Options

Bob Saget [chat]

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    It wasn't a good movie, but there were some LOLs. Worth a watch

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    did anyone see knights of badassdom

http://instantwatcher.com/titles/199474

someone go watch it and report back
    we did, deebaser and tapeslinger and hakkekage and nexuscrawler and i dont remember who else probably others

beast this is not a very good report
    it was like a year ago, does that help?

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

we did, deebaser and tapeslinger and hakkekage and nexuscrawler and i dont remember who else probably others

it was like a year ago, does that help?

yes this new report you've submitted is much more complete

also here are some orders

you're being reassigned from the scouting regiment

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    that feel when you remove a cast iron skillet from the oven and the oven mitt was slightly wet but you thought oh that won't be a problem

and about half way from the oven to the stove top the burning starts

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    according to this email from humble, humble bundles have donated $50 million to charities since 2010

that's p rad

I did my part

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    that feel when you remove a cast iron skillet from the oven and the oven mitt was slightly wet but you thought oh that won't be a problem

ohshitohshitohshitowowowow

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

I pulled the rack out of a hot oven with a thin little dish towel the other day

and at first things went fine

but after I had a nice grasp and started pulling, my hand alerted me that this was not in fact enough protection

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    if anybody was wondering, Google Music has a Jingle Butt Rock station....that is the name of it....i am so happy right now

@deebaser may care

what um

what songs are here

All Christmas songs sung by Ginuwine to the tune of "Pony".

i'd get too damn rowdy if i tuned into that

you'd basically be Katt Williams humping the stool at his standup specials

• Options
    wolf of wall street is also on instant watch now and that is a p good movie

jonah hill is great in it, as is leo

• Options
    and i'm like

welp this is dinner (made coq au vin @Irond Will‌ ty)

spent too much time and money on this to just drop it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the only thing worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv7KnBBjHw4

forgive the source its the only one

• Options
    if anybody was wondering, Google Music has a Jingle Butt Rock station....that is the name of it....i am so happy right now

@deebaser may care

what um

what songs are here

All Christmas songs sung by Ginuwine to the tune of "Pony".

i'd get too damn rowdy if i tuned into that

you'd basically be Katt Williams humping the stool at his standup specials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScg57NV2W4

more this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the worst thing is i just have that throbbing sharp pain now on the side of my hand.

and i know it's going to look really gross tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so i've reached the stage in this cold or plague or whatever where my nose is all hurty and just drips constantly

pretty much the type of ill i hate the most

if i put two butter knives over the stove until they're red hot and then just shove them up my nose that will cure it right

• Options
    the only thing worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv7KnBBjHw4

forgive the source its the only one

"move the oven mitts!"

but he also had a perfectly good apron on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    y60ueedlt24k.png

I thought it was psytrance with lead guitar.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    @thatassemblyguy‌

Richer than God, TAG.

Richer than God.

• Options
    I don't think my nephew has eaten in over 24 hours

I guess I should cook him something so he doesn't die

• Options

is uh

is he your charge

cuz uh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    whaaa the supreme court unanimously agreed that being detained after work by your employer doesn't require them to pay you as long as it's for something that's not in your job description (in regards to amazon locking everyone in after the warehouse closes to search them every day)

so if say, wal mart hires me, they can say my job description is a cashier now, and then just keep me 6 hours after my two hour shift to stock shelves?

no i don't imagine walmart could actually do that because of this ruling

when I worked at target I was kept up to an hour every day to face other departments and I wasn't paid for it

so they already do that

I think now it's just legal

and yes I was physically locked in the store and unable to leave (to prevent theft)

It's not about your job description, but about whether what you are doing is actually work.

So, yeah that target shit still illegal.

The decision was unanimous because that that really is the law as it exists, and the Constitution doesn't have much to say on worker rights. So they really didn't have anything to overturn it on.

This is something that needs to be fixed with passing new fed or state laws.

