As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Has everyone seen this already? Lego compatible tape.
    https://igg.me/at/nimunoloops/x/228526

This seems like a neat idea, and am sure I'm not even seeing the insane stuff that it will lead to build-wise

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Picked up a couple of small sets today as Wal-Mart has a bunch on sale to make way for new stuff. Contemplating going back for a U-wing.

I really like the U-Wing set. So, do it.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Has everyone seen this already? Lego compatible tape.
    https://igg.me/at/nimunoloops/x/228526

This seems like a neat idea, and am sure I'm not even seeing the insane stuff that it will lead to build-wise

I'd be concerned about the fact that it's an $8000 design, not a million dollar design. A smaller group of hobbyists might be willing to accept a calculated risk, but if this turns out to suck there are going to be a lot of people who are upset.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Check your Walmart's, just scored Clayface set for 30$ Canadian ( normally 59 here)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Picked up the Admiral Thrawn Phantom set today, mainly because of the minifig and it was a neat little build. A few too many stickers for my taste but the bonus is it connects to the Ghost set in a similar way the original Phantom set does so that's nice. Definitely has a big price premium on it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I just started Star Wars Rebels and kinda love it. Strongly considering Bricklinking their Ghost ship, even while I'm trying to downsize my collection...

I notice there's two versions of Sabine Wren, one with orange n' blue hair, one with neon green - do either of em come with her pink Mando helmet?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I just started Star Wars Rebels and kinda love it. Strongly considering Bricklinking their Ghost ship, even while I'm trying to downsize my collection...

I notice there's two versions of Sabine Wren, one with orange n' blue hair, one with neon green - do either of em come with her pink Mando helmet?

Whichever one comes with the TIE Carrier is the one that has the helmet as I recall.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Man, that Women of NASA set reminds me that they still haven't released that Apollo 11 set yet.

I am so excited for a huge lego Saturn V that whenever I remember it exists I start vibrating in anticipation.

The Women of NASA set itself is cool in concept, but I wish it was a bit more than some neat minifigures stuck to a plaque. I'll probably buy it anyway.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    That was the initial proposal, but the final set will probably be some vignettes like the Science set before it.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Looks like Lego announced the next Star Wars UCS kit is the Snowspeeder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SOr0lRB53s

More pictures:
    http://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/03/22/lego-unveils-new-star-wars-ucs-snowspeeder-1700-pieces/#more-88236

And I still want a UCS TIE Bomber

• Options
    Was just coming here to post about the snow speeder, I'm really looking forward to that one since I didn't get it when it originally came out. Nice to see they put a bunch of extra effort into a redesign since the first one was a tad on the blocky side.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think this one shows a lot more studs than the average UCS kit. A bit of a turnoff to me.
    I might still buy it, but I got some bills to get in order before that happens. Fortunately, I've got a couple months to work on that before it's even an issue.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I think this one shows a lot more studs than the average UCS kit. A bit of a turnoff to me.
    I might still buy it, but I got some bills to get in order before that happens. Fortunately, I've got a couple months to work on that before it's even an issue.

Have you built the Star Destroyer or Super Start Destroyer kits? It's studs for days. One might even call it studly.

I wish they would make a UCS AT-AT.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

Have you built the Star Destroyer or Super Start Destroyer kits? It's studs for days. One might even call it studly.

I wish they would make a UCS AT-AT.

Nope. The UCS kits I have built (TIE Interceptor, TIE Fighter, Slave 1 and B-wing) are all pretty SNOTish.
    Not perfectly smooth, they all have some exposed studs (they're still Lego), but they're not all over like the speeder. But, that's to be expected when the vehicle is mostly flat intersecting planes.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I feel like the snowspeeder should have a lot of studs for some reason. It's such a ramshackle looking collection of bits and bobs that the studs out look really fits it.

might be the first UCS set i buy in some time.

i also get my fill of studs not on top with the creator sets i keep buying. basically zero visible studs on any of them.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I sold my Republic Dropship yesterday. It was too big for me to display it anywhere. I then turned around and bought the new Y-Wing.

Lego begets Lego.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Sell....Lego?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Personally unthinkable, even with duplicate sets I could use the pieces for something else, but there's a pretty lucrative market in discontinued sets

• Options
    I just Bricklink'd an extinct set - the Cuusoo DeLeroean. Was painful ordering the exclusive printed pieces, those 3 bricks for the flux capacitor, time circuit and 2015 license plate cost more than the whole rest of the set. Would have been twice as much if I went for the 'Outatime' plate. :tell_me_more:

It's pretty cool, I have it in the third movie version with the improvised circuit on the hood and the red 1950s hubcaps - least screentime version but it's the best looking one IMO. Gonna have to make some minor alterations tho - the Mr Fusion looks bad, and there's a few loose bricks that I'd like to reinforce.

