The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i liked it but it went on like 10 minutes too long

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    i liked it but it went on like 10 minutes too long
    They were pretty clearly stalling for time so they could try and get some darkness on Bray/Taker

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm just happy that Rock called out the Terminator shilling

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
  • Options
    Yeahhhhh this is going a bit long

• Options
    Fuck yes, classic Undertaker garb

Though I wish he'd gone back to the very beginning and included the purple trim

• Options
    Eh, wasn't too crazy about the Taker/Wyatt match, though I did like the finish

Definitely the low point so far in the show

• Options
    Eh, wasn't too crazy about the Taker/Wyatt match, though I did like the finish

Definitely the low point so far in the show
    It was hampered by Bray apparently working on a sprained ankle, which happened earlier while warming up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    OKAY WRESTLEMANIA REACTIONS POST SPOILERED BECAUSE IT'LL PROBABLY BE SUPER LONG AND PROBABLY DELIRIOUS BY THE END
    wow that's a big stadium also fuck America the Beautiful, skipping ahead (although I like Aloe Blacc)

this promo with LL Cool James is pretty cool (james)

I still love this song and yeah holy fuck that stadium is big I CAN SEE NIRYA (just kidding but - oh wait fuck did he ever post the sign winners? fuck I don't want to read through the thread for fear of spoilers to find out)

STARTING WITH DANIEL BRYAN: A GOOD IDEA GOOD JOB WWE

haha holy shit in an open air stadium I have to imagine people for miles are like "what are people agreeing with??"

I STILL LOVE YOU BARRETT AND NOT JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE SUPER FUCKING HANDSOME

THAT POP FOR ZIGGLER YESSSS GO ZIGGLER IJUST PUMPED MY FIST LIKE NUTS I LOVE YO UZIGGLER ILU

I ALSO LOVE YOU LUKER HARPER ACTUALLY I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS MATCH I AM SO HYPE

hahaha I love Amrbose just fucking powerwalking down the ramp like fuck playing to the crowd he's ready to fuck a bunch of dudes (including himself) up.

hahaha this is already a ridiculous spotfest and I love it.

STARDUST WORKING THE LEGS LEAVE IT TO FUCKING CODY RHODES TO WORK PSYCHOLOGY INTO A FREE FOR ALL LADDER MATCH

OH MY GOD STARDUST'S LADDER

yooooo Barrett beating the shit out of everyone with that ladder shard

HARPER DOING THE TERRY FUNK OMG

also wtf is Harper's arm lacerated again? wtf is it with his arm and ladder matches

YOOOOOOOOO THAT SUPLEX

haha I love how Ambrose keeps just climbing up behind another guy already climbing he don't give a fuck

HOLY FUCK POWERBOMB ONTO THE LADDER i think harper just out-lunaticked Ambrose

that sleeper spot while climbing the ladder was super cool and original! especially into the modified zigzag yooo

YO ZIGGLER CAN CLIMB A LADDER FAST AS FUCK

ALSO I GOT THE WINNER RIGHT BUT I THOUGHT HE'D KNOCK BARRETT OFF THE LADDER BUT I GUESS THIS MIGHT LEAD TO A BRYAN/ZIGGLER FEUD? I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT INTO ACCOUNT. ALSO HOLY SHIT YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

that match was awesome all right.

this promo is pretty good but I still just can't buy orton as a face sorry wwe OH HEY NOW IT'S ABOUT SETH ROLLINS MUCH BETTER you know what I admit it, this feud is pretty cool in a heel vs. heel way even if they're treating Orton as a face. I can get on board with two assholes trying to outdo each other.

YO SETH'S BUMP FOR THAT CLOTHESLINE

that suicide dive was sick also Randy kinda hit the corner of the announce table, continuing his bad luck with announce tables

FUCK I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER SIGN IDEA "SETH ROLLINS IS MY PATRONUS" HE WOULD APPRECIATE IT

alternatively just "Avada Kedavra Seth Rollins"

have I mention that I love the fact he's a huge HP nerd okay

that powerslam counter to the curb stomp was pretty cool.

haha J&J starting to come to but both have rolled out of their suit coats.

THAT MOONSAULT WAS GORGEOUS although now SETH bounced off the announce table

both these guys should just avoid announce tables.

I love this trend of signs that are just giant faces. and now I wish I'd suggested a sign that's just the Kappa face.

that was a very cool setup for the rope drop ddt. I like how Seth countered it earlier so Randy had to rush it this time.

hahaha 'What an idiot!' okay that was pretty funny, King.

