As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros. - Final Smash Direct Dec. 15th @ 2pm PST

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Oh man, how did I forget about Bayonetta? I think I'm going to put my vote in for her, even though I know it's pointless

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    So do the people who are getting codes on the 15th get to play with Mewtwo early?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I also went with the Inklings. They seem to be a perfect fit for Smash Bros.

Of course, Sakurai won't pick them from the user poll...
    ...because he's already planning to put them in the game, regardless of the poll.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I threw in a vote for Rundas from Metroid Prime 3, of all characters, because why the fuck not?!

Also, on Mewtwo, I guess I'm a little surprised at how unchanged it appears to be. All those moves are identical the Melee. The properties will be different, obviously, but I thought maybe they'd change a special or two.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Gandrayda skin for Kirby.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Also, on Mewtwo, I guess I'm a little surprised at how unchanged it appears to be. All those moves are identical the Melee. The properties will be different, obviously, but I thought maybe they'd change a special or two.

Yeah, I figured his down and forward B moves would change, but I guess not? Maybe they'll actually be useful this time.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    So do the people who are getting codes on the 15th get to play with Mewtwo early?

The information on the smash bros website implies this.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Only one?

Isaac
    Waluigi
    Ice Climbers
    Belmont
    Snake? Snaaake!

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Voted for Wolf, since he could actually happen and he was my favourite character in Brawl.

His theme song's already in the game too!

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Wait, somebody said Psystrike? Looks nothing like it.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I voted for Isaac from Golden Sun. I've been wanting him for ages. He even had that cool assist trophy appearance in Brawl!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    well he doesn't come out until mid-april?

Ah cool, not seen the Direct, I was just going off the terms on the CN site. Still super unclear on what I'm supposed to do '24 hours later' then?

Click the promotion banner to proceed

There is no banner, except on this page, where it ain't clickable. Just says 'free download codes for Mewtwo available' with nothing further. So... am I done? Is it good to go? It doesn't feel done, y'know? :P

He doesn't come out till mid-april

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    I'd like to see Viewtiful Joe added to the game with a Wonder Red alt skin, or vice versa.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    PLA wrote: »
    Wait, somebody said Psystrike? Looks nothing like it.

Edit:

On second look, it's different than I initially thought. I'm gonna say it's either a different look for Psystrike, or maybe it's Future Sight.

Enlong on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Ended up voting for Bayonetta.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I voted for the Inklings, even though I think they are probably already on the list of those to be added.

I just love the idea that we have dlc coming, since SSB is just the perfect game to plan a couple years worth of dlc. Also if user polls have a lot of influence on their decisions, then Krystal will be a shoe in.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Inkling
    Impa
    Isaac
    Isa
    K. Rool
    Krystal
    Wonder-Red

...who do I use my one vote on? This is harder than I imagined.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Using my work computer today, I voted for Mike Jones. <3

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    Simon deserves to get in more than just about any other 3rd party, but I doubt they'll bother with 3rd party characters for DLC, and my love of Castlevania is mostly for SOTN onwards.

There's still a possibility of new third party stuff -- Sony Too Many Words Smash Bros. introduced Isaac from Dead Space as DLC, and the game didn't previously have an EA rep.

That said Sony was obsessed with getting as many third-party characters in the game in an attempt to be cool and hep and all that.

But yeah, voted for Simon Belmont. Castlevania's still the biggest name from the furthest back that's not already in the game.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Real Simon Belmont or Castlevania Judgement Simon Belmont?

Edit: I realized this posted needed a :winky:

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Real Simon Belmont or Castlevania Judgement Simon Belmont?

Simon.jpg

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH. That game is an abomination. Next you'll be saying you want the character who spent the entire game whining that the other female characters had bigger boobs than she did.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I voted for Hector from Fire Emblem. Yeah it is not an underrepresented series, and yes MORE blue hair... but... axe user! And he is awesome!

I'd be OK with a new metroid rep winning though.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Only one?

Isaac
    Waluigi
    Ice Climbers
    Belmont
    Snake? Snaaake!

Sami, though.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I wonder if they'll consider some who are already assist trophies or if they are out of the running.

If they are fair game, I'd love Dark Samus to be playable. She has so many powers that her potential move roster would be amazing. Imagine the awesome Phazon attacks. IMAGINE THEM!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll consider some who are already assist trophies or if they are out of the running.

