As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW]Patch 2.2 notes from PTR

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Has anyone had a try at the new voice option?
    Every chance I have gone to the ptr it's not working or the option was missing

All I want to know is can I turn it off when I don't feel like listening to others or so people will not have to hear my soft spoken voice?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've tried to copy my char to the PTR at least four times by now. Every attempt comes up as "Failed". Huh.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Has anyone had a try at the new voice option?
    Every chance I have gone to the ptr it's not working or the option was missing

All I want to know is can I turn it off when I don't feel like listening to others or so people will not have to hear my soft spoken voice?
    It's not enabled in the current build, and yes you'll be able to turn it off.

Opty on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm curious as to how the channels for the voice chat will work. I'm guessing it'll just be in party/raid but it'll be neat if it had other optional channels like guild or chat channels......oh wait Trade channell....fuck that...oh man...General chat....BARRENS CHAT....oh God I hope a dev doesn't browse around here...

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    BuchwaldBuchwald Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Polymorph duration against PvP targets has been reduced to 10 seconds.

Fuck that

Buchwald on
    "That theory is just the looniest of a whole bunch of complete nonsense that is spouted by Amanda Winn Lee and her cohorts in the Audio Commentary."
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Buchwald wrote: »
    Polymorph duration against PvP targets has been reduced to 10 seconds.

Fuck that

Meh. I think the more they work on the pvp aspect of the game the more they make it worse.

It's a pve game with a little pvp thrown in. It's not great and it never will be.

So long as they stop nerfing pve abilities because of pvp I have no problem with whatever crap they do.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Um, have you been doing much pvp? 10 second sheep isn't much of a nerf. It sounds like a reasonable adjustment anyway.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I thought it was already 10 seconds.

Arikado on
  • Options
    Saint3kSaint3k Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Guys... GUYS...
    The following old-world factions have had their acquisition rate significantly increased: Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Timbermaw Hold.

I may actually work on these again.

Saint3k on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Saint3k wrote: »
    Guys... GUYS...
    The following old-world factions have had their acquisition rate significantly increased: Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Timbermaw Hold.

haha, the Cenarion Circle. I had a pretty good RP thing going on with them. My character took sadistic pleasure in teaching them the meaning of "survival of the fittest". The self proclaimed protectors of nature needed to be taught a few of its rules.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Arikado wrote: »

The soft cap on pvp CC is currently 12 seconds.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Guys... GUYS...

haha, the Cenarion Circle. I had a pretty good RP thing going on with them. My character took sadistic pleasure in teaching them the meaning of "survival of the fittest". The self proclaimed protectors of nature needed to be taught a few of its rules.

I recall a Priest friend of mine doing nightly boxing matches between Gamon and the CC Druid in Orgrimmar. He would Mind Control Gamon, have me aggro the Druid and then he'd box with Gamon with me healing Gamon. This was ages ago though but I bet you could still do it.

Arikado on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »

The soft cap on pvp CC is currently 12 seconds.

I don't understand why they changed it to 10.

exis on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Guys... GUYS...

They never specified whether it's for level 50-60 or 70. If it's 50-60, then it's a useless, empty gesture since all the furbolgs you have to kill are only worth 1 rep at 70.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well if they increase the 50-60 more than tenfold then the 70 will see their rep increase as well, but I agree that this better allow me at 70 to get Argent Dawn Exalted as easily or more easily than it was at 60.

Opty on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    RE: Old World Reps. I have to confess to being curious about this myself. My main is a little less than 5000 rep from Exalted for Argent Dawn and I'd really like that to be my first exalted if feasible. I actually went back to The Farm (Gahron's Withering) not too long ago to help a friend grind runecloth.

Cenarion Expedition would be nice too, but only for the herb bag pattern at revered. Naught else is worth it anymore for me, and even for the herb bag "worth" is a relative term. Timbermaws? Meh. I seem to recall I quit getting rep for individual kills already.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ha, as an engineer, there ARE no old world reps (well, ZG I guess). Give me a faction that brings the random schematic drops from te old raids.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, any word on how much they changed the rep rate by for Argent Dawn/Timbermaw/Cenarion Circle?

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    So, any word on how much they changed the rep rate by for Argent Dawn/Timbermaw/Cenarion Circle?

No idea. I did not see any difference in rate at all when I tested it, and my post asking for clarification about it on the PTR forums was deleted. So...I dunno.

So, the Premades are finally getting transferred.

Unfortunately, they have them all being spawned in Ghostlands with the PvP flag on. On my server, the Horde is basically spawn camping everyone. Being asses, as usual.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Any general idea on the gear? Apparently pallies have fairly crappy mixes of gear, and I'm betting this applies to the other hybrids as well.

All I want to do is try out a prot pally, enhancement shaman, and shadow priest, and none of those are pure dps classes which are the only that I'd feel confident would have proper gear.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well, warlock here...

Spawned wearing T5 + some epics.

In my 36 slot bags (humorously said to "...seem to be leaking...leaking tears...") I have the T4 set, the PvP rewards for a +crit and a +damage lock, and some trinkets/rings/etc that seem to form a PvP set, a +spell set, and a +crit set. Also, I have a bag and a half of gems.

And then miscellaneous mounts, water, bandages, and soul shards.

jonxp on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    36 slot bags? whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah they're called "Fohir's Neverending Resist Gear Storage 'The bottom seems to be leaking...leaking tears.'"

jonxp on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They only show up on PTRs.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hortus wrote:
    Guild Banks and Zul'Aman
    The new features mentioned in recent developer interviews are planned for a future patch, they will not be part of 2.2.

zing!

riz on
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    2.2 officially lamest main patch ever.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fucking Blizz. The premades spawning in the Ghostlands makes me think that they did plan on implementing ZA this patch, but couldn't get their shit together.