HOLY FUCK LANDING ON HIS FEET FRO MTHE PHOENIX SPLASH

HOLY FUCK THAT RKO COUNTER THAT WAS THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN AND I DON'T NORMALLY POP FOR THAT MOVE BUT JESUS CHRIST

also I think I got everything about that match right? so cool!

also I finished my first drink and poured a new one right before the ending. I am feeling pretty warm. and this one has more liquor than the first.

hey Ronda you're awesome and I love how much of a geek you can be too.

okay cards on the table even when I was a WCW mark and didn't watch WWF at all I never really cared much about Sting? I thought it was a cool gimmick or whatever but was never all that interested. So I'm pretty eh about this match, although it is cool to finally see him in WWE. whatever.

I still haven't seen any of Nirya's signs fuck

wait I just saw a "I'm only here for the Raw tomorrow" sign was that one of ours? I don't remember also I'm drunk.

ahahahaha I saw the spoilers but this entrance is SO FUCIKING DUMB but it's also super hilarious

OH MY GOD HOLDING BUSHELS OF ROBOT HEADS IS EXTRA STUPID HAHAHAHA OMG

did triple h just throw the mask into the hole that the one pedestal rose up from is that going to fuck up the pneumatics???

that's some serious bruising on HHH's left leg.

also I realized I could read along with the thread belatedly and just found out the signs. only two of those are acceptable. you all failed to select the correct choice.

OH MY GOD X-PAC also the NAOs I guess

really NWO reunion okay fine I guess.

Scott Hall taking a back body drop on the outside is a little alarming but I hope that means he's in decent health?

rofl the announcer's (is it Lil Naitch?) face after the Sweet Chin Music

I am .. not super enthused about this match but I guess it was inevitable it'd become more about nostalgia than anything. meh.

if you were wondering the two signs I deem acceptable that made the cut are "I was saying 'we want Miz now'" and "I thought this was NXT"

that match ended, I still don't care a whole lot? it was all right for what it was I guess, but not my thing.

also if you were wondering, the one sign I submitted that I declared the only acceptable choice was the chalkboard. duh. the fact that it did not win is a travesty and you have all failed collectively as the SE++ wrestling thread.

oh DX and the NWO facing off they're going to shake hands aren't they ,that's what they're doing, isn't it. I get it. sure. fine.

ah fuck I made a tactical mistake I didn't watch the preshow before watching the main show and now I'm caught up with the thread talking about the pre-show but now I don't know what to do ah fuck it I guess I can be spoiled for the pre-show and watch it later

also can we maybe make this promo about Daniel Bryan and not all these legends congratulating him.

okay I love the song but don't casre about this performance skipping ahead OH YAY WOMEN'S MATCH YESSS LET'S GO

yo Brie nice dropkick.

that double suplex where they bounce her off the top rope is really cool.

fuck those "nikki I'll give you babies" and "puppies" signs.

YO THAT SOMERSAULT DIVE BY PAIGE

YO PAIGE JUST THROWING HER INTO THE STAIRS

that match was good, if a bit clusterfucky at points, although I liked the psychology of how the non-legal partners were stopping the other non-legal partner from itnerfering and stuff and how AJ was kept out of the match for a while.

Should have been longer though.

... I'm about half done with this second drink and pretty drunk. all right.

wait reading through the thread I thought I was right with two RKOs but I guess it was how many Randy did not how many Seth took? I wasn't taking into account J&J. fuck.

Dex!!!!!!!!

this Rusev entrance is cool but some of those guys fucking suck at marching.

oh god one sentence into Cena's entrance video and I'm already pissed.

I think I hate America???

well I definitely hate jingoism.

RUSEV IS SO GOOD.

i don't know why but that "Edmonton supports Rusev" sign makes me laugh.

hahaha it's hard to tell who the bigger heel is sometimes in this match.

yo that diving tornado ddt was pretty cool, good job John.

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK THE TRADING PUNCHES SPOT AND THEY'RE BOOING CENA AND CHEERING RUSEV

CENA HAS OVERCOME THE ODDS TO BECOME THE HEEL AGAINST THE RUSSIAN SUPER VILLAIN.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT FUCKING FLYING KNEE GODDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

hahahahaha Lana throwing her shoe is that.. is that supposed to be a commentary on that thing where some dude threw a shoe at Bush? or am I just drunk enough to make unnecessary connections? (but seriously it made no sense???? but was hilarious so idk whatever)

YO RUSEV THAT TOP ROPE DIVE (also Cole going on and on about how we've never seen him go to the top rope, I can't remember it either but that's such a perfect setup for Botchamania, isn't it?)

