Options

[Pokemon] Yellow Inspired Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Confirmed, Gen 8 Late 2019

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I physically cannot comprehend how tanky that drapion is tbh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

Spoiling all my secret tech, huh?

Yeah I am really psyched to use him, liked Drapion since Gen 4 but never got a chance to make a competitive one.

Good game, that RestTalk set seems real strong

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »

Spoiling all my secret tech, huh?

Yeah I am really psyched to use him, liked Drapion since Gen 4 but never got a chance to make a competitive one.

Good game, that RestTalk set seems real strong

Good game! I'm surprised it kept going that well through your sabotage.

I'm like eternally salty at that one move, though. Just the fact that one of your pokemon knew that move basically beats my entire gym, which feels pretty bad.

(And why's it matter being spoiled? It barely got scratched by an SE move from one of the highest attack mons this gen!)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Which move beats your team? The Dark type one? Because I got bad news for you, that's like the most common Dark type move you're gonna see.

• Options
    Which move beats your team? The Dark type one? Because I got bad news for you, that's like the most common Dark type move you're gonna see.

I know. I was complaining about them buffing it on Showdown for a week before I stopped playing it because I was getting too mad. That should be a tech move to specifically deal with teams like mine, but nope, they made it Actually A Good Move so it's on every team now. Le sigh.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok, so I'm looking to collect some of the new Alola stuff, like some of the fun HA Pokes. I also have a bunch of leftovers from my last few breeding projects to give away (Magnemites, Chanseys, Rotoms, and Shroomish right now, with a single of Heracross, Piplup, and Larvestra as well), so if people want those they're available.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I know. I was complaining about them buffing it on Showdown for a week before I stopped playing it because I was getting too mad. That should be a tech move to specifically deal with teams like mine, but nope, they made it Actually A Good Move so it's on every team now. Le sigh.
    Wait showdown calculator is telling me Bewear should be 2HKOing Drapion including recovery (assuming an optimal physical defense build), but it only took like 30% from EQ. My Bewear is Adamant, perfect attack, and full attack EVs... weird.

Also I just don't know how to play around knock off. Killing it first wasn't an option because EQ only tickled it, and even if it was I was still gonna lose at least one item. Just design sets around losing the item? Because that sounds extra stupid to me, it just completely invalidates the build-around items. And you can't even taunt to prevent it!

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Wait showdown calculator is telling me Bewear should be 2HKOing Drapion including recovery (assuming an optimal physical defense build), but it only took like 30% from EQ. My Bewear is Adamant, perfect attack, and full attack EVs... weird.

Also I just don't know how to play around knock off. Killing it first wasn't an option because EQ only tickled it, and even if it was I was still gonna lose at least one item. Just design sets around losing the item? Because that sounds extra stupid to me, it just completely invalidates the build-around items. And you can't even taunt to prevent it!
    Grassy Terrain weakens the effect of Earthquake. That's why it didn't do more damage (Also why I was not afraid to switch it in).

What item did Bewear have anyway that was so damaging? I was talking about the Eviolite on your Type: Null. Which I mean, while good, the problem is that Type: Null wants a better recovery move than RestTalk.

• Options

Grassy Terrain weakens the effect of Earthquake. That's why it didn't do more damage (Also why I was not afraid to switch it in).

What item did Bewear have anyway that was so damaging? I was talking about the Eviolite on your Type: Null. Which I mean, while good, the problem is that Type: Null wants a better recovery move than RestTalk.
    like yeah, I know RestTalk isn't ideal, but if it still had Eviolite it could have beaten your special sweeper instead of just dying. And I'm running Assault Vest on Bewear which is kinda important to it living.

Also yeah, I literally went and googled grassy surge to figure out what it does when it came into play, didn't notice the EQ reduction. Does it reduce all ground moves or literally just EQ?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Ok, if anyone has a Drilbur with Mold Breaker, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Nevermind! That was one of the easier GTS searches I've ever had.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Yo any gym leaders want a challenger? I have a day off and a story team ready to smash

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Yo any gym leaders want a challenger? I have a day off and a story team ready to smash

I'll go add your FC right now

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular

I'm available right after if you'd like to battle my eevees. Send me an @ whenever. :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    When you're free afterward, Goat, I want to fight

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    When you're free afterward, Goat, I want to fight

@Wyborn I'm not sure Tommy is around right now so if you want to hop on we can go!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    @Shen would you like me to make a badge for you

And are you available so I can fight you

(@Knob I can make one for you too if you'd like!)

signature.png
  • Options
    I'll be on in a moment, then. Look for Cam or Cameron.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'll be on in a moment, then. Look for Cam or Cameron.

and just to confuse me there's a cameron on my guest list who isn't on my friend list

(you don't happen to live in toronto, do you?)

edit: lmao that may have actually been you

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Wyborn and I both live in Toronto, yep!

