Options

Tell Us About a Time You Were Classy or Saw Classy Being Done

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Here is a classy story from our wedding:
    My dad pulled Blake and I both aside after we said our goodbyes. The timing of it was a bit off because he did it after we went around in a circle and thanked/farewelled everyone, which meant we were supposed to be leaving. Luckily, there's a giant mulberry tree blocking the view of our getaway car from the view of our guests, so I drag us all behind that.

My dad says to Blake – "when I walked her down the aisle earlier, I didn't really give her away." He pauses, during which I am a bit confused. But then he takes my hand and puts it on Blake's hand. "But now, I do. Take care of her."

It was all class, imho. I promptly burst into tears right when he said that, too.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oh wow, this thread isn't for me. I am way too clumsy and brash and loud to be classy even when I try my best to be. I wouldn't even know if I am being classy if I could be which I am pretty sure I am unable to be. :c

Chimera on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »
    Oh wow, this thread isn't for me. I am way too clumsy and brash and loud to be classy even when I try my best to be. I wouldn't even know if I am being classy if I could be which I am pretty sure I am unable to be. :c

Naw, you know what's classy is when your friend has an accident or makes an embarrassing mistake and you act like you didn't see it at all. Everybody can do that

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    WikiHow is the most unhelpful and full-of-itself website I've seen in a while.

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Wedding

One day, one of my friends is going to get married and I'll have to be the one stopping the wedding:

Me: 'Stop! You can't marry her!'

Buddy: 'But Mike! What's wrong? Why can't I marry her?'

Me: 'Because she's a velociraptor!'

And then he will rip the veil off his bride-to-be while exclaiming 'Clever girl!'

And then she will start attacking people ... but Pastor Stallone is there and he's not putting up with any shit, so he pulls a big ass survival knife from underneath his vestments and goes to town.

And then we have raptor BBQ at the reception because hey ... why let all that booze go to waste?

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Darth? You OK? Did you eat a pack of the half pound Reese's cups in one sitting again?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Darth? You OK? Did you eat a pack of the half pound Reese's cups in one sitting again?

I think part of my brain is still asleep, so you're getting something unfiltered right now.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    You get me while I am beyond falling asleep most of the time.
    I really should go to be instead of posting

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Here is a classy story from our wedding:
    My dad pulled Blake and I both aside after we said our goodbyes. The timing of it was a bit off because he did it after we went around in a circle and thanked/farewelled everyone, which meant we were supposed to be leaving. Luckily, there's a giant mulberry tree blocking the view of our getaway car from the view of our guests, so I drag us all behind that.

My dad says to Blake – "when I walked her down the aisle earlier, I didn't really give her away." He pauses, during which I am a bit confused. But then he takes my hand and puts it on Blake's hand. "But now, I do. Take care of her."

It was all class, imho. I promptly burst into tears right when he said that, too.

This made me cry, thanks Viv.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    When I was in college I worked at a small bookstore in the summer. Often it would be pretty quiet, and I'd be the only employee there, which meant having a lot of time to think. One afternoon I finally realized/admitted to myself how awful my relationship at the time was, and I broke down crying. Naturally, a couple of customers came in then - a husband and wife, I think, but I don't really remember. I was a mess - tears, sniffles, wobbly voice, everything. They both acted like nothing was out of the ordinary. A small thing, but it meant a lot to me.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I heard my girlfriend come home earlier so, to be considerate, I closed the door to the bathroom I was using.

