Options

[Fallout] Nuka World out now. Better mascots than you have tried!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Automaton was decent enough and I liked it, even if you only just want ADA, her/he/its carry capacity is like twice or thrice the other companions that would make it worth it for me.

She's also a pretty solid fighter and doesnt complain when I pick up loot, just too bad she doesnt have a perk to unlock.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    If you're into settlements automation is worth it for creating robot provisioners.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Is Far Harbor the only story DLC? The rest just sound like settlement mini game additions.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Automaton and Nuka World both have some story, the latter being closer to Far Harbor in length.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My Saitaima character hit a wall at Nuka World.

He would just kill everyone

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I played along with the raiders as long as possible
    (install a flag in a settlement that was empty yet somehow Preston knew and goes hated)
    before killing them all myself. Its kind of lame it's mostly designed for you to become a raider and just ends if you don't want to.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Automatron remains my personal favorite of the DLC (haven't played Nuka World yet though). Its a DLC you can build a whole playstyle/playthrough around.

It was a ton of fun to create and experiment with customized bots and I've gotten pretty attached to a few. Its a great feeling when you see your gnarled monstrous homemade Sentry Bot shooting nails in everyone's faces and letting mini nukes fly on the occassion he manages to not fuck up his pathfinding.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I would love to make a scientist type character and play through the automotron stuff and hell, and bunch of the game as a drunk pill popping mad scientist with a lab coat and a laser pistol, but

The Institute is garbage,

And I've made six characters and done the first half of the game six times and I just cannot do it again

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Okay, the new radio announcer in Nuka-World is the best.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I would love to make a scientist type character and play through the automotron stuff and hell, and bunch of the game as a drunk pill popping mad scientist with a lab coat and a laser pistol, but

The Institute is garbage,

And I've made six characters and done the first half of the game six times and I just cannot do it again

A mad scientist type doesn't need to side with The Institute... far from it in fact! He could totally believe that traditional robots are the One True Path, and that synths are just taking things too far. This could easily lead him to siding with the Railroad (though likely not due to altruism), the Brotherhood of Steel, or even into re-making the Minutemen into a gang of police robots.

I hear you on playing through the story over and over again, as I've done the same thing and have been burned out on it for awhile now. At this point I'm basically just waiting for Frost to get into a more playable state so I can go full survival mode.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Any opinions with Mod Organizer vs NMM? I prefered MO for Skyrim. Does it work as well for FO4?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Never tried MO, but NMM works fine for me. I don't need the fine tuning I hear MO gives you, though.

And along those lines they're phasing out both for a new manager built from the ground up that combines the two and isn't a bolted together job. No clue when that'll be out, though.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    When FO4 mods started releasing, I read that Mod Organizer didn't work so well with the game yet, so even though I've sworn by MO for years, I decided to go with NMM for awhile. At this point, MO may have come around (I haven't checked honestly), but NMM works pretty well, and I've more or less decided to stick with it until I screw up my install badly enough to warrant a re-install, at which point I'll probably move over to either MO, or the new thing that's coming down the pipe if it's out by then.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    When FO4 mods started releasing, I read that Mod Organizer didn't work so well with the game yet, so even though I've sworn by MO for years, I decided to go with NMM for awhile. At this point, MO may have come around (I haven't checked honestly), but NMM works pretty well, and I've more or less decided to stick with it until I screw up my install badly enough to warrant a re-install, at which point I'll probably move over to either MO, or the new thing that's coming down the pipe if it's out by then.

I was digging around in the settings of MO and saw the FO4 plugin was at like version 0.4 or whatever, so I decided to just go with NMM for the time being. Either none of the mods I'm using overwrite each other or that's something that NMM had improved, so it's fine either way. That is mainly why I prefer MO.

Speaking of mods, is the list in the OP still fairly relevant and/or is there a more recent mod list post in the thread? I haven't played since release, where there were maybe 4 mods I cared to use. Up to near 30 at the moment.

• Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    I dont know how far along it is, but the main dev for MO has been hired to work on NMM. So it should keep improving I hope.

• Options
    No, he was hired to make a whole new manager. NMM and MO are effectively end of life, pretty sure.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    If you're into settlements automation is worth it for creating robot provisioners.

Except built robots have a terrible habit of turning back into naked basic protectrons, losing all the materials you put into upgrading it, and I think its inventory.

• Options

I was digging around in the settings of MO and saw the FO4 plugin was at like version 0.4 or whatever, so I decided to just go with NMM for the time being. Either none of the mods I'm using overwrite each other or that's something that NMM had improved, so it's fine either way. That is mainly why I prefer MO.

Speaking of mods, is the list in the OP still fairly relevant and/or is there a more recent mod list post in the thread? I haven't played since release, where there were maybe 4 mods I cared to use. Up to near 30 at the moment.

The list in the OP is pretty dated, but does contain lots of good mods. Armorsmith Extended and True Storms are both still great, though I think the former has just gotten way out of hand with how many Optional add-ons it includes. The mod author really needs to find a way to roll this into an installer or something and either let the player choose what they have, or possibly have AE auto-detect what is installed. The 'file' page is just a mess.

Still, there's lots more out there than there was when the OP was created. My best recommendation is to hit up Nexus Top files of all time, and then just go down the list, weeding out things that don't interest you. Or maybe someone will put together an updated list of their preferences.

• Options

The list in the OP is pretty dated, but does contain lots of good mods. Armorsmith Extended and True Storms are both still great, though I think the former has just gotten way out of hand with how many Optional add-ons it includes. The mod author really needs to find a way to roll this into an installer or something and either let the player choose what they have, or possibly have AE auto-detect what is installed. The 'file' page is just a mess.

Still, there's lots more out there than there was when the OP was created. My best recommendation is to hit up Nexus Top files of all time, and then just go down the list, weeding out things that don't interest you. Or maybe someone will put together an updated list of their preferences.

Thanks! That's what I did.

I would be interested in hearing of mods that might not be on that list or very high on it that people here would recommend. Is there a best or decent UI mod? I didn't really see one other than HUD stuff, but the menus, as usual, are atrocious. I'm using the dialogue mod.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Still my favorite Fallout:

ScreenShot41_zpsg5j0ffdj.jpg
    ScreenShot23_zps3296yxhs.jpg
    Graham_zpsiprz0r0q.jpg

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So continuing with my opinions about things I loved that people hated...

I loved loved the tower defense mini game in Assassin's Creed Revelations (I got hilariously good at it and would happily pay for a full version of just that)

And I love the DiMa hacking thing in Far Harbor.

Is this the synth test? Am I a synth?

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »

No. No, not at all.

On an unrelated note, let's say you're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling towards you and you reach down and flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping.

Why is that, Deadfall?

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Deadfall wrote: »

No. No, not at all.

On an unrelated note, let's say you're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling towards you and you reach down and flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping.

Why is that, Deadfall?

out of AP

alternate answer: too busy checking behind cactus for adhesive

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Speaking of synths, I did something hilarious and kind of evil.

Covenant spoilers:
    I finished the quest where I wiped out the Compound, and I went back to Covenant out of curiosity and of course killed all of them, since they were hostile. I'm using the mod that lets you make synths so to make it right I scanned all of the bodies, made synths out of them, and sent them back to Covenant.

So now the settlement that was terrified of synths are all synths.

• Options
    You monster.

• Options
    Somehow Piper is stuck with a cigarette in hand. With no weapons out and idling she is always does the cigarette in hand pose and when doing any other actions the cigarette is stuck clipping on her hand. I've seen this happen with other NPCs like Desdemona, but with a companion it gets annoying when they seem like a chain smoker.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I've been trying out mods in Skyrim and Fallout for the first time since they're putting a lot on console.