HAHAHAHA DID CENA JUST DO A FUCKING PWG SPOT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG

hahahaha I love that guy in the front row with the "ASK HIM!" sign with pictures of various submissions while Rusev has the Accolade on.

Cena's STF still sucks.

omg Lana nooooo (that bump had to be HELL on her ankles in heels fuck)

Cena won, what a shock. I'm just surprised he didn't make Rusev tap honestly. (which is what I predicted.) But facetious (heh) nitpicking aside it was a very good match!!

Steph and HHH in ring, just finished second drink (unrelated) pouring another which is a TERRIBLE idea

ilu steph.

hey Rock are you about to say something that pisses me off (probably) i still love the guitar riff in your theme though

HAHAHAHA STEPH ILU

born in the east bay i mean I know water births are a thing but that seems insanitary...

... now kiss.

he said it, checkmark in bingo card (I don't actually have a bingo card) (we should have made bingo cards) (can we start making bingo cards???)

do you actually write checkmarks on bingo cards or do you draw Xs or.. like I know there are those pens that make a big circular mark is that the standard...

YO STEPH DROPPING A TRUTH BOMB

and then getting in Rocky's face with an amazing face

Stephanie McMahon: secret feminist.

not so secret amazing person.

dick joke??? what does that even

that didn't even make sense?

oh unless I guess because he impregnated Linda?

that's low even for the Rock

YES STEPH CALL HIM OUT ON IT.

"CATCHA YA LATER, DWAYNE" I LOVE YOU STEPH YOU ARE THE GREATEST

LIKE I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF LONG TALKING SEGMENTS ON RAW, LET ALONE ON PPVS, LET ALONE ON WRESTLEMANIA BUT STEPH IS SO GOO-- OMFG

OMFG RONDAAAAAAAA
    also her shirt is amazing holy shit

yo Ronda's little grin after saying 'make me'.

of course Rock had to make a misogynistic insult in there

BUT FUCK IT RONDA JUST JUDO THREW HHH BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

this bray/ut match is pretty good but my stream is starting to do weird shit, it'll like pause then play the past 10 seconds of audio before catching up but it like jumps ahead abit when it does.

yo that.. suplex thing was sick, I liked the senton too. I liove bray

ut doing the cutthroat gesture with that neck tatoo looks like he's tracing it

yoooo breaking the countout by going into the crab was sick THEN THE SITUP THAT WAS AWESOME

"pounding the life out of the deadman" hahaha I hope that was intentional, Cole.

well I got that match wrong and that probabyl cost me the pick'ems title fuck you wee :(:(:(:'(

oh well I guess dex and mallory both picked Bray too all right. but I still think I've lost already so.. ffcuck i'm never going to get another title shot again i failed like always :(

i took a break to drink some water during that match, back to liquor.

... unrelated. i swear.

AND FUCK MALLORY JUST SAID SHE PICKED ROMAN TOO FUCK. I WAS HOPING THEY'D BOTH BE SWAYED BY BROCK'S RESIGNING AND ME PICKING ROMAN WOULD SET ME APART.

i liked the footage of Brock's college wrestling in this promo.

oh god i am so drunk and have to finish this drink and also make it through this match.

haha roman just striahgt up pushed a fan out of his face. #face

lol at alll the people going for firstbumps, they too recognize his incredible abilit yto nolook fistbump.

hahahaha that was such a blatant "champions-yeah" that she has to be doing it knowingly, right? like it has to be a troll.

brock looks like a fucking caged animal about to have his door opened.