Classy. As. Heck.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    One time I was at a friends 21st really drunk and I chundered into a bonfire in front of three kids

The chunder had also gotten all on my jeans so I changed in his grandma's room and I needed his help

Later his dad made me tea and I say on the steps with his dad, sipping tea and discussing religion

Then I threw up all over that pair of pants

Then I passed out in his grandma's bed in that pair of pants

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I''m taking full responsibility for the turn this thread has taken.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm taking full responsibility for being so rad

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm taking full responsibility for being so rad

Sorry I can't hear this thread over the sound of how awesome I am.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Sorry I can't hear this thread over the projectile vomiting

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Sorry I can't hear this thread over the projectile vomiting

Again, I remain confused at the definition of "classy"!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    theSquid wrote: »
    One time I was at a friends 21st really drunk and I chundered into a bonfire in front of three kids

The chunder had also gotten all on my jeans so I changed in his grandma's room and I needed his help

Later his dad made me tea and I say on the steps with his dad, sipping tea and discussing religion

I've heard puke called a lot of things but chunder is a new one to me.

edit- don't laugh at me geth, that term is outlandish in this part of the world.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You've never listened to a Men at Work song?

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

I've heard puke called a lot of things but chunder is a new one to me.

edit- don't laugh at me geth, that term is outlandish in this part of the world.
    I take it you don't

come from a land down under?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Where vikings row and dragons slumber

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Where vikings row and dragons chunder

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I am curious what chunder does to a bonfire. Extinguish it? Or fuel it?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Depends on what you've been drinking.

• Options
    Makes it smell funny for a little bit

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

Thank you and thank god for this post, because that line about chundering never made sense to me until now

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Bruce Campbell told me I'm classy one time.

Met him at a con. Cool dude.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Once I made a thread about throwing up.

• Options
    Oh man I actually do have a story about vomiting and class

This past December I went to Mexico with my fiancee and her parents. One day, her dad and I decided we wanted to go see Chichen Itza, so we get on the bus and go. The trip there included a lunch at some local joint - I had some kind of pork taco and few other things, don't really remember. Food was okay.

A couple hours later during our tour of the ruins, my stomach is feeling a bit odd and I'm getting a bit nauseous. I have some reflux issues so I figure it's just that, and it goes away for a bit.

It comes time to board the bus going back to the hotel, and I'm nauseous as hell. We get on, and I'm praying to just sleep it off. I do not sleep it off.

Instead, I thank god that I'd brought a plastic seasickness bag I'd gotten when we took a ferry a few days prior (the crew gave it to me thinking I was sick, but it was just a terrible anxiety attack). I take the bag out, open it up, and unleash the beast. The WHOLE BUS reacts, some people shocked, some scared, whatever. I apologize in english, then try to do so in Spanish.

Then the dude behind me passes me some wet wipes. Didn't even realize I needed them until he passed them.

This repeated itself for the remainder of the 3 hour bus ride, maybe a total of five times. The bus parks at the hotel, and the guy behind me pats me on the back and gives me a very specific "Don't sweat it" sort of look as he's getting off.

I thought that was pretty classy, cuz the couple in front of my actually moved their seats after a while. I don't blame them but it made me feel kinda shitty about it. I was doing my best!

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    i like how the forum is asked to tell classy stories

and it's like "uhhh..."

and then vomit comes up and everyone's like OH MAN LISTEN TO THIS

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I got awarded house points in primary school once because I was so polite to the Principal and a random teacher who were blocking the door to the sick bay so I could chunder.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »

and it's like "uhhh..."

I don't like to blow my own horn when it comes to good deeds but I will tell everyone tales of my bodily functions.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    exist wrote: »

and it's like "uhhh..."

I don't like to blow my own horn when it comes to good deeds but I will tell everyone tales of my bodily functions.

That being said, the irony of this very thread is palpable.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Inx wrote: »
    Instead, I thank god that I'd brought a plastic seasickness bag I'd gotten when we took a ferry a few days prior (the crew gave it to me thinking I was sick, but it was just a terrible anxiety attack). I take the bag out, open it up, and unleash the beast. The WHOLE BUS reacts, some people shocked, some scared, whatever. I apologize in english, then try to do so in Spanish.

