Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Humanity has jumped the shark

HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of AuRegistered User regular
edited April 2007 in Social Entropy++
I read a lot of letters to the editor. I enjoy reading the ramblings of the generally ignorant masses trying to scribble their addled thoughts on paper and get them printed by the local news. I've seen a lot of stupid during my time reading these things. Not just things I have differing opinions on. I can live with that. I'm talking about people saying things so stupid, it just makes you feel numb inside. I present you with this letter written by Ms. Connie M. Meskimen of Hot Springs, Arkansas. We are all doomed.

Daylight exacerbates warning

You may have noticed that March of this year was particularly hot. As a matter of fact, I understand that it was the hottest March since the beginning of the last century. All of the trees were fully leafed out and legions of bugs and snakes were crawling around during a time in Arkansas when, on a normal year, we might see a snowflake or two. This should come as no surprise to any reasonable person. As you know, Daylight Saving Time started almost a month early this year. You would think that members of Congress would have considered the warming effect that an extra hour of daylight would have on our climate. Or did they ? Perhaps this is another plot by a liberal Congress to make us believe that global warming is a real threat. Perhaps next time there should be serious studies performed before Congress passes laws with such far-reaching effects.
CONNIE M. MESKIMEN / Hot Springs

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Editorial/187608

TL;DR: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ADDS MORE SUNLIGHT TO EARTH CAUSING THE GLOBAL WARMING EFFECT!

Yes folks, by adjusting clocks an hour ahead a month earlier this year, we actually added 1 hour of sunlight to the earth for that longer period. Daylight savings time is causing more solar rays to hit the earth, thus causing warming. The liberal congress can now control how much sunlight a given spot on the earth receives in an effort to promote their anti-industrial global warming agenda. Next, terrorist leader Destro Bin Laden of the Al-Ja Cobra cell will create a Weather Dominator to control us all and then make out with the Baroness.

Hunter on