Options

No time for [Chat], Mad Stan is on the loose!

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I don't get the Hiddleston and Cumberbatch love, I just don't

I can see when men are attractive but I just don't get it with those two

cumberbatch makes no sense yeah

but hiddleston i mean did you see only lovers left alive?

huh what

it's cumberbatch that's the attractive one

hiddleston looks good normally sure but i can't help but see loki as a disgusting greasy-mopped nerd who's all bitter about everything and it rubs off a little on my perception of him, just a teensy bit

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    to summarize: 2/10 elbows too pointy, would not bang

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I think that trying to take away the control panel is foolhardy

not because it's impossible to translate it into metro, but because nobody's going to go back and make sure that all the niche features of applets dating from WinXP/2K/NT will still work

I do also resent that whoever is metro-izing the control panel appears to have contempt for things like tabbing across interface elements, alt+tab, copy/paste, and so forth, but that might be fixable. Might. If they decide to. Which they might not.

Have things actually been removed that were in the win8 control panel?

If they're just fleshing out the metro settings app that doesn't necessarily mean they're planning to ice the control panel.

They still haven't officially killed RT, so the settings app remains necessary.

I want them to put wifi back in the control panel!

When was WiFi in the control panel?

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/LDck1cA.png[/img]

Ahh... Can't you just hit the windows key and type wireless.. Oh there it is, *click*.

I pretty much always got to it through the taskbar icon dealie....

Still I guess that could be annoying.

I hate what a pain in the ass it has become to get to nic settings, even in server versions.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    hahahaha oh my god this iggy azalea performance on SNL

why would anybody listen to this

this is incredibly bad

this is like a parody of white people trying to do hip hop and failing tragically

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    thats just like

innate english superiority

you can look literally like a lizard and still be able to drop american panties

just how the world worx sry

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Mazzyx‌

Did you see the Times article on the CIA's use of former Nazis? We've known for a while that they had some on the payroll but even the most wild guesses were in the 600 range, not the 1000+ range. And some of the shit heels they recruited. Ugh. I suspect that's going to go down as a particularly low point in American history.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

What they are perfect

sig.gif
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    to summarize: 2/10 elbows too pointy, would not bang

daaaaaaaaang

also no
    benedict cumberbatch looks vaguely like a horse in the face region
    he is talented actor but not attractive to me

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »

cumberbatch makes no sense yeah

but hiddleston i mean did you see only lovers left alive?

huh what

it's cumberbatch that's the attractive one

hiddleston looks good normally sure but i can't help but see loki as a disgusting greasy-mopped nerd who's all bitter about everything and it rubs off a little on my perception of him, just a teensy bit

It's Hiddleston's smile and his eyes. The man just screams playful and a bit naughty.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

not because it's impossible to translate it into metro, but because nobody's going to go back and make sure that all the niche features of applets dating from WinXP/2K/NT will still work

I do also resent that whoever is metro-izing the control panel appears to have contempt for things like tabbing across interface elements, alt+tab, copy/paste, and so forth, but that might be fixable. Might. If they decide to. Which they might not.

If they're just fleshing out the metro settings app that doesn't necessarily mean they're planning to ice the control panel.

Ahh... Can't you just hit the windows key and type wireless.. Oh there it is, *click*.

I hate what a pain in the ass it has become to get to nic settings, even in server versions.

Yeah but the metro wireless app is useless.

NIC settings are easy to get to. Win+X, Network Connections.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ladies and gentlemen, i give you wriggly's thoughts on #gamergate
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffb

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    take up arms

drive the english oppressors out of our ladies' vaginas

• Options
    thats just like

i mean let's be real here it's totally cumberbatch's voice that does it for me

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

ffffff why hide things under win+x

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    is microsoft's dream world one where the idiots stumble around a fenced interface and roaming tech-gods occasionally hammer out magical combinations that open Secret Interfaces That Do Everything

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    This is huge. Like destruction of the Berlin Wall, but more important:

http://toucharcade.com/2014/10/27/king-of-dragon-pass-developers-working-on-spiritual-successor-six-ages/

Are these games fun to play on iOS?

