Options

Bob Saget [chat]

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Amazon is a terrible place to work for, no doubt, but you guys are worrying about this way to much. It was about whether things like security checks are part of the job (and this payable) or incidental to doing your job (not payable). It's an anti worker ruling, but it would not extend to something that is clearly work.

Any minute that I am not reclining and watching sports is time I consider work, skfm.

... I now aspire to achieving a place in life where I am being paid for every moment I am not sitting.

Work at target during Xmas.

You will be so tired when you get home you won't want to stand, and the pay is so low you'll have to sell your body during you laying down time.

Sounds perfect for you.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Amazon is a terrible place to work for, no doubt, but you guys are worrying about this way to much. It was about whether things like security checks are part of the job (and this payable) or incidental to doing your job (not payable). It's an anti worker ruling, but it would not extend to something that is clearly work.

Any minute that I am not reclining and watching sports is time I consider work, skfm.

... I now aspire to achieving a place in life where I am being paid for every moment I am not sitting.

I will you pay you one Penny per decade spent standing. Now you are paid for all your non-sitting time.

Man that was easy.

I work in kitchens, remember. You are gonna owe me a surprising number of pennies if I keep this up.

Possibly even more than 1.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Vegeta plays Goat Simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EID4kh9QfT4#t=286

I AM THE GOAT OF ALL SAIYANS

@Shivahn

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    the billable hour sucks

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the 'work' question could be resolved readily if a non-dysfunctional legislature would clarify whether overtime legislation applies to the grey area

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote: »

I will you pay you one Penny per decade spent standing. Now you are paid for all your non-sitting time.

pretty sure that violates federal minimum wage laws

Good thing he is in glorious Canada and I do not recognize their sovereignty or laws.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm willing to do the occasional extra thing for work, like organise a work social or do a mini project on my own time, but if it's a regular thing or extremely time consuming? Better pay me.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

I got paid for being on-call.

At a reduced rate ofcourse, unless I was actually called in.

Hmm.

Not sure I am about that on-call life.

I don't very much like to hurry.

• Options

pretty sure that violates federal minimum wage laws

Good thing he is in glorious Canada and I do not recognize their sovereignty or laws.

And neither do I, which is even better news for you!

I make my own rules.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ronya wrote: »
    the 'work' question could be resolved readily if a non-dysfunctional legislature would clarify whether overtime legislation applies to the grey area

If it does then you will just see people working cut hours. Maybe they world be happy with that though. 35 hours worked plus 5 of security (all paid) is better than 40 hours worked and no security check.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    the affectation this goat simulator reviewer applies to his voice annoys me

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Hmm.

It wasn't too bad actually, since it was a rotating shift, max 2 days a week, and scheduled in advance.

So those days were home days, i.e. no going out to movies or anything.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Is having black police in black neighborhoods a step that helps community relations?

I want to venture a guess and say "Sorta"

on one hand you have someone who looks like you pulling you over and all that. Less chance of racial discrimination and all that

but on the other hand it's still the police. And, you know, fuck them.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

If it does then you will just see people working cut hours. Maybe they world be happy with that though. 35 hours worked plus 5 of security (all paid) is better than 40 hours worked and no security check.

being paid for 40 hours and only having to be at work for 40 hours would be ideal, yeah

• Options

I prefer all reviewers to have no larynxes. If I wanted to hear you speak, then you probably aren't a games reviewer.

• Options

I mean

It's Vegeta

• Options
    Mim wrote: »
    Is having black police in black neighborhoods a step that helps community relations?

on one hand you have someone who looks like you pulling you over and all that. Less chance of racial discrimination and all that

What of they are responsive to your community concerns?

• Options

being paid for 40 hours and only having to be at work for 40 hours would be ideal, yeah

Worst paradise ever! I would work 0 hours and be paid for 40. You need a better ideal to aspire to Chanus.

• Options
    I'm willing to do the occasional extra thing for work, like organise a work social or do a mini project on my own time, but if it's a regular thing or extremely time consuming? Better pay me.