GODDAMN IT JBL JUST CALLED HIM A CAGED ANIMAL LIKE 10 SECONDS LATER FUCK

HOLT FUCKING SHIT BROCK

ALSO HE CUT HIMSELF WHEN HE DROVE ROMAN INTO THE CORNER I THINK? THAT'S HJOW SAVAGE HE IS RIGHT NOW

HE'S FUCKING FERAL

THE RELEASE FISHERMAN YOOOOO

AHAHAHAHA HEYAMN COUNTING THE SUPLEXES

HAHAHAHA I HATE THE WORD B**** BUT "SUPLEX CITY, B*****" MADE ME FUCKING CHOKE ON LAUGHTER

ALSO HEYMAN'S REACTIONS ARE INCREDIBLE

FUCK THOSE CONTACTS not only is it SUPER RACIST but they're actually clouding Roman's gorgeous eyes

YO THAT FOREARM KNOCKING ROMAN OFF THE APRON INTO THE BARRICADE

THEN THE SLOWMO REPLAY OF THAT KNEE

THIS RULES

THAT FUCKING LARIAT ON THE APRON

holy shit that was a fucking SNAP SUPLEX that tossed him across the ring

I typed 'snape suplex' at first which now I wantr to be a thing?

WHOA THAT FUCKING OVERHEAD BELLY TO BELLY OVER THE ROPES JESUS

okay if they're doing what I think they're doing, Ijust... don't think Roman is the right guy to push this whole "takes a lot of punishment, comes back every time" thing. he hasn't "earned" it in any kayfabe sense. Like, Dean Ambrose can do that, because his character has earned it. Mick Foley could. Roman Reigns, who's been booked so strong, can't, really. imo.

whoa did Lesnar get busted open hardway? that was.. odd. the camera zoomed in on it so quickly, and everything about it looked planned (plus the way the announcers reacted to it), but he didn't seem to blade? how did they do that? huh. I'm fairly certain it has to be a work but that was a clever bit of Hollywood trickery if so. maybe? idk idk

YO CATCHING ROMAN OUT OF THE SUPERMAN PUNCH INTO THAT FUCKING VICIOUS ASS F5 YOOOO.

HOLY FUCK SETH ROLLINS YESSSSSSSSS OMFG

DOES THE BRIEFCASE EVEN WORK THAT WAY? THIS IS GOING TO BE REVERSED TOMORROW SOMEHOW ISN'T IT? AND THAT FUCKS MY PICKS UP IN EVERY WAY

I DON' TEVEN FUCKING CARE THAT WAS HYPE FUCK YES SETH!!!!!

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I'M DRUNK AND HYPE

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    SO FUN FACT WHILE POSTING THOSE THINGS I DID EARLIER I WAS BEING SUPER CAREFUL TO NOT READ ANY POSTS (OTHER THAN THE ONE MALLORY TAGGED ME IN) BUT I DID SEE THAT TWEET FROM SETH SYAING HE'S MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA SOME DAY

SO WHEN HE APPEARED I ASSUMED THAT TWEET WAS LIKE 'IT WASN'T MY TIME, BUT IT WILL BE SOON' AND HE WAS GOING TO LOSE

OMGFG

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    This is literally the first minute of the Lesnar/Reigns fight

http://youtu.be/b-JQD15xtL0

• Options

as awesome as this is I had a moment of panic he was going to lose his grip and kill some kid in the audience.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »

as amazing as mania was, i sort of wish it slipped out of his hands here

hgahahahaha fuck I guess me and @Hullis have different priorities.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Facetious, the chalkboard actually got a ton of votes but it was pretty unfeasible to make into a sign.

And also I had final call on the signs sooooooo the whole thing was all for nothing byeeeeee.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    yo if I haven't been retired we are now in a feud over the fact that you didn't like my sign

• Options
    I kind of suspected that might be the case!!!

I actually was 10000% aware that it was not a feasible sign.

but it was still the correct choice good job everyone the wrestling thread can continue to exist. we have appeased our own consciences.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    the other two were in the upper tier. but not the s-tier like the ones I cited.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I now regret not submitting "Seth Rollins Is My Patronus" as a sign though.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
  • Options
    Hullis wrote: »

... I never noticed Bryce's twitter username.

I love you, Bryce.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    anyways this is my most popular tweet of all time which has taught be that if I want to be twitter famous I have to make wrestling puns forever

• Options
    edited March 2015
    That was a really great main event

Lesnar never lost his dominance since he was never pinned, Reigns is only gonna come out of this looking stronger, and they avoided both the foregone conclusion of a Lesnar win or the Reigns win that would have negated Lesnar's Undertaker/Cena dominance last year

I think this is pretty handily the best Mania, unseating my previous pick of WrestleMania X

Not even from a booking perspective, I thought Reigns did really well

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    no but can we talk some more about the Vaudevillains being boyfriends.

the SHIELD will forever be my wrestling OT3 but they are definitely my OTP

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    wrestling is really good, you guys

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Reigns was great in that match you guys... Hope he gets some kind of ovation on raw... Doubt it though... That crowd is going to be 100% IWC

• Options
    Maybe my favorite thing about the main event, besides the glory that is WWE Champion Seth Rollins, is that I get to like Roman again!

