As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2017

• Options
    Starr_szStarr_sz Gamer's Mom NJRegistered User regular
    Luckily, when the dates were discussed about a month ago I booked my cancelable room (never know if your gonna get passes or not) and now its $50 more per night so I feel I saved money!

• Options
    MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    Anyone think they'll go on sale before Nov 1st? If they do I may not be able to afford all 3 days now with the price increase.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Anyone think they'll go on sale before Nov 1st? If they do I may not be able to afford all 3 days now with the price increase.

Its been in November, after PAX AUS, the past two years. But they have also gone on sale closer (than now) to the con date only once. My money is on Nov 9th or 16th (more likely the latter), but I'm taking all precautions and hovering like a MF in the meantime.

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    Ok thanks. I really hope it's at least Nov 1st.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • Options
    DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    I dunno, they updated the website which means start being alert. I doubt they will wait until november

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    josephfleury, you bring up a good point that I had forgot about with Khoo. I don't keep up with the behind the scenes stuff about running PAX. I know Khoo was the "president and spokesperson" for the company and that Krahulik and Holkins would take over for him for the time being. Have they announced a new president, because I haven't seen anything on Google yet.

• Options
    ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    They better bring back 3 day passes, im not paying almost 200 for 3 days -_-. Ill just skip this year if thats the case and save for another convention.

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    I honestly think with them switching it to soon they will not wait another almost month to go on sale

• Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    I'd give it another week or two before we get the announcement. Everyone just be prepared and follow their official Twitter. ;)

• Options
    Does anyone know the times between seeing soon on the site and when tickets actually go on sale for previous years?

• Options
    JasujoJasujo New York, USARegistered User regular
    I was hoping they'd wait until after PAX Australia was done. Our funds are still recovering from school shopping. lol November is a nice time between school supplies and Christmas. :)

zidydOc.png
  • Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the times between seeing soon on the site and when tickets actually go on sale for previous years?

It's hard to say, last year they updated the sign to soon on the same day that they released tickets(which was mid November last year).

• Options
    DragantDragant BostonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'm only seeing single day prices on the Attendee Registration area. Wonder if they stopped 3 day passes. In all honestly, they should either offer 3 day passes to everyone, or none at all. Kind of unfair to people at work/school missing out on 3 day passes.

Dragant on
  • Options
    MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    West hasn't had weekend passes in several years. I kind of expected this to happened to East sooner or later as passes had similar demand.

• Options
    Aredhel22Aredhel22 Blue Nova Cosplay PittsburghRegistered User regular
    How much have room blocks been in the past?

cFhq9lX.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I emailed customer service asking if they did away with 3 day passes and got the worst non-answer.

8jhuoq05xwnl.png

Also, how much have room blocks been in the past?

Aredhel22 on
    cFhq9lX.jpg
  • Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Aredhel22 wrote: »

I tend to see around 160?-250 a night? depending on where you go, what type of room you want, etc.

For example, last year i had a quad occupancy at element for 236/night, 216 for triple and 186 at aloft for double (my reservations changed a few times).

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    The timer has been updated #hype hype

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    Coan wrote: »

I tend to see around 160?-250 a night? depending on where you go, what type of room you want, etc.

For example, last year i had a quad occupancy at element for 236/night, 216 for triple and 186 at aloft for double (my reservations changed a few times).

No I'm asking specifically about the room block that the convention reserves at The Westin Boston Waterfront. Do they even reserve blocks at the hotels across the street?

cFhq9lX.jpg
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Aredhel22, they reserve rooms in dozens of hotels citywide. Attendance at PAX can exceed 75,000 people and quite a few of those need rooms, so it's done on a massive scale.

• Options
    That makes sense. Does anyone have any price information regarding The Westin Boston Waterfront? It's the hotel connected to the convention center, and I wanted to know how much a room with two double/queen beds ran.

cFhq9lX.jpg
  • Options
    VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    That makes sense. Does anyone have any price information regarding The Westin Boston Waterfront? It's the hotel connected to the convention center, and I wanted to know how much a room with two double/queen beds ran.

They started using the westin for people presenting, rather than attending. Last year it wasn't even available to attendees. You might plan on the Aloft or Element, they're both owned by the west and are right next door (or a block away from the main entrance if you want to be technical). The Seaport is also close. It's possible you can snag a room at the Westin if they open it up again for attendees, but it tends to run as one of the more expensive places to stay.

• Options
    hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    The Westin was $207 a night for a double last year - about $237 after taxes.

