As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ark [Chat]

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I ran a tabletop game in my group's homebrew system once.

It took place in modern society, and they were hired by this weird corporation to go find religious artifacts.

All the people in the company had names like Michael and Gabriel and Uriel, and the players had to find these artifacts "because they were valuable" lol and certainly not because they had mystical powers to summon demons or whatever.

Except the plot twist was that guess what, the company is actually run by demons bwahahahaha surprise!

Also there was an NPC who was a vampire from New Orleans, which was basically a copy of a character I had played a long time before in a different group. Also he was super powerful and all the PCs basically failed all checks to detect him sneaking up on them and stuff like that.
    I mean save the last thing that sounds better than I would expect from a teenager.

Well it didn't help that I'm legitimately terrible at running tabletop games.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Lemon balm tea is a nice relaxing one.

Ginger tea is great if you like ginger. Some people don't though.

Peppermint, kava kava, chamomile, all good for relaxing. By relaxing, you may be able to focus on things other than melancholy. At least for a bit.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    my bro GM'ed this homebrew game a couple of times - first with a hack of Heroes Unlimited, later with one of d20 Modern - where we were, like, reservoir dogs type dudes pulling heists for the mafia

it was basically an excuse to be really stupid and mission accomplished

one time I was trying to make a getaway from a bank and he rolled on this little random encounter table he'd made and he announced that a kid in a wheelchair was in my path. so I made a strength check (or something) to move the kid and rolled a critical hit, so he narrated me shoving the kid so hard that he and his wheelchair went through a plate glass window out into the street and got hit by a car

another buddy and i kept derailing sessions by announcing that we were going to try to knock over a convenience store. the convenience store clerks always had like 200 HP and an M-16 and we would end up in jail (we had some kind of magic healing potion don't ask me this was like twenty years ago)

on another occasion we were making a successful getaway from a bank and one character dared another character - the driver - to play russian roulette and the player was like YEAH SURE so we rolled a d6 to see what chamber the bullet was in and then he rolled one and then as his character's head evaporated he crashed the car and killed another dude's guy and almost mine

everyone has their shame stories

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Pac-Man 256 doesn't really feel like Pac-Man to me.

It feels more like a Pac-Man skin on top of Crossy Road

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    My soul is still gripped by melancholy

I can be happy and jubilant, and then I'll sit down and remember that it happened and I go all quiet

Drink.

Drink tea.

tumblr_inline_mo940gw6nn1qz4rgp.gif

96175-004-A4E3929F.jpg

Whoops, finger slipped

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wish I had a coherent political framework to say one should gather around to fight the darkness, but alas.

Drink tea.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This one time in college I tried to make brownies in my illicit microwave and they made a bunch of smoke and it went out into the hall and set off the alarms so everyone had to evacuate the building in their sleep clothes at like 11 at night in January.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    my bro GM'ed this homebrew game a couple of times - first with a hack of Heroes Unlimited, later with one of d20 Modern - where we were, like, reservoir dogs type dudes pulling heists for the mafia

one time I was trying to make a getaway from a bank and he rolled on this little random encounter table he'd made and he announced that a kid in a wheelchair was in my path. so I made a strength check (or something) to move the kid and rolled a critical hit, so he narrated me shoving the kid so hard that he and his wheelchair went through a plate glass window out into the street and got hit by a car

another buddy and i kept derailing sessions by announcing that we were going to try to knock over a convenience store. the convenience store clerks always had like 200 HP and an M-16 and we would end up in jail (we had some kind of magic healing potion don't ask me this was like twenty years ago)

on another occasion we were making a successful getaway from a bank and one character dared another character - the driver - to play russian roulette and the player was like YEAH SURE so we rolled a d6 to see what chamber the bullet was in and then he rolled one and then as his character's head evaporated he crashed the car and killed another dude's guy and almost mine

lol shame stories? this sounds awesome!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I think my coherent political framework is Fuck the Dailies.

• Options
    I've been drinking a lot of raspberry hibiscus tea

It's a great summer drink

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    is sticking magnetic jars to the side of my fridge and putting lil labels with the spice name on the top too pinterest

is it, am i being basic

*hovers on amazon order*

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I feel like if I tried to do tabletop RPGs my characters would probably be embarrassing not because I make ridiculous mary sues but because personality wise they'd probably end up being pretty much FPS protagonists

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I think my coherent political framework is Fuck the Dailies.

