As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bob Saget [chat]

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    i'd take the accounting, then. it seems hard to stand out with a business degree, so a professional qual (or a starter on a professional qual) adds a lot. finance degrees are too variable in their quality

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    so i fucking loved interstellar and wept like a child as promised

some pretty serious plot holes but most are not actually terribly relevant to the film's impact

i think the film should have ended earlier but still.

more like intersmellar

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

some pretty serious plot holes but most are not actually terribly relevant to the film's impact

more like intersmellar

Throw him inna black hole!

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    don't even need these fucking plants

but... but they're there

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Chanus wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so much of the displeasure about police car searches seems to be predicated in weed being illegal. like, that is what pretty much everyone's mind jumps to - a cop pulls you over for speeding and comes up with weed and now you're in real trouble.

but you could imagine plenty of cases in which casual searches were really important - seeing a back seat doused in fresh blood, or a bomb or illegal weapons or whatever.

i wonder to what degree legalization of weed will change the public stance wrt these sorts of searches.

I think the problem really comes with how easily it is to bootstrap yourself into jail time.

I don't want to EVER consent to a cop searching my car, because fuck the police. But I know that if I ever refuse, they're going to trump up some bullshit , arrest me, impound the car, search it anyway under some tenuous "probably cause" that I'd have to hire an expensive lawyer to argue against, when they find nothing they're definitely going to take me to jail overnight because I was a dick about making them go through all that for nothing.

It will never happen that you just tell the cop "naah dogg you're not searching my shit" and they just go "well OK, here's your speeding ticket, have a nice day". Once you refuse the search, you are absolutely going to spend the night in county.

Umm...

What has happened every time I said cops couldn't search my car was they brought a dog along, it alerted on my car, the cops searched it for half an hour, they found nothing, and I eventually was let go.

4 times in 2 years.

Maybe Florida cops are just a special brand of shitheel that will cause there dogs to alert to manufacturer probable cause, but not actually plant drugs on a 20 something white boy.

#everythingaboutfloridaisawful

Except for moi of course

Are you really about Florida though

Are you?

You know I'm all about that Florida
    bout that Florida

no georgia

@TehSloth‌ @Delmain‌

yeah, it's still the place people retire to
    but we still shake it shake it, it ain't all old jews
    we got that spring break
    that all the bros chase
    and all the right coke in all the right places

I see that Disney park, a million photo ops
    you know that shit ain't real
    you just don't give a fuck
    If you got money, money, just spend it up
    cause every inch of you is tourist from the bottom to the top

yeah, my gov'nor he told me don't worry about the rise
    of unemployment as the wage gap soars into the skies
    you know I won't be no New Yorker snow bird that comes in fall
    so if that's what your into then Phoenix is there for y'all

because I'm all about that Florida
    bout that Florida

No Georgia

bout that Florida

No Georgia
    hey!

I'm bringin Bushes baaaaack!
    Go ahead and tell them Billy Clintons thaaaat!
    No I'm just playin. I know you think we're baaad
    but I'm here to tell ya
    Every inch of us is perfect from the handle to the glades

bout that Florida

No Georgia

bout that Florida

No Georgia
    hey!

spool32 on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

more like intersmellar

Cass, we both know you are better then this.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    omg spool you are a delight

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so much of the displeasure about police car searches seems to be predicated in weed being illegal. like, that is what pretty much everyone's mind jumps to - a cop pulls you over for speeding and comes up with weed and now you're in real trouble.

but you could imagine plenty of cases in which casual searches were really important - seeing a back seat doused in fresh blood, or a bomb or illegal weapons or whatever.

i wonder to what degree legalization of weed will change the public stance wrt these sorts of searches.

I think the problem really comes with how easily it is to bootstrap yourself into jail time.

I don't want to EVER consent to a cop searching my car, because fuck the police. But I know that if I ever refuse, they're going to trump up some bullshit , arrest me, impound the car, search it anyway under some tenuous "probably cause" that I'd have to hire an expensive lawyer to argue against, when they find nothing they're definitely going to take me to jail overnight because I was a dick about making them go through all that for nothing.

It will never happen that you just tell the cop "naah dogg you're not searching my shit" and they just go "well OK, here's your speeding ticket, have a nice day". Once you refuse the search, you are absolutely going to spend the night in county.

Umm...

What has happened every time I said cops couldn't search my car was they brought a dog along, it alerted on my car, the cops searched it for half an hour, they found nothing, and I eventually was let go.

4 times in 2 years.

Maybe Florida cops are just a special brand of shitheel that will cause there dogs to alert to manufacturer probable cause, but not actually plant drugs on a 20 something white boy.

#everythingaboutfloridaisawful

Except for moi of course

Are you really about Florida though

Are you?

You know I'm all about that Florida
    bout that Florida

no georgia

@TehSloth‌ @Delmain‌

yeah, it's still the place people retire to
    but we still shake it shake it, it ain't all old jews
    we got that spring break
    that all the bros chase
    and all the right coke in all the right places

I see that Disney park, a million photo ops
    you know that shit ain't real
    you just don't give a fuck
    If you got money, money, just spend it up
    cause every inch of you is tourist from the bottom to the top

bout that Florida

No Georgia

bout that Florida

No Georgia
    hey!