For example, this shit wouldn't fly in WA, since our laws are set up such that if you are required to be on work premises for any reason you are on the clock.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

is uh

is he your charge

cuz uh

hes my roommate

more accurately I think I should cook the both of us dinner so he doesn't buy a pizza or some thing that he aint got money for

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

Yup, you're gonna wanna feed those things at least once a day.

Water too. Important.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

It was like a really really long improv set with a script
    It would have benefited from MORE editing

iirc it was locked in distribution hell not editor hell
    When Peter Dinklage became A Big Fucking Deal overnight, the distributors wanted more money, to which they were essentially told to get fucked

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so much of the displeasure about police car searches seems to be predicated in weed being illegal. like, that is what pretty much everyone's mind jumps to - a cop pulls you over for speeding and comes up with weed and now you're in real trouble.

but you could imagine plenty of cases in which casual searches were really important - seeing a back seat doused in fresh blood, or a bomb or illegal weapons or whatever.

i wonder to what degree legalization of weed will change the public stance wrt these sorts of searches.

I think the problem really comes with how easily it is to bootstrap yourself into jail time.

I don't want to EVER consent to a cop searching my car, because fuck the police. But I know that if I ever refuse, they're going to trump up some bullshit , arrest me, impound the car, search it anyway under some tenuous "probably cause" that I'd have to hire an expensive lawyer to argue against, when they find nothing they're definitely going to take me to jail overnight because I was a dick about making them go through all that for nothing.

It will never happen that you just tell the cop "naah dogg you're not searching my shit" and they just go "well OK, here's your speeding ticket, have a nice day". Once you refuse the search, you are absolutely going to spend the night in county.

Umm...

What has happened every time I said cops couldn't search my car was they brought a dog along, it alerted on my car, the cops searched it for half an hour, they found nothing, and I eventually was let go.

4 times in 2 years.

Maybe Florida cops are just a special brand of shitheel that will cause there dogs to alert to manufacturer probable cause, but not actually plant drugs on a 20 something white boy.

#everythingaboutfloridaisawful

Except for moi of course

Are you really about Florida though

Are you?

• Options
    oh wait me from the past already figured this out and there is some vacuum sealed sous vide cooked chicken in the fridge I just need to crack open and sear in the skillet

thanks me from the past

• Options
    You got yerself a human to take care of, you need 3 things

Food, water, and a place to sleep

It ain't sleeping, it might as well be attending to one of the other two

They'll basically live forever as long as you have those Big 3 nailed down

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Aioua wrote: »
    whaaa the supreme court unanimously agreed that being detained after work by your employer doesn't require them to pay you as long as it's for something that's not in your job description (in regards to amazon locking everyone in after the warehouse closes to search them every day)

so if say, wal mart hires me, they can say my job description is a cashier now, and then just keep me 6 hours after my two hour shift to stock shelves?

no i don't imagine walmart could actually do that because of this ruling

when I worked at target I was kept up to an hour every day to face other departments and I wasn't paid for it

so they already do that

I think now it's just legal

and yes I was physically locked in the store and unable to leave (to prevent theft)

It's not about your job description, but about whether what you are doing is actually work.

So, yeah that target shit still illegal.

The decision was unanimous because that that really is the law as it exists, and the Constitution doesn't have much to say on worker rights. So they really didn't have anything to overturn it on.

This is something that needs to be fixed with passing new fed or state laws.

For example, this shit wouldn't fly in WA, since our laws are set up such that if you are required to be on work premises for any reason you are on the clock.

well you can bet your ass every company is going to push the bounds of this thing as far as they can

because even if they end up losing, the cost will be less than their profits from doing so

override367 on
  • Options
    @spool32‌

it's amazing that Muppet's Christmas Carol still looks good. 22 years later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    so much of the displeasure about police car searches seems to be predicated in weed being illegal. like, that is what pretty much everyone's mind jumps to - a cop pulls you over for speeding and comes up with weed and now you're in real trouble.

but you could imagine plenty of cases in which casual searches were really important - seeing a back seat doused in fresh blood, or a bomb or illegal weapons or whatever.

i wonder to what degree legalization of weed will change the public stance wrt these sorts of searches.

