Options

Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive. Give me your PSN names, please

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Seriously the coolest weapons are skill. It's not even close.

The Strength/Quality weapons are solid and workhorses. But it's no Pimpcane or Blades of Mercy or RAPIER THAT IS ALSO A GUN.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    @vsove

i'm up to level 103 (i think we need to be in +/- 10 level range?) now but stalling out as i just keep dying to a boss again, let me know if you wanna do some coop

i wanna beat this dumb idiot real bad and get to the last chalice dungeon where hopefully i won't have half health and it's not that hard but just sooooo time consuming to wait for openings, and if you screw up once restart. it is very very tedious

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Okay I've unlocked both shortcuts in the Forbidden Woods and now I have no idea where to go to find a boss

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Okay I've unlocked both shortcuts in the Forbidden Woods and now I have no idea where to go to find a boss

its literally like a 30 second run from that 2nd shortcut

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    follow the pigs

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    So! Nightmare of Mensis, eh?
    0v161gc0r53p.jpg

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Brain suckers are the worrrrst

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    My game is bugged out and vials won't go to storage anymore, keeps saying its full even though there's less than 40 in there. Hopefully this goes away cause that'll get really annoying!

Steam ID
  • Options
    have you loaded an alt? that's actually related to the dupe glitch. exit the game and close the app and restart, should be fixed

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    FUCK the area at the top of the cathedral tower

• Options
    Zay wrote: »
    have you loaded an alt? that's actually related to the dupe glitch. exit the game and close the app and restart, should be fixed

Oh that's probably it. Thanks

Steam ID
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    So I ended my first crawlthrough with the insight cap, will having a low insight have a major impact on gameplay or story stuff, since I plan to start a new character who plays differently

• Options
    i'm making such a >:( face right now

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I finished the Forbidden Woods and walked into Byrgenwerth

I rescind my comment that the enemies are bland

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Man I love this game so much.

I fucking love it so much.

At first I wasn't all into the 'Van Helsing' setting they decided to go with. I thought the weapons (I only was exposed to the saw weapons before release) were dumb. But I had faith in From SOFTWARE. I had faith and they had deliver.

The fact that I'm slowly inching my way forward every corridor, worrying about what may be ahead, is proof that they nailed the atmosphere head on. I mean, what other game have me looking at the moon with both awe and worry? What other game have me looking at horrors with bafflement and awe?

Also, if you're having a hard time with bosses and sitting on a ton of insight, try dumping the insight on items or something. I accidentally brought 60 firepaper and the boss I was stuck on became a cakewalk since it didn't transform to its harder form.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    ..was that Cthulhu man eating my Insight?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    haha hell yeah, half HP cursed chalice

C O M P L E T E

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I entered cainhurst a scruffy bag person

i left a cool knight person with a crown

• Options
    THIS GAME IS SO EASY WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE HALF HEALTH

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

yuuuuuuuuuup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I entered cainhurst a scruffy bag person

i left a cool knight person with a crown

Raiding Cainhurst at the earliest possible opportunity is HIGHLY advised.

As far as skill builds go, I am finding great humor in their choice of name for the stat. For me, it's significantly harder than str, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't finding it pretty damn rewarding.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    i know there's usually like a multiplayer cap people will stop at but i can't stop leveling. every pass through a floor of a chalice dungeon is giving enough souls for a level, sometimes even two. it's nuts how many souls they're throwing at me

i'm up to 105 now and i want at least 13 more

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Anyone else having some serious connection issues right now?

Yes, firewater tried connecting with me for the last 20 minutes to no avail

I've read that both players are supposed to quit out and restart if targeted matchmaking doesn't work, but I didn't want to burn your insight testing it, especially since I knew I had to bounce.

• Options
    Does summoning just not work for Rom?

I got a guy to show up but he couldn't go through the fog until I jumped, and then as soon as I did he was only in there for a second and then just vanished

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Summoning works for Rom for sure. Maybe a connection issue?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

yuuuuuuuuuup

the area i'm going through now has those as one of the primary enemies

since being here i've gone from 65 to 43 insight

• Options
    Ooh ooh lemme guess! The Choir? It's the Choir, right?

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Just back from the in laws.

Finished the defiled chalice.

Fuck that place forever.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I am not a fan of how enemies can still smash the fuck out of you even though you've parried the attack, was that a thing in Dark Souls?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    but what did you think about the defiled chalice

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Real post: Here's why I love these games and/or why these games click with me. Post-burgerworth college spoilers:
    I'm at the point on my 2nd character where I have to kill Rom to progress. I've put it off as long as possible - like I did the Amelia fight - because I'm reluctant to engender a huge shift in the state of the world for personal reasons, especially knowing what kind of chaos and suffering it'll cause.

And yet I'm going to. I have to, sort of. I gotta drive this crazy train right off of the fucking bridge.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    does scholar of the first sin remove soul memory because that is the one singular flaw in dark souls 2

They added a ring that prevents soul gain during multiplayer so that helps I guess.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so how much insight do I need to have before
    general weird shit starts popping off

I've just killed the Vicar and started on the forest if that makes any difference

• Options
    Nightmare college lore realization!
    when the spider bro is talking about taking the leap, he's talking about killing Rom!

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    so how much insight do I need to have before
    general weird shit starts popping off

I've just killed the Vicar and started on the forest if that makes any difference

Well one of the more, uh, noticeable things happens at 40. Folks are still figuring other ones out. For instance, at 15
    the church wardens suddenly realize their lamps can fuck your shit up...

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Well I just hit 60 Insight, and

Ummmmm
    The pigs have a thousand eyes, why piggy why

Also, my theory on Insight, having beaten Micolash:
    The Hunter is either A ) in a deep sleep and suffering from a literal Nightmare, or B ) the entire world is some Matrix-level shit. Either way, the Insight is the Hunter realizing that A or B is the case, and the Nightmare/matrix is trying to fight them from escaping by making things get progressively crazier/more murderous. I'm leaning more towards A after amicolash saying he'd wake and forget everything.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    gotta say

i absolutely do not like the healing items being finite

the only arguably interesting thing it does mechanically is make souls more precious because do you spend them on leveling up or on healing items?

but you could accomplish the same overall effect by just making enemies drop fewer souls

meanwhile i've got this boss i wanna keep drilling until i can beat it but every few tries i have to go grind for blood vials

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Every time I level up I just dump the leftovers into vials. It can be annoying for sure though, especially if your not fighting enemies that drop vials.

Also, and this is conjecture, I've read that drops decrease as you spend more time in one area.

Oh and you can get runes that boost drops. Let me know if you want a spoiler for one of them.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Every time I level up I just dump the leftovers into vials. It can be annoying for sure though, especially if your not fighting enemies that drop vials.

Also, and this is conjecture, I've read that drops decrease as you spend more time in one area.

After spending a full damn day at the cathedral fighting Amelia, I can say that not a damn thing was dropping toward the end.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
This discussion has been closed.