As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive. Give me your PSN names, please

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    From what I've seen, it's tied specifically to the amount of echoes you have.

If you have a bunch just spend them all and then go back to farming, and your drop rates should be fresh as a newborn babe.

My Str character is level 50 and still gets the usual from my Central Yharnam run from the Great Bridge.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So.

Where can I find the key for the Workshop up on that tower?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Every time I level up I just dump the leftovers into vials. It can be annoying for sure though, especially if your not fighting enemies that drop vials.

Also, and this is conjecture, I've read that drops decrease as you spend more time in one area.

Oh and you can get runes that boost drops. Let me know if you want a spoiler for one of them.

yeah but all of that is kind of like, not the point

like okay practically it's nice that there are some ways to mitigate it

but i don't think that makes the decision a good one

i wanna play bloodborne, i don't wanna go do my vial-collecting chores before playing bloodborne

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So does anyone have the Oedon Writhe rune that gives +2 bullets per v.attack?

I did the thing that is supposed to give it to you and did not get it, so I'm wondering if anyone found it anywhere else.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    choir
    the insight-eater in the tiny room at the base of the ladder just past the werewolves is the single hardest enemy of the game and i will hear no arguments to the contrary

the room's too small to avoid its attacks, and the hallway you go down to get to it is too narrow to dodge its freezing spells

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    the Estus Flask system really is the best and I am bewildered about why they changed it back to finite healing items the way they did

• Options
    Also, I've cleared Old Yarnham of that Minigun Asshole and the BSB, I've unlocked the Chaple Circle Gate thing, but keep getting killed by the critters there. Am I going in the right direction?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So does anyone have the Oedon Writhe rune that gives +2 bullets per v.attack?

I did the thing that is supposed to give it to you and did not get it, so I'm wondering if anyone found it anywhere else.

I have it, but cannot say where it was now.

I'm be okay with the Blood Vials being finite since they're pretty easy to farm near the very beginning of Central Yharnam (as well as Quicksilver Bullets being easy in the 7-8 gunner area before the HeMlock lantern), but I do miss the Estus drinking animation.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    choir
    the insight-eater in the tiny room at the base of the ladder just past the werewolves is the single hardest enemy of the game and i will hear no arguments to the contrary

the room's too small to avoid its attacks, and the hallway you go down to get to it is too narrow to dodge its freezing spells
    Throw molotovs at him and stuff.

Sorry I was thinking of another one in there. Rush him down with a fast weapon if you can.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    i've gotten past him

after he stole 20 insight from me and made me nearly put my controller through my tv

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Well I just hit 60 Insight, and

Ummmmm
    The pigs have a thousand eyes, why piggy why

Also, my theory on Insight, having beaten Micolash:
    The Hunter is either A ) in a deep sleep and suffering from a literal Nightmare, or B ) the entire world is some Matrix-level shit. Either way, the Insight is the Hunter realizing that A or B is the case, and the Nightmare/matrix is trying to fight them from escaping by making things get progressively crazier/more murderous. I'm leaning more towards A after amicolash saying he'd wake and forget everything.

Micolash talk.
    Micolash says if he wakes up he'll forget everything, because he's already DEAD. You run into his corpse(And other's who tried to take the dip like him) in the Unseen City.

My current running theory.
    Yharnam is in the worlds biggest multi-dimensional power struggle. Byrgenwerth gave birth to the Healing Church, the Healing Church created Rom, Byrgenwerth kept digging and spooked up some old god which caused the moon to run red(Which caused the big outbreak in Old Yharnam). Church deployed Rom to be basically a giant stopplug in order to keep the "Newborn" from arising. The Chruch establishes outside workshops andHunter's with Gehrman as the lead.

Gehrman get's to the bottom of shit obtains the paleblood and awareness of the current situation and realizes everything is fucked, and uses the power of the Paleblood to create the Hunter's dream, and indefinite solution to the "birthing pains" that the "Newborn" is causing(Which is the form of the Beastplauge.).

But as time passed the Hunter's numbers dwindled to the point that Eileen, Mr. G, and Henryck where the only active Hunter's remaining while everything else was just getting worse and worse over time, while the hunter's cut with beast blood were inevitably driven insane or fallen to beasthood.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    hey @vsove if you need red jelly i got one in layer 2 on this seed 5xgre5mr

i don't know if there's one past the second boss because it was abhorrent beast again and i was like bluuuuh fuck that i don't wanna fight him again, so i just made this chalice again and got the second red jelly i needed for the level 5 pthumeru

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    @Transporter My (baseless) theory:
    The beast plague is a symptom of what it takes to prevent the birth of an/the(?) elder god(s?). Old Yharnam was consumed by the plague in order to keep the moon from descending (the birth) and burnt to the ground to conceal it. By the church? By the hunters? Dunno!

