As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Double Secret Boxes (update: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!)

• Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Are the double secret boxes still available somewhere? Or how are you getting some now?

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Are the double secret boxes still available somewhere? Or how are you getting some now?

They're not available again as yet.

The ones I just received were in an order I placed last year which contained a preorder item. That preorder item recently came into stock and they shipped the order out.

We're all keenly awaiting the time when the next batch is released.

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular
    SOON....

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    SOON....

Oooh!

/grabs popcorn

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    SOON....

Oooooo, this totally makes starting a new job this week worthwhile... Well, apart from the whole being able to pay rent and bills thing, that's OK too.

• Options
    2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    And @PAX_Skeletor don't forget the food you can eat to that could be alright

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    my wife will kill me when these go live I'm sure :(

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I... Might pass on these this time, I honestly have enough pins to last me for a bit.

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    SOON....

Bless you Merch Mistress!!!

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    If they do decide to hide new pins in the blind boxes, do you think they will give us warning/a chase list? or will they be discovered as people pop them? Scary thought!

Frostbyte on
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    This will be my first Double Secret order and I'm super excited! Now we just play the waiting game for the store update 8-)

• Options
    We will def tweet the info just like last year. You can follow Brian @retnus or me at @alkempkey. his will be specific as well as professional and mine will just be a retweet followed by a 'SQUEEEEE!' Take your pick!

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, SQUEEEEE you say?

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I like my announcements with a good SQUEEEEEEEE. Feels more personal, y'know?

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    Can we get a rough idea of what the stock might look like @merchmistress ? The last mini-release sold out in about 5 minutes IIRC (presumably because it was very small), but the original blind box drop lasted a healthy amount of time.

Just trying to figure out how many F5 dipping birds I need to set up to catch them 8-)

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    I don't have the numbers folks. :/ when I do get them, unfortunately I can't share that info. :( You should have plenty of notice and again, I would highly recommend following Brian @retnus for updates. Not a tweeter? We also have a newsletter you can subscribe to as well! Or one of the gems in this community can post the tweet when it pops up. :) but whatever you do.... DONT MISS OUT ON THE GREATEST PURCHASE OF YOUR LIFE! (Just had to throw some drama in there)

• Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    Great now I have 2 things I need to keep an eye on(good thing I have 2 eyes). What is going make me open my wallet first Double Secret Boxes or Pax Prime badges

• Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    *refreshes merch page* Derby Day / FCBD promotion? #kidding

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    without providing numbers, are you allowed to at least say if they will be in limited, moderate or ample supply?

• Options
    My lips are sealed... With a holographic sticker.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    without providing numbers, are you allowed to at least say if they will be in limited, moderate or ample supply?

Even if we could say, we wouldn't guess because its super hard to judge demand for these little gems.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    Frostbyte wrote: »

Even if we could say, we wouldn't guess because its super hard to judge demand for these little gems.

Will there be a LE Beker-autographed tiny blue ziploc bag in any of these blind boxes?

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    Will there be a LE Beker-autographed tiny blue ziploc bag in any of these blind boxes?

That seems like a silly thing to be in there.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That's not a no!

• Options

That seems like a silly thing to be in there.

Don't try and pretend that the Pinny Arcade forums aren't like Camelot from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. EMBRACE IT

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So I guess "SOON" isn't quite that soon after all :P

via the latest PA Gazelle:
    The Core Set 2.0 pins are already being made and will be released, along with a fresh batch of Double Secret Boxes sometime in June.

I guess that gives me some time to save up extra cash for pins. But dammit, why does June have to be so far away?!

Lazorz on
  • Options
    PrunciblePruncible Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »

via the latest PA Gazelle:
    The Core Set 2.0 pins are already being made and will be released, along with a fresh batch of Double Secret Boxes sometime in June.

I guess that gives me some time to save up extra cash for pins. But dammit, why does June have to be so far away?!

Always presume that "SOON" is somewhere between Blizzard-SOON and Valve-SOON.

• Options
    edited May 2015

Ha, see @merchmistress, I told you they would not consider that soon(tm).

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Huzzah for June boxes! Just in time for some sweet Prime trade gathering. I feel like a game of hungry hungry hippos; I'm just consuming all things pin so I can have enough tradeables!

Thanks for continuing the blind boxes. I saw the x-mas announcement and decided to wait until I got home to purchase. That... was a mistake.

• Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular

Ha, see @merchmistress, I told you they would not consider that soon(tm).

Our pin appetite is STRONG!

• Options
    Would it be possible to know how much each of them will cost? Trying to figure out how to budget my spending money for PA merch between the retiring pins and other merch and now this.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think it's safe to assume the blind boxes will be $14/each again.

The retired sets will be 12% off of $30, so just under $27 each.

And the new core set it's safe to assume those will be $30 each.

• Options
    giantrygiantry Registered User regular
    how much was shipping for the double blind?

• Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    giantry wrote: »
    how much was shipping for the double blind?

Dunno about other quantities, but 10 Double Secret Boxes shipped within the US was $10.29 shipping.

• Options
    I'm thinking of going for 10x Double Secret Boxes again this time. Not because I think my luck will be any better than last time (boo, combinatorics!), but because it will give me something for the trade tables - variety. A lot of what ends up on the Pin Trading Event tables is that specific event's core set. Sure, I will probably end up with a handful of Lookouts 02 and Castle Guy, but there are going to be new collectors that don't have those pins. I would rather have a random assortment for trading at that event than 4-5 core sets to plop down. Now the question is which will sell out faster, blind boxes or PAX badges?

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    i'm just hoping to get some this time.I heard about the last ones way too late ;)

• Options
    Now the question is which will sell out faster, blind boxes or PAX badges?
    Funny joke

• Options
    @Lazorz want to have a blind box opening disappointment party?

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    @Lazorz want to have a blind box opening disappointment party?

Do the blind boxes not have interesting things in them? Or what exactly goes into them?

• Options
    @BrushwoodMutt here is a link to the tracking I did of the first run of blind boxes - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-b8RNYau72zc1c3TDQ2d09GUFk/view

Pins for trade!