As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner - Neuromancer the card game!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    *pulls up rolodex.exe and makes a phone call*

"Yes, Ms. Mills, we'll be needing you to come in Saturday. Yes, I know that's your day off, there's a priority building we need you to... renovate. They seem to be harboring some wanted criminals to boot, so bonus."

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I mean, if you have 8 to avoid tags, you probably have enough to just beat the trace, right? It's nice to have that option, though.

I think it's easy for the corp to have more credits than the runner, between the inherent economic advantage of modern asset spam, all the great corporate money operations of each faction, and ICE/Agendas that are net profitable.

The credit economy, especially corporate economy, seems to be the only real source of "power creep" in Netrunner expansions. I think the new block will attempt to address this, like that previewed Shaper card, but we'll see.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh, looks like the Championship decks are finally coming out.

Better late than never, I guess.

I imagine they're both illegal now, which is pretty funny.

Took my Kate stealth deck out of mothballs last night and updated it with new sexiness like Freedom Through Equality, some Indexing to leverage that into a win, a Turning Wheel for HQ pressure that saves me a point of influence over Legwork, and some Sports Hoppers instead of Plascrete. It performed OK against a couple of Sync decks, but man is Hard-Hitting News a pain in the neck. The stealth rig doesn't care so much about closed accounts, because it runs on recurring credits, but 12 to clear the tags next turn is brutal, and I ended up floating tags that of course cost me the game when I stole some decent agendas. It was close, though, but I may well need to slot some tag protection because the Sync deck is so good it's likely to be everywhere.

Also, because it's time to relive the good old days of 2015, I put together an RP deck for lols, facing a brutal Val Siphon/Keyhole deck. I killed him with a Philotic when he was on 1 card and got a bit greedy with the siphons, but probably only won because I had five agendas in hand for most of the game and his Keyholes kept turning up blank. The other one beat my rush HB deck I'm hoping will do similar work to the NEH Racecar deck I loved so much. So far it's not as good, which isn't surprising, but hey ho.

Advanced Assembly Lines is so good. Stick one down, gain one, the runner runs it, you rez it, gain two, trash it, install another one, gain one, the runner runs that, you rez it, gain two, trash it, etc. Glorious hedge fund money on their turn that denies them successful runs.

I'm pretty sure they were illegal before they were even announced

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Runner deck was not illegal -- it has zero cards on the original MWL.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    But more importantly who gives af. Those full art cards are sick.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

The biggest issue with the runner deck was that the Pavillion was not unique at the time, so making it so took a lot of the wind out of that deck. Now with the new MWL changes it is also not legal for tournaments.

That said, I'm kind of okay with both of the World Championship decks not being tournament legal anymore. Makes people innovate and find new strategies, rather than just copying what was played.

• Options
    yeah I'm deffo still buying them

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah the full art cards make it worth it for me

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'm really sad that fun Weyland is going to suffer horribly if a lot of NBN tag catches on and people preempt them. :( I really loved my Blue Sun deck and desperately want to see it improve with some of these new cards.
    *fingers crossed*

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I'm goofing around with Consulting Visit / Localized Product Line / Grail ICE Blue Sun and it's doing... surprisingly good on jinteki.net.

Going to test it in person soon and probably get trounced but being able to Consulting Visit / LPL for Oversight AIs is pretty nice. The Grail ICE I'm just experimenting with because I've never used it before, the smart move is almost definitely to scrap all of it and use that influence on 2x Caprice but eh...

• Options
    I've been trying out some Sandburg decks a bit just for giggles.

HB NEXT with Sandburg is appropriately silly. Strength 8 vanilla is pretty funny too.

Also tried it out in Blue Sun with Oversight AI + Clone Sufferage Movement for stupid amount of money. Pretty amusing there, too.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Blue Sun with Oversight AI + Clone Suffrage Movement for stupid amount of money

Wait, does that work? DIRTY

Fry on
  • Options
    Yeah it should do. You OAI the curtain wall in front of the CSM, then bounce it back at the start of your turn and then trigger the CSM to bring back the OAI.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's weird. I go on NRDB on Tuesday, and there's no published decks using Sandburg and NEXT ice. So I build one to try it out tonight. All of a sudden, three or four decks get published at about the same time with similar ideas!

To be fair, I'm trying it in the Foundry with operation econ, so it's probably not as effective. But still!

• Options
    Sanburg is super rad with NEXT. I kinda want to try it in RP with Grail Ice sometime, too, just to see how ridiculous that could be.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    reversal on raman rai, making him even less useful than we thought

e: I'm very excited to see people's response to the last question on Deuces Wild

Shorty on
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    That really does make him fantastically unusable, doesn't it?

Edit: Also;
    Damon wrote:
    Why is Dan D'Argenio depicted as wearing sleeves on Deuces Wild?
    Cards must be sleeved to be legal for tournament play.

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    admanb wrote: »

The biggest issue with the runner deck was that the Pavillion was not unique at the time, so making it so took a lot of the wind out of that deck.

Having spoken with Dan, he wasn't terribly impressed with the deck to begin with. He said he won worlds almost entirely on the back of the corp deck.

The sleeves were the first thing I noticed on Deuces Wild, though they did get the vaping.
    I'm really sad that fun Weyland is going to suffer horribly if a lot of NBN tag catches on and people preempt them. :( I really loved my Blue Sun deck and desperately want to see it improve with some of these new cards.
    *fingers crossed*

Back years ago I made a post on reddit about the binary nature of tags making it a weak and uninteresting mechanic; you either had tags and lost, had tags and they didn't matter (or didn't have tags and they didn't matter). Every blue moon you'd snipe a Kati when people weren't paying attention. My solution was to make good (read: overpowered) resources that forced the Corp to react to them, which would force Runners to include anti-tagging in their decks, which would allow you to have a breadth of tagging and tag punishment tools. I feel like that's what's happening right now.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    I agree that tags exist in too binary a state. I'm more simply talking about how if NBN tagging into <x> stuff is really powerful and people start running NACH or similar that just stop them taking tags, it becomes really hard for Weyland to actually land a tag with their dramatically inferior tools to do so. Thus, it would wind up pretty much killing off my favourite Blue Sun deck because you can't ever land tags.

