As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Stuff

Well, some of it was obviously just being silly (Palm drivers?)
    But some of the stuff was hopefully enjoyable.
    As for the wrong movies? There may yet be method to my madness.

Anywho, hope you get some fun out of it!

redfenix on
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    deleted

capable heart on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Speak of the devil and the mailman brings you stuff!

Ser Ultimos sent me the following:

Card:

Hey DeVryGuy!

Greetings from the frozen wasteland known as Canada! In between the blizzards and polar bear attacks, I have been stalking your forum posts and web activities to find the perfect gift for you. Hopefully it worked.

I got you something that I think you'll like, and hopefully don't already have. It's been fun shopping for you.

Either way, I'm wishing you all the best during the holidays. And remember, blame yourself or god!

Love, Sir Ultimos

51KKXYZC6NL._SS500_.jpg

Note attached: This was supposed to be the Veronica Mars soundtrack CD< but the store was sold out. Hopefully you enjoy this instead; I know Houk would.
    51VA1QEA5ZL._AA280_.jpg

Top Drawer gifts, Santa. Thanks so much.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wow, that's a lot of last-second Santa reveals. I'd be peering out at the mailbox anxiously, but then I remembered that a) The post office probably has today off and b) nobody's asked for my new address, so it'd be going to my parent's place anyway.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My santee has publicly posted he has his gifts but every day without pics is making me die a little on the inside.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just received an assload of stuff from PolaGo! This shit is AWESOME. I left my camera transfer cable at work, though, so no pictures until wednesday :(

Thanks a million!

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    wunderbar wrote: »
    my Santa sent me an e-mail assuring me that the gift is on the way, and that it's probably hung up at customs. He even forwarded me the e-mail of the shipping confirmation(although he did very smartly cut the part about what is actually being shipped out) I *almost* marked the e-mail you sent me as spam, because of the subject line, good thing I read it.

But, upon reading through the e-mail, and looking at the sites you could have ordered from, I am intrigued.

Santa, I think you can identify yourself to me now.

Hey Santee!

As I said, I'm real sorry about this. It may arrive tomorrow (today?) but, as you can see, it should be here any minute now. I'm not sure why the company would tell me to expect it as early as the 20th, though...

Anyway, I hope you like it. It's the kind of thing I always glance at and say "Oh man, I am totally getting that" (but never end up getting).

Anywho, Happy Holidays, and sorry for the lateness.

It came today :D

It's a shirt!
    shirt.jpg

The logo is pretty cool, here's what it looks like close up:
    logo.jpg

And because I should probably model it:
    wearingshirt.jpg

That self portrait made me realize I have to shave before I go ring in the new years tonight!

Thanks a lot JerikTelorian! It fits perfectly too.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No problem!

I'm glad you like it. I know it's not the most creative thing, but I thought it was a pretty awesome shirt.

I dunno if you read Dr. McNinja, but the shirt was based off of this comic.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No problem!

I'm glad you like it. I know it's not the most creative thing, but I thought it was a pretty awesome shirt.

I dunno if you read Dr. McNinja, but the shirt was based off of this comic.

I think I'm gonna go read that comic now :)

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh thank god the package made it time. I sent it forever ago, but I'm glad you enjoy, DVG.

I'm still without a gift, myself.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    my Santa sent me an e-mail assuring me that the gift is on the way, and that it's probably hung up at customs. He even forwarded me the e-mail of the shipping confirmation(although he did very smartly cut the part about what is actually being shipped out) I *almost* marked the e-mail you sent me as spam, because of the subject line, good thing I read it.

But, upon reading through the e-mail, and looking at the sites you could have ordered from, I am intrigued.

Santa, I think you can identify yourself to me now.

Hey Santee!

As I said, I'm real sorry about this. It may arrive tomorrow (today?) but, as you can see, it should be here any minute now. I'm not sure why the company would tell me to expect it as early as the 20th, though...

Anyway, I hope you like it. It's the kind of thing I always glance at and say "Oh man, I am totally getting that" (but never end up getting).

Anywho, Happy Holidays, and sorry for the lateness.

It came today :D

It's a shirt!
    shirt.jpg

The logo is pretty cool, here's what it looks like close up:
    logo.jpg

And because I should probably model it:
    wearingshirt.jpg

That self portrait made me realize I have to shave before I go ring in the new years tonight!

Thanks a lot JerikTelorian! It fits perfectly too.