Or pay people livable salaries.

Though then that comes with a host of other requirements most other first world countries consider essentials.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

I mean

It's Vegeta

unless that's like a synonym for annoying i don't really have any frame of reference for what this means

i'm not well versed in video game reviewing youtube people

• Options

Hmm.

It wasn't too bad actually, since it was a rotating shift, max 2 days a week, and scheduled in advance.

Oh, yeah, that sounds okay. I mean, not right now, having to actually stay in my home would be a nightmare. I don't have stuff. But in the future.

Now to find an industry that I would enjoy that might also require on-call staff from time to time.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck‌

this movie has jason stackhouse as a guy who played black metal, then sludge metal, then doom metal. also there is a demonic book.

i'm in for the long haul.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Worst paradise ever! I would work 0 hours and be paid for 40. You need a better ideal to aspire to Chanus.

oh well yeah

why not paid for 60 then?

• Options

Though then that comes with a host of other requirements most other first world countries consider essentials.

Salary is a double edged sword. The consistency is great, but the loss of overtime and more fixed hours? Not so much.

• Options

I mean

It's Vegeta

unless that's like a synonym for annoying i don't really have any frame of reference for what this means

He's the voice actor for a guy in DBZ Abridged.

The VA is playing the game as that character.

So a lot of the humor is tied to knowledge of that particular YouTube show.

• Options

I mean

It's Vegeta

i see

• Options

no.

black police would either end up being ostracized from the white police or they would end up being looked upon as uncle toms by the black community.

not a solution in anyway what-so-ever

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Hmm.

Oh, yeah, that sounds okay. I mean, not right now, having to actually stay in my home would be a nightmare. I don't have stuff. But in the future.

Now to find an industry that I would enjoy that might also require on-call staff from time to time.

Bellhop? Soda jerk? Girl that sells cigarettes in the 30's? Those are all of the jobs that I know of.

• Options

Salary is a double edged sword. The consistency is great, but the loss of overtime and more fixed hours? Not so much.

The consistency and guarantee is amazing.

That sometimes I work 10 hours instead of 8 or 6 is more than worth the trade off.

Incidentally it also means I can work 6 hours and still get the same paycheck.

• Options
    edited December 2014

Wait, you guys don't get overtime on a salary?

edit: Also, and again this is personal experience only, but my salaried positions were/are a lot more flexible in terms of hours that my hourly positions (which were lower paid/skilled service positions) which were tightly scheduled and monitered.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

Ughhhhh....

IT mumpet should not be an exemptible position!

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options

I mean

It's Vegeta

i see

And just sayin'

DBZ Abridged is some of the best comedy out there

• Options

oh well yeah

why not paid for 60 then?

That's crazy talk, Chanus. You'll be fired if you ask for that kind of deal.

• Options

That sometimes I work 10 hours instead of 8 or 6 is more than worth the trade off.

your experience with salary sounds

i unno

atypical :P

• Options
    i weep for all the rubes who take salaried positions in the restaurant business

we'll pay you $5,000 more per year and now you work 70 hours a week instead of 35

• Options

hahaha

oh you didn't know man?

welcome to america

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Well I'm military, so no. Though we often get comp days for any irregular work hours. Alternatively when there isn't much to do we just leave cause sitting in a chair cause work hours is dumb.

• Options

your experience with salary sounds

i unno

atypical :P

Socialism is so fucking great.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

no.

black police would either end up being ostracized from the white police or they would end up being looked upon as uncle toms by the black community.

not a solution in anyway what-so-ever

I was assuming there would be not white police force around to ostracize the black police force.

and they wouldn't be straight up uncle toms. it's not that simple.

and that allegory/metaphor/whatever I was a bad English major doesn't work and I still don't know why people always use uncle tom as an insult. All the dude did was be fuckin' passive, it's not like he sold someone out. the author was made people misunderstood what she was trying to do (if I remember that class correctly)

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    3mwe5wuj6u4t.jpg
    I laughed until I stopped.

This discussion has been closed.