As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So I didn't even know this game existed until two days ago, I was trying to play PaD however multiple attempts at starting over seems to have broken my ability to install the game.

In searching for something similar for now to play I came across this game and lo and behold there is an associated tread for it! Which bodes well.

In any event not really sure what to do really, I'm at Chapter 6 and so far I started with Grace the Archer, first pull of Amazora, and generic Healer/Knight/Warrior. Recent pull was Sorman and I think you get Ba'Gunar via story so that's kind of my setup at the moment (plus a random sword dude)

In talking with someone else who had played he emphasized the importance of a good healer and I'm guessing B rank may not cut it but so far I've been chugging along rather nicely.

Interesting game but I feel like i'm just at the tip of the iceberg here.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So I didn't even know this game existed until two days ago, I was trying to play PaD however multiple attempts at starting over seems to have broken my ability to install the game.

In searching for something similar for now to play I came across this game and lo and behold there is an associated tread for it! Which bodes well.

In any event not really sure what to do really, I'm at Chapter 6 and so far I started with Grace the Archer, first pull of Amazora, and generic Healer/Knight/Warrior. Recent pull was Sorman and I think you get Ba'Gunar via story so that's kind of my setup at the moment (plus a random sword dude)

In talking with someone else who had played he emphasized the importance of a good healer and I'm guessing B rank may not cut it but so far I've been chugging along rather nicely.

Sorman is all the healer you will ever really need.

Fanart is a good way of explaining the current healer situation:
    L5bUIEb.png

That is Kuscah and Sorman, who are functionally clones except for what status effect they have a resistance to. It is easy to make a case for Sorman being the best healer in the game.

By the way, you can clear the entire story and basically all extra content so far with just B/A tier adventurers. I know because that is what I've had to do.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

Sorman is all the healer you will ever really need.

Fanart is a good way of explaining the current healer situation:
    L5bUIEb.png

That is Kuscah and Sorman, who are functionally clones except for what status effect they have a resistance to. It is easy to make a case for Sorman being the best healer in the game.

By the way, you can clear the entire story and basically all extra content so far with just B/A tier adventurers. I know because that is what I've had to do.

Ah good to know, I was afraid that only B rank stuff would not be sufficient as a bit of the initial research I've been doing (the last 5 mins) seems to be a lot of people re rolling for SS rank.

Aesthetically I'm kind of happy with the people I've gotten so far (I assumed Grace was given to everyone but I guess that's not actually the case, although switching her job right before hitting Chapter 5 may have been a bit of a mistake as it seemed to be a bit rough with her and Ba'Gunar at lvl 1 at first)

Sadly I have forgotten my phone at home and work is incredibly slow today so i'm spending my time reading up instead of playing :(

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Everyone gets either Grace or Bahl to start with and the two essentially have a free job class up, a healer (during the first month or so that healer was upgraded to Kuscah), and 2 generics covering whatever weapon type is missing. There is no reason to do anything with energy other than rolling and there are no special rolling periods so you may as well use it as soon as you have the 5 energy.

You get 1 energy for clearing a chapter and 5 energy in the mail for logging in every day for 8 consecutive days.

Also, don't bother rolling in the pact of fellowship, you are going to want to save all your coins for upgrading jobs in order to unlock more skills.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Given that there are really only 5 adventurer healers in the game as long as you pull one of them you're pretty much set

And like Talith said pulling Sorman/Kuscah is probably a much better option than pulling the three nurses early, because A/B adventurers are much easier to level/job unlock early on given your limited resources.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Also, you can get one of the kind folks around here to give you their referral code and get 5 energy from that too, if you haven't put in a referral code.

You get 5 for putting in someone else's (once you've beaten chapter 3, which you already have), then 5 energy for the first, fifth, and tenth referral you give someone else (when they pass chapter 3), and 1 energy for all others up to 10.

• Options
    Cleaning, shading, and coloring is fun and all but I just need to focus on getting more sketches done. Hundreds of sketches. Especially hands... that's something I need to work on next.

SuaUvii.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    but why would hiso be sad in that position

• Options
    Because even if he was willing at first, we shouldn't forget that she is made of stone.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yeah I guess you could say any action involving Daiana is

hot and heavy 8-)

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Orphane on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    :crackle:

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Yeah I guess you could say any action involving Daiana is

hot and heavy 8-)

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I heard it could be quiet shocking with Samantha...