I'm not sure why, but the idea of someone becoming frightened at the sight of a person ralphing into a bag is exceptionally hilarious to me. there are tears of laughter. so, thank you.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    the cheat wrote: »

I'm not sure why, but the idea of someone becoming frightened at the sight of a person ralphing into a bag is exceptionally hilarious to me. there are tears of laughter. so, thank you.
    You'd think it wouldn't be the case, but airplane stewardesses seem to be especially upset by people puking into bags. I don't know why. Airplanes provide passengers with their personal puke bags for a reason.

Man, there was one time, I was either 12 or 13, on the second half of a connected return trip from Italy. My parents knew I'm extremely prone to airsickness, but wouldn't let me take Dramamine at that age. I was already queasy from puking on the first flight from Italy to Canada. On the flight to Canada to Chicago, I pretty much threw up the entire trip.

And the stewardesses freaked out. Every few minutes one of them would come up and try to talk to me about getting me water, or ask me if I was okay, or if my parents knew I was sick, etc. It was ridiculous. My family was pretty clearly acting like my puking was normal and not-scary. Heck, my brother had fallen asleep with his head in my lap, under my barf bag, while I was puking into it.

Then while I was walking off the plane one of them had the gall to chirp, "Did you have a nice flight?"

I made an angry noise and handed her two of my used barf bags.

Definitely not my classiest moment.

Creagan on
  • Options
    The last bonfire they had when I was high school when I was a senior. I thought it was classy the firefighters setting up the bonfire was lighting his cigarette with a road flare.

• Options
    Another years later it's 4 of July and we are having a bbq over at a friends house. After the BBQ we were setting off fire works. He was doing a truly brilliant thing setting off bottle rockets in his hand.
    His son comes over and asks to do the same only he replies No daddy's stupid.
    He made fun of the fact the scorch mark on the top of his hand did not go away for weeks after the fact.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Creagan wrote: »

You'd think it wouldn't be the case, but airplane stewardesses seem to be especially upset by people puking into bags. I don't know why. Airplanes provide passengers with their personal puke bags for a reason.
    I wonder if it's because some people are sympathy pukers, and one sick person can set off a chain reaction under the right circumstances. Flight attendants have some horrific stories about people *not* using the bags, or so I've heard.

I also get nervous if someone gets sick around me, especially in a closed environment like a bus, because I'm all like, "Oh man, did they eat anything I ate? Please don't let it be norovirus please please" etc. Especially the latter, because noroviruses are ridiculously contagious and I'm just a touch emetophobic.

• Options
    Calica wrote: »
    Creagan wrote: »

I wonder if it's because some people are sympathy pukers, and one sick person can set off a chain reaction under the right circumstances. Flight attendants have some horrific stories about people *not* using the bags, or so I've heard.

I also get nervous if someone gets sick around me, especially in a closed environment like a bus, because I'm all like, "Oh man, did they eat anything I ate? Please don't let it be norovirus please please" etc. Especially the latter, because noroviruses are ridiculously contagious and I'm just a touch emetophobic.

One of my biggest fears is being in an enclosed space, needing to vomit, and having nothing to vomit into.

Like, I'm thinking about it and now I'm looking at purchasing emesis bags in bulk to bring with me on trips from here on out - and I don't even get motion sick. I almost NEVER vomit.

But you never fucking know.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    To veer from the vomit for a moment, Zhou Yougang is awesome and i want to be him when I'm old.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/afp-china-linguists-109th-birthday-wish-democracy-2015-1?r=US

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Today, the gym was rather busy, and all the trainers/staff were occupied
    There's one young dude about, what, fifteen or so waiting around with his workout plan so someone can show him how to do them
    Then one of the swolest men you ever did see goes up to him and starts talking to him
    I didn't hear the conversation, but over the next half hour or so this dude takes the kid around the weight room and shows him how to do the stuff on his chart

also I finished my workout and realized I didn't have any protein powder left at home so I went to McD's and got two triple cheeseburgers for two bucks each and just ate the patties and chucked the buns in our compost heap
    that's pretty classy, right?

Tam on