A shark high-fiving a bigfoot? That's pretty awesome. :) :^:

Also, looks good on you. I find it rare that a cool/funny t-shirt also looks good when worn.

gilrain on
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Basticle wrote: »
    My santee has publicly posted he has his gifts but every day without pics is making me die a little on the inside.

same here

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Just a heads up that the 31st has come and gone and I haven't received anything. I'm perfectly happy waiting, Santa, but if you could maybe find someone to PM me to let me know when to expect it, that would be cool. :)

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    cyphr wrote: »
    Just a heads up that the 31st has come and gone and I haven't received anything. I'm perfectly happy waiting, Santa, but if you could maybe find someone to PM me to let me know when to expect it, that would be cool. :)

Hey now, it isn't the New Year yet, not in The United States of America at least, and that's the only place that matters.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I just received an assload of stuff from PolaGo! This shit is AWESOME. I left my camera transfer cable at work, though, so no pictures until wednesday :(

Thanks a million!

YAY! :D

Really really glad you like it Nick! Will be awaiting pictures cause pics are amusing...and evidence. ;)

Polago on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    delphinus wrote: »
    could you...could you really be Him?!
    Haha, far from it!

Glad you enjoyed Red Son, I hope you don't find Astro City revolting! :lol:

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So I just noticed that on one of the presents I got, a Taffy bar there's some jokes which I thought I'd share with you guys to ring in the new year.

What do you call a sheep with no head or feet?
    A Cloud.

What sits at the bottom of the sea and shakes?
    a nervous wreck.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DVG wrote: »
    51VA1QEA5ZL._AA280_.jpg
    Haha, more people buying things based on your avatar and sig. ;-)

Happy 2008, everyone.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    lewiep post pics of your gifts

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Oh stop your moaning! We don't all have relatives with up to date technologies you know.

However I can't be mad at you as you gave me so much awesome stuff! :)

IMG_0131.jpg

Everyone else seems to be using this as an excuse to post pictures of their cats/dogs along with the gifts they received so in order to not feel left out I have enlisted the aid of Stouffer to help me. Here he approaches the sealed box of mystery, spoilerific customs declaration helpfully already removed by my Fiancee.

IMG_0132.jpg

[Insert Zelda open treasure chest fanfare here] Oooh, it's full of joys!

IMG_0133.jpg

And the swag laid out. I scored:

- An awesome Final fantasy T-shirt, Basticle tried to make a tenuous Zelda connection to it in his accompanying letter but there is no need for such tomfoolery! I'm currently working my through the old FF's now I can play them on handheld (in my opinion the perfect medium for them) and I love it!

- A print of the Broodax PA strip. An excellent choice of strip and perfect timing as I have just moved to a new place with bare walls and hundreds of picture hooks. As soon I have sourced a frame it shall amuse/confuse my guests from pride of place in the living room.

- Psychonauts for PC. Another fantastic choice, as a lover of all previous things Schafer I have been meaning to pick this up since forever. Now I can finally enjoy it and be rid of that nagging feeling of guilt whenever threads come up bemoaning the lack of people who have played it.

- A comedy CD by some guy named Mike Birbiglia. It's really nice to get something new to me along with the familiar. It's loaded and ready to go on the iPod and now awaits the perfect time for me to give it my full attention, probably drawing strange looks from fellow passengers as I chuckle to myself on the train to work.

IMG_0134.jpg

That's it Stouffer, you help.

Basticle, you be an awesome chappy, the only problem with your generosity being to make me feel an inadequate Santa in comparison! Huge thanks again and all the best for the New Year!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That is an absolutely terrifying monstronsity (the cat).

I'm serious, it scares the shit out of me.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    That is an absolutely terrifying monstronsity (the cat).

I'm serious, it scares the shit out of me.

http://www.harry-hill.tv/vids/zilla.mov

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Mike Birbiglia is quite good, so... good choice on that one.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Oh stop your moaning! We don't all have relatives with up to date technologies you know.

However I can't be mad at you as you gave me so much awesome stuff! :)
    IMG_0131.jpg

Everyone else seems to be using this as an excuse to post pictures of their cats/dogs along with the gifts they received so in order to not feel left out I have enlisted the aid of Stouffer to help me. Here he approaches the sealed box of mystery, spoilerific customs declaration helpfully already removed by my Fiancee.

that thing is terrifying, whatever it is.
    - An awesome Final fantasy T-shirt, Basticle tried to make a tenuous Zelda connection to it in his accompanying letter but there is no need for such tomfoolery!

