Options

Touchdown Tom Brady is the Greatest Of All [chat]s

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I play with a bunch of improv kids

If you're not doing a gruff Scottish accent and pounding the table to play a dwarf then you're not really playing D&D

Ignore that section of the DMG about different styles of play, that's obviously political correctness gone mad

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i'd even settle for a countess personally

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    why would u want to bone a princess

they all have tiny boobs wtf

i wanted to have sex with a minoan priestess based on my grandmothers description

The first google image result for minoan suggest this is a race of dolphin people.

the modern name given to all of the bronze age civilizations on the island of Crete.

I guess NSFW due to 3500 year old boobies
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/87/5a/98/875a985c94a322c9e39419c74deee5c6.jpg

also they often dual wield snakes

v sexy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axNUPT9kx14
    japan wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »

i wanted to have sex with a minoan priestess based on my grandmothers description

COME BACK TO LONDON

Are you in London? I was in London this morning for a meeting.

I will be on the 17th, and I'll be there until the 20th.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I know 2e and 3/3.5 best and all of them are completely and utterly broken and only work if everyone is in good faith about not breaking it too much.
    There are a billion way to subvert the rules.
    Many spells are badly written, painful when used alone but combine horrifically.
    Even without it, the game scales horribly. You basically can't protect against save or die optimalisation on app your saves, nor can you get enough ac to protect against damage getting out of control (mostly via sneak or charge )
    Only wizards get magical outs, so they always win. And then the quickest wizard wins.
    So initiative wins.

If you have approx. 3000 pages of rules, end up with a completelist broken mess, force the DM to salvage it and proclaim rules don't matter something has gone horribly wrong.

I mentioned this in [chat] before, but I heard a story that when 3rd Edition was being playtested, one player defied the traditional wizard roll of being a blaster and built one dedicated to utility spells to render himself untouchable and load up on save-or-lose spells. As minmaxxing nerds might have predicted, he mopped up all comers.

And Wizards' reaction to this data was "Well, people won't play like that."

How naive.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    ......omg

our son's cat just knocked over the box of Christmas ornaments that hadn't gotten up into the attic yet

huge explosion of ornaments and cardboard all over the dining room, scared the shit out me...now he's playing with them, he seems quite proud of himself *sigh*

@spool32

It's February.

The cat was in the right here.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I play with a bunch of improv kids

problem located

they're barely even people, those improv kids

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Gim wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    God damn Star Wars, you can't just have a character named "Princess Leia" and then have her come from a non-monarchical background. There's no King, no Queen, no line of succession. It's just a diplomatic title? Boo!

She's princess of the Rebels. Mon Mothma is queen of the Rebels.

But those words have meanings bey-

This is what it feels like to be _J_, isn't it?

Welcome to my pain.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I squeezed myself and farted.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

The first google image result for minoan suggest this is a race of dolphin people.

the modern name given to all of the bronze age civilizations on the island of Crete.

I guess NSFW due to 3500 year old boobies
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/87/5a/98/875a985c94a322c9e39419c74deee5c6.jpg

also they often dual wield snakes

v sexy

damn right they do
    https://peripluscd.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/minoan-snake_goddess-2nd-millenium-bce.jpg

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I always house ruled no Kender.

i also cut them and any references to them out of all my dragonlance novels

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'm still bitterly dissapoint that the best edition of D&D is the only one to not have any computer games based on it due to licence shenanigans

Even though it is not my favorite edition it is by far the best suited to a computer game

It's so well-written from a technical perspective that it's almost code already!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    True, the best job on the court is Royal Consort.

Your whole deal is just boning the Queen.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Chanus wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Monopoly is a terrible game designed by Nazis to teach children despair and it is impossible that anyone in the history of time has actually had fun playing it, though.

I did this.

I swear to god I found a way to make the game sorta fun while not actually changing any rules.

Quid everyone knows you are a pathological liar.

There were four or five of us and we all knew that the game well enough we could knew what would happen if anyone got a hold of three properties. So haggling and trying to trade led nowhere.

Then I got the idea to offer another player my property in exchange for free travel on it and half the profit. Next thing you know everyone is doing this, money was flowing back and forth fast and in larger amounts, and just about everyone had alliances with everyone else based on some controlled property somewhere on the board.

All the land got developed, everyone had lots of money, and we eventually just decided we'd all won once we realized we'd created a sort of unending profit loop.

We'd turned monopoly in to a community owned system that discouraged competition and promoted helping each other and it was awesome.

Quid on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I always house ruled no Kender.

Hater's gonna ooo look something in my pocket!

• Options
    Monopoly is a terrible game designed by Nazis to teach children despair and it is impossible that anyone in the history of time has actually had fun playing it, though.

I did this.

I swear to god I found a way to make the game sorta fun while not actually changing any rules.

There were four or five of us and we all knew that the game well enough we could knew what would happen if anyone got a hold of three properties. So haggling and trying to trade led nowhere.

Then I got the idea to offer another player my property in exchange for free travel on it and half the profit. Next thing you know everyone is doing this, money was flowing back and forth fast and in larger amounts, and just about everyone had alliances with everyone else based on some controlled property somewhere on the board.

All the land got developed, everyone had lots of money, and we eventually just decided we'd all won once we realized we'd created a continuing loop.

We'd turned monopoly in to a community owned system that discouraged competition and promoted helping each other and it was awesome.

