As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're not doing this in [Movies]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh my god Vin Diesel and the Rock just kiss already

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    That fight scene was so fast-paced that I really really wanted them to just sneak in one shot of them quickly kissing and then go back to fighting

And it's so quick that you don't even have enough time to go "wait was that--" before they're back to beating the shit out of each other

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Rock is just so sweaty throughout that entire movie.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I'm a huge fan of the Fast and Furious Movies and the only characters' names I know off the top of my head are Dominic Torretto and Han Solo

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_oFE9ovNk

webcam footage of me, after it was revealed that they had an entire spare vault just for fakeouts

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_oFE9ovNk

webcam footage of me, after it was revealed that they had an entire spare vault just for fakeouts

kIXYHrv.png

• Options
    That was an incredibly silly movie that I am only going to watch...at least 3 to 5 more times

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    oh my god Vin Diesel and the Rock just kiss already

When my friends and I saw it drunk in the (empty) theater, we kept shouting "KISS KISS KISS" at he screen that whooooole scene

• Options
    I think what's cool about these movies is that would not seem even remotely out of place, and Vin Diesel and The Rock would both be 100% down with it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    What is Moana again
    In the ancient South Pacific world of Oceania, Moana, a born navigator, sets sail in search of a fabled island. During her incredible journey, she teams up with her hero, the legendary demi-god Maui, to traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous sea creatures, breathtaking underworlds and ancient folklore.
    [/quote]

this is also fantastic as an overall effort to promote counter narratives about the Pacific Island cultures and histories, as there was a long held (racist) belief that they populated such vast areas of ocean simply by accident like getting shipwrecked or swept away in storms, when in reality they were expert navigators and explorers who deserve to be celebrated as pioneers

Prohass on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Prohass wrote: »
    What is Moana again
    In the ancient South Pacific world of Oceania, Moana, a born navigator, sets sail in search of a fabled island. During her incredible journey, she teams up with her hero, the legendary demi-god Maui, to traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous sea creatures, breathtaking underworlds and ancient folklore.

this is also fantastic as an overall effort to promote counter narratives about the Pacific Island cultures and histories, as there was a long held (racist) belief that they populated such vast areas of ocean simply by accident like getting shipwrecked or swept away in storms, when in reality they were expert navigators and explorers who deserve to be celebrated as pioneers

Hmm yes, I need to watch that.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I dunno if this movie is old news around here or what, but I just got back from It Follows and oh my glob it was just the best. I get why critics were going crazy for it and was pleasantly surprised at how unpretentious the whole thing was

I need more stuff like this and The Babadook in my life

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    me and @Poorochondriac have just planned an all day marathon of Fast Five, Fast Six, Tokyo Drift and Furious Seven

I have seen none of them, he has only seen Fast Five

I anticipate we will be drooling idiots by the end, most likely due to the excessive alcohol consumption

You have to do signature cocktails.
    Signature cocktails seem like the antithesis of everything the Fast/Furious franchise stands for.

If you go higher than a Bud 40, you done fucked up.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Also of importance, you can hamper yourself with an effective but boring play style in games. Greater authorial control just guides the attention better. That said there's a certain joy of gaming that movies can't touch. That's usually brought about by game mechanics rather than story telling. So far a computer game hasn't told me a great story.

No computer game you have ever played has told you a great story?

For me, gameplay makes the story redundant. I don't care, give me the gun and stop making mouth noises. Mood and tension are things games do very well though. Like, I like Silent Hill 2 and Thief 2 a lot. What are the stories they told? I don't know. I enjoy games with a great setting I can explore a bunch though. Things like Skyrim and the great Unreal World.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    I'm watching Aguirre: The Wrath of God.

If y'all haven't seen Aguirre: The Wrath of God, you should fix that and watch Aguirre: The Wrath of God.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Aguirre is a damn good movie.

• Options
    Now just imagine a young, impressionable Penguin Incarnate in senior year of high school listening to the director's commentary, not knowing who the fuck Werner Herzog is.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    me and @Poorochondriac have just planned an all day marathon of Fast Five, Fast Six, Tokyo Drift and Furious Seven

I anticipate we will be drooling idiots by the end, most likely due to the excessive alcohol consumption

Signature cocktails seem like the antithesis of everything the Fast/Furious franchise stands for.

No you gotta take everyone else's drink and wipe the top of the bottle while pointedly making eye contact like in the first movie.

I think they drink coronas in that from memory.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There is a scene at the end of fast six between rock and diesel that is seriously the most homoerotic subtext I have literally ever seen in a film

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    So I saw What We Do in the Shadows and to be honest it was kinda disappointing. It would have been much improved if it had a plot. And the camera crew were characters but they were very rarely treated like characters.
    Still, it's fun.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

You can have any beer you want... As long as it's Corona.

• Options
    I don't think it has to be a corona, it just has to be yellow in a clear bottle

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I don't think it has to be a corona, it just has to be yellow in a clear bottle

So Mike's Hard is an option?

Yesssssss

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Man

I drank a lot of mikes hard and smirnoffs when I was young

Boy those taste like shit now

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Have my ticket for Fast 7 tonight

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Man

I drank a lot of mikes hard and smirnoffs when I was young

Boy those taste like shit now

Well if you've had them this long, I imagine they would.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Boo to both aspects of that joke

The wordplay and also the haha chincy is old part

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    There is a scene at the end of fast six between rock and diesel that is seriously the most homoerotic subtext I have literally ever seen in a film

More so than Top Gun?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Have my ticket for Fast 7 tonight

Turn in your fan-club membership card

• Options

More so than Top Gun?

Oh yes absolutely

• Options
    I am still cracking up every single time I remember they brought a second vault

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I'm watching Aguirre: The Wrath of God.

If y'all haven't seen Aguirre: The Wrath of God, you should fix that and watch Aguirre: The Wrath of God.

herzog is a beautiful lunatic

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

More so than Top Gun?

top gun is not subtext

that shit is overt

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I don't think the volleyball scene in Top Gun was subtext. It was just text.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    what about nightmare on elm's street 2

• Options
    When it comes to homoeroticism I first think of the arm clasp from Predator.

• Options
    When it comes to homoeroticism I first think of the arm clasp from Predator.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    What I'm hearing here is that there is a lot of homoeroticism in films.

Which is weird, because when I think actor, I definitely don't think of a half dozen gay stereotypes.

• Options
    Jesse Ventura's character in Predator might be the gayest man in the history of cinema.

Also, who doesn't look at Mac and immediately think, "This guy's loves penis"?

This discussion has been closed.