As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tabletop Simulator] Now with more banana

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    What makes you think we're not mouth breathers

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    What makes you think we're not mouth breathers

i can live with it as long as everyone's mic is on push to talk

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I just gotta say, this star wars armada mod is INCREDIBLY well done.

Which one?

This one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=713586082 If I'm around and you want me to walk you through it let me know.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    can i join you guys for a game some time? even though i live in a major metropolitan area, all of the gaming groups i've met to date either play at an inconvenient time or are mouth-breathers. I love everything except non-interactive euro games

I've got a couple maybes for tonight so depending on how that pans out, I will hit you up @kaliyama

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    pandemic was a success, we won... on the most beginner level available. best to ignore that last part and concentrate on the first part.

• Options
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    pandemic was a success, we won... on the most beginner level available. best to ignore that last part and concentrate on the first part.

It was a good time. Thanks so much to all you guys for playing :) I'm going to look into getting the physical version now.

We should definitely try to get more TTS games going there are a bunch of things I want to play including Betrayal at House on the Hill

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I love Betrayal! Great game.

• Options
    i too love betrayal, and tts. happy to play most any time.
    betrayal can be especially hilarious cause i remember one game where we kept dodging the haunting and when it finally did happen everyone was super decked out except the poor unfortunate betrayer and it was embarrassing how quickly they were beaten.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    i too love betrayal, and tts. happy to play most any time.
    betrayal can be especially hilarious cause i remember one game where we kept dodging the haunting and when it finally did happen everyone was super decked out except the poor unfortunate betrayer and it was embarrassing how quickly they were beaten.

My favorite haunting will always and forever be one where the betrayer had to make it to a certain room and then make a skill roll 3-4 turns in a row to win. Once in that room, the betrayer was immune to all action.

I was the betrayer and was one room away from the target room when the betrayal triggered. Easy win.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    TTS has updated with Unity "AssetBundle" support, so now you can port over cool stuff form Unity like animation and LIGHT SOURCES!!

LIGHT SOURCES! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766028961

Db3EkGqh.jpg

Elbasunu on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Shit, I hadn't been paying enough attention to see that they had Battletech in here. Hrrrngh.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So, I loaded up tabletop simulator for the first time.. That flip table hotkey seems like trouble.
    But the Lords of Waterdeep board from the workshop looks great.
    I'm going to have to print out a keyboard shortcut reference if I intend to play it though.

• Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    God there's so many games I want to play here. First and foremost TI3, but Lords of Waterdeep, Le Havre, Eclipse, etc are close contenders.

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I love Betrayal! Great game.

It's getting an expansion soon.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Hmmm tempted to get this since I got the Vive the other day...

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Hmmm tempted to get this since I got the Vive the other day...

If it's still on sale at the humble store I definitely would. Even without VR< it's great for long distance board gaming.

• Options
    ive never played lords of waterdeep but always wanted to, if anyone is up for a game let me know

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I got this on sale and have been messing around with friends. Not seeing an English Quarriors mod, I decided to spend a few nights working on one. It's now available on the Workshop if anyone is interested: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=809771641

I'm really picky and decided to recreate all dice art in Illustrator and create custom marbling. I intend to add some more little features like a foam dice case on the side, the game tin with some items inside, interactive rulebook, and maybe add expansions if I can get ahold of that card art.

I'm up for a game if anyone is interested!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    I got this on sale and have been messing around with friends. Not seeing an English Quarriors mod, I decided to spend a few nights working on one. It's now available on the Workshop if anyone is interested: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=809771641

I'm really picky and decided to recreate all dice art in Illustrator and create custom marbling. I intend to add some more little features like a foam dice case on the side, the game tin with some items inside, interactive rulebook, and maybe add expansions if I can get ahold of that card art.

I'm up for a game if anyone is interested!