They ought to at least release this patch soon, as in next week if there's going to be nothing in it.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Arrrrgh, guys, there is a BIG HUGE CHANGE in it. Something that required reworking a *lot* of stuff. Just because it isn't something jumping up in your face that screams "Hey! This took a lot of code to do! Hope you like it!" doesn't mean that it's not a big patch! Guild banks (and to some extent a new instance) are so much less complicated than rewriting the entire sound subsystem as well as implementing the client and server aspects of a voice chat system.

Yeah, that's just an afternoon job. What's taking them so long?

jonxp on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You don't understand, these patches are not supposed to just be big or significant, they're supposed to have content. Voice chat is not content.

Septus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You don't understand, these patches are not supposed to just be big or significant, they're supposed to have content. Voice chat is not content.

No, PTR patches are patches that require heavy testing. A complete reworking of the sound system is going to require major testing. A Voip system is also very major change that requires testing. Especially since they need to implement it with the least latency hit possible...it's not exactly trivial. And new features are a form of content. ;)

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The voice system isn't even on the PTR yet. Voice chat is something I think that needed no rush to be implemented, and I think Zul'Aman testing would be better. But if the voice chat is going to take up one of these patches, I want it done as quickly as is reasonable.

Voice chat is about as much content, as a new skin for WoW would be.

Septus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The voice system isn't even on the PTR yet. Voice chat is something I think that needed no rush to be implemented, and I think Zul'Aman testing would be better. But if the voice chat is going to take up one of these patches, I want it done as quickly as is reasonable.

You're assuming that Zul'Aman is ready to be tested. And there is absolutely nothing that prevents the PTR patch from being altered to add Zul'Aman to the PTR, or putting up a patch right after with it up. Any development work on the Voip stuff has zero impact on the Zul'Aman release.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »

No, PTR patches are patches that require heavy testing. A complete reworking of the sound system is going to require major testing. A Voip system is also very major change that requires testing. Especially since they need to implement it with the least latency hit possible...it's not exactly trivial. And new features are a form of content. ;)

I don't think the point is that it's too insignificant for a PTR patch. The point is what Rorus and others raised earlier, that every other patch labeled like this has had some sort of theme, like the Naxx patch, with a name and associated artwork for the official "implemented" site. And this is really not like that. Maybe they'll stick some sort of holiday event on to make it fit the pattern more? I dunno, but it' still weird.

riz on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So Zul'Aman and guild banks are delayed, and VOIP isn't even in this current Test build.

So... why are the PTRs even up right now?

Aside from people "ooh"ing and "aah"ing over the new Paladin blessing graphics just before they purge them, that is.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    They're upgrading from fmod to fmodEX which is a huge thing. They want to get the basic sound bugs worked out from that action before putting the voice chat onto the PTR.

Opty on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    man, this patch sucks shit

the first thing I am going to do is turn off the built in VoIP, so then 2.2 basically becomes a bug fix patch?

I wouldn't mind a lack of content for this content patch if the last content patch was actually any good

oh sweet a bunch of new rep grinds fuck yeah

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

You're assuming that Zul'Aman is ready to be tested. And there is absolutely nothing that prevents the PTR patch from being altered to add Zul'Aman to the PTR, or putting up a patch right after with it up. Any development work on the Voip stuff has zero impact on the Zul'Aman release.

I was thinking ZA was nearly ready to be tested, because of where the premades log in, Amani pass.

And regardless of the specific situation, right now, this is just another sign of their too slow development process.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    riz wrote: »

I don't think the point is that it's too insignificant for a PTR patch. The point is what Rorus and others raised earlier, that every other patch labeled like this has had some sort of theme, like the Naxx patch, with a name and associated artwork for the official "implemented" site. And this is really not like that. Maybe they'll stick some sort of holiday event on to make it fit the pattern more? I dunno, but it' still weird.

There is a holiday event put in. MMO champion has a bunch of the files, but it looks more like a brewfest + halloween thing. I'm just not sure how ripping out a major subsystem built and designed for what tends to be the most flaky card in a PC doesn't count as something that should be on the PTR. It's far too major a change for a 2.1.x notation. I expect that they are getting more bug reports from this PTR then they did for the Naxx, or AQ patches. I get people wanting content. I want more content. But people seem to think they are being "cheated" by not getting new content. Or that this patch should just get punted off the PTR with the sound systems not being tested.

It's a major change. It does not interfere with the release of content. Just because this patch is up on the PTR does not delay Zul'aman in anyway.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I was thinking ZA was nearly ready to be tested, because of where the premades log in, Amani pass.

And regardless of the specific situation, right now, this is just another sign of their too slow development process.

From what I read, the original intent was to have Zul'Aman with this patch, and a decision was made to break it up because Zul'Aman isn't ready yet. But their development process isn't too slow. Your expectations of content updates is simply unrealistic. :lol: I'm serious about this. As much as we complain about bugs, given the scope of what a new instance requires, Blizzard does a good job of releasing rapid content. But instances are massive, with tons of new art, sound, AI, abilities for mobs to use against you, the testing of classes abilities against a mob, boss fights, etc... This isn't a snapping your finger and *poof* new instance. And we've gotten two new instances since the expansion. Mt Hyjal and BT.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    -Phil--Phil- Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    • Seal of Vengeance duration increased to 15 seconds. In addition, when Seal of Vengeance strikes a target that already has 5 applications you will cause instant Holy damage.

Nice!!!!
    Instant Holy damage with 5 stakcs up! More people will be dropping their continuum blade for the Gavel of Unearthed Secrets.

-Phil- on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]