If they are fair game, I'd love Dark Samus to be playable. She has so many powers that her potential move roster would be amazing. Imagine the awesome Phazon attacks. IMAGINE THEM!

Since Ridley's almost certainly out, she's definitely the next biggest Metroid character. And that game needs more characters.

Someone I've always thought would be funny in Smash: Ryu. A classic fighting game guy in a game full of non-fighters that now fight. You could easily map his special move to the Bs.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Isn't the October deadline for this kind of a long way off? What exactly will the Smash team be doing with all this time exactly?

• Options
    Finishing Mewtwo, finishing Lucas, beginning work on the first vote character, watching the polls as the months roll on in order to see if and who the next one should be...

Or maybe the intent is to give Sakurai a we-deserved break in the months the poll is running.

• Options
    Each character takes a while to make and balance.

Mewtwo is pretty much, if not already done. Lucas is currently being worked on. I'm sure that in a short time they'll have decided who the first of the voted ones to get made are and that'll be a few months of work. So on and so forth.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    I voted for Hector from Fire Emblem. Yeah it is not an underrepresented series, and yes MORE blue hair... but... axe user! And he is awesome!

I'd be OK with a new metroid rep winning though.

For me it actually came down to Hector and Bayonetta. Ended up leaning towards Bayonetta because Fire Emblem is already represented in the roster. Bay might not have an axe but she certainly does have a hammer.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Also I'm guessing the Smash team is almost certainly a LOT smaller now. I'd be shocked if we get more than 2-3 characters on top of Mewtwo and Lucas. A new stage is probably a pipe dream -- I remember reading somewhere that the development of the new Starfox stage took an enormous amount of time and effort, though that one had all kinds of crazy elements.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    I just found it interesting because you could probably get all the results you needed (or even wanted) in a few weeks. I can't imagine how much crap they'll have by October. :P

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Sami (moves based on infantry and Snake),
    Shanoa (I've only played Ecclesia, and her glyphs seems morr interesting as a moveset),
    Lyndis (because archer lord / myrmidon)

Ugh. Cannot decide.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dyou think DLC characters will have their own Palutena Guidances? Or will they just use that "Unknown fighter from another dimension" placeholder?

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'd expect that, yeah. Because Sakurais be crazy detail-oriented.
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Also I'm guessing the Smash team is almost certainly a LOT smaller now. I'd be shocked if we get more than 2-3 characters on top of Mewtwo and Lucas. A new stage is probably a pipe dream -- I remember reading somewhere that the development of the new Starfox stage took an enormous amount of time and effort, though that one had all kinds of crazy elements.

Well if you go just by the character select on the 3DS, theres room for four more. Mewtwo, Lucas and two others. But who knows.

Tairu on
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Hard to choose, but in the end I decided to pick the guy I always brought up first among my friends:
    Amazon.png
    No ref to stop you now!

Second choice would have been this guy:
    latest?cb=20100407084559&path-prefix=en
    Nintendo should bring his game to 3DS and Wii U's Virtual Console outside Japan.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I voted for Simon, because I've desperately wanted a Castlevania character in Smash since the announcement of the GameCube version. Please god let this happen.

Other characters I wouldn't mind seeing are Shovel Knight, Captain Toad, Squiddy guys from Splatoon, and King K Rool.

• Options
    If you want someone who fights like Shovel Knight, but has a much higher chance of getting in, go with Cranky Kong.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I voted for MegaMan Zero. I would just love to chop fools up with energy blades and a cocky attitude! 8-)
    Gotta be this version of Zero:
    latest?cb=20100601214345

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    In an ideal world, I'd love for Shanoa to be the Castlevania rep, but I don't think she has the pull of Simon for the majority of votes. An alternate costume of different protags would be incredible but I don't think they can devote the work to it either.

Imagining the Belmont moves to be whip basic attacks, griffon wing up-b, holy water or slide down B, cross side b, dagger (or holy water) b.

• Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    Hard to choose, but in the end I decided to pick the guy I always brought up first among my friends:
    Amazon.png
    No ref to stop you now!

Second choice would have been this guy:
    latest?cb=20100407084559&path-prefix=en
    Nintendo should bring his game to 3DS and Wii U's Virtual Console outside Japan.

The Amazon was my favorite character in Pro Wrestling, mostly because the Piranha Bite was such an amusing move growing up. I completely missed that this was once per person, though, so I've already wasted my vote.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
This discussion has been closed.