As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Stealing Hearts & Streams

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Iirc burning petals is multi-target ragnarok

Meanwhile poor chie got a support spell she can only cast like twice and not, say, hassou tobi

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Man, that skill is amazing in every situation, and costs so much.

Fortunately, Rainy Death crits like every time, on demand.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I mean it's heat riser for the entire party and that's great, dont get me wrong, but she literally can only cast it twice!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Basically arguing about which party members are the best is sort of pointless in Golden because no matter who you pick it is so easy to become way OP

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Basically arguing about which party members are the best is sort of pointless in Golden because no matter who you pick it is so easy to become way OP

idgaf

unlimited powah

9LgpX.jpg

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Maragi & co. are super good in One More. You never run out of SP. Infinite All-Outs.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The problem with using Yosuke in your party is that the character personality wise is a piece of shit teenager with little redeeming qualities until/if he matures and grows up. :P

Kanji, Chie, and Yukiko mang.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Naoto gets a wonderful "No" button for major boss attacks, and all the dynes...

Still not Yukiko/Chie.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Naoto is great for helping murder metal slimes golden hands

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Also, Naoto is a pro at keeping the bench nice and warm.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    I mean it's heat riser for the entire party and that's great, dont get me wrong, but she literally can only cast it twice!

That's why I started using the SP restoring items I'd been hoarding all game.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Is Youthful Wind some Golden thing, or just something I missed because I never used Yosuke, like, ever?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    It's a Golden thing

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Bit late on this, but a screenshot in (I think) Famitsu showed that Anne has healing skills (Dia, specifically).

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    The problem with using Yosuke in your party is that the character personality wise is a piece of shit teenager with little redeeming qualities until/if he matures and grows up. :P

Hey. . .

Look, Yosuke may not be the most effective team member. He may not be the smartest guy, as evidenced by the many scenes in which he is the last train squealing its brakes into logic station, expressing unmeasurable surprise at revelations that the player figured out a dozen hours ago. He may not be the best looking, or the strongest or the best at healing. He may be a piece of shit without any redeeming qualities. But one fact is undeniable- Yosuke has brown hair. And in the end, isn't that what counts?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU-5waumsb8

First look at the dub VAs for Dagda, as well as Flynn.

qUjf1AI.jpg
    PQ8coHs.jpg
    7aVcVUX.jpg
    jWtZLuV.jpg
    Dagda sounds dang familiar...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Given that the sky above Tokyo doesn't have a barrier in that trailer, and Flynn is in the center of that image, I guess we know what the canon ending to 4 is.

• Options
    I thought the canon ending to 4 is getting lost as soon as you get to Tokyo and then that's where the story stops.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Given that the sky above Tokyo doesn't have a barrier in that trailer, and Flynn is in the center of that image, I guess we know what the canon ending to 4 is.

One of the other teasers shows the barrier being erected by Masakado.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The Atlus mythology videos have all gone private, but I was thinking of translating them since it's unlikely Atlus USA will(though I'd love to be surprised). Does anyone happen to know a mirror for the fifth one, Lucifer?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    They're doing the retail exclusive pre-order armors thing again. GameStop/Amazon/BestBuy

GameStop_EB_thumb.jpg

Amazon_Amazon.ca_thumb.jpg

BestBuy_thumb.jpg

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    They're doing the retail exclusive pre-order armors thing again. GameStop/Amazon/BestBuy

That Amazon skin is pretty ugly. But since they sell the preorder at a discount if you're a Prime member, I'll view the ugliness as a testament to savings.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

That Amazon skin is pretty ugly. But since they sell the preorder at a discount if you're a Prime member, I'll view the ugliness as a testament to savings.

If it's anything like the first game you'll replace them like 10mins into the game.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Yosuke can take solace that he is at least a better character than teddie

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Psh, the Amazon skin is an outfit made out of cardboard boxes. That's awesome.

And the Best Buy skin is probably supposed to look like a BB employee, but it just looks like a Vault Dweller to me.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Psh, the Amazon skin is an outfit made out of cardboard boxes. That's awesome.

And the Best Buy skin is probably supposed to look like a BB employee, but it just looks like a Vault Dweller to me.

That sounds like a better selling point than Best Buy employee, though.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I'm getting closer and closer to 100%ing SMT4.

I marvel at some of these bizarre design choices.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the fact that these are actually retailer themed is intensely weird

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    the fact that these are actually retailer themed is intensely weird

They did the same thing with SMT4.

smt4_1.png

• Options
    The Amazon suit in SMT IV: Final is extra flammable. The Gamestop suit reduces your Macca gain by 10%. And the Best Buy geek squad suit raises your INT by 5, but reduces your CHA by 25.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    To buy out (i.e. purchase one of each weapon/gun/armor piece) in the Ginza black card shopping district, you need at least 10 million Macca. Even with the Macca DLC, that's 4-5+ hours of grinding (about 750k per 20 minutes).

Fuck you, SMT4.

edit: Correction, you need WAY more than 10 mil.

Drez on
  • Options
    OmnibusOmnibus Registered User regular
    Make sure you're not on Master difficulty, that causes prices to go up, too.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm on normal of whatever but I'll check when I get back upstairs, thanks.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm legit excited.

Been awhile since I've had a fun turn based jrpg.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    My NG+ playthrough of SMT4 is kind of a casual speedrun. I think the narrative makes more sense this way.

It's still terribly difficult to speedrun since the game world is so confusing.

Drez on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    I just started up my run of smt4, never finished it

i guess theres no way to confirm which ending youll get without using a guide

so ill just yolo it and see which i get. thankfully none of them seem to have less content than the others? (except the messiah one)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    I just started up my run of smt4, never finished it

i guess theres no way to confirm which ending youll get without using a guide

so ill just yolo it and see which i get. thankfully none of them seem to have less content than the others? (except the messiah one)

Uh, not true. :P You miss a ton of content if you don't go Neutral, sadly.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes, Neutral has the most content.

eh I'm just bitter about some of the grind toward 100%. It's a good game.

Drez on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Neutral is always the right choice.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
This discussion has been closed.