As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reveal Knob's embarrassing repressed fetishes in the [Indie Games] thread

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

ahhhh i leave for work in 15 minutes! going to want to play this my whole shift now.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wait, it's actually CALLED "Minecraft: Story Mode?"

The fuck?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It was either gonna be that or Minecraft: A Telltale Games Series

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the puzzle of those games is the story, it is the narrative

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    the puzzle of those games is the story, it is the narrative

it is love

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I look forward to Telltale making an adventure game that's told entirely through dialogue texts. No voice for Minecraft!

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    > punch ye tree

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    So, Kentucky Route Zero.

Is there an order to things, episodes and website minisodes? I'd like to do it all in a certain order.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So, Kentucky Route Zero.

Is there an order to things, episodes and website minisodes? I'd like to do it all in a certain order.

I've had this post open in a tab for literally forever waiting for me to play that game:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/30168896/#Comment_30168896

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Limits and Demonstrations can pretty much be played whenever. You could even play it first, if you wanted to. It doesn't have a clear spot in the time line and is mostly more backstory on one of the important, recurring characters.

The Entertainment, however, should absolutely be played between Act 2 and 3. That's the clear chronological order (and will help you understand some stuff in Act 3).

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    If we aren't talking about it already

Simogo launched a free game called The Sensational December Machine today

It's adorable

@Speed Racer

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Wait, it's actually CALLED "Minecraft: Story Mode?"

The fuck?

in the context of minecraft it fits perfectly

it's the only thing they could have named it really

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Minecraft is super janky and everyone who likes it either doesn't mind it anymore or embraced it as part of the charm

said as somebody sorta in both groups

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i mean minecraft's other game modes are just called modes, i don't know why it would be called anything different

adventure mode
    survival mode
    story mode

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Thanks, dudes.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Hey, Markus Pearson is still an independent game creator. Hypothetically.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Notch is in fact the MOST independent developer

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    10 billion bucks buys a lot of independence.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Spiced HamSpiced Ham Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Just finished my final paper for my English class. I wrote the paper on how gender disparity in films and video games has a negative influence on how women are treated in real life and makes it harder for them to get into those industries.

And as I was creating my works cited page, I noticed how many of my important sources were fairly recent. Like, not even five years old. If I had tried to write this paper a few years ago, it would have been a lot harder for me to find good primary research, especially for video games.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I built the sickest Macross style rocket launcher in Loadout. It fires seven spiraling rockets full of flak grenades that I can control with a laser guidance system.

It isn't nearly as powerful as the lame beam weapons that litter that game.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    KRZ is a joy and a treasure and I hope it goes on steam sale so that more people can enjoy it.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I need a game to play

I considered streaming PT but I don't think the world is prepared to see me scream like a baby duck

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    KRZ is a joy and a treasure and I hope it goes on steam sale so that more people can enjoy it.

If it goes on sale deep enough, I'm getting it for everybody. Like when they sold 10 packs of Deus Ex.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    If KRZ goes cheap enough I'll buy it

I've always been planning to pay full price when it's a full game, because I just don't want to wait for installments anymore on games, but if the price is right I'll just wait to actually play it.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Oh neat the star command galaxies alpha is starting, should have my code soon

It sounds like they've really made a different game with this pc version

I hope I like it more than the iOS game

• Options

I've always been planning to pay full price when it's a full game, because I just don't want to wait for installments anymore on games, but if the price is right I'll just wait to actually play it.

It's a game where waiting between chapters really helps with the mood of the game. It's not something you should look at as a thing to rush through and complete.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    whoa, these guys are about to get all my money:
    Ports of Fighting Fantasy books to modern hardware -- but they've not tried to do anything fancy, they just made the book into an app. The Forest Of Doom is in the current humble bundle, and so far it seems to be pretty great. (though the non-colourised original art is much better than the recoloured stuff, sheesh). Only a few on PC, the rest of them are on phone/tablet so far (ooh, House Of Hell), but that's probably fine too.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    whoa, these guys are about to get all my money:
    Ports of Fighting Fantasy books to modern hardware -- but they've not tried to do anything fancy, they just made the book into an app. The Forest Of Doom is in the current humble bundle, and so far it seems to be pretty great. (though the non-colourised original art is much better than the recoloured stuff, sheesh). Only a few on PC, the rest of them are on phone/tablet so far (ooh, House Of Hell), but that's probably fine too.

Which reminds me - my parents have been opening up old storage boxes of our old toys so they have something for the grandkids to play with. The other day I came across these.

20141114_173332_zpssresfqex.jpg

(@Rankenphile)

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Oh, man, I still have 1-40 or so in a box at my parent's house somewhere, too. I think the "Sorcery" series were my favourites, though, they just took what was great about fighting fantasy and stepped it up a bit. I'm still sad that the kickstarter to make a documentary about them didn't get funded.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

It's a game where waiting between chapters really helps with the mood of the game. It's not something you should look at as a thing to rush through and complete.

Waiting doesn't do anything in games for me

Not playing a game, for me, doesn't act as some sort of negative space as in art where absence can enhance the overall product

I'm either playing and enjoying it for what it is then, or I am not.

It is just how my mind tends to work, with a very few exceptions

I will either appreciate the game fully, when it is a full game, spaced and played out however I end up doing so, or I will not

If a game is fundamentally designed to be played with large, unreliably long gaps between playthroughs, it is not for me.

I would rather take the chance that they've designed it with the idea that people will experience it as a full product than not, and so will wait for the full release.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    The game is a magical realist journey through the sleepy corners of rural America, the foggy edges where real and surreal meet. It's about how memory is unreliable and transient, and how we always wish we could go back and do something differently. It's the perfect game for you to boot up and not remember what you did previously in meticulous, exacting detail.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm fine with waiting between episodes of a game, but not for a goddamn year.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    That's still ok

I don't remember anything at all in meticulous, exacting detail

Everything upstairs tends to be hazy and indistinct, uncommunicable to both others and myself

Sounds like a game right up my alley

When it is done.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm fine with waiting between episodes of a game, but not for a goddamn year.

Last episode came out in May, so they've got a while to go before it's a full year.

The stand-alone interlude they released between episodes 2 and 3 helped add some gravitas to episode 3 for me. Haven't touched the latest interlude thing yet. I wonder if it can even match up to The Entertainment.

DarkPrimus on
This discussion has been closed.