I think the problem really comes with how easily it is to bootstrap yourself into jail time.

I don't want to EVER consent to a cop searching my car, because fuck the police. But I know that if I ever refuse, they're going to trump up some bullshit , arrest me, impound the car, search it anyway under some tenuous "probably cause" that I'd have to hire an expensive lawyer to argue against, when they find nothing they're definitely going to take me to jail overnight because I was a dick about making them go through all that for nothing.

It will never happen that you just tell the cop "naah dogg you're not searching my shit" and they just go "well OK, here's your speeding ticket, have a nice day". Once you refuse the search, you are absolutely going to spend the night in county.

Umm...

What has happened every time I said cops couldn't search my car was they brought a dog along, it alerted on my car, the cops searched it for half an hour, they found nothing, and I eventually was let go.

4 times in 2 years.

Maybe Florida cops are just a special brand of shitheel that will cause there dogs to alert to manufacturer probable cause, but not actually plant drugs on a 20 something white boy.

Except for moi of course

Are you?

You know I'm all about that Florida
    bout that Florida

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

Umm...

4 times in 2 years.

Except for moi of course

Are you?

You know I'm all about that Florida
    bout that Florida

no georgia

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    so i've reached the stage in this cold or plague or whatever where my nose is all hurty and just drips constantly

pretty much the type of ill i hate the most

if i put two butter knives over the stove until they're red hot and then just shove them up my nose that will cure it right

Replace your nose, mouth, eyes and face with a butt. You will be cured.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    hey @jacobkosh which of the user made campaigns for Dragonfall are best/good?

I seem to remember you describing one as having 'surprisingly literate pop culture references' and I think the story was kind of Yojimbo-y?

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Amazon is a terrible place to work for, no doubt, but you guys are worrying about this way to much. It was about whether things like security checks are part of the job (and this payable) or incidental to doing your job (not payable). It's an anti worker ruling, but it would not extend to something that is clearly work.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I'm assembling some minis I got off e-bay

I seem to be missing an arm, but I've got an extra sword and crossbow -- doesn't really seem like enough to whine at the seller since it's one tiny bit out of the dozens I got -- apparently I can order a replacement arm from the company for 50 cents

plus $6 shipping

guess my dude is gonna be an amputee till I need some other shit from them

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Is having black police in black neighborhoods a step that helps community relations?

• Options
    Amazon is a terrible place to work for, no doubt, but you guys are worrying about this way to much. It was about whether things like security checks are part of the job (and this payable) or incidental to doing your job (not payable). It's an anti worker ruling, but it would not extend to something that is clearly work.

Any minute that I am not reclining and watching sports is time I consider work, skfm.

... I now aspire to achieving a place in life where I am being paid for every moment I am not sitting.

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Any minute that I am not reclining and watching sports is time I consider work, skfm.

... I now aspire to achieving a place in life where I am being paid for every moment I am not sitting.

I will you pay you one Penny per decade spent standing. Now you are paid for all your non-sitting time.

• Options

I will you pay you one Penny per decade spent standing. Now you are paid for all your non-sitting time.

pretty sure that violates federal minimum wage laws

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I got paid for being on-call.

At a reduced rate ofcourse, unless I was actually called in.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    I'm assembling some minis I got off e-bay

I seem to be missing an arm, but I've got an extra sword and crossbow -- doesn't really seem like enough to whine at the seller since it's one tiny bit out of the dozens I got -- apparently I can order a replacement arm from the company for 50 cents

plus $6 shipping

guess my dude is gonna be an amputee till I need some other shit from them

uhmm

literal sword arm

problem solved

This discussion has been closed.