As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Yellow Inspired Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Confirmed, Gen 8 Late 2019

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Protect, for maximum scumbag and damage/heal stalling

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @The Escape Goat I'm ready if you are! My IGN is Silver :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    THIS IS SO ANIME

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I... Really meant to use Baton Pass

signature.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I totally missed that you actually baton passed to leafeon instead of just switching, didn't I

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So yeah, GG! I was uh, actually under the impression that you were going to try and fight with Eevee, not baton pass off the buff. So, uh... I played that suboptimally, to say the least.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Gg, @The Escape Goat. That was my first gym V gym battle!

Your fake out strategy was a really good call

signature.png
  • Options
    THIS IS SO ANIME

The sheer gathered fierceness of the Council of Eevees is my favorite visual in this whole stupid game

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Also my adrenaline is now 100% completely wiped and I expect to crash shortly aiiiiiiie

But thank you both, Tommy and TEG, for playing Pokemon with me tonight <3

signature.png
  • Options
    The fake out strategy was cute but I'd already lost because what I should have done was switched Kangaskhan in on Eeevee to circle throw whoever you baton passed into.

Although I suppose it didn't really matter because if you'd remembered to pass off the substitute (which I was really confused when I broke the first one in one hit and then not the second, damn RNG) because substitute probably stops both fake out and circle throw. Although Stoutland was packing Roar... but that's tricky because it probably gets Magic Bounce'd. Ah well.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Ooh, I'm not sure if circle throw works through a sub

I was thinking fake out wouldn't work on a non-attack move but I was clearly thinking about another move

signature.png
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Ooh, I'm not sure if circle throw works through a sub

I was thinking fake out wouldn't work on a non-attack move but I was clearly thinking about another move

Sucker Punch! I was considering having that on Kang instead of Circle Throw for extra priority shenanigans but figured it'd be too bad as a 70bp non-stab move. Would have helped vs. Espeon, surely, but there's not that many dark-weak things running around right now. But yeah, Fake Out's restriction is First Impression's, where it has to be the first turn it's in battle, hence why I kept sacrificing my other mons to Espeon to get Kangaskan back into "just entered the battle" state.

Also was very surprised at no Morning Sun on Espeon, that was the move I was waiting for to completely seal the deal.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    P sure circle throw works with a sub up

Also @Wyborn if you're not gonna crash within the hour I'd love to battle you after I get home

Just gotta pick up the lady from work and figure out who I'm gonna switch out with crobat because he honestly feels like the biggest deadweight on the story team

Also I promise if it becomes a stall fight I will be the first to throw in the towel

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry Tommy, I think I need to call it for tonight. I'll definitely fight you another time, though; but since I don't have a gym, so you'll be going up against my challenger team for funsies.

It's been a good day for pokemon fighting

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I went back and checked and Tommy and I took 114 turns before the clock ran out

Both of us were legitimately trying to go as quickly as we could instead of delaying

signature.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    P sure circle throw works with a sub up

Also Wyborn if you're not gonna crash within the hour I'd love to battle you after I get home

Just gotta pick up the lady from work and figure out who I'm gonna switch out with crobat because he honestly feels like the biggest deadweight on the story team

Also I promise if it becomes a stall fight I will be the first to throw in the towel

the fact that crobat did less than half of drampa's health with acrobatics is a very bad sign, jolteon three-shot it with resisted thunderbolts (also PARALYSIS ARR)

drampa is like a real shit 'mon, I'd have to reinvest all its sp.atk into sp.def just to let it survive any non-resisted hit to actually get an attack off, and then its sp.atk probably isn't high enough to surprise one-shot a foretress with flamethrower or something

edit: wait no foretress' spdef is garbage it would totally still ohko

hmmm

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    For the record, it did less than half damage with no item

But Yeah crobat is honestly one of my favorite mons but this one in particular ain't that great.

That said, I think I've only put evs into speed for him

I might try filling out his attack first

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I haven't played Go in months, but I love Gen 2 too much not to give it a shot now.

My goal: to get a Ledian, that most cute of Pokemon.

Already got a Ledyba for the job!

• Options
    oZMntXs.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Okay Gen 2 done. So when's Gen 3? igaa4v3f22pl.png

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    oZMntXs.jpg

This me

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I have pretty much all of the facilities I want in my Festival Plaza, now. Only reasons left to replace anything is getting other quotes from a few fortunetellers or replacing duplicate NPCs.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I still don't understand what the purpose of Festival Plaza is. The only thing I've heard that it does that might be useful is that you can use it to powerlevel Pokemon?

I just can't bring myself to care, I think.

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I still don't understand what the purpose of Festival Plaza is. The only thing I've heard that it does that might be useful is that you can use it to powerlevel Pokemon?

it's also the main avenue for getting bottlecaps to fix pokemon's IVs

but that's only really useful for shinies because breeding for IVs is so, so, so much easier than actually getting something to 100

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The five star kitchen is really helpful in boosting levels. Like seven or nine levels or so per meal, for the two highest coin options

signature.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Is there a way to grind coins for festival plaza? Because talking to people for them seems excruciatingly slow.

• Options
    fortune telling until you get wonder trade is a dece way to do it

but moreso just spamming inverse type matchup events seemed like the fastest way, but is limited by your festival tickets (so 3/day if you don't have a backlog of tickets)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

but moreso just spamming inverse type matchup events seemed like the fastest way, but is limited by your festival tickets (so 3/day if you don't have a backlog of tickets)

If you go online you can also just join games though people are usually doing regular type matchup. Switching between the two really fucks me up.

Either way you always want to be online while playing those because if people join you can get coins for the total correct answers

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    edited February 2017

If you go online you can also just join games though people are usually doing regular type matchup. Switching between the two really fucks me up.

Either way you always want to be online while playing those because if people join you can get coins for the total correct answers

yeah, but I can still bang out personal 5 star for 30 FC a pop in inverse on my own schedule, which is convenient

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I've always been more of a quagsire fan myself but woops is certainly also good

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Now. Will wonder trade deliver them haxxd shinies for me?!

Pretty please?

With a Bounsweet on top?

HyperBallad on
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

Quagsire is the worst. The only time I ever used one was in OG Silver, and I still swapped it for Lapras midway through.

Nothing wrong with Wooper, of course.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

It shouldn't be confusing. What you see is what you get. Rare items, less rare items at low costs, coloured clothes, levels, EVs.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The plaza is just a really weird recreation of a bad mobile game inside of pokemon

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Quagsire is the worst. The only time I ever used one was in OG Silver, and I still swapped it for Lapras midway through.

Nothing wrong with Wooper, of course.

Quagsire is the best! The only time used it was in Platinum, where it carried my team for the entire second half of the game (was like level 75 when I beat the E4), alongside the Luxray that carried me in the first half (and finished ~60).

That was also the run I decided Empoleon is super lame.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Empoleon rules. Quagsire is an oafish lump.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Quilava's cooler than all of them, especially when teamed up with Buizel.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Quagsire's cool. Coming off Gen I where I literally didn't see any reason to ever use Grass types, suddenly having a Water type that was immune to electricity was a real game-changer.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Kay wrote: »
    Quilava's cooler than all of them, especially when teamed up with Buizel.

Quilava is solidly a top 5 Pokémon for me so I can't argue there

And buizel is pretty cute

Actually quilava may have been booted out of to top 5 by rockruff/cutiefly/mareanie, now that I think of it. Why alola mons so cute?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.