As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hotel Torhammer [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Re: Jontron's ancestry, it's why white nationalist meetings hilariously break into fights as everyone tries to no-true-whiteman each other out of the group

The thing with purity testing is that it's never finished. You just keep shifting the goalposts so you never have to stop doing it.

Probably my favorite part of the Jon Jafari / Steven Bonnell debate was when Jon adamantly refused to believe that Irish people didn't used to be considered white

"That's ridiculous! They're super white; I... I don't believe you!"

Jon Jafari is really dumb and is bad at argument. He doesn't fully understand the kind of people he consorts with these days, and when he is confronted with it, his best response is... "nuh uh!"

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Aioua wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    1) I think I use the word "orthogonal" too much, but it's useful

2) Aioua you said I'd want an autosiphon. You were correct, but not for wine, for siphoning nasty water out of crayfish tanks

3) I keep talking to the crayfish and giving them affectionate group names and something is wrong with me

orthogonal is a great word who dares suggest it can be overused

It is, but I don't know if everyone knows what it means when I'm grading papers. I should just write "independent."

oh hmm I didn't know the stats definition

I just use it as an opposite to 'diagonal'

Right, hence me thinking "Maybe I shouldn't use it."

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The idea of white people and "racial purity" cracks me up because like isn't there pretty good evidence the first people would have been from the Africa/Egypt area and pretty dark skinned?

My new favorite is that if you are light skinned it is because your ancestors knocked boots with Neanderthals most likely.

::looks at beard, then looks at hair on toes::

checks out.

Nah

The cranial bun is the biggest giveaway your ancestors might have fucked some cave people. It's rare in humans but was a dominant trait in neanderthals IIRC.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Yes but how many have been defenestrated?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Henroid wrote: »
    This is why Twitter eventually created easier tweet-chains to follow. When someone replies to themself and continue to respond in that fashion, when you click to read the tweet all of their responses will be lined up orderly after it.

So damn much of Twitter's functionality was created by the actual users and then formally implemented by Twitter.

At-mentions, retweets, all by users.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Woa, I'm straight.

Though I'm surprised that the decapitation thing is only 4%. I would totally say yes to that just for the lulz.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    1) I think I use the word "orthogonal" too much, but it's useful

2) Aioua you said I'd want an autosiphon. You were correct, but not for wine, for siphoning nasty water out of crayfish tanks

3) I keep talking to the crayfish and giving them affectionate group names and something is wrong with me

orthogonal is a great word who dares suggest it can be overused

It is, but I don't know if everyone knows what it means when I'm grading papers. I should just write "independent."

oh hmm I didn't know the stats definition

I just use it as an opposite to 'diagonal'

Right, hence me thinking "Maybe I shouldn't use it."

I would guess that for most people it evokes 'perpendicular' rather than 'independent', just because that's how it is used in geometry and physics, which people have more exposure to than they do to statistics.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Woa, I'm straight.

Though I'm surprised that the decapitation thing is only 4%. I would totally say yes to that just for the lulz.

So is spaghetti until it gets wet

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I find the JonTron thing pretty funny, because the initial GG reaction to being called moronic dipshits was "we're not racist! We have black friends! How dare you imply we're bunch of white supremacists!" Which at the time I just didn't understand. Weren't most people calling them sexists? "But we do not have any weird racial views, okay?" Tron eventually going all in is pretty amusing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'm not decapitated

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I secretly want the Zags to get put out before the elite 8 or even sweet 16... just so I can see everyones red state faces sad.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Maybe they meant they're not just racists.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 1.9

@DevoutlyApathetic will create the new thread
    @Echo is backup

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    644211201_ufaCq-2100x20000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.