YOU PINKO BASTARDS

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    ......omg

our son's cat just knocked over the box of Christmas ornaments that hadn't gotten up into the attic yet

huge explosion of ornaments and cardboard all over the dining room, scared the shit out me...now he's playing with them, he seems quite proud of himself *sigh*

@spool32

It's February.

why do you think I batsignaled spool?

#smugwife

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    oh and before people think i'm this grognard or whatever my motto is, "play anything, run what you want."

I ran 10 years of 3rd edition. Never fucking again. If someone else wants to be GM tho, I'll totally sit down and have fun with it. Otherwise, let me tell you about a game designer named Luke Crane. . .

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I enjoyed what I played of BESM d20 but that was maybe two sessions.

You'd think I would have played that game. My gaming group are pretty much all anime fans. But we never played an anime themed game.

• Options
    I'm still bitterly dissapoint that the best edition of D&D is the only one to not have any computer games based on it due to licence shenanigans

Even though it is not my favorite edition it is by far the best suited to a computer game

It's so well-written from a technical perspective that it's almost code already!

I remember trying to write just a character creator program for 2nd ed in the early 90s. That was such a huge pain. Just look at the section of the 2nd ed PHB about ability scores. ffffffffffffffff

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    ideally the princess wants the d so much that she's willing to throw away the royal life in favor of a simple, incredibly wealthy aristocratic life on one of the lesser estates instead

BS, obviously getting it from the princess means you get to be King next.

You CKII people back me up on this.

No, getting it from a princess means you got invited to my kingdom, and then were forced into a matrilineal marriage, and then locked in a tower to make babies, just in case any other heirs die. Should the other heirs inherit, that is where you will remain your entire life, and your children will face similar fates if they inherit their mother's claim on the throne. Should the claims not be inherited, the children will be awarded duchies, and counties to get a relationship bonus for being in the Family.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ......omg

@spool32

It's February.

YOU DONT KNOW MY STRUGGLE

At least there's no fucking bees in the attic.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    God damn Star Wars, you can't just have a character named "Princess Leia" and then have her come from a non-monarchical background. There's no King, no Queen, no line of succession. It's just a diplomatic title? Boo!

She's princess of the Rebels. Mon Mothma is queen of the Rebels.

But those words have meanings bey-

This is what it feels like to be _J_, isn't it?

Welcome to my pain.

*hug*

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Pretty sure that ain't a coincidence. What could have been...

• Options

Which edition are you referring to?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

4th.

The MMO of D&D.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I also house ruled no drow because Christ on a bike I was not going to DM some tedious tragic drow who is actually good but misunderstood bullshit. Also a hate crime.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Whoa people are talking TRPG systems and nobody alerted me

This is how war crimes start

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    oh and before people think i'm this grognard or whatever my motto is, "play anything, run what you want."

I ran 10 years of 3rd edition. Never fucking again. If someone else wants to be GM tho, I'll totally sit down and have fun with it. Otherwise, let me tell you about a game designer named Luke Crane. . .

3rd was terrible tho

worst edition by far

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I enjoyed what I played of BESM d20 but that was maybe two sessions.

You'd think I would have played that game. My gaming group are pretty much all anime fans. But we never played an anime themed game.

I believe the game you want to look for is called Tenra Bansho Zero.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Fuck bees.

Bees are why I will never go in to another volcano.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I did this.

All the land got developed, everyone had lots of money, and we eventually just decided we'd all won once we realized we'd created a continuing loop.

You're terrible at monopoly.

My best game of all time was when I took advantage of my inebriated mother, offering her convoluted deals involving free passes on my properties, which she promptly forgot about. Hotel management collected the full fare from her.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

4th. "Atari" (actually Infogrames who bought the name Atari) had a long term licence for D&D computer games and just sat on it for the entire 4th ed run due to all their other troubles

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    @simonwolf I just mentioned Tenra Bansho Zero which is practically the same as bat signalling you.

• Options
    ideally the princess wants the d so much that she's willing to throw away the royal life in favor of a simple, incredibly wealthy aristocratic life on one of the lesser estates instead

No, getting it from a princess means you got invited to my kingdom, and then were forced into a matrilineal marriage, and then locked in a tower to make babies, just in case any other heirs die. Should the other heirs inherit, that is where you will remain your entire life, and your children will face similar fates if they inherit their mother's claim on the throne. Should the claims not be inherited, the children will be awarded duchies, and counties to get a relationship bonus for being in the Family.

"Locked in a tower to make babies"

I can deal with this

(It'd probably take like a few years to devolve into a hellish nightmare at least)

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    4th is for real the best edition and if you disagree you are both wrong and a fuckin nerd

919UOwT.png
  • Options

"Locked in a tower to make babies"

I can deal with this

(It'd probably take like a few years to devolve into a hellish nightmare at least)

even Ulysses got tired of it eventually man

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2015
    I also house ruled no drow because Christ on a bike I was not going to DM some tedious tragic drow who is actually good but misunderstood bullshit. Also a hate crime.

I ran an evil game in Menzoberranzan where all the party members were mercenaries working for Jarlaxle in Breagan D'earthe.

That was a pretty fun game. Bunch of dudes who were badasses in their own right but were operating behind the scenes while society as a whole was under the spiked heel of an oppressive matriarchy that got its power from a chaotic spider god who rewarded those who did awful things and got away with it.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Today in #FirstWorldProblems

Fuck, I have to burn my 8 carry over vacation days by 4/1
    Okay, let me take care of that by putting in my PAX days...
    Oh...I already did that. Still have 8.

This discussion has been closed.