Options

Tell Us About a Time You Were Classy or Saw Classy Being Done

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I see classy whenever I hang out with the forumers from Perth.

Uh

That's all I got right now

"Classy" is my stripper name, you see.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Saw some milk on the sidewalk last night while walking home from getting groceries. Had to jog a bit a catch up to the people also walking home with groceries but they were happy to get their milk back.

Found a wallet a couple months ago while biking and delivered it to the persons house. Was super anxious about that one since I was sure they were going to accuse me of stealing it.

Random acts of kindness when you are having a shitty day are super great.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Here's one - I found myself wandering a parking garage looking for a car2go one night that simply wasn't to be found. The garage was mostly empty, and it's in the downtown area. I honestly didn't feel unsafe, but a woman who was getting in to her own vehicle stopped me and offered to give me a ride to my destination rather than have me walk by myself at night.

It was a really amazingly nice and classy thing!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Was this piece written by a child? The misspellings and improper grammar make it impossible for me to read.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I've got a story that involves both puke and class.

Only once in my life have I had food poisoning. Let's just say vomiting wasn't my only problem, and Mom had to come pick me up from school.

Now, this happened to be on the same day that a dress rehearsal was scheduled for Drama class. Shortly after getting home, I got a call from the Drama teacher yelling at me for missing the dress rehearsal and threatening to flunk me in the class.

Mom drove back down to school and I don't know what exactly she said, but it must have been a legendary ass-chewing because the next time I saw that drama teacher she was incredibly polite and apologetic.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    LS is my Guitar Hero ... for puking that is.

Edit: I meant 'pukebox hero.'

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Was this piece written by a child? The misspellings and improper grammar make it impossible for me to read.

The whole point of the article is that they are ripping the shit out of the book, which was seemingly written by an idiot with little to no grasp on reality, so the writer tried to write their review in the style of a young child, that of the audience the book is aimed at.

From what I read, it seems as though the book is trying to pull the old "we're not racist for calling first nations people redskins, you're racist for assuming we meant that in a bad way" tactic.

Because it's totally cool to call someone something racist if you don't mean it in a racist way, right? Damned PC police, ruining Americas freedoms for the rest of us!

• Options
    I still remember some passengers from a long time ago. Back in probably 07 or 08 I was working the gate for Allegiant and there was a slight delay so I was talking to a dad who was flying with his family; wife, 4ish yr old, and a lap child. The lap child looked kinda big so I asked how old he was. Turned out the agent at the counter wasn't paying attention and the guy thought LCs were age 2 and younger and the kid was 2 and a couple of months.

The problem was that the flight was completely sold out, and Allegiant is super strict. NO changes within 24 hrs of flight time. Which meant we couldn't rebook him for the next day, and they couldn't buy a seat for the two year old which is required by the FAA. We went ahead and bought a return seat for the kid, which was expensive (300ish one way) but still a lot cheaper than going by the rules, which would have been deny boarding to the kid without a seat which would've meant them buying two last minute tickets for the next flight the next day.

I also gave him the advice that if any flight attendant asks the kid's age when he was flying illegally as an LC, say they're going down to celebrate his birthday and that he will be flying with a seat on the way back.

Hopefully the guy was being honest and not trying to pull a fast one. That's what sucks about working an airline. You catch a few people fibbing and it becomes hard to trust the honest people.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yesterday some of the people I work with whom talk with me at break were making fun of the lack of people who are still around when they started.
    One girl who went from days to overnights was making fun of how no one she knew of was left but added this classy bit
    She was telling the tale of this cute guy who worked in the deli and how one of the people she hangs around with outside of work did him
    But the girl who did him told the tale of his small dick while drunk. such a waste she said he was cute too . but was laughing about how she used the excuse she was on her period when he asked if they wanted to go again.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

The whole point of the article is that they are ripping the shit out of the book, which was seemingly written by an idiot with little to no grasp on reality, so the writer tried to write their review in the style of a young child, that of the audience the book is aimed at.

From what I read, it seems as though the book is trying to pull the old "we're not racist for calling first nations people redskins, you're racist for assuming we meant that in a bad way" tactic.

Because it's totally cool to call someone something racist if you don't mean it in a racist way, right? Damned PC police, ruining Americas freedoms for the rest of us!

PFTCommenter is social commentary / satire on the type of trollish boors who inhabit PFT comment boards.

And the Twitter that PFTCommenter produces is fantastic.

It's a football thing. I think it started on the Kissing Suzy Kolber site?

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I will understand that post 100% as soon as I figure out what a PFT is. Currently I am only at 99%.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I will understand that post 100% as soon as I figure out what a PFT is. Currently I am only at 99%.

Either Pro Football Talk or the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers

• Options
    Yeah, pro football talk.

Since the article was about a football team.

Sometimes when I'm feeling too happy I'll read PFT comments and bring myself back down to level

• Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    Oh man have I got a puke story for you.

When I was in year 7, my brother was in year 12. Our school bus had a pretty rigid pecking order, all the seniors sat at the back and the juniors sat at the front. But sometimes my brother and his friends let me sit on The Back Seat to play cards with them! Pretty classy.

