3 on a battle engine, and Doom Reavers with halberds!

Reckoning.jpg

I use the term battle engine loosely here

More like FUCKING DRAGON

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    5pvtjbriazku.jpg

Khador Christmas, anyone?

Ruin.jpg 137.8K
  • Options
    All the new jacks coming out just make me look at my dwarf heavies and sigh.

At least we got the best colossal, and as always there isn't a problem that can't be solved by adding more gunbunnies

• Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I wince when I think about it, but Ruin brings thoughts of power creep up in my mind.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Whew. Thankfully Ruin doesn't have a buckler. Dat soul collection, tho. That means it can pack effectively six focus. God damn.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Svenska wrote: »
    I wince when I think about it, but Ruin brings thoughts of power creep up in my mind.

As long as colossals exist it's really hard for there to be relevant power creep in heavy warjacks. Ruin is super good and will get played, but he's not going to bust the game.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Svenska wrote: »

As long as colossals exist it's really hard for there to be relevant power creep in heavy warjacks. Ruin is super good and will get played, but he's not going to bust the game.

While I agree, it's certainly off-putting to me. It feels like all PP can do these days is make pieces that are either middling and useless or insane point-and-shoot missiles. As I say that, I feel like the Mutineers strike a decent balance in being a neat finesse piece, but they aren't the norm.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The more important bit from the new NQ:

o8FT4ff.jpg

CHOO CHOO!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    For me the important bit is the nifty zone marker. I don't know why I didn't think to get some whipped up out of rubber matting instead of using window screen material (which does fine, it's just not real pretty).

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Hey Khador players!

Plastic IFP and Black Dragon boxes!

Instead of paying $105 or $120 for the full unit+UA, you only pay $60!

DragonPup on

• Options
    Aww yiss!

I've had my metal IFP sitting for what, seven goddamn years because I couldn't be arsed fixing their horribly crooked pikes.

• Options
    If the plastic Cetrati spears are any indication, this will be a massive improvement. Worst case they needed a hot water bend, and that takes a couple minutes tops.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Aww yiss!

I've had my metal IFP sitting for what, seven goddamn years because I couldn't be arsed fixing their horribly crooked pikes.

Brass rodding all of those was a pain.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I’m stoked to see everyone getting excited about the Meat Thresher model, and I can answer a few of the questions that have been asked about it.

The reason the model is sitting so far back on the base is because it is actually the reference prototype. When I was approached to do the Battle Report for No Quarter, the only copy of the model available at the time was the reference copy that was already assembled and glued to the base. The actual studio model painted by Matt DiPietro is amazing! You can almost smell the bacon cooking just looking at it. I can hardly wait for you to see it on the website very soon.

I also have a little treat to share about how awesome the real one will be: the Meat Thresher will be made of the same plastic material as the Transfinite Emergence Projector!

If you find yourself at AdeptiCon in Schaumburg, Illinois, March 19–22, be sure to track me down for a game!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Any suggestions for converting Boomhowler & Company to look like members of Cygnar? I want all of my Mercs to look like they are full fledged members of Cygnar but haven't found any examples of Boom online. I don't want to order parts that won't work.

• Options

• Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    10942526_864122143660170_6423616192912929356_n_zpsghrt8ucj.jpg

PREPARE YOUR BODIES.

• Options
    Haley3 confirmed as being Haley1+Haley2.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    Haley3 confirmed as being Haley1+Haley2.

Source?

• Options
    ME.

I mean, that picture is literally baby Haley (Journeyman Haley?), Haley 2, and a leg floating in from above. And why would they be making new Haley art that is just Haley2 again?

• Options
    I want you to be right. Like, some kinda of ultra-warcaster unit or something. I'd have to consult a physician for an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.