The new centrist party that's sweeping the nation.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    is sticking magnetic jars to the side of my fridge and putting lil labels with the spice name on the top too pinterest

is it, am i being basic

*hovers on amazon order*

chu

do you really need that.

do you.

chu.

• Options

is it, am i being basic

*hovers on amazon order*

Follow your heart.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    John Oliver's segment tonight is about...Olympics stuff. I was hoping for something a bit more...European.

Neco on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    John Oliver's segment tonight is about...Olympics stuff. I was hoping for something a bit more...European tonight.

He did that last week

Maybe he's waiting for the fallout to spread a bit further so he has a bit more material than "holy shit"

• Options
    I wish for a Bugle episode.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My last character was basically Ruby Rhod crossed with a manga romantic and just a hint of secretly dangerous.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

is it, am i being basic

*hovers on amazon order*

chu

do you really need that.

do you.

chu.

oh i mean, it's not expensive at all. we're talking like, less than 15 dollars total. i'm just wondering if it makes me look like a girl in uggs named emilie

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    if I win at this interview tomorrow I'll have too much disposable income

I'll buy gold plated gtx 1080s

or pay off student loans or whatever

override367 on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

lol shame stories? this sounds awesome!

I am ashamed that I thought a 1/6th chance thing would require two rolls

I committed the sin of Simulationism

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Why would you ruin a perfectly good surface by covering it with kitsch.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »

Oliver isn't doing them any more. It'll be Zaltzman and a guest, and I think they said they would be starting later in the year.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

Oliver isn't doing them any more. It'll be Zaltzman and a guest, and I think they said they would be starting later in the year.

I didn't know when that was gonna happen. It would've been nice to have an emergency episode, of sorts.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Why would you ruin a perfectly good surface by covering it with kitsch.

Pretend I made a funny John Carter of Mars joke here

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Pac-Man 256 doesn't really feel like Pac-Man to me.

It feels more like a Pac-Man skin on top of Crossy Road

I never played Crossy Road, but I can tell you that I dig Pac-Man 256. It feels like Pac-Man to me. Gobble dots, avoid ghosts.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    My soul is still gripped by melancholy

I can be happy and jubilant, and then I'll sit down and remember that it happened and I go all quiet

Drink.

Drink tea.

tumblr_inline_mo940gw6nn1qz4rgp.gif

96175-004-A4E3929F.jpg

Whoops, finger slipped

This reminds me. Going from ME2/3 on 360 to on pc was hard for me. Had paragon left renegade right burned into my brain.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    The fire alarm was a false alarm and it seems like everyone in the building is ok.

The emergency keys did not work for the fire department and the property manager's 24-hour emergency contacts could not be contacted.

#JustLandlordThingsLikeFailingToComplyWithSafetyRegulations

• Options

I feel like in some incredibly specific context this could be a really good burn.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    The fire alarm was a false alarm and it seems like everyone in the building is ok.

The emergency keys did not work for the fire department and the property manager's 24-hour emergency contacts could not be contacted.

#JustLandlordThingsLikeFailingToComplyWithSafetyRegulations

What A Lovely Day

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

is it, am i being basic

*hovers on amazon order*

chu

do you really need that.

do you.

chu.

oh i mean, it's not expensive at all. we're talking like, less than 15 dollars total. i'm just wondering if it makes me look like a girl in uggs named emilie

Chu, I sleep with that girl

That is the girl(s) I sleep with

If you wanna do some interracial, you make that Amazon order, is what I'm saying

• Options
    John Oliver's segment tonight is about...Olympics stuff. I was hoping for something a bit more...European tonight.

He did that last week

Maybe he's waiting for the fallout to spread a bit further so he has a bit more material than "holy shit"

Ohh thw youtube videos are a week behind!

Tonight's actual episode is on the UK. Yay for having hbo!

• Options

He did that last week

How shellshocked is he?

• Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »

is it, am i being basic

*hovers on amazon order*

chu

do you really need that.

do you.

chu.

Chu, I sleep with that girl

That is the girl(s) I sleep with

If you wanna do some interracial, you make that Amazon order, is what I'm saying

hmmm

show me a 3/4 profile headshot of yourself and also a clean STI panel and i might could go for it

• Options
    i mean, clean of the serious stuff (HIV, hepatitis etc)

you can have gonorrhea, who doesn't, right

• Options
    Urgh no they arent a week behind its just inly half the eoisode I dont care anymoe

• Options

He did that last week

How shellshocked is he?

He seems a little bit pissed off for some reason. :P

This discussion has been closed.