• Options
    Preaching to the choir, man. Feels often like anything I actually can do to the runner requires a tag to stick, so I'm mostly just twiddling my thumbs until that actually happens.

Sometimes I wish a cycle came in a big box all at once. WTB Mausolus already.

(And I really do think that Controlling the Message would've made vastly more sense as a Weyland ID.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    So I've finally gotten all my shit booked for UK nationals - seems a raiding party of Scots a dozen strong has been assembled.

Many other Penny-Arcaders going? Is the meta still in malaise and no one will show up?
    PMAvers wrote: »
    (And I really do think that Controlling the Message would've made vastly more sense as a Weyland ID.)

Agreed, though it would have pretty much obsoleted Gagarin.

Dis' on
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I'm after my crown again, so I'll be there!

• Options
    and I just booked my flights for the Australian nationals!

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Sanburg is super rad with NEXT. I kinda want to try it in RP with Grail Ice sometime, too, just to see how ridiculous that could be.

I am currently trying out gail ice with sandburg inside gagarin.

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I'm after my crown again, so I'll be there!

Noice, I'll be sure to wave from the lower middle tables!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'll be there as well, mourning my no longer legal decks.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Dis' wrote: »
    So I've finally gotten all my shit booked for UK nationals - seems a raiding party of Scots a dozen strong has been assembled.

Many other Penny-Arcaders going? Is the meta still in malaise and no one will show up?

I'm going! Will also pack some Thrones and X-Wing for when I don't even come close to making the cut :biggrin:

Epimer on
  • Options
    You lot need to stop being so negative. Making the cut is hard but you should definitely be aiming for it. Positive mental attitude and all that.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    You lot need to stop being so negative. Making the cut is hard but you should definitely be aiming for it. Positive mental attitude and all that.

Hey, the middle tables is being positive ;).

Investing too much mental energy in a goal can make it crushing if you fall short after a long and tiring day; I'm pretty sure I haven't put (or will have the time to put) the number of reps into the current card pool/some decks to do well at a big event.

Dis' on
  • Options
    I dunno. Just playing your best is a pretty big part of it. Look at Dave's game last year where he bluffed his ass off in a situation that you could as easily give up during. He's totally right that staying positive is important, but I also agree with you that it's good to have a restrained outlook. Keep playing your best until you're actually out and done. You may well surprise yourself. ;)

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I dunno. Just playing your best is a pretty big part of it. Look at Dave's game last year where he bluffed his ass off in a situation that you could as easily give up during. He's totally right that staying positive is important, but I also agree with you that it's good to have a restrained outlook. Keep playing your best until you're actually out and done. You may well surprise yourself. ;)

"Just hiding 2 points in plain sight."
    "I'm gonna have a total heart attack."

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Man, I lost a regionals game last year (2015) because I played out an NAPD on, like, turn 3, and he didn't run it assuming it was Jackson Howard. He won the game when he ran it trying to trash Jackson so he would be able to use indexing. ;P
    Otherwise, I desperately want the video of the game I win that I have no right to win because it completely embraced the "Do not ever give up you jerk. EVER." philosophy.

• Options
    Oh, right, I should probably actually figure out what I'm playing for NA Nationals.

Spoilers: it'll probably involve jank.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Dis' wrote: »

Hey, the middle tables is being positive ;).

Investing too much mental energy in a goal can make it crushing if you fall short after a long and tiring day; I'm pretty sure I haven't put (or will have the time to put) the number of reps into the current card pool/some decks to do well at a big event.

Fair point, I don't want people to be deflated for not winning a huge tournament but just want people to aim to win. It makes a huge difference.

I've played against people who have expected to lose against me and so play overly cautiously or crazily risky.

Whoever you play, whatever tournament it is, aim to win each game.

• Options
    I remember the first time I played against our, at the time, reigning regional champion at our regionals in 2014 I went into it expecting to lose and super nervous. I think I died like turn 5 by running his R&D that I knew contained Snare!s with 2 cards in hand.

It was dumb, but I was new and nervous and went in feeling defeated already.

Then last year I went to our regional full of vim and fire and beat that same player in every game we played. Even beat our 2015 regional champ, as well. Ended up coming third overall and I do contribute that partly to going in there with as much confidence as I could muster- my play was probably the most consistent it's ever been that day.

• Options
    Well, I just won a pretty small Store Championship. The store here that got regionals this year got into running netrunner stuff too late to order a store champs kit, but their supplier had a spare one that they sent them after all. It arrived the same week as regionals though, welp, so they just decided to run the SC a month or so later.

Anyway, not all of our best players were there but a good few of them were and I played (and beat!) all of them. Dropped one game all day, playing non-museum IG and Prepaid Stealth Kate.

First formal tournament I've won, so I'm pretty chuffed even if it wasn't exactly the most competitive level one.

• Options
    Congratulations :)
    Pleased the IG deck is working out for you

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Congratulations :)
    Pleased the IG deck is working out for you

I had a really tense game with it against one of our staunch Noise players and managed to get the flatline pretty quickly! Super relieved I didn't have to play out a grindy game with it against noise.

Getting an early Static sure does fucking help against him, that's for sure D:

Anzekay on
  • Options
    That unpleasant feeling when your silly jank deck wins 6 games in a row on Jinteki casual room and realise you're going to have to head to competitive just to make sure it's not actually good.