That looks great, @Figgy

Next time I am looking to play some TTS I will definitely keep it in mind

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I'm probably definitely picking this up before the end of the sale. Are any of the official DLC worth picking up, or do you just download workshop modules to play most games?
    Any semi-regular game nights going on? I have a big physical collection of games, but finding time and bodies to be able to play is difficult so a couple hours pushing 1s and 0s with some PA Adventure Timers would be sweet!

edit: And has anyone tried TTS with a Steam Link and Controller? I'm curious about those, but don't know how well all the TTS key bindings would translate on a lot of games.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    i dont have any of the dlc myself, but they look impressive and would certainly be willing to pick something up if there were people wanting to play. right now i dont know of any regular games going on, but im interested in being a part of one. anyone feel free to message me on steam if you are up for a game, my user names are the same for both.

• Options
    I think @Drake or @Ianator may have tried some of the paid dlc and said that it is very well done. I have bought the Zombicide one which I heard was very good but I have not looked at it yet. The nice thing with TTS though is that only the host needs to have the dlc, even paid, to run a game

steam_sig.png

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Reporting in for some Secret Hitler (or Secret Palpatine) sometime.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I've got Secret Hitler (which I've never played or looked at really), Dead of Winter, Android: Netrunner, BSG, Carcassonne, Lords of Waterdeep all loaded up from Kanden's list (maybe a couple others as well...like Armada and X-Wing).

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I've played the paid Zombicide DLC and it is very well done. Scenarios art themselves up for you, and the models all look really nice.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    I've got kind of a busy week with work but I could get down with some Secret Hitler (or whatever else, I'm always down to learn new games) possibly this evening and almost certainly on Thursday or Friday evening.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I just sent friend invites to petesalzl and ubergeek. I will almost always stop playing a single-player game if other people are up for TTS, so feel free to shoot me a message any time.

I can probably be available tonight around 8:00 or 9:00 central time.

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    I've played the paid Zombicide DLC and it is very well done. Scenarios art themselves up for you, and the models all look really nice.

Well sale is over now. I'll just pop it on my wishlist or wait for someone with it to host!

My Steam profile is in my sig, so feel free to send me a friend request! I'm west coast, usually available after 7 or 8pm most nights.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    So a friend got me this during the sale and I've been having a blast with it

Picked up Zombicide and I think I have a handle on it if anyone's ever looking for a game.

Or any other game really..

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I'm up for a game or two right now if anyone's available.

• Options
    Anyone interested in some mods or hosting any DLC in an hour or so? Need to learn me some virtual bit pushing.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Been searching around but haven't quite found an answer for this so I figured I'd ask here.

Let's assume I created a custom object, so a playmat for the table or something, the object itself isn't important just that it is custom. If I try to play via LAN, do I need to share that in any way with the other people playing? I am not sure how custom objects would show in game if they were created on another device.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Been searching around but haven't quite found an answer for this so I figured I'd ask here.

Let's assume I created a custom object, so a playmat for the table or something, the object itself isn't important just that it is custom. If I try to play via LAN, do I need to share that in any way with the other people playing? I am not sure how custom objects would show in game if they were created on another device.

I believe that all custom objects are downloaded by the client as they connect to the server host. The way it works online is as long as the server host has a game from the games workshop, anyone who connects to that server downloads the game from the host. That way the clients don't also need to go to the workshop.

• Options

As I understand it, the object only needs to be on the host machine. Similarly, when you use a game from the steam workshop, only the host needs to have it installed. Everyone else you are playing with is effectively remoting into your computer so they do not need any of the assets. They are all provided by the host.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I had thought that was the case but I was second guessing myself. Thanks!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hey anybody around tonight? I could maybe run a game of Fury of Dracula. If you don’t know how to play I can teach you! It’s not hard

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I just got a second laptop and one of the things me and my gf are looking forward to is messing around in this together.

• Options
    Hey anybody around tonight? I could maybe run a game of Fury of Dracula. If you don’t know how to play I can teach you! It’s not hard

Didn't see this until just now. I'd love to play Fury of Dracula with you, josh. Or really most games.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Didn't see this until just now. I'd love to play Fury of Dracula with you, josh. Or really most games.

Yeah, if we wanted to try going active-r with TTS I'd be game for most things too, depending on timing.