As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Ding, dong, the double-teleport bullshit is dead.

As a wise woman once said, "deal with it deal with it hashtag deal with it."

EDIT: Oh, god, that's a great excuse to go to my FLGS tomorrow, since it's a fairly Circle-heavy meta. mmm... spite.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Time to go check out the PP forums, this should be amusing

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh, PP. You so cray-cray.

Nerf to Bradigus = good.

Nerf to Circle as a whole = ehhhh. The faction is not tearing up the game so I don't see why you make that change at this point. It should've been changed at the release of Mk2 or saved for Mk3.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, I think it'll probably end up being a good thing in the long run since they don't have to worry about design being hampered due to the existence of the double teleport.

And it does basically bring it in-line and consistent with all the other place effects which are once-per-turn.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I agree, which is why I think they should've done it way earlier before all Mk2 models were designed with that in mind. :)

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Weird. For some reason I was under the impression that teleporting something multiple times was done away with the advent of Mk2. I remember it being a thing with Baldur in Mk1. I forget what changed during the transition. Guess this wasn't it.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Weird. For some reason I was under the impression that teleporting something multiple times was done away with the advent of Mk2. I remember it being a thing with Baldur in Mk1. I forget what changed during the transition. Guess this wasn't it.

I don't remember the Mk1 card, but I'm guessing it was because in Mk1 they said "the model can't move" whereas in Mk2 it's "the model must forfeit movement" and all of their other rulings tell you you can't forfeit the same thing twice. Except that they specifically ruled you could with Shifting Stones.

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    It's a good thing for some of circle's other support. Hunters mark, bounding and Kaya's beast support spells all get comparatively better.

• Options
    I agree that it diversifies the movement shenanigans that are playable, since before it was pretty much the shifting/warpath/TK/beatback express, but I'm not sure I would say it makes them better. :P

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, been wanting to jump back and play some Menoth, how is it doing? Is Horse Kreoss good? Because he looks awesome.

• Options
    Menoth is great. It has always been great. Kreoss3 is perfectly viable.

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Wait. Stone Form is a FORCE ability now?! I thought it was still a * Action. Holy shit that explains a lot.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    SmogCon video's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwIbDW5VqOk

EDIT: Goddamn those last 20 seconds were more hype than the rest of the video combined.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Hnnnnnnnhhhhhh that fucking Hydra.

5 spray tens? Better be at least rat 4. Black Spot + Willbreaker = 11 shots on a REALLY GOOD DAY.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    HAIL HYDRA!

That thing looks absolutely fantastic!

• Options
    I was surprised the Hydra was already fully sculpted and painted. Sooner rather than later, maybe?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Possible, but a fully-painted model doesn't mean they have the molds up-and-running.

• Options
    Sure, but it'd be farther along than ones that are just 3D renders.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Same with the new Cryx Colossal - the Sepulcher. Seems these two might be coming down the pipe first.

• Options
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Hnnnnnnnhhhhhh that fucking Hydra.

5 spray tens? Better be at least rat 4. Black Spot + Willbreaker = 11 shots on a REALLY GOOD DAY.

Apparently it just does 6" sprays, or can combine them into 10's.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I wasn't that sold on the Mammoth, but a Desert Hydra... :hydra:

• Options
    I think PP is getting their model designs really dialed in. I cant wait to see the full rules. I predict that the blight bringer will feel really unfair.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    kaorti wrote: »
    I think PP is getting their model designs really dialed in. I cant wait to see the full rules. I predict that the blight bringer will feel really unfair.

Well, like, the new gargantuans are great sculpt-wise, but the new colossals are a fucking joke, so I'm not sure I completely agree with the sentiment.

• Options
    I do not have a Hordes army. I am somewhat interested in Skorne.

My LGS has the Skorne "full army" box in. They are also having a sale through tomorrow for 30% off.

I have gift cards that can cover the (adjusted) cost of the set.

Decisions, decisions

• Options
    The Skorne box seems like a good deal, model-wise - everything in there is solid on the table.

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    kaorti wrote: »

Well, like, the new gargantuans are great sculpt-wise, but the new colossals are a fucking joke, so I'm not sure I completely agree with the sentiment.

I am now extra confused as to why the new Colossals simply look like upgrade kits. I get in the lore they are using the same chassis but that isn't really an excuse. Based on the artwork and the Cryx Sepulcher the new variants are, visually, a big let down. New Gargantuans are great, though.

• Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

My LGS has the Skorne "full army" box in. They are also having a sale through tomorrow for 30% off.

Decisions, decisions

That box contains like $230+ of models. It's a fantastic deal. Plus, Skorne is getting a Hydra. :)

"I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    DragonPup wrote: »

Decisions, decisions

That box contains like $230+ of models. It's a fantastic deal. Plus, Skorne is getting a Hydra. :)

Oh definitely. The Skorne Warbeasts (including the mammoth and upcoming hydra) are the main reason I'm looking at going with them.

• Options
    Worst case you buy the box it and ebay them in a few months. You'll probably make your money back easily. ;)

• Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    Do we know if plastic Iron Fangs are incoming?

I've stumbled into some Khador, and I'm looking to expand my troop options. REALLY not looking forward to brass rodding those bad boys.

• Options
    Plastic Iron Fangs are inevitable, but they haven't been previewed so they're likely at least six months out.

• Options
    Yeah, I have a bunch of the old metal Iron Fangs and they've just been sitting in a box because ugh swapping the pikes.

• Options
    So yeah, I'm doing Skorne now >.>

• Options
    So yeah, I'm doing Skorne now >.>

:hydra:

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Rumor peoples...my google-fu is weak, have there been any whispers of the Legion box?

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I thought so, but I can't find anything at the moment.
    Nope, there we go.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/pip73094.html

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    The Warstore has the box up in preorders, and a list of contents

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    This Reddit thread has all of the box contents that we currently know about. Fingers crossed they eventually make Merc/Minions boxes.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Oh! Thanks everyone! I didn't realize they were more than rumors, pre-ordered. Got to have it.

• Options
    Reach club. Affinity Boundless Charge.

PIP33108.jpg