I ..I dont really know anything about those games :oops:
    - A print of the Broodax PA strip. An excellent choice of strip and perfect timing as I have just moved to a new place with bare walls and hundreds of picture hooks. As soon I have sourced a frame it shall amuse/confuse my guests from pride of place in the living room.

I'd love to take credit for this but that was a random print that came with the shirt
    Basticle, you be an awesome chappy, the only problem with your generosity being to make me feel an inadequate Santa in comparison! Huge thanks again and all the best for the New Year!

I'm glad you liked it :D

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DuoRCNDuoRCN Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    tqualizer_anim.gif

I care not what anyone has to say, this is a bad-ass shirt. Just have to find a bad-ass concert to wear it to. Thanks Santa!

DuoRCN on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DuoRCN wrote: »
    tqualizer_anim.gif

I care not what anyone has to say, this is a bad-ass shirt. Just have to find a bad-ass concert to wear it to. Thanks Santa!

I saw one of those at a club once.. it was pretty cool. There is also a pong one.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Ok. I just got in from work, and I promise I will do it after my bath. Straight after.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

Ok. I just got in from work, and I promise I will do it after my bath. Straight after.

Your bath? Who takes baths?

Figgy on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

Real men.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »

Real men.

manly men, eh?

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    also, I don't have a shower. So it's either that or smell.

LewieP on
  • Options
    LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I can wait a little after the 31st because I got word that it was sent out and sent out international so I'll give it a week before complaining about German postal service.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ross Mills wrote: »
    I haven't received mine, but that may have something to do with me saying "Oh wait, I won't actually be at that address" and having to change it, so my sincere apologies and heartwarming Christmas and New Year messages to my Santa. My Christmas and New Year was up in the air with family illness and moving around the country.

Err... when you say you won't actually be at that address. Are you at some point going back to that address, cause that's where they've been sent.

Rook on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    also, I don't have a shower. So it's either that or smell.

how bout them pics?

Figgy on
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have returned from time with the family to find my Secret Santa gift awaiting me!

Let me just say, Doc Holiday has crafted a gift of wonderful magnitude. I will be sure to post pictures of my loot, which is by my estimation, substantial.

Thank you so much! All of it is fantastic and thoughtful. Another post to come.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My Secret Santa beats all of yours.

You might have got a good Santa, but mine did some freaking scary cyber stalking. At least I assume it was all cyber, I am going to be sleeping with one eye open from now on, just incase.

First, I got this wireless controller. But I cant seem to get it to sync up with anything.
    1000515ey8.jpg
    It appears to be some sort of robot,
    In disguise.
    More than,
    meets the eyes.
    1000519op9.jpg

This was based on this post I made ages ago. Honestly, I never thought I would actually get it, and even if I did, I expected that to be it. But oh no, there was more to come -

I made a point of saying how I don't really like sweets/candy that much, apart from chocolate. I also made an off hand comment about Toblerones being awesome, but that was just in defence of Switzerland. I never expected to receive one.

I didn't recieve one.
    I recieved enough to build a small hut out off (it was a little more structurely sound at first, but I have eaten two of them in the time it took me to get my arse in gear and take photo's
    1000520um9.jpg

That's 7 toblerones!

And yet there is still more.

For a long while I have been very interested in games by this developer (I even thought about buying it from DarkPrimus, and mentioned it in a thread I can no longer find, but international postage made it pretty expensive, so I declined), but never got round to buying them, in the UK they are very, very rare (did this game even get a UK release? I can't remember) and I would never have bought them at full price, I am too cheap.
    1000523fn7.jpg

I have got about 15 minutes into it so far, and it is gloriously deep, and so statistical. The art is damn pretty. I can't think of a single game that would have made a better gift for me.

So much <3 for you Fatty McBeardo, you have done a perfect job of being my Secret Santa, and have gone way beyong the level of generosity I expected.
    1000521ld3.jpg
    Stop that!

LewieP on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2008
    My apologies for this being so late, but here was LewieP's gift for Tycho. It is totally sweet and is hanging in front of their office.

2155766531_98bfedfa8c.jpg

2155767325_9775fd2e7c.jpg

Man it is so rad.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man LewieP, I bet your mom could make some serious money painting for us forumers.

Hint hint.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man. That is sweet.

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My Mum will be absolutely thrilled to see that.

I'm really glad Tycho liked it, it was totally worth the effort.

Edit: toxk_02, I will ask her if she would want to do more, and how much she would want to be paid, no guarentees obviously, but I will post here if she would want to do it.

Is there any legal issues involved with selling art that is essentially a rip off of a SCE property?

LewieP on