As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Mean Streets of Gadgetzan arrives Dec 1st!

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I still haven't seen a Hunter or Paladin in over 150 games. Is that just chance or are they actually nonexistant?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I still haven't seen a Hunter or Paladin in over 150 games. Is that just chance or are they actually nonexistant?

They are present at ranks 15+

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Paladin seems kinda bad right now. I don't know why no Hunters, I guess midrange hunter doesn't hold up well to pirate aggro.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Handbuff aggro paladin is good! I don't know why more people aren't playing it.

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »

Loses hard to Jade Druid, which is also popular, would be my best guess

Steam profile
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I hadn't noticed that Finja is holding swordfish for his swords

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Paladin gets bodied by Jade Druid and Hunter gets bodied by Pirate Warrior.

I think there's some potential for decks there once people figure out how to tech for the matchups, though.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

I keep seeing people say that but that has not been my experience. Small sample size, admittedly.

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Is there anything sweeter right now than this sight?

gjHqqXJ.jpg

My reno priest is good enough for rank 8 so far.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I played against a mage today who messed up and pinged an acolyte of pain to 10 cards in hand. I daggered it and run a 1/1 into it, burning both his ice blocks, which caused him to immediately concede.

Don't freeze mage on autopilot, folks.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Priest puts so much pressure now, Jesus Christ. I want to mulligan like they won't do anything until turn 6 again.

Coinage on
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Tried playing some Dragon Priest to beat Pirate Warrior, but I can't handle auto losing to Jade Druid. Smorc is the only way forward.

What decklist were you running...? I went 6-1 against Jade Druid with Dragon Priest today.

Their removal isn't good enough to deal with all your large, beefy midgame dudes. I saw StrifeCro doing well in the matchup on stream the other day, as well.

Reynad's list: http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/reynads-dragon-priest-ft-wrathion-mean-streets-of-gadgetzan/

Had a guy whose turn 9 was Fandral > Jade Idol > Innervate > Nourish > Raven Idol > Jade Idol > Jade Idol

Reynad's decklist is...weird. Faerie Dragon is a really bad card in a grindy mid-range deck. I don't like Northshire as a 2-of. Second one is worthless too frequently. Netherspite Historian is too good to not run (gives you low curve minions in fast matches, huge dudes in slow ones, extra Drakonid Operatives [which are themselves the whole reason to run the deck]).

Also not running 2x SWD and 1x Entomb is madness, no wonder this list struggles against anything slower than aggro pirates, its spot removal for anything larger than 3 attack is flat out non-existent.

Also not running Brann is weird? He's so good with so many cards in Dragon Priest.

For reference, here's a list I went 13-7 with today. Small sample size, but losses were mostly down to my opponent drawing the nuts (which you'll never beat) or misplays in retrospect. I think it has a lot of potential with some tuning.

9bckubf5hv3w.jpg

The way it beats Jade Druid is by just flooding the board with stuff they can't efficiently get rid of and tempo-ing out their Golems with your removal cards.

I really like your deck. I can confirm, it does indeed handle Jade Druid. You just gotta remember to play fast. They can't handle the board shock.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Savj sitting at #2 EU with dragon reno priest. Really impressive.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Is there anything sweeter right now than this sight?

gjHqqXJ.jpg

My reno priest is good enough for rank 8 so far.

Hit a brotha up with that decklist tho? :winky:

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    gold warrior get

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Dude stole my sylv with pint-sized potion and cabal.

That wasn't possible before. :(

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    Having fun with this jade rogue I made. Currently running 2 beneath the grounds for lols, should probably be replaced with draw/heal for better consistency. Rank 13 or so and climbing.
    f6x9prccpkyk.png

• Options

I keep seeing people say that but that has not been my experience. Small sample size, admittedly.

Just speaking from my own experience, I don't think my Jade Druid deck had lost to a Paladin yet

Steam profile
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Just speaking from my own experience, I don't think my Jade Druid deck had lost to a Paladin yet

I have a couple of times. From what I can tell Paladins either get the complete nuts or they're largely fucked. If they do get all the right buffs, there's a good chance you can't stop what's coming outside of killing them before it hits the board.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

I've had to step my paint game up to bring you this Dibby

KtPjO5E.jpg

• Options
    Finally actually got a chance to really dig into the New Shit today. And not just Pirate Warrior at Rank 17 :P

KGYf8sW.png

Reno Mage! Used someone else's list as a base to get me started, but with my own alterations. It's a FUN list. I've won two games now without even drawing Ice Block either so that's something. Brann has SO many good targets. Book, Scarab, Courier, Chemist, Kazakus. Playing Brann into two of those late game is gonna instantly refill your hand.

