As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    huh. so cool little thing i found.

If you click the Quests and Missions statue from Home, there is a Blue icon near the top of that menu. Click it and it opens the My Nintendo rewards stuff from there.

You can turn in the quests to earn points there, as well as redeem them directly from the game.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    This title screen song is some pretty bad Engrish. And the inescapable error I keep seeing rather than the game downloading data like it's supposed to is a bad look.

What a shock, Nintendo unprepared for the demands of launch. (Pffft)

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I've downloaded the game roughly 60 times today without an error.

Then I decided to give up and use nox but ya. I dunno. Servers seem fine to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    So, I've been getting a decent run considering I still don't have Robin or Lucina (and yes, I am antsy for that, thanks for asking.)

Five star Roy and Hawkeye, four stars for Severa, Gaius, Caeda, and Raven. Nice little pool for day one with no spending.

But man. I hope there's a get Robin or Lucina day soon. Even one star. You can level up a one star.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    So Stamina gets chewed through much more quickly once you start doing the campaign on Lunatic.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Didn't have any trouble downloading FE: Heroes, but my nearly three year old phone is crashing repeatedly, on the second tutorial map. It seems kind of crazy that this game would be what would cause me to want to upgrade, since it's been reliable for everything else I use it for. (Though I can't say I use my phone for anything heavy, actually.) Hmm.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Got Lyn. Don't care that the other two are characters I don't give two craps about. I gave up a 5* Roy and 4* Tiki (Awakening/Adult version) on the same roll for Lyn and there's zero regrets.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It's probably worth somebody knowledgeable making a thread for FE:Mmobile.

Until that point, somebody explain what the feathers are for, whether I should use my xp shards to level up anybody or whether they are best saved for when/if I draw a five star unit and what governs people coming to see me in my castle

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    P7cQwvJ.jpg?1

Would've preferred a 5-star unit of another color since I already have Lyn and the pull is otherwise pretty bad, but hey, not gonna complain about 5-star Lucina.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Until that point, somebody explain what the feathers are for, whether I should use my xp shards to level up anybody or whether they are best saved for when/if I draw a five star unit and what governs people coming to see me in my castle

Feathers are a way to increase a unit's stars once they hit level 20. Since 5 stars are good enough to roll through the tower and get to level 20 on their own, better to use them on units you need strong right now. And I have no idea, but they probably have to be your friend.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Is this where we are talking about Fire Emblem Heroes? There is a friends list.

Add me: GruntsGhosts ID: 3313961137

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    So things I've discovered so far.

This might be obvious, but do all your summoning at once. 20 orbs will allow you to clean out all five stones.

You get 15 free orbs for starting, two for free each day for the first week. You can get a further 10 for linking your My Nintendo account and completing a mission on each difficulty for the first time will also reward you with one.

Visit the Training Tower each day as the reward crystals change type each day. You also receive a badge of the same colour for the first time you beat it each day. On weekends the reward is universal shards, which can level up any character. Beating chapters 1,2,3,6 and 9 will unlock the various levels (and higher difficulties) to level your characters.

Hit up the Arena three times a day with the three daily Duel Swords you get. At the end of the season it looks like you'll get assigned a rank based on the points you accumulated and receive feathers in exchange, which are required to boost character rarity.

Upgrading your castle gives a permanent 20% experience boost to all your characters. The orb cost for doing so doubles each time. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 (presumably, I've only taken it to 60% so far)

Merging a character gives a certain amount of SP (40 seems to be the number when you're feeding a three star character into another)

Sending a unit home rewards a small number of feathers.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sign in bonus today gives 10 stamina potions.

Stamina costs for the training battles is halved now. Good news!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The World Launch Celebration campaign just went live:
    The amount of stamina required to play maps in the Training Tower will be cut in half
    The amount of stamina required to equip skills will be reduced to 0

Of course this starts half an hour after I spent like 40 stamina on the Training Tower :rotate:

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Yay Fire Emblem! So, my rerolls to get something decent last night ended up with a reroll getting me a 5-Star Lucina, 5-Star Nowi, 4-Star 4-Star Merric, and 4-Star Est. It was a good roll.

My friend ID is 2896819963. I accept all friend requests and have sent some out.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Something to put in the OP maybe - image of all current characters in Heroes, sorted by the game they're originally from

(spoilered for size)
    7BT3Apg.png

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I've downloaded the game roughly 60 times today without an error.

Then I decided to give up and use nox but ya. I dunno. Servers seem fine to me.

I mean... I feel like enthusiasts hitting the download 60 times might have had SOMETHING to do with the rampant error messages. What do you think.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    dporowski wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea what a Fire Emblem is, but I like Nintendo stuff, and I like my phone, and I like free things to twiddle on the bus.

Will the utter lack of familiarity with FE bite me here, or as long as I know from the gacha kind of games, star ranks, etc I should be fine?

Do you like Final Fantasy Tactics, or the Disgea series? Its that kind of strategy game. You don't have to know the characters, (I'm only kinda passingly familier with a few of them myself), but the gameplay seems solid enough to make me want to play it.

So is there a site anywhere with character evaluations? I kinda have no idea whats really good right now outside of the star ranking.

BTW, how do you change your 'friend' character?