• Options
    I know the Westin wasn't initially part of the rooms offered through OnPeak, but didn't a small block open up about a month or so after?

• Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    Honestly, of the close 5 hotels, the Westin had pretty small rooms (only larger than the Renaissance), though I have not been to the Aloft myself. While it's the closest, I'd pick it 3rd after the Element or Seaport. Pricewise, I think they were all somewhat comparable. Seaport was a bit more expensive, but it's a no-tip hotel, so it balances out - probably around $210/night for a double.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    The stress is insane, I really hate it. As much as I love PAX, having to live at a computer/cell phone from October-November sucks hard. Especially to those who work. I've always managed to be lucky enough to get them, but damn it's getting harder and harder.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    Same, i dont know how ive managed it all these years, last year i was literally about to walk out the door to work, few mins later and i wouldve been driving!

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    Totally agree. This is my least productive time of the year by FAR! I am extremely thankful for each year that I get to go because I know it won't be forever.

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    I don't really understand why it has to be so mysterious. I understand about scalpers and such, but Ticketmaster constantly sells tickets for both bigger and smaller events and it gives far more information in advance. On Ticketmaster, the onsale dates and times (which I'm not suggesting, but would be nice) are readily available a while before the tickets go up, along with prices and ticket limits (which are usually 6-8, not 4, like PAX East was last year). Yes, scalpers get tickets, but so do a lot of regular people. Plus, people do not need to be stressed out, constantly on guard, and unsure when they will need to have the money by.

zidydOc.png
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Jasujo wrote: »
    I don't really understand why it has to be so mysterious. I understand about scalpers and such, but Ticketmaster constantly sells tickets for both bigger and smaller events and it gives far more information in advance. On Ticketmaster, the onsale dates and times (which I'm not suggesting, but would be nice) are readily available a while before the tickets go up, along with prices and ticket limits (which are usually 6-8, not 4, like PAX East was last year). Yes, scalpers get tickets, but so do a lot of regular people. Plus, people do not need to be stressed out, constantly on guard, and unsure when they will need to have the money by.
    Every big event I've seen with onsale dates listed on Ticketmaster has been an absolute shitshow. Everything disappears in under 10 seconds, the site breaks, all of the tickets end up on stub hub right away.

• Options
    Maybe if not listing what day, maybe say the week of? Heck, even saying whether they will go up in October or November would be nice.

zidydOc.png
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Jasujo wrote: »

I think it was 2013/2014 they announced the sale time for PAX East tickets. Both the ticket and hotel sites were inoperable. It was the only year I didn't get a 3 day badge, got 3 single day tickets. It was great knowing when, but it crazy issues. Sadly, there is no better way to do it.

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I think it was 2013/2014 they announced the sale time for PAX East tickets. Both the ticket and hotel sites were inoperable. It was the only year I didn't get a 3 day badge, got 3 single day tickets. It was great knowing when, but it crazy issues. Sadly, there is no better way to do it.

2014 was the first year I went, and I still haven't been able to get a 3-day pass, but that year was especially hard

EDIT:

It's been confirmed. No more 3 day badges.
    http://east.paxsite.com/news/pax-east-2017-approaches

Aredhel22 on
    cFhq9lX.jpg
  • Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    I know the Westin wasn't initially part of the rooms offered through OnPeak, but didn't a small block open up about a month or so after?

That's correct. I initially booked with the Westin once it opened up, but when I saw the Aloft was cheaper I changed to there instead.

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    I think the only thing the Westin has going for it is being the closest to the center and the skybridge. As far as I'm aware, the other nearby hotels have nicer accommodations or amenities or are a better value. We found the Seaport, Aloft and Element to be a super easy, quick walk from the BCEC, especially since the BCEC itself is longer than the walk to any of those.

• Options
    rick2342rick2342 Registered User new member
    How many tickets can I buy at a time? It's gonna be a group of 3 and I was gonna buy our tickets and since we want to go all 3 days, I'd have to buy a total of 9 tickets since there's no more 3 day passes

• Options
    edited October 2016
    rick2342 wrote: »
    How many tickets can I buy at a time? It's gonna be a group of 3 and I was gonna buy our tickets and since we want to go all 3 days, I'd have to buy a total of 9 tickets since there's no more 3 day passes

Last year the limit was four tickets per day, so you should be good.

Jasujo on
    zidydOc.png
  • Options
    angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    Time to turn off notify on Twitter for everything but official pax lol. Now when my phone beeps I know it's for real.

This discussion has been closed.