To that end, does this part exist or did I imagine it; a double sided stud, just like a standard 1x1 round tile but with the connector stud on both surfaces. I swear this was a recent new piece, but I'm not finding it anywhere on Bricklink.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    To that end, does this part exist or did I imagine it; a double sided stud, just like a standard 1x1 round tile but with the connector stud on both surfaces. I swear this was a recent new piece, but I'm not finding it anywhere on Bricklink.

I've seen that piece, but I don't think it's an official Lego piece. I want to say Tyco brand Lego knockoffs but I could be wrong here.
    They also had a 2x2 plate with studs on both sides that got a lot of use in young See's collection.

Edit: Pretty sure I had this set:
    55iercjaw0mf.jpg
    I remember the little dudes, the dome and the black rods they used as gun barrels. Don't remember it being a walker though. Maybe I had something in the same line.
    Another fun part in this line: the purple 2x2 tiles near the front of the walker had anti-studs on both sides.

see317 on
  • Options
    bb7u4s01157n.jpg

We're getting a Wonder Woman lego set. It looks awesome.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    That is indeed pretty cool.

Also there's some joke in here about DC copying Marvel, when last year's big set featured the giant build of Ant Man. ;P

I had been holding off on getting a WW minifig in case a cheaper alternative came out, but this one looks brighter coloured than BvS' version, so I think I'll just get that one. More true to the darkness.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am buying that set solely for the WW1 plane and pilot.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I bought the new Milano. I'm disappointed in it. The entire back half of the ship is awful and half-assed. It's less than half the size of the original. Just not a good set overall.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah I mentally crossed that one off my want list when I saw the first images.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I'm not bothering with any of the Guardians sets this time. They all seem bland at the best, and I have most of the figures already. I should put the first Milano back together, though.

• Options
    The size reduction is the main selling points for me, but it does have some weak points, like the side having open space directly into the cockpit...

May end up harvesting pieces from the original Milano, making a hybrid of the two sets, cause the new one has elements that are definitely better, like the bubble canopy.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    If you're interested in the Lego Dimensions Goonies set (and you should be), you can pre-order it for half price ($15) at Amazon.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    I'm not bothering with any of the Guardians sets this time. They all seem bland at the best, and I have most of the figures already. I should put the first Milano back together, though.

I got the smaller sets for Yondu and Mantis, as well as at least 1 baby Groot.

The builds are actually really fun! But.. the comic book, oof. I am not sure how spoilery it is, but.. it seems pretty spoilery.

The big yellow ship Yondu pilots is awesome in its overall construction.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    If anyone has an extra starlord minifig I would be interested in it

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Who?

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Who?

nnrc1eadwe9f.png

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Barnes & Noble clearance started yesterday, notable sets on sale are

Attack of The Morro Dragon 70736
    City Spaceport 60080
    City Fire Station 60004
    Minecraft Nether Fortress 21122

Spaceport is a beautiful set! But Nether Fortress is ugly as hell, although the Ghast is pretty cool

• Options
    kjclv74drvw5.jpg
    ut3n4b38ouaq.jpg

Jedi Fighter with Hyperspace Ring. Rumored to be $130.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    kjclv74drvw5.jpg
    ut3n4b38ouaq.jpg

Jedi Fighter with Hyperspace Ring. Rumored to be $130.

I'm all in on that one. I just gave my son the Titanium Series toy of Kit Fisto's ship with hyperspace ring, and he thinks it's the greatest thing ever. One of the biggest frustrations of my son finally being old enough to get into Star Wars now is that he loves The Clone Wars, but most of the toys/merchandise made to go with the cartoon and/or the prequels are no longer available. So I am more than happy to acquire virtually anything they put out now that fits that era.

• Options
    Hah, that's the kinda thing that'd be a P-Bandai product if it was a Gundam.

I wasn't a fan of the Clone Wars Lego at the time, cause all the minifigs had a weird stylised face with the exaggerated cartoon eyes, weren't very appealing. Wish I'd taken a closer look at that General Greivous wheelbike set that came out a few years ago, assumed it was Clone Wars style, but I guess it was a movie set that had a way cooler version of Greivous' minifig in it.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Barnes & Noble clearance started yesterday, notable sets on sale are

Attack of The Morro Dragon 70736
    City Spaceport 60080
    City Fire Station 60004
    Minecraft Nether Fortress 21122

Spaceport is a beautiful set! But Nether Fortress is ugly as hell, although the Ghast is pretty cool

Also included in this sale is the First Order Transporter 75103

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fuck yes, Science!

LEGO Saturn V Rocket

ppk8ywbkj1n3vrytdkbg.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I've got so many coworkers saying they are buying this kit, especially when they learn the price - $120 for 1,969 pieces.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Yeah what is that .06 per piece? You're basically already buying at a 40% discount.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.