King of Dragon Pass plays like a dream on iOS. The gameplay is all turn based and carried out through menus. It's like a cross between an RPG that has robust choices and consequences, an empire strat game and a choose your own adventure book.

• Options
    is microsoft's dream world one where the idiots stumble around a fenced interface and roaming tech-gods occasionally hammer out magical combinations that open Secret Interfaces That Do Everything

yes

• Options

So they can rename it next version so that you can't fucking find it.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    And I was justified in betting on Washington and taking the points against Dallas

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    I like how win+x has Command Prompt and Command Prompt (admin)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I think their dream world is one where their OS is as elegant and stable as OSX/iOS, but also somehow compatible with all windows and dos programs ever written.

• Options

Shut up shut up.

If you complain about win+x too much some exec will find out the engineers snuck it in there and remove it.

Also isn't getting to Network Connections in 7: Control Panel, Network/Sharing Center, Change Adapter Settings? That's an extra step!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    hiddleston just doesn't have that slightly haughty note to his accent

as a commonwealth, gotta venerate that english domination

• Options
    I like how win+x has Command Prompt and Command Prompt (admin)

Mine has Powershell and Powershell (Admin).

#sweg

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    thats just like

i mean let's be real here it's totally cumberbatch's voice that does it for me

Did you see the interview where someone asked him what question he hadn't been asked but should be?

"Oh cmon, now I have to do your job too? On top of the plane rides and the backbreaking appearance schedule, I have to... no! Absolutely not, back to the drawing board with you."

sig.gif
  • Options

Shut up shut up.

If you complain about win+x too much some exec will find out the engineers snuck it in there and remove it.

Also isn't getting to Network Connections in 7: Control Panel, Network/Sharing Center, Change Adapter Settings? That's an extra step!

no, because you could get to the wifi network's properties applet through right-clicking the wireless network in the system tray popup

the applet's just... completely vanished

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    personally tom hardy really does it for me

only when he does the bane voice tho...

• Options
    edited October 2014

Shut up shut up.

no, because you could get to the wifi network's properties applet through right-clicking the wireless network in the system tray popup

the applet's just... completely vanished

Well the old Wifi management thingy is dead and gone, to Microsoft's discredit.

You can still make it to network/sharing center by right clicking the systray icon for a wired network at least.
    I dunno for sure about what happens with a icon for wirless, don't have wireless on this PC.

EDIT: Wait you could get all the way to the xp-style properties box from the systray icon in 7?
    I didn't know that.

Aioua on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    Valkyria Chronicles has been on my list of games to get for PS3 since I got a PS3

I really want to finally play that fuckin' game :|

Despite playing it at the age of, like, 22, it has been pretty influential in how I now view games. It's also, tangentially, what got me into XCOM.

Also it's rad I <3 it omg

My steam avatar is still from it.

I look forward to winning the map in a single turn with Alicia again, running 1.3 miles before the enemies can even react like the goddamn Flash

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

you can kind of see the logic behind it

Computers are everywhere yet people aren't getting more comfortable at diving into the guts of their OS

But the MS brand is built on letting users have a degree of control without going full Unix on them

So carefully hiding The Button That Deletes Grandma's Email so only dudes who know how to Google can find it actually makes sense, at least to me

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    Valkyria Chronicles has been on my list of games to get for PS3 since I got a PS3

I really want to finally play that fuckin' game :|

Despite playing it at the age of, like, 22, it has been pretty influential in how I now view games. It's also, tangentially, what got me into XCOM.

Also it's rad I <3 it omg

My steam avatar is still from it.

I look forward to winning the map in a single turn with Alicia again, running 1.3 miles before the enemies can even react like the goddamn Flash

This was a ground breaking strategy game. It doesn't get enough recognition.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Final Destiny raid boss defeated. In retrospect, it wasn't that hard, and now I can go back to being a human. Picked up San Andreas for the 360 and played that for a bit.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Abort, retry, fail?

When your cat process stops working always press fail.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    thats just like

0f118c24e54c9c6eeb09e8d2b25c4ab8.jpg

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    tumblr_ne2sckgOUe1u24g68o1_1280.jpg

these are funny as fuck

• Options
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

those are fantastic.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Do you not consume chocolate through your butt?

This discussion has been closed.