As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

U mad?

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    You can get 12 free months of Prime a year huh

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    I love that letter and I hope you hold on to it

like that needs to show up at your sister's wedding

honestly, it will 100% come up at her wedding

and 100% cause her to lose her shit to an equal level as when she wrote the letter

u a shit desturber dogg

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Knight_ wrote: »
    so, i wouldn't say mad, but irked at my first world problems.

bought something amazon 2 day wednesday morning. they said saturday, ok whatever that was fast enough.

UPS didn't get it to USPS until this afternoon, so it missed the trucks by about 12 hours, and now i won't get it until monday, and i won't be able to work on the broke ass couch in my house until next weekend. "guaranteed" delivery date more like.

If you have Prime, you can mention that it wasn't delivered on time and they'll give you a month of free Prime by extending your renew date for free. You can do this, I believe, up to 12 times a year.

I do. I was trying to find a place to report it on the website, but i always forget where the right place is and they're not exactly forthcoming.

Generally I don't mind Smartpost since USPS actually can find my house unlike UPS who half the time delivers down the street because they can't read signs.

edit: lol i called them and they said it might not come until tuesday because ???.

I can go on amazon right now and buy the exact same item same day shipping and it'll be here tomorrow. And I feel too guilty pressing the people just randomly working customer service to give me free stuff if they don't offer, since that job has to be terrible and I bet most people who call them act like trash people.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I do. I was trying to find a place to report it on the website, but i always forget where the right place is and they're not exactly forthcoming.

Generally I don't mind Smartpost since USPS actually can find my house unlike UPS who half the time delivers down the street because they can't read signs.

edit: lol i called them and they said it might not come until tuesday because ???.

I can go on amazon right now and buy the exact same item same day shipping and it'll be here tomorrow. And I feel too guilty pressing the people just randomly working customer service to give me free stuff if they don't offer, since that job has to be terrible and I bet most people who call them act like trash people.

I'm sure they don't mind if you're nice about it. You don't have to make a big fuss or anything, since this is listed in the Prime contract agreement. I've done this twice, and all I did was use their online chat service through their "Contact Us" page, it's really fast. I've just said basically "hello, I had a package that was supposed to be delivered on ___ but it was delayed/cancelled. I have Prime and would like a free month, please. Thank you" and that's it.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    sHX7LBQ.png

how would you like an arcade cabinet that you likely couldn't fit in your house, was already horribly out of date, would likely be painful to play, and costs ~$15000 USD?

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/12995

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Is the exchange rate so low where 99,000 canadian equals only 15000 USD?

• Options
    i want to go to a house that has that in it, and then just burst into 10 minutes of continuous laughter.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That is a really fucked up price point for an arcade cabinet unless it comes with its own real estate plot you own. The parts to build it can't be much more than a thousand bucks, and the labor likely wouldn't even be that much.

That they have the audacity to ask $99,000 Canadian for it is disgusting.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I do like the "May we recommend" section though.

Just seems to be saying "If you're dumb enough to pay 10k for an arcade game that's too big to actually play without a ladder, we're guessing you're the kind of person that has some VHS tapes around that you'd like converted to DVD. Also, all those iPhone pictures that you want to share, but you still can't figure out facebook? We've got you covered.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    but the neck and shoulders wrap looks nice

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Since this is pretty much the place where I've been complaining about it.

I.... glad bro?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Edit wait I guess this is kinda political, gonna erase.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    holy crap, I just went to the link and watched the video. The inventor is such a mook. He made it because all he saw on TV was bad news. There's a lot to unpack there.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It's 38F and our buildings heat hasn't been on for two or three days. Our elevator has been broken for a month. I finally found contact info for the real estate LLC that owns this building and got an investigation going into the elevator situation, but today I'm just getting every tenant I run into to call or email to have somebody come by and reset our stupid heating boiler.

• Options
    I got the heat turned on!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just had lunch with someone really pompous and facile and it's made me grumpy.

Reducing the issue of labour outsourcing to third world countries to "people in the west demand too much money/ they're willing to work hard and we aren't" makes me snippy

I may have said something snarky about the work ethic of Bangladeshi ten year olds.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    holy crap, I just went to the link and watched the video. The inventor is such a mook. He made it because all he saw on TV was bad news. There's a lot to unpack there.

I'm having trouble figuring out what you're replying to, here

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I just had lunch with someone really pompous and facile and it's made me grumpy.