Also here's a replay of a harrowing game I just had vs a Jade Rogue: https://hsreplay.net/replay/veSHHmBuLTksDvqUb426bR

I pulled off both a Reno+Soulcaster AND a Solia+Flamestrike that game :winky: :winky: :winky:

And some notes:
    - On Turn 4 when I played out Kazakus maybe I shouldn't have? I had a gut feeling I'd need an answer for something soon though and I wasn't sure if I could wait til Turn 7 to Brann it. It paid off in the end though.
    - On Turn 8, I pinged the Azure Drake cause I was thinking I was gonna Thalnos+Blizzard next turn. Then he played Aya and I was like fuck it, I'll just Kazakus Potion. I don't think it was wrong to set up for Thalnos+Blizzard though, this deck is all about options.
    - Similarly on Turn 9, after I Kazakus Potion'd, I pinged the Jade Golem, once again setting up for a possibility of Blizzard or Flamestrike. I ended up killing it with Fireball later but again I don't think it was wrong.
    - I could've Flamestriked on Turn 14, but I opted to save it and instead use Torch on the Drake and trade in. I think it would've been a bad Flamestrike and it turns out it was a good thing I saved it for later on.
    - On Turn 17 I attack with Thaurissan into the Vaporize. I could've not and then gotten another activation. But my thought process here was it's either Ice Block, Ice Barrier, or Vaporize (tested for everything else at that point). I had a 66% chance of it not being Vaporize and if it wasn't, it would've helped push for lethal. It turned out to be Vaporize anyway. Maybe I should've just held the attack, but it did get it out of the way for Solia.

SUPER fun deck though. It really is a thinkyperson's kinda deck. Lots of options each turn to mull over.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm not having the best luck with my Krul the unshackled Warlock Deck.

Anything glaring you folk can see?
    Sacrificial Pact
    Blood Imp
    Corruption
    Flame imp
    Mortal Coil
    Voidwalker
    Dark Peddler
    Demonfire
    Demonfuse
    Succubus
    Wrathguard
    Bloodfury Potion
    Demonwrath
    Drain Life
    Felguard
    Sense Demons
    Shadow Bolt
    Crystalweaver x2
    Pit Lord
    Shadowflame
    Bane of Doom
    Fen Creeper
    Prince Malchezaar
    Dread Infernal
    Kabal Trafficker
    Siphon Soul
    Abyssal Enforcer
    Fearsome Doomguard
    Krul the Unshackled

Basically, i reduced the duplicates as much as possible to make it easier on me knowing when i can use Krul. So now i know as soon as I have Crystalweaver, I can Krul it up.

Problem is, I never seem to get a good curve going in the earlier game. What would you recommend?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Well, this happened!

https://youtu.be/EAdoKHZFRFg

• Options
    HOW TO BEAT PIRATE WARRIORZ:

Cy2O03yXcAAVDTs.jpg

MAKE THEM RAGE QUIT WITH RENO+SOULCASTER

:rotate:

i love this deck

so much

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

Sacrificial Pact
    Blood Imp
    Corruption
    Flame imp
    Mortal Coil
    Voidwalker
    Dark Peddler
    Demonfire
    Demonfuse
    Succubus
    Wrathguard
    Bloodfury Potion
    Demonwrath
    Drain Life
    Felguard
    Sense Demons
    Shadow Bolt
    Crystalweaver x2
    Pit Lord
    Shadowflame
    Bane of Doom
    Fen Creeper
    Prince Malchezaar
    Dread Infernal
    Kabal Trafficker
    Siphon Soul
    Abyssal Enforcer
    Fearsome Doomguard
    Krul the Unshackled

Basically, i reduced the duplicates as much as possible to make it easier on me knowing when i can use Krul. So now i know as soon as I have Crystalweaver, I can Krul it up.

Problem is, I never seem to get a good curve going in the earlier game. What would you recommend?

The non dupe requirement cards light up when you can use them.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Sacrificial Pact
    Blood Imp
    Corruption
    Flame imp
    Mortal Coil
    Voidwalker
    Dark Peddler
    Demonfire
    Demonfuse
    Succubus
    Wrathguard
    Bloodfury Potion
    Demonwrath
    Drain Life
    Felguard
    Sense Demons
    Shadow Bolt
    Crystalweaver x2
    Pit Lord
    Shadowflame
    Bane of Doom
    Fen Creeper
    Prince Malchezaar
    Dread Infernal
    Kabal Trafficker
    Siphon Soul
    Abyssal Enforcer
    Fearsome Doomguard
    Krul the Unshackled

Yeah, I noticed that.

I have no idea what's a good ratio of dupes to uniques in a reno-style deck, though.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

I've had to step my paint game up to bring you this Dibby

KtPjO5E.jpg

I built this and ran a game this morning before heading to work. Got paired against Dragon Priest, which was a mildly tough match-up. I managed to stay just ahead of him in terms of controlling the board until the whole thing collapsed in the last two turns of the game where he hit fatigue and I dropped N'Zoth, summoning a full board including 2 Sylvanas.

• Options
    Savjz playing his reno priest vs. a reno warlock. Goes down to fatigue, warlock has one card left in his deck, very low on life, and has just played 10 mana kazakus potion to resurrect, among other things, a mountain giant.

