As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Daredevil] is a Man Without A Tv Show

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    They don't HAVE to do that (though they obviously did); as you pointed out Liam Neeson. I now wish they had stuck to the Vietnam vet, damnit.

They better live up to the Punisher in my head now going not that way! See what you've done, Kipling!

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Now that we have casting for Punisher, we just need to wait until we find out who will be playing Elektra and Bullseye.

Also confirmation that Fisk will be back.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Now that we have casting for Punisher, we just need to wait until we find out who will be playing Elektra and Bullseye.

I think I would be happy with just the Punisher.

I didn't like Fisk, and Elektra and Bullseye have never done much for me.

But I really like the idea of casting the Frank as a villain, and Jon Bernthal is an excellent choice.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

But I really like the idea of casting the Frank as a villain, and Jon Bernthal is an excellent choice.

I'm still baffled that some people didn't like Fisk. He was central to the success of the first season! I'd be completely shocked if they didn't bring him back for the second season; at this point, his fate and Matt's are intertwined.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I would assume they just swap Vietnam for Iraq.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Fisk was amazing and arguably the best part about season 1.

Now that they have Matt and Fisk established, I feel that they need to introduce Bullseye and Elektra. Both are integral to Matt's story and I think it's time to introduce them. Plus Bullseye becoming Fisk's go to assassin would make for an interesting bad guy. You could also tie him into Punisher and make him be behind the death of Frank's family. Then have Matt and Frank clash as to how to handle him.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I'm fine with any/all the above...

As long as I get to see Frank wear his other shirt.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Nice reason for the non-white suit.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Double post.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty much what we've been speculating all along. He doesn't wear the suit because he's not "The Kingpin" yet.

• Options

I'm still baffled that some people didn't like Fisk. He was central to the success of the first season! I'd be completely shocked if they didn't bring him back for the second season; at this point, his fate and Matt's are intertwined.

I thought the performance was as hammy as D'Onofrio's jowls and the world-building of the character and his empire made almost zero sense.

Also, the DD costume looks like a Schumacher bat-suit.

• Options

I thought the performance was as hammy as D'Onofrio's jowls and the world-building of the character and his empire made almost zero sense.

Yeah, we've had the conversation before. I'm just surprised that some people still feel that way after all the discussions. I feel that everything pretty much made sense by the end of season 1. Even the dumb looking devilsuit.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty much what we've been speculating all along. He doesn't wear the suit because he's not "The Kingpin" yet.

I did love Vannessa's story about "some guy in a white suit and purple ascot" that once tried to pick her up. Even my mom cracked up at that saying "isn't that his normal outfit?"

Glad she married a comic book guy. Saves me from having to explain details every time we talk.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Its not so much the Vietnam war part as it is the idea that the Punisher has been doing his thing for 40 years!

As in decades of experience and a body count in the hundreds, having face every kind of foe across the world. A living legend of a man that has dedicated his life to eliminate criminals. Daredevil is about a young vigilante at the start of his career, what better opponent then one close to the end?

Plus it would fill out the MCU, proving that vigilantes have been around for a while.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »

Its not so much the Vietnam war part as it is the idea that the Punisher has been doing his thing for 40 years!

As in decades of experience and a body count in the hundreds, having face every kind of foe across the world. A living legend of a man that has dedicated his life to eliminate criminals. Daredevil is about a young vigilante at the start of his career, what better opponent then one close to the end?

Plus it would fill out the MCU, proving that vigilantes have been around for a while.

I've seen this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »

If Punisher served in Afghanistan then he could still have been doing his thing for at least a decade. Even longer if he served in the Yugoslav wars.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Sometimes I just don't understand you at all.

• Options

You should have left it two pages ago, so we could comment on having four people leaving it at once, instead of just three.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Just finished season 1

So when is season 2 gonna be out? WHEN

• Options
    Good question: WHEN??

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    A considerable time later.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »

AFTER.

• Options
    What is this, a game release?!?!

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

AFTER.

BEFORE

(the heat death of the universe, probably)

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I wouldn't expect to see a new season for a year. Maybe more since they weren't expecting to get a 2nd season and have to get JJ, IF and the big teamup out.

• Options

I'm like a sexy female Anton Ego

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

AFTER.

BEFORE

(the heat death of the universe, probably)

BETWEEN

(other universes already have it)

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

So all we need is to find a rodent who can direct to show your jaded heart can still find wonder?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

So all we need is to find a rodent who can direct to show your jaded heart can still find wonder?
    Rat-auteur-ie? I got nothin'.

I like to imagine that Atomika chews on films, and spits them out in displeasure.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Totoro?

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect to see a new season for a year. Maybe more since they weren't expecting to get a 2nd season and have to get JJ, IF and the big teamup out.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_bernthal_cast_as_frank_castle_in_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_daredevil
    Jon Bernthal (“Wolf of Wall Street,” “The Walking Dead, ” “Fury”) joins the upcoming season of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming only on Netflix in 2016!

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Totoro?

Seen it. Didn't work.

• Options

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_bernthal_cast_as_frank_castle_in_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_daredevil
    Jon Bernthal (“Wolf of Wall Street,” “The Walking Dead, ” “Fury”) joins the upcoming season of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming only on Netflix in 2016!

Harry, you're late to the game. This is old news, announced seven or eight years ago.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Harry, you're late to the game. This is old news, announced seven or eight years ago.

He's posting it for the guy who was certain that it would still be a full year or more before we get more Daredevil

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

He's posting it for the guy who was certain that it would still be a full year or more before we get more Daredevil

If it premiered in Dec 2016 it would be more than a year. What's your point?

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Netflix shows are generally on a 12 month schedule.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Is a year no longer 12 months? Im so confused here.

January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, Smarch. Thirteen, same as always.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Is a year no longer 12 months? Im so confused here.

January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, Smarch. Thirteen, same as always.

Lousy Smarch weather.