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Samatha*

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    I'm aware lol

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Speaking of Samatha

SWCdAu3.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    where's gatz

• Options
    Slaving away farming legendary weapons.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Speaking of Samatha

Good lines but the positions are a bit off. Unless deliberately opening for a side by side or similar position, hips between dance partners shouldn't be perpendicular to each other. The lead's hips will roughly point to where the follower should be. In a smooth dance (Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, and the like), generally the leader's right hip will connect with the follower's right hip. One of those things that helps reinforce that it's not just two people dancing, it's two people dancing together.

A more technical detail would be that the foot positions are off for a corte. The leader's left leg should be behind while the right leg is straight and usually the leader's right leg is aligned between the follower's legs (and likewise the follower's right between the leader's legs). There are patterns that involve the dancers' legs being outside of each other but it's not as common. And the leader's right hand is the one on the back with the left being the one that shows off in a smooth dance (and having it rest on the same side hip is more common than having it behind the back. The latter sometimes looks like someone has back pain). Those details go a long way in depicting dance more believably.

Finally, not nearly raunchy enough for having her hand on the leader's chest. Her left leg should be crawling up the lead's straight right leg.

People love to upload their ballroom dance performances or walkthroughs to youtube (I have a few amateur ones floating around) so there's a lot of reference material for doing artwork based on dance.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I flipped the image horizontally because of Samatha (so her headband flower and ribbons would show correctly on her left side) and while drawing I thought the idea of the dress partially enveloping the leg like that was neat.

Think you can mark on the image what should change after flipping it? It's fine if all you do is superimpose a stick figure to show what leg should be where.

Since it was interesting I'll try doing some more dancing figures, this time paying more attention to actual references... and maybe this time doing more than just one out of four hands.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I flipped the image horizontally because of Samatha (so her headband flower and ribbons would show correctly on her left side) and while drawing I thought the idea of the dress partially enveloping the leg like that was neat.

Think you can mark on the image what should change after flipping it? It's fine if all you do is superimpose a stick figure to show what leg should be where.

Since it was interesting I'll try doing some more dancing figures, this time paying more attention to actual references... and maybe this time doing more than just one out of four hands.

Samatha herself is actually great for the most part. Her right foot is forward and looks like it has her weight on it as is correct. The the only detail is that it doesn't look like the ball of her left foot has contact with the ground. It's her partner that has some details off.

I don't have any convenient image hosting but someone uploaded a video of that particular step from multiple angle's so you can see what the lead's legs look like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLa4nKRAGxM

The guy is kind of doing things by the books so there's not much shaping of his body (if he twists his trunk a bit to the right, there's more of a curve to the shape they make together. There are limits to how much that can do since they have to stay together).

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    WizardWizard Registered User regular
    Plopping this here as some might like the ability to spreadsheet their Pact of Fellowship completion: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-5qG-haqA1h53uLJm8nos69TqU_kGxflyub5ADQWtw/edit?usp=sharing

• Options
    Alright, here is another attempt at it.

aIgeEWN.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Not sure whether this is just something that I hadn't seen before, or if it's new, but it looks like item drops are up in specific chapters right now.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    nvm

They implemented a Daily Bonus which increases the drop rate of monsters or items in selected daily chapters

Since today is the first day they added this feature, it's item drops, and these chapters are labeled

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Tried cel shading... but since I didn't set up nice clean lines first it was a much more painful experience than it needed to be. Lesson learned.

8vqBusq.png

edit: played around with Clip Studio Paint. Made some clean lines and went to work recoloring it.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Alright, here is another attempt at it.

Love it. Not perfect, but believable. The only things that look off are things I see other students where I dance do (and that I've done in earlier years dancing).

The two details to keep in mind for the future are the lead's left hand/arm and back. If you drew lines between the leader and follower's left and right shoulders, the two lines would be parallel. The lead's left arm pulling back that much would be awkward. Doable and common among even students in their first two years of doing this, but not ideal. The other is that ideally the leader's left hand never raises above the follower's eye level. In Tango, the maximum ideal height lowers to the lead's shoulder level. Having it above the follower's eye level gives the appearance and feel that the lead is pushing down on the follower and can look awkward, especially with a noticeable height difference. Pretty sure this applies to any partnered activity really. And again, it's something a lot of people still do.