On his turn Savjz plays Drakonid Operative to discover the last warlock card--Brann is already on the board. Warlock's last card? Reno Jackson.

So Savjz played three Renos over the course of that game. It was a great game to watch.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Sacrificial Pact
    Blood Imp
    Corruption
    Flame imp
    Mortal Coil
    Voidwalker
    Dark Peddler
    Demonfire
    Demonfuse
    Succubus
    Wrathguard
    Bloodfury Potion
    Demonwrath
    Drain Life
    Felguard
    Sense Demons
    Shadow Bolt
    Crystalweaver x2
    Pit Lord
    Shadowflame
    Bane of Doom
    Fen Creeper
    Prince Malchezaar
    Dread Infernal
    Kabal Trafficker
    Siphon Soul
    Abyssal Enforcer
    Fearsome Doomguard
    Krul the Unshackled

Yeah, I noticed that.

I have no idea what's a good ratio of dupes to uniques in a reno-style deck, though.

The closer to zero dupes the better.

I may try this deck. I need something interesting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular

Sacrificial Pact
    Blood Imp
    Corruption
    Flame imp
    Mortal Coil
    Voidwalker
    Dark Peddler
    Demonfire
    Demonfuse
    Succubus
    Wrathguard
    Bloodfury Potion
    Demonwrath
    Drain Life
    Felguard
    Sense Demons
    Shadow Bolt
    Crystalweaver x2
    Pit Lord
    Shadowflame
    Bane of Doom
    Fen Creeper
    Prince Malchezaar
    Dread Infernal
    Kabal Trafficker
    Siphon Soul
    Abyssal Enforcer
    Fearsome Doomguard
    Krul the Unshackled

Tempo Demonlock, interesting! I would cut Blood Imp, Corruption, Demonfuse and Drain Life, they are too weak for what you want. Prince Malchezar should go as well, as he dilutes your deck too much - you're almost certainly better off running more duplicates of the 1-2 drops you will mully aggressively for to help fix your curve.

Power Overwhelming and Tiny Knight of Evil seem like no-brainer additions. I would personally run Doomguard - as you aren't running Reno, Kazakus or combo there's no real reason not to have him; if you lose Krul I'm sure you'll figure out something in the 4 turns Doomguard is doing work. Kabal Courier is good filler, I think Warlock benefits the most from having all three choices. Silverware Golem and Void Terror are probably just going to be 3/3 for 3s, but if you can snag a Discard or Power Overwhelming boost then there's some real value there.

Kazakus and Reno obviously slot into this deck wonderfully, but I appreciate you might not have access to them.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    barf nevermind

reno mage is an auto-lose to jade druid

there's no way to win vs that deck, period

jade druid is truly the death of control decks

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Sacrificial Pact
    Blood Imp
    Corruption
    Flame imp
    Mortal Coil
    Voidwalker
    Dark Peddler
    Demonfire
    Demonfuse
    Succubus
    Wrathguard
    Bloodfury Potion
    Demonwrath
    Drain Life
    Felguard
    Sense Demons
    Shadow Bolt
    Crystalweaver x2
    Pit Lord
    Shadowflame
    Bane of Doom
    Fen Creeper
    Prince Malchezaar
    Dread Infernal
    Kabal Trafficker
    Siphon Soul
    Abyssal Enforcer
    Fearsome Doomguard
    Krul the Unshackled

Yeah, I noticed that.

I never want more than one set of duplicates in a reno deck. You might be able to get away with a little more since Krul costs 9 instead of 6 and you don't need him on demand to not die. But if you want him consistently active on curve, the less duplicates the better.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    murloc hand buff - adin is the light

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I think Highlander decks with one or two dupes (2x shadowform for example) might be impossible in this super aggressive ladder. The chances of something being inactive when you need it are too high.

• Options
    barf nevermind

It's the death of "outlast your opponent" decks, but not more combo-oriented ones. We'll see

Steam profile
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    barf nevermind

No it's not, you just need to have cards that actually win the game instead of only removal.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    barf nevermind

No it's not, you just need to have cards that actually win the game instead of only removal.

N'zoth or Alex are your best bets. Probably n'zoth.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ratsmah/WanderingSpiderMcaT

if you attempt to kill Daring Reporter with removal that draws a card, they will still get +1/+1

keep that in mind if you're playing damage removal

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    barf nevermind

Finally! This is what I've been saying :)

Actually won two with my reno mage today by simply throwing all burn straight to face. But you are dependant on drawing more burn from Tome or Conjurer or Babbling book.

Edit: also, I think there is a significant difference between Control and combodecks and saying combodecks can still beat Jade Druid, while true, does not prove that control decks can. They are different things! Some of us enjoy control, not combo...

djFindus on
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Traditional control does fine vs Jade decks. It's the fatigue oriented ones that struggle, which I'm fine with, because those decks are usually very strong.

Also, I've beaten Jade Druid and Shaman with my Reno Mage, so it can most certainly be done. Pirate Warrior is more difficult to beat, imo.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
This discussion has been closed.