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Good game!

I, uh

Kind of can't believe how beefy Type Null is

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    and congrats to wyborn for getting the hug badge!

with that I'm gonna be a party pooper and withdraw from the league. Wyborn wasn't even doing anything I'd considering close to degenerate (well, maybe pyuku could be construed that way, but it didn't even effect that battle), I'm just not having fun in these battles. It's probably some function of me not being very good at multiplayer pokemon, but also not wanting to get better at it (because if I'm going to invest my time in a game like that I want to know the developer actually has some interest in maintaining the balance of the scene). So I just end up getting tilted really hard the first time something goes against me because I have no idea how to recover from it.

Hope y'all have fun with the rest of the battles!
    Good game!

I, uh

Kind of can't believe how beefy Type Null is

95/95/95 defensive stats with eviolite is some shit. But uh, is rain 2x damage? Because I was NOT expecting Scald to KO it after Hurricane barely did anything. Not being able to get that rest off pretty much put me in "I've lost" mode.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Aw TEG I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend in any way. I hope you reconsider at some point, though yeah if you don't have fun in spite of losing more often than not then it's probably a bad idea to roll as a gym leader, maybe.

For what it's worth I liked your team and SilverWind will attest that I started bellowing when you hit Pyukumuku with Toxic, and that Baewear gave me the sweats

And rain is 1.5x damage, I think the RNG was just higher for damage on Scald than on Hurricane

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I was not expect such a fast response! I'll be online in a moment

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Aw TEG I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend in any way. I hope you reconsider at some point, though yeah if you don't have fun in spite of losing more often than not then it's probably a bad idea to roll as a gym leader, maybe.

For what it's worth I liked your team and SilverWind will attest that I started bellowing when you hit Pyukumuku with Toxic, and that Baewear gave me the sweats

And rain is 1.5x damage, I think the RNG was just higher for damage on Scald than on Hurricane

It's not even so much the losing thing but even if I was winning I'd be spending 70% of the game really mad and that's just not good for my mental health. I keep trying to come back to multiplayer Pokemon through simulators like once a year and end up getting back out of it faster each time because I remember it's just not a fun gameplay loop for me, even though I keep wanting it to be because I enjoy the single player game.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    That's fair. Pokemon is frustrating as shit, and it took me a couple of weeks on Showdown to feel better about it.

Still, it was a very good match and I'm glad I got to play with you.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Goat you wanna fighto??

Also, why is your favorite title the health and safety information

I posted this without updating the thread. I'm sorry TEG, if you're all tuckered out I completely understand

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Wyborn I just added your fc so you're up next!!

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Goat you wanna fighto??

That seems like a helpful thing to be a fan of.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Did you want a regular battle with Wyborn? I'm the one with the gym so feel free to challenge meeeee :D

signature.png
  • Options
    Goat you wanna fighto??

alright, I'll get on and fight since I said I would earlier, be right on

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    @Nirya In the meantime

Wanna throw hands one more time?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Yeah we can.

I should warn you that I'm currently breeding to update the team, so what you fight right now is almost a beta version at this point.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Goat you wanna fighto??

I'm on now but don't see you

festival plaza is real dumb

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going to assume that Metagross is feature-locked regardless

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I'm going to assume that Metagross is feature-locked regardless

Yeah, essentially switching out Lucario for Exadrill, which I never used before since I found Sand Rush to be bullshit but this Mold Breaker build looks less-bullshit, and fixes my Magnezone problem.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Goat you wanna fighto??

I'm on now but don't see you

festival plaza is real dumb

Yeah I accepted your request and then it said connection was interrupted. Sending another now

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    God I had a gym team I was breeding and now I have no idea what I was doing anymore

This is why we don't take month long breaks from Pokémon huh

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Wyborn and I are basically forced to sit 2 feet from our router to maintain a stable battle connection

signature.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    God DAMN

E: FUCK

ahHaha

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Boy, everything that could have gone wrong there did.

Congrats to Wyborn on earning the Industry Badge!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
This discussion has been closed.