As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

USA Presidential Election 2016: Galoot Debate

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

1 - I hope everyone comes through
    2 - be a white guy be a white guy be a white guy

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I'm 100% hufflepuff and that's actually totally fine

Just skatin through getting a respectable but unremarkable GPA, rollin my eyes at all them fools that take their houses too seriously and tryin to make me feel bad about a title a dumb magic hat gave me

You live in a fantastical magic castle stop bein so angsty and eat some fuckin magic cupcakes with me

huff-lepuff amirite HAHAHAHAHA
    The joke is weed.
    I have never smoked weed

Why would you go huff and not puff there

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Hufflepuff is the best house in the same way that Samwise Gamgee is the best Lord of the Rings character

Ain't nothing wrong with being an average joe

samwise wasn't average! he was super devoted to the people he cared about
    Samwise is the guy who appears average and not chosen by destiny except he's the single character who probably most saves the world in LoTR.

...Which huh nice way of defying expectations now that I think about it.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

Just skatin through getting a respectable but unremarkable GPA, rollin my eyes at all them fools that take their houses too seriously and tryin to make me feel bad about a title a dumb magic hat gave me

You live in a fantastical magic castle stop bein so angsty and eat some fuckin magic cupcakes with me

The joke is weed.
    I have never smoked weed

Second spoiler, I assume

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

The joke is weed.
    I have never smoked weed

Ya gotta huff before you can puff

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hufflepuff is the best house in the same way that Samwise Gamgee is the best Lord of the Rings character

Ain't nothing wrong with being an average joe

Samwise is, like, the ultimate hufflepuff. That is loyalty that will move mountains.

Also he fucking saves the entire world towards the end there.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Samwise Gamgee is sort of a precursor to Neville Longbottom

not sure if he's necessarily a Gryffindor, but they both start out completely out of their depth and insecure but with a solid core, end up proving themselves to be super-capable badasses.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My patronus is apparently the website crashing on me when I try to take the quiz

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Id
    Straightzi wrote: »
    My patronus is apparently the website crashing on me when I try to take the quiz

Missingno.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Voldemort when did you get hip to the interwebz.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

not sure if he's necessarily a Gryffindor, but they both start out completely out of their depth and insecure but with a solid core, end up proving themselves to be super-capable badasses.

I would never describe either of them as a badass. they're in no way bragging jerks.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

I would never describe either of them as a badass. they're in no way bragging jerks.

..those aren't the same thing though

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

That shopping center is at the boundary of a very rich neighborhood and the dude was apparently a lawyer who had some kind of falling out with his firm.

• Options
    edited September 2016

they are to me. "badass" for me pretty much requires some aspect of douchebag posturing

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

they are to me. "badass" for me pretty much requires some aspect of douchebag posturing

Nah.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

That shopping center is at the boundary of a very rich neighborhood and the dude was apparently a lawyer who had some kind of falling out with his firm.

River Oaks?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Man, after the polls this morning. I am not looking forward to anything thats happening, I don't see anything happening in the country that suddenly makes people say "oh ive got to vote for the lottery ticket guy." But if trump suddenly starts winning in the polls by +3-5 uniformly i'm going to do my own unskewing, cuz I cannot believe there are that many people on earth that would vote for Trump. I just don't see how the demographics would fit.

Anyway i guess this is my first bedwetting post.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

River Oaks?

West U.

Not quite river oaks, but still up there.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's a dead heat, today was the worst day for Clinton so far. This weekend blew for her for... some reason?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Peoples version of reality terrifies me

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Nah.

"to me"

"for me"

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    why are the polls so close? they shouldn't be this close.

also, the Senate chances have flipped back. what the fuck.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    it's bizarre and frustrating to see media criticism of Hillary land so fucking far away from where my critiques of her are

and then when I call something out as bullshit
    folk assume I'm voting for her

it's gonna be this way through the election, and (assuming she wins) throughout her presidency

I bring this up because the debates are going to be horrible on this count

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »
    It's a dead heat, today was the worst day for Clinton so far. This weekend blew for her for... some reason?

I saw a bunch of my Trump friends posting a lot over the weekend. I think the alt-right crowd was making a deliberate social media push, which could be part of it (it was all shitposting garbage talk, but who knows, apparently that hits the spot for 48.2% of the population), and I saw a couple of articles floating around that alleged that Obama used a pseudonym to talk to Hillary with her private email server. I didn't read them, because I simply do not care, but they were definitely out there.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    The debates are going to be a several hour long trainwreck

Who's moderating tonight?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Slytherin, hummingbird patronus

Yes I'm late

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    why are the polls so close? they shouldn't be this close.

also, the Senate chances have flipped back. what the fuck.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people only start paying attention right around now because they have better things to do than be mad on the internet, or something.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Slytherin, hummingbird patronus

Yes I'm late

that's a pretty awesome pairing tho

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Lester Holt
    Who Trump tweeted would be biased against him because he's a democrat, even though Holt is actually a registered republican

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »

Lester Holt
    Who Trump tweeted would be biased against him because he's a democrat, even though Holt is actually a registered republican

but he looks so democratic!

ya know...

urban

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Don't worry, Trump. It's not like anyone's gonna bully the moderators into doing things like moderating.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    What always pissed me off about the Harry Potter houses was that when they were first introduced in the books they had some nuance, and then it's almost instantly discarded.

Like by the end of that series, Slytherin is so evil that they lock the whole house in there common room in the dungeon because they think they will betray the rest of the school in the final battle. Even the damn 11 year old first years!

They're still like that in material outside the books, but in them they basically could have been named heroes, villains, sidekicks, and nerds no one remembers.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

Charlotte riots is the best reason I can think of.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I saw a bunch of my Trump friends posting a lot over the weekend. I think the alt-right crowd was making a deliberate social media push, which could be part of it (it was all shitposting garbage talk, but who knows, apparently that hits the spot for 48.2% of the population), and I saw a couple of articles floating around that alleged that Obama used a pseudonym to talk to Hillary with her private email server. I didn't read them, because I simply do not care, but they were definitely out there.

Garbage talk absolutely hits the spot for a majority of the voting public in this country, on both sides of the aisle, if we're being honest (although being concerned with verifying facts does trend more toward liberals). So many people just hear what they want to hear and we live in a society that not only has the means to create highly-specialized echo chambers, but where the wrong people have figured out how to capitalize on it for massive personal benefits.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    I hope she rips off his head on live national television, drops trou, and shits down his neck.

They'd probably spend hours discussing her BM and how it proves shes sick.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

Man, Twitter sure seems like a shitty company with shitty policies on blocking/banning people

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have heard from reliable sources that Trump intends to reinstate the use of Dementors in our prisons

Also apparently I'm Ravenclaw, with a Hummingbird patronus

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Twitter is garbage and it doesn't matter unless you're willing to walk away from it. The answer to all "why doesn't Twitter do anything about x" is "they know you won't leave"

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

Charlotte riots is the best reason I can think of.

I *hope* it didn't have anything to do with Cruz giving in... Like, any supporters he might have had saying "Well if this sack of geese thinks Trump's OK then I'll vote for him."

This discussion has been closed.