One you kill Rom, the ritual preventing the birth is broken - per the text box - and shit gets crazy. You stop seeing beasts, bar the tattered ones in the nightmare, and start seeing kin.

I'm still not sure how Gherman, Laurence (WHO THE FUCK IS LAURENCE!?!), Willem, and Spiderbro figure in, short of spider's relationship to Amygdala and the old gods, and Willem's leadership of the college.
    Long story short, this game is turning me into a crazy person kind of.

• Options
    Welp.

Trapped in Jail.

No escape.

Getting killed in two hits.

God. Fucking. Damn. It.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Welp.

Trapped in Jail.

No escape.

God. Fucking. Damn. It.
    there's a lantern just up the stairs, you can run there without having to fight anything scary

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    hey @vsove if you need red jelly i got one in layer 2 on this seed 5xgre5mr

i don't know if there's one past the second boss because it was abhorrent beast again and i was like bluuuuh fuck that i don't wanna fight him again, so i just made this chalice again and got the second red jelly i needed for the level 5 pthumeru

Yeah, I found one there too, and another past the Abhorrent Beast.

On to trophy land.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    YOU AND ME, ZAY.

CHALICE BUDDIES.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Welp.

Trapped in Jail.

No escape.

God. Fucking. Damn. It.
    there's a lantern just up the stairs, you can run there without having to fight anything scary
    Yeah, just found it. Fuck those Bagdudes.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ludwig's Rifle worth it?

• Options
    yay ebrietus killed me twice in a row

which means i get to go grind for more blood vials! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(finite blood vials is a poopy garbage piece of design)

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's a better blunderbus

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Once I got it, I used Ludwig's for the entirety of my first run. I could be wrong, but I feel like the shotguns are a bit easier to parry with. The trade off, it feels like, is that it takes longer to close in for a visceral attack with them as opposed to pistols.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Jesus Christ I just realised that the gross thing stuck on the side of the
    CATHEDRAL WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME I JUST COULDNT SEE IT URGH SICK

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Oh my god Ludwig's rifle is hilariously big. Seems like a neat gun though.

• Options
    can someone explain how the wheel's trick mode works to me

• Options

That was literally my least favourite fight in the game.

And then she showed up in my Chalice and I just sighed, deeply.

I am now the world's foremost authority on murdering Ebrietus.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Depending on how far you are in the game, just kill some dudes and buy some vials with blood echoes. Where I am in the game right now every enemy drops hundreds of echoes and it only costs like 700 for 20 vials.

Also, where the hell do you go to open up the back entrance of the clinic? I feel like I've been everywhere but I haven't found it.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    It's worth noting that the cost of blood vials goes up.

If you can get access to the higher level chalice dungeons, though, they drop echoes like candy. Cc @Zay

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    can someone explain how the wheel's trick mode works to me

Transform the wheel to crazy demon mode. Hit L2 to power it up by spinning it in exchange for depleting health up to 3 times. Destroy and annihilate your foes, grind them to paste. Die because you forgot to turn it off.

• Options
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Depending on how far you are in the game, just kill some dudes and buy some vials with blood echoes. Where I am in the game right now every enemy drops hundreds of echoes and it only costs like 700 for 20 vials.

Also, where the hell do you go to open up the back entrance of the clinic? I feel like I've been everywhere but I haven't found it.
    in the forbidden woods, near the shanty town area (before the snakes), there's a cave. Go through it and you'll find a ladder that leads up to central yharnam.

• Options

Secret path from the village in the forbidden woods.

• Options

in the forbidden woods, near the shanty town area (before the snakes), there's a cave. Go through it and you'll find a ladder that leads up to central yharnam.
    Does that cave happen to be filled with poison water?

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Does that cave happen to be filled with poison water?

yuuuuuuuuuuup

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I started up another character and speed run to Father G (while doing some things I miss the first time around) and I have to say.

The cane

is

BY FAR

the best starter weapon.

Axe and cleaver are clutch weapons for beginners. The cane, oh man, the cane is a work of art. Now that I know how to play, Father G went down without me taking a single hit and without getting a drop of blood on my clothes.

The cane is simply amazing.

• Options
    Dammit, shoulda bucked up and just went for it

Thanks!

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    vsove wrote: »

In the pthumeru 5? I didn't really start it yet but I'm scared of ebrietus because I one shot her in the main game so that means I'm going to be destroyed by her in the chalice. Then again if I don't have half fuckin health then it surely can't be that bad

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    The cane is OK - the thrust attack is pretty great - but my money goes to the saw. The R1 spam is too great to ignore.

I'll concede the cane's whip moves are great for clearing fatbirds and crawlers. Otherwise I find it pretty useless. So slow!

• Options
    vsove wrote: »

i can get through her first phase without taking a single hit

but that blood vomit is chronicles of ridiculous

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Slow? Only if you spam R1. The trick to the cane is that you never just spam R1.

This discussion has been closed.