I'm bringin Bushes baaaaack!
    Go ahead and tell them Billy Clintons thaaaat!
    No I'm just playin. I know you think we're baaad
    but I'm here to tell ya
    Every inch of us is perfect from the handle to the glades

bout that Florida

No Georgia

bout that Florida

No Georgia
    hey!

oh shiiiii

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    you can play wow and being a functioning member of society

you people i swear to god

I am imagining this in the context of an alcoholic at their intervention and laughing way too hard

but yeah it's no worse than anything else that allows one to sink stupid amounts of time into it. I just personally found WoW kinda bland after playing as much Warhammer Online as I did.

But hell I'd still be playing FFXIV 15-20 hours a week if I had people to consistently play with

Kinda glad I don't though. Especially with the new PC. Lots of other things to play and experience in my Steam backlog.

Although "lots of other things to play and experience" translates to "wander around picking plants in DA:I" at the moment.

Pretty much this (even tho I joke about WoW). I just decided that over 400 days of /played made no sense (this is five+ years ago as well) when I could be spending that time doing other things.

It was a cost/benefit analysis. Plus WoW had gotten pretty boring (to me) when I left.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    interstellar was fantastic

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

more like intersmellar

Wrong form. Careless. Interbadspeller.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    FYPM

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »

I am imagining this in the context of an alcoholic at their intervention and laughing way too hard

but yeah it's no worse than anything else that allows one to sink stupid amounts of time into it. I just personally found WoW kinda bland after playing as much Warhammer Online as I did.

But hell I'd still be playing FFXIV 15-20 hours a week if I had people to consistently play with

Kinda glad I don't though. Especially with the new PC. Lots of other things to play and experience in my Steam backlog.

Although "lots of other things to play and experience" translates to "wander around picking plants in DA:I" at the moment.

Pretty much this (even tho I joke about WoW). I just decided that over 400 days of /played made no sense (this is five+ years ago as well) when I could be spending that time doing other things.

It was a cost/benefit analysis. Plus WoW had gotten pretty boring (to me) when I left.

I used to know what my combined EQ/WAR /played was.

Thankfully I've forgotten it because talk about depressing.

• Options
    edited December 2014

All the loot and weapons you collected, all the armor sets you completed are probably worthless now. Outclassed in every way by the common gray gear the expansions bring.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    always bet on DBZ

never bet on DBZ

always never bet on DBZ

How do you even prononce that?

dubz?

deebz?

Dabz?

You pronounce it in the hyperbolic time chamber.

• Options
    who wants to multi DAI?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    should probably not ask me how to pronounce things

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    This motherfucker is crazy

http://youtu.be/Q4vryZTr6MA

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

All the loot and weapons you collected, all the armor sets you completed are probably worthless now. Outclassed in every way by the common gray gear the expansions bring.

You never catch the dragon you know...

• Options
    Stupid ipad, I mesnt to post this video. Tho Greg is also a crazy motherfucker

http://youtu.be/QAjZaSlWG50

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    who wants to multi DAI?

No one. It is lame. Played out. Everyone has moved on so it is fine that I didn't buy it.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I'm assembling some minis I got off e-bay

I seem to be missing an arm, but I've got an extra sword and crossbow -- doesn't really seem like enough to whine at the seller since it's one tiny bit out of the dozens I got -- apparently I can order a replacement arm from the company for 50 cents

plus $6 shipping

guess my dude is gonna be an amputee till I need some other shit from them

uhmm

literal sword arm

problem solved

What kind of monster have these careless hands wrought

6GoYiOPl.jpg

Chanus
    Epoxy putty him a new arm
    Or a stump or something

• Options
    who wants to multi DAI?

No one. It is lame. Played out. Everyone has moved on so it is fine that I didn't buy it.

welp

uninstalling

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

What the fuck is happening.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    omg spool you are a delight

:):)

I couldn't not do it!

• Options

"We came here to burgle your turts."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITx0zcKw6FA

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

So?

• Options
    who wants to multi DAI?

I'll do a few games, there's some other peoples in campaign right now that might be up for it too

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    What is this delightful cartoon people are posting?! I really like the art and animation style, it seems so quaint somehow, compared to a lot of what you see mostly these days.

• Options
    who wants to multi DAI?

welp

uninstalling

noooooooo

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    who wants to multi DAI?

wat r u talking about, i play multi all the time

i haven't even gotten past wicked eyes and wicked hearts because of it

i might be free for a game in a bit btw @Elldren, just got back from dinner not long ago and still settling in

• Options
    What is this delightful cartoon people are posting?! I really like the art and animation style, it seems so quaint somehow, compared to a lot of what you see mostly these days.

Over the garden wall! It is so good. And it's short, a miniseries of 10 eps, 10 min each. So fkin gud

• Options

So?

So ... you are chasing the horizon. Functioning members of society don't chase the horizon.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

more like intersmellar

i just want you all to know cass compelled me to awesome this

"do it or it's over," she growled menacingly as she pressed the barrel of the shotgun to the back of my skull

• Options
    @Rear Admiral Choco@HappylilElf‌ y'all need to be more responsive

I've had this game for weeks and nobody has been like "lets multi" at me

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    should probably not ask me how to pronounce things

wanna post something here

but what?

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Listening to podcasts and baking holiday cookies
    It feels weirdly anachronistic
    Like connecting with my grandmother's generation
    Except my grandmother was the kind of 50s housewife who never made any dessert more challenging than gelatin
    Hrm

• Options

"We came here to burgle your turts."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITx0zcKw6FA

Then full version of Langtree's Lament is rly worth listening to

http://youtu.be/UwUoMN3pK_s

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Knights of Badassdom

is a movie you should just see in clips

that's all i can say. it had the right idea

but gosh the execution.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stupid work still has not approved my $1100 expense report.

Grrrr.

This discussion has been closed.