And I have to say while the grand majority of it is cheesecake bullshit you'd expect there is actually some nice stuff ranging from quality of life things to added content.

Voice acting in voiced stuff is usually hilariously bad but its free and was probably made on a non-existent budget so I give it a pass.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I've been trying out mods in Skyrim and Fallout for the first time since they're putting a lot on console.

And I have to say while the grand majority of it is cheesecake bullshit you'd expect there is actually some nice stuff ranging from quality of life things to added content.

Voice acting in voiced stuff is usually hilariously bad but its free and was probably made on a non-existent budget so I give it a pass.

Since you mentioned Skyrim, if you want the best voice acted mod ever (not sarcasm, its actually very very good), pick up the Sofia companion mod for Skyrim/Skyrim Remastered.. if its available for consoles, at least.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I have that.

Her acting is pretty okay, just wish her dialogue was better.

But she's pretty overpowered so I'll probably use her until I do Dawnguard and get Serena.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I have that.

Her acting is pretty okay, just wish her dialogue was better.

But she's pretty overpowered so I'll probably use her until I do Dawnguard and get Serena.

Really? I never thought of her as overpowered, but everyone to their own :D

• Options
    Well...maybe not OP but a lot more useful in combat than some followers.

• Options
    In Skyrim, a companion that is useful in combat is OP.

God-like is a companion that doesn't instantly charge screaming into battle when you shoot an arrow from stealth.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Somehow Piper is stuck with a cigarette in hand. With no weapons out and idling she is always does the cigarette in hand pose and when doing any other actions the cigarette is stuck clipping on her hand. I've seen this happen with other NPCs like Desdemona, but with a companion it gets annoying when they seem like a chain smoker.

After hanging out with the Player Character I think becoming a chain smoker seems pretty realistic.

Piper: Where are we going today?
    PC: We're gonna go straight into a building of super mutants and kill everything, then I'll root around in their meat bags for bottle caps. If we run into any wildlife along the way, we'll kill them too and you'll probably end up having to carry their giblets around.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    RethiusRethius Registered User regular
    This game is still amazing, you guys. I started playing Far Harbor and I'm absurdly engaged in the story right now.
    DiMA. I don't know, he seems a bit odd. Children of Atom are still shits, and I'll be a monkey's uncle before I trust them.

Also, I've been playing with my PS4 controller hooked up to my PC. It's a fantastic way to control the game. Very good, would play again, A+++++

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    kinda thinking about playing New Vegas again for the first time since launch. Any essential mods these days? I'm basically just looking for story at this point, I don't really care about challenge. (new easy to use UI, no weight limits, etc)

edit - if it matters i don't have any of the DLC

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    kinda thinking about playing New Vegas again for the first time since launch. Any essential mods these days? I'm basically just looking for story at this point, I don't really care about challenge. (new easy to use UI, no weight limits, etc)

That does matter, unfortunately. Most mods you'll find require all the DLC, so you should strongly consider getting the ultimate edition. It's only $20, it goes on sale fairly regularly, and the DLC adds a lot to the story.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

That does matter, unfortunately. Most mods you'll find require all the DLC, so you should strongly consider getting the ultimate edition. It's only $20, it goes on sale fairly regularly, and the DLC adds a lot to the story.

well it's not on sale, none of the story takes place in the actual main game, and i want to play it now so......

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options

You should pick them up on the next sale, I think they were going for like..less than a buck the last time I looked, on the sale.

as for essential mods.

UNDERGROUND HIDEOUT

LIVE IN SERVICE TO THE WALL AND HER MANY GLORIOUS HOOKS.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Question: In Survival Mode, is there a reason that my Str goes down by 2 after I sleep? And how do I get it back up?

• Options
    I'd like to try out the other Fallout games, but the store pages for Fallout 3 says it's not optimized for windows 7 and above. It is really hard to get this and New Vegas running properly on windows 10?