As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

METAL... GEAR?!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    How many svd shots to kill the end on that dock? I can't seem to hit him once though. The vita is hard to aim on.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    IIRC there's an explosive barrel nearby you can take him out with

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    IIRC there's an explosive barrel nearby you can take him out with

i thiiiiiiiiiiiink he also has a bomb on the undercarriage of his wheelchair?

i dunno i've never actually sniped him because i love that fight

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    One to the head will do it...

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Why on earth would you rob yourself of the The End fight

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

Cheevo

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

Cheevo

Speedrun.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Don't you still have to fight a substitute fight with Ocelot? Although I suppose that'd still be faster than the End fight would normally be.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    my only wish for mgsv is that kojima fulfills his original vision of the end fight taking literal weeks

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Don't you still have to fight a substitute fight with Ocelot? Although I suppose that'd still be faster than the End fight would normally be.

the Ocelot Unit is there but iirc you can just sneak past them

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    my only wish for mgsv is that kojima fulfills his original vision of the end fight taking literal weeks

given how mobile games work these days, that might actually work these days? I mean, given how long people are willing to wait to be able to click their cows or whatever

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Dreeewww you can just shoot hiiimmmm

sig.gif
  • Options
    Oh man Drew counting all the competing factions is the best.

He counts the mercs and Dead Cell separately because he's not assuming fucking anything.

Also he's only counting FOXHOUND as its own party because he doesn't know but that's the single most perceptive thing he's said about the plot.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

He counts the mercs and Dead Cell separately because he's not assuming fucking anything.

Also he's only counting FOXHOUND as its own party because he doesn't know but that's the single most perceptive thing he's said about the plot.

i look forward to when he sees ocelot working with dead cell

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

i look forward to when he sees ocelot working with dead cell

Man, Ocelot counts for, like, five factions on his own.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Wait I thought Metal Gear Online already premiered, like five years ago?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    That was Metal Gear Online (2), mgs4's online component which doesn't have servers up anymore

This is the new online multiplayer, for mgsv

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    metal gear online 3 launched in 1984

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Man Speed when you get around to Big Bossing Mother Russia feat. Big Boss, good fucking luck with The Fury.

Just took me a good dozen tries to beat him on a normal-ass Normal game, and even though I knew the knife trick.

Also, I predict a Drew brickwall right there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I always have a really hard time with The Fury

Actually the bosses in MGS3 are the weakest parts of the game by far, excepting the shagohod and General

• Options
    The Boss is pretty good too

So mostly just Pain/Fury/Fear

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah I always have a really hard time with The Fury

Actually the bosses in MGS3 are the weakest parts of the game by far, excepting the shagohod and General

MGS3 has a very clear delineation between a first half that is very gameplay-dense and has very little plot development, where you're essentially just sneaking through increasingly difficult sections and fighting the Cobra unit

then when you get to Groznyj Grad the balance shifts back to a more usual Metal Gear pacing. In a way, The Fury is kind of like MGS3's Fatman in that he's the final obstacle to the plot really getting going.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The only boss I don't like in 3 is the pain, because it's so reliant on the pressure sensitive grenade tosses

The fear is great as long as you don't break the fight with the goggles, the end is one of the best boss fights ever, the fury is hard as shit but it's a really good fight, all the endgame stuff is great

• Options
    Also, I almost feel like The Fury and The Fear should switch names. Fury sneaks up on you, it's dark, and when he just lands right in your face it's real easy to lose your cool and fumble while he toasts you good.

The Fear is just a pain, actually.

The Pain doesn't really make me angry though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    is The Fury that one with the flamethrower

FUCK that guy

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I never really thought of The Fury as being that difficult, but I haven't played MGS3 in years. Dive through him to rip his suit, explode barrels when he's near them, shoot his helmet. What else?

• Options
    i once killed the fury in one knife swing just because i cut his flamesuit and set off like three barrels at once

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    His fire takes up a TON of space, does a ton of damage, you constantly have to put ointment on, and the game isn't good at differentiating cosmetic fire and fire that actually hurts you, and also it's hard to spot him before he fills the entire world with flames and he can just jetpack up and land wherever he wants. Also if you wanna get anywhere near him you really have to sneak up on him. The only saving grace is that he telegraphs anytime he's about to move somewhere fast and he just clomps-clomps-clomps around the rest of the time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    So what's the knife trick, anyway? Like you can cut up his suit or something?

• Options

The knife does a lot of damage to him and after tossing him down once with it he'll say "My suit just ripped!", after which everything will do more damage to him.

Tricky part is sneaking up on him and knifing him in the first place.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I like sniping the end at the dock early. The boss fight is super cool too but I find having to evade the ocelot bunch is fun as well.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    The boss fight in MGS 3 I always have the most trouble on is actually the Fear. I know the tricks to him, I'm just pretty bad to pulling them off. With the Fury I just... ran around and shot him a lot I guess. Just constantly running away.

• Options

The knife does a lot of damage to him and after tossing him down once with it he'll say "My suit just ripped!", after which everything will do more damage to him.

Tricky part is sneaking up on him and knifing him in the first place.

excuse me he specifically refers to it as his FLAME suit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The boss fight in MGS 3 I always have the most trouble on is actually the Fear. I know the tricks to him, I'm just pretty bad to pulling them off. With the Fury I just... ran around and shot him a lot I guess. Just constantly running away.

Yeah I totally mixed up Fear/Fury. The guy in the trees you have to lure down and use thermal goggles. That guy sucks a lot and it always takes me way too long

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    The only boss I don't like in 3 is the pain, because it's so reliant on the pressure sensitive grenade tosses

You can also blast the armor off of him with the shotgun (theoretically any gun could do the job if you get enough hits in, but the shotgun only takes maybe three hits to leave him vulnerable).

• Options
    His BEE armor.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Yeah I totally mixed up Fear/Fury. The guy in the trees you have to lure down and use thermal goggles. That guy sucks a lot and it always takes me way too long

Heh last time I fought him it literally took me ten seconds. I just put the thermals on and he kept jumping between the same 3 branches. It was really weird and kind of hilarious.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Oh my god, Drew doesn't seem to know bumping into guards will destroy his cover

and he came so close to ramming straight into a bunch of 'em, nearly gave me a heart attack each time

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.