Reducing the issue of labour outsourcing to third world countries to "people in the west demand too much money/ they're willing to work hard and we aren't" makes me snippy

I may have said something snarky about the work ethic of Bangladeshi ten year olds.

what absolutely floors me is these people can't see slavery for what it is because they disguise it as saving money

keeping labor in the first world isn't even really that expensive at the end of the day, but big conglomerates (like walmart) push to the very fucking last penny, so there we have it

someone crunched the numbers a while back, but, Apple could move the entire foxconn plants back to the US on their own dime and employ laborers at $15/hr and it'd still only cost something like $20 more for an iphone, and the worst part about that is Apple could 100% eat that cost themselves without passing it on to the consumers (not that they ever would)

/rant

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Is the exchange rate so low where 99,000 canadian equals only 15000 USD?

typo on my part

it's ~$75000 USD

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

what absolutely floors me is these people can't see slavery for what it is because they disguise it as saving money

keeping labor in the first world isn't even really that expensive at the end of the day, but big conglomerates (like walmart) push to the very fucking last penny, so there we have it

someone crunched the numbers a while back, but, Apple could move the entire foxconn plants back to the US on their own dime and employ laborers at $15/hr and it'd still only cost something like $20 more for an iphone, and the worst part about that is Apple could 100% eat that cost themselves without passing it on to the consumers (not that they ever would)

/rant

That math seems wrong... Foxconn has incredible economies of scale due to how their factories and supply lines work. Numbers I heard a few years ago were thousands of dollars for an iphone.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm mad at Chicago having snow.

Mom was meant to catch a plane in Philly tonight, but that plane was stuck in chicago due to snow.

So Mom misses her connecting flight in San Fran, has to get a hotel in SF, and is now not going to be here until early Wed morning, rather than normal tuesday morning.

stupid winter.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    bowen wrote: »

/rant

That math seems wrong... Foxconn has incredible economies of scale due to how their factories and supply lines work. Numbers I heard a few years ago were thousands of dollars for an iphone.

Yeah if you read that one asinine estimate of their logistics it'd put it near $2000-4000, but that ignores economies of scale itself.

But if that entire supply line made its way back, the labor itself isn't really a large cost of the end product.

Edit: Basically the ones that say "this is what an all american iphone costs:" and puts it in the 2k+ish range are basing it entirely on a completely 100% new american factory and supply line competing with the current overseas foxconn.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/601491/the-all-american-iphone/

(yeah I read that marketplace.org one a few years ago, it's bullshit)

• Options
    Also Nuka and I are both sick and I just spent half an hour trying to find a nearby hotel with really large bathtubs with the idea of we could go relax and soak, our apartment only having a shitty shower stall big enough for one person at a time.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    how about a livestock watering tank? Are they cheap?

• Options
    Oooor, if that won't fit through your apartment door, how about a kiddie pool?

Maybe an inflatable raft?

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Apparently our only local vape shop closed. No, that's not why I'm mad, I'm mad because people are blaming the closure on this 'silly' bylaw that forbids vaping in the store. Damn government interfering in our right to spew plumes of water vapour in enclosed spaces.

• Options
    Label that is the definition of being an unhelpful ass.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm mad that the local homebrewing supplies shop was replaced by a vape shop.

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    im mad because i just found out bowie was a rapist

• Options
    I'm sorry. I'm remembering when my family grew up with a homemade solar hot tub. It was made out of a giant rubbermaid stock tank, a water pump, and about 100 feet of black plastic garden hose.

Sorta like this?
    Except I think our tank was bigger.

And the idea of rigging some shit up like that in a tiny city apartment is making me laugh my ass off.

I recognize that might not be how someone else would experience that, though. I'm sorry.

• Options
    My left L5 facet or whatever is pinching a nerve causing random muscle groups down my left leg to twitch and pulse, my upper back and neck are sore as hell from days of heavy coughing and sneezing, and Nuka is sick now too going through the first stages of what I'm just starting to get over, and yeah I had mentally berate myself to keep from booking us a room down the street just so we could relax in a real tub and a bed we don't have to make. I almost pulled the trigger on that and kinda wish I had.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Hello mad thread

I have leftover pizza for lunch today and my only option to reheat it was a microwave

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Griswold wrote: »
    Hello mad thread

I have leftover pizza for lunch today and my only option to reheat it was a microwave

eat it cold

still good

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Unless it's Hawaiian, too much hard cheese to eat cold.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    My left L5 facet or whatever is pinching a nerve causing random muscle groups down my left leg to twitch and pulse, my upper back and neck are sore as hell from days of heavy coughing and sneezing, and Nuka is sick now too going through the first stages of what I'm just starting to get over, and yeah I had mentally berate myself to keep from booking us a room down the street just so we could relax in a real tub and a bed we don't have to make. I almost pulled the trigger on that and kinda wish I had.

Would it be cheaper to get a trial gym membership somewhere close and utilize their sauna / hot tub technology?

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Yea I'm mad. Spirit airlines I have now tried 3 times to book this damn flight. Let me give you money. Quit hanging at the last step.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Actually buying your ticket costs extra with Spirit. Nothing is free.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm mad that my new TV has been sitting on the delivery truck for six hours and I want to leave work early since I'm sick and want to plug in my new TV but the buzzer at my apartment is broken so I got it delivered to my work and it should have been here last Friday already!

In short, first world problems. But I really want to be sick at home, and not at work.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Actually buying your ticket costs extra with Spirit. Nothing is free.

I can't even be mad at spirit for all that silliness. I know what I'm getting into, and it's still cheaper than others. (Though im spoiled coming out of Atlanta) just take my money, let me put my butt in that seat that won't recline.

This discussion has been closed.