On one such day, I had started feeling sick at the end of the school day. I didn't tell anyone and just sat and suffered in silence, thinking I could last for the 45 minute bus ride home.

The bus was always packed, and there wasn't much room under the seats for bags so everyone threw their bags in the aisle. The aisle itself was lower than the rest of the floor, forming a groove running up the length of the bus. It also ramped up slightly towards the seats at the back, which were higher.

As the bus turned off the highway towards our hometown, it was suddenly too much for me.

With my head down, all I could do was listen as cries of disgust propogated down the bus in a slow, oozing wave. People only heard the cries behind them just in time to scramble, mostly unsuccessfully, to save their own bags. My brother thrust his empty lunchbox in front of me but it was far too late.

From then on my brother was so jealous, knowing that he would never match my spectacular vomit on public transport, that I was never allowed up the back of the bus again.

• Options
    i don't think I've done that many classy things.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I drove my mom home after a procedure she had done recently.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    i don't think I've done that many classy things.

I have done things but are they classy or?
    I know I would have to think about it but with my life the way it's now I doubt I will cast them in such a favorable light to be classy.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Based on posts in this thread I have become confused as to what classy means.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

Being a cool librarian is classy as fuck

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

WikiHow - How to be classy

670px-Be-Classy-Step-3.jpg

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    WikiHow is the most unhelpful and full-of-itself website I've seen in a while.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Classy cupcakes

rRiROc.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    JoeUser wrote: »

WikiHow - How to be classy

670px-Be-Classy-Step-3.jpg

Wow, that article reads like it was written by the kind of douche that frequents PUA messageboards.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Nah, a pickup artist would never tell a woman to be independent or assertive

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Wedding

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

What

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

What

When you find out the groom is actually two little kids standing on each others shoulders you're going to be glad you have this wiki.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    At work I've been trying to own up to any mistakes I make and give credit where it is due. The other day, somebody asked me to do something, and I waited until the next day due to misunderstanding the deadline. I made sure the boss knew it was my mistake as we explained it. The other person was going to let it slide. It has taken me a while to own up to things like that.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm waiting for the follow up,
    Wikihow.com/stop-a-stop-a-wedding

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

What

When you find out the groom is actually two little kids standing on each others shoulders you're going to be glad you have this wiki.

Or when the groom is actually already married and has been keeping his mad wife in the attic the whole time and didn't think to mention it despite the fact said mad wife has been attacking people in the house.

#mrrochester

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I love how method #1 is basically "are you really really sure?"

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the follow up,
    Wikihow.com/stop-a-stop-a-wedding

Wikihow.com/stop-two-children-in-a-suit

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    "The worst thing about fighting two children in a suit is that they have a second pair of arms for ball punches. Wear a cup if you suspect you might get into a fight with a possible two children in a suit."

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There is a car ad going around right now that implies that if you purchase their car you will be so cool that you can go to a wedding and get the bride to leave her husband at the altar for you

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That wedding thing in pop culture has always bothered me for a few reasons.

First, the "speak now or forever hold your peace" bit was in case it turned out one of the parties was already married, or that the parties were close relatives. A lot of modern weddings don't even include the line.

But in pop culture it's always portrayed as this big romantic gesture. And if the bride or groom leaves their fiancé at the altar, it's just "oh well, the fiancé was a dick anyway" and there's no examination of what kind of person would let a wedding get that far if their feelings for the fiancé were so weak that a last-minute declaration of love from an ex could blow it all up.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

First, the "speak now or forever hold your peace" bit was in case it turned out one of the parties was already married, or that the parties were close relatives. A lot of modern weddings don't even include the line.

But in pop culture it's always portrayed as this big romantic gesture. And if the bride or groom leaves their fiancé at the altar, it's just "oh well, the fiancé was a dick anyway" and there's no examination of what kind of person would let a wedding get that far if their feelings for the fiancé were so weak that a last-minute declaration of love from an ex could blow it all up.

man, we didn't even have "I Do"s at our wedding, is how bullshit wedding pop culture is

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    the other day, within four minutes of interacting with me, a customer had two cashier's checks, a direct deposit form (a need I anticipated), and three hundred dollars in small bills, all crisp, oriented the same way in a small envelope along with her account balances
    all while I held a conversation with her about Bach
    she extended her hand and said it was a pleasure
    I shook it, smiled, and said "Likewise"

I am a competent bank teller
    but the ghost of some very well-mannered and erudite person was using my body in that moment
    or the combination of a bow tie, sweater vest, and black corduroy jacket possesses mild magicks

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

A lot of the time these days the line is just left in for humour.

• Options
    Tam wrote: »
    the other day, within four minutes of interacting with me, a customer had two cashier's checks, a direct deposit form (a need I anticipated), and three hundred dollars in small bills, all crisp, oriented the same way in a small envelope along with her account balances
    all while I held a conversation with her about Bach
    she extended her hand and said it was a pleasure
    I shook it, smiled, and said "Likewise"

I am a competent bank teller
    but the ghost of some very well-mannered and erudite person was using my body in that moment
    or the combination of a bow tie, sweater vest, and black corduroy jacket possesses mild magicks

Tam is one child in a suit