Like, I want to like him but he was absolutely not working as the mega babyface he was being pushed to be and the fucking stiff-ass blows he was raining down on Brock and the general attitude he had while entering seemed to be a lot more like the kinda jerkish character he should be

Let him be cocky and laugh and smile while getting beaten up and then deck motherfuckers and spear them in half and the fans will follow

Just don't make him do Sufferin' Succotash again, WWE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    So I didn't watch Wrestlemaina, can anyone disabuse me of my pre Wrestlemanina prediction which was
    Me wrote:

Sting is going over clean.

If Sting doesn't go over clean as a whistle then Wrestlemania, nay, all wrestling is ruined. Forever.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    zllehs wrote: »
    Reigns was great in that match you guys... Hope he gets some kind of ovation on raw... Doubt it though... That crowd is going to be 100% IWC
    I think he put on a good enough show that he won't be actively booed as long as they don't immediately start pushing him to the big spot again

Dude was throwing some brutal haymakers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So I didn't watch Wrestlemaina, can anyone disabuse me of my pre Wrestlemanina prediction which was
    Me wrote:

Sting is going over clean.

If Sting doesn't go over clean as a whistle then Wrestlemania, nay, all wrestling is ruined. Forever.
    HHH pinned Sting

But Seth Rollins is the WWE Champ after an awesome Lesnar/Reigns brawl so your second part was wrong

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that match went far beyond Sting going over or anyone

it became a Monday Night Wars flash mob that told the story through run-ins

• Options
    edited March 2015
    So Sheamus or Ziggler are totally going to be Bryan's first big IC feud. Probably Sheamus.

Who the hell is Cena gonna go up against? It is such a weird situation because he usually only goes up against your Ortons and Lesnars but now here he is with the US belt and living in the midcard

I'm trying to think of Mid/Upper card heels and they all seem like weird fits or just insanely boring:
    Luke Harper
    Stardust
    Bad News Barrett
    Kane
    Big Show
    Miz
    Bray Wyatt

And then the lower card dudes like:
    Fandango
    Alex Riley (Who is face now I guess?)
    Bo Dallas
    Curtis Axel
    Adam Rose

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also hats off to Vince McMahon and Dana White for being able to work a deal to get Rhonda to do something at mania.

ESPECIALLY after the recent dealings with CM Punk and Brock Lesnar

• Options
    Well, presumably Rusev, for at least one more ppv

• Options
    Well, presumably Rusev, for at least one more ppv
    Yeah I guess although I'm not super interested in that for a third time in a row, personally

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The lazy path seems Big Show/Cena since Show does his whole 'merica schtick too

But please god no

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Ok so I only watched pre-show so far because this is long.

Cesaro looked amazing. The gold/white looked really good on him, and I think he does body builder esque cuts before PPVs or something. Really can't phantom that Vince doesn't like him. Also somewhere in the preshow they called Ryback the strongest guy pound-for-pound which made me sad. Nattie gets a crazier costume every month which is great.

The tag match was a pretty good opener. High spots, chaotic, getting an Uso out early. It sucked that Ref was actually doing just about the best he could and the commentators getting confused and blaming the official for the chaos. Happy Cesaro/Kidd won.

Bo's little Bo-tee actually changes his appearance a lot. He looks both more mature and more like an asshole. I love that the crowd chanted for Hideo, who isn't even particularly over in NXT. A little crowd push. The little callback of Miz really wanting to eliminate Riley was unusual for WWE, they actually remembered old storylines. Miz having the studded inverted W logo on his pants and Mizdow having a faded blue version is great. In general the Battle Royal was very obviously way more worked out than previously. It didn't start with the usual "5 minutes of random eliminations" and instead had cool little spots that built up the final competitors. Obviously not the finish I wanted but I think it's 50% "we want a giant winner" "30% Big Show hasn't won anything in a long time" and "20% Vince Middle-Finger"

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Rumor has it that Neville and Callisto will be the call ups tonight

• Options
    I would not be surprised at all if the Lucha Dragons showed up on Raw

They've already done Superstars matches and are basically good to go at any moment

I'd be more surprised if Neville gets called up but not terribly so. He's done all he can in NXT and needs to move on.

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.