The second detail is that the lead's back shouldn't bend forward that far. If the leader wants to follower to come closer, the leader has to make that room available and not encroach into that space. It sometimes looks like the leader has bent forward because the default posture of the leader changes for this pattern. Instead of a back and head aligned in such a way to try to keep the spine as straight as possible (which makes the head look up a bit), the leader has twisted slightly to the left so the left shoulder and arm are now breaking the silhouette the straight spine made. If there is bend, it's a side to side from raising that left ribs while twisting the torso but it'll be slight as on the whole tango tries to stay pretty level. It also sometimes looks like the leader has bent forward because a student forgets he's supposed to keep his back straight in this. Incidentally, dance pictures are likely to be a great way to study and practice drawing how a lot of muscles and joints most people don't think about affect posture and movement. A lot of muscles that normally work with others to perform larger motions get isolated and used for specific effects.

Again, all things you actually do see on the dance floor with people who are not professional dancers so perfectly believe for characters that mostly spend time beating up monsters.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Next stream is going to be on the 13th and there is talk about a skill boosting dungeon that would go on rotation.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Filled out the spread sheet to see how I was doing... a lot further to go than I realized to max out PoF.
    Sum of Skill Boosts			3670
    Total Skill Boosts			9000
    Percent of PoF Complete			40.78

Equivalent Amount of Gold		2,431,500.00
    Total Gold Needed			5,490,000.00
    Remaining Gold Needed			3,058,500.00

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Does that spreadsheet account for the initial pull (or rather, can it even because any mob that can be gotten through PoF can be gotten through other means)?

• Options
    All the spread sheet does is say there is "X" number of monster in it, it costs 3000 coins for 5% skill boost. You enter in your current B% of every monster in it (Currently 90 monsters).

So I currently have 3,670 skill boost acquired (through PoF/PoT/Dungeons) and to max out the machine I need 9,000 skill boost. If I never used any of those monsters and got only B% from PoF it will cost me another 3million coins.

Each monster I capture from Negotiator, reduces that by 3,000 coins. Or each monster I get another 5% in reduces that by 3,000 coins.

With Bajanna this weekend I was averaging over 8,000 coins per run on Coin Creeps 3. One time I got 10,800 coins in one run.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Managed to complete 20-1 for the first time in months probably with drop bonus. 10 drops, one ore, not impressed.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    20's drop rate varies pretty wildly. Sometimes you don't get anything, sometimes you get 3 rare metals from all 3 bosses. It's just...the sheer frequency at which I grind it just as a "hey, gonna sleep soon, why not start this chapter to be stamina efficient and get some xp/etc" stage has netted me a ton of Dark Matter and Animaton.

• Options
    Yeah I don't actually need anything, but I thought I'd run since it was on drop bonus whatever.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah the drop rates seem to do something at least, the monster drop rates still appeared to be non-existent.

I ran 15-6 six times during increase drop for 2 ore drops.
    I ran 21 with Samatha about 5 times this weekend for 2 monster drops with negotiator.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    So what's the best level of the monster drop rate boosted levels to run for monsters?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I mean, monster drop rates are miniscule to begin with without Neg/Neg Pro (and really just Neg Pro), so it's a crapshoot even if it claims boosted monster drops

• Options
    Third live stream will air at http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv208437026 8 AM eastern.

We can expect more energy codes, possibly a drunk dev, and most likely they will show the SS that comes with the player guide.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I'm tuning into the stream late...

but here is some info so far:

The guide:
    0384503c.jpg

and the SS waifu included:

9fe148e1.jpg
    99a1d98b.jpg

Also, this is big, but they are finally going to let us skip cutscenes.

There will be SB% sorting options for characters as well.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Coop play will now have little animated Hiso emotes you can drop onto the board to communicate with players.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That's so waifu i don't even
    Also, this is big, but they are finally going to let us skip cutscenes.

There will be SB% sorting options for characters as well.

Excellent

Orphane on