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    This 0 RNG Fire Emblem is my jam. I want an option to play like this from now on :O

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    azith28 wrote: »

So is there a site anywhere with character evaluations? I kinda have no idea whats really good right now outside of the star ranking.

BTW, how do you change your 'friend' character?

There was a tier list floating around yesterday about 2 hours after the game was released that is based on some datamining, but I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

Generally, characters with more stars have higher stats and seems to have better growth rates as well. Perhaps even more important than stats are skills - and characters with high stars often have unique skills or at least unique skill combinations.

Healers are really good - not only because they can heal, obviously, but because they have excellent skills. For example, my Clarine has a purple skill that increases the speed of all of my characters by 4 for one turn when she heals someone.

Dragonkin / manaketes are also really good because they can counter at any range.

The character that your friends see is the one in the leftmost slot of your current team.

Maz- on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I don't understand this summoning system at all. Like, I understand that I can activate up to 5 balls for a discount. A discount on what? And do the balls do anything? The documentation and tutorial on this system is pretty much nothing. I ended up summoning like 5 dudes at once but I have no idea if I did it right or if there even is a "right." Is this just a situation where you want 20 orbs and then you summon 5 dudes at a time? Because that's kinda how it felt to me.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Some random person with a Japanese name sent me a friend request... I accepted because, hey, why not? But I wonder how they found me.

Anyway, my ID is 4572235830 if anyone wants to be FE buds. Do we have a friend list doc?

[edit] Mystery solved. You can friend request anyone after you battle their team in PVP.

ThePantsAssociation on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I don't understand this summoning system at all. Like, I understand that I can activate up to 5 balls for a discount. A discount on what? And do the balls do anything? The documentation and tutorial on this system is pretty much nothing. I ended up summoning like 5 dudes at once but I have no idea if I did it right or if there even is a "right." Is this just a situation where you want 20 orbs and then you summon 5 dudes at a time? Because that's kinda how it felt to me.

There are two things at play in discount, Discount and Bonus. The discount is that for each set of five, the number of orb each summon costs is reduced. The first costs 5 orbs, the second, third, and fourth each cost 4 orbs, and the last summoning costs 3 orbs, bringing the total to 20 orbs for five summons if you summon the whole set. If you summon one, quit, re-enter and summoning again for a total of 5 summons, the total cost would be 25 orbs.

The bonus is that for each summon you do (including over multiple sets) you get a bonus .5% chance to summon a 5-Star character until you summon a 5-Star. So, if you do 5 summons, the drop rate for 5-Stars would increase from 3% to 5.5% on your sixth summon.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Humm. so i have some orbs to do a 5 summon. The only 5 star i have is effie, who is doing great...but i dont have a good healer, and my ranged is kinda meh. which of the gatchas would you suggest, the legendary heroes or the other focus?

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    If you need range go for the focus that has the archer dude. He's supposedly amazing.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    which one is that?
    nm i guess its tikumi

azith28 on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Focus: Deep Devotion. Takumi is the archer dude who has a rate up on it.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I got this last night!

It is super fun. I spent my first 15 orbs trying to get Camilla, I ended up with:
    a 4 star archer
    a 4 star healer
    a 4 star dancer/swordsman

Pretty good haul for a starting team to start knocking stuff down. How do I add friends for this?

Also, apparently my apple account thinks my name is sqddddddddd. Not sure how that one happened.

Edit: My friend list ID is 9132394346

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    oh shit, pulled a donnal.... does he become as OP as he was in his game? lol

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    This 0 RNG Fire Emblem is my jam. I want an option to play like this from now on :O

Oh, are stat increases on level ups not random? That would be a nice bit of relief.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular

Oh, are stat increases on level ups not random? That would be a nice bit of relief.

Alas, I believe that is still random.

• Options
    They are random, but I've heard that the total amount of stat gains for any given unit of the same rarity are the same. So, for example, one player's level 40 5-star Lyn might have more speed than another player's level 40 5-star Lyn, but their defense might be higher, and their total amount of stats are the same.

I'm not 100% sure that's the case though, it probably requires more testing.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Rerolled once and pulled a 5* Hector. I really want Lyn but I'm guessing she's super hard to find. Oh well, off I go.

ID: 6540111505

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    hum. did some pulls. got a maria and raven at 5*, a robin at 3*.
    Game is not friendly to battery life on an iphone...

azith28 on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular

To me it seems that each unit has a preset level up plan, with gacha units having several preset plans for different final stat builds they follow.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Aegis wrote: »
    Oh, have you gone to My Nintendo and clicked on the redeem for the 10 orbs? They'll show up in the Owl after that.

Nope but found it, thanks.

@No Great Name where did you find it?

Found it. Go to the quest screen, and click the button at the top right.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I'll get a rudimentary thread up and running after I put the kiddo down for a nap. PM me anything good for the OP.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Alright, got Clarine up to level 20, and I got enough badges already to raise her to 4 stars as well. Now I just need this damn arena season to end so that I can get enough feathers.

• Options
    I added everyone on the spreadsheet. Although it looks like @Grunt's Ghosts code is one digit too long.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Earned enough orbs to do a full set of pulls and for 4* Roy and 5* Caeda. They both seem pretty useful.