Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Man I Hate It When...

2456719

Posts

  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Guh. Some people just don't like reading, dude. They need more stimulation than words on a page to be entertained.

    Besides, it's not like you can't learn things from other media.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    also, people who use memes all the damn time.


    O RLY?
    Spoiler:

    fp4hy8vbapia.jpeg
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People link "what white people like".

    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People who post in a thread without reading any of it.

  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Church wrote: »
    Guh. Some people just don't like reading, dude. They need more stimulation than words on a page to be entertained.

    Besides, it's not like you can't learn things from other media.

    Now you're on the fucking list, punk.

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • CyvrosCyvros Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People who misuse their own language.

    "There's three things over there"? You're supposed to use "There are" for plural.

    "could of", "should of", "would of", etc.? They don't exist in the English language!

    *pants*

    Also, it gets me when people say "who" instead of "whom" or the other way around. People seem to know when to use "whose" properly, but not "whom".


    Now featuring on my list: those arrogant bastards who correct other people's English.

  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate it when people don't do what I want. Man, that just steams me.

  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm pretty sure this is a sign that we need to reopen the whiners thread.
    Wasn't it an entire sub-forum?

  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
  • WerdnaWerdna Registered User
    edited July 2008
    -Southern Rock

    -Recommended Zeitgeist from friends; The Secret, Dianetics, Zen and the Art of...

    -All things Spielberg (and the people who admit to crying from his movies)

    -People who are rude to their waiter/ress

    -TAPOUT, UFC (especially those who claim to train in mixed martial art fighting)

    -when old friends send me chain mail, use text speak and ALL CAPS.

    more probably to follow

  • CyvrosCyvros Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    • People who throw Emo around as an insult towards everything.
    • Console Wars.
    • Youtube comments.
    • Gambling advertisements.
    • Anyone unwilling to listen to good music because its old.
    • Boy racers.
    • Remakes of movies that obviously don't need a remake.

    Heh, that was more fun than i was expecting.

    For me, that one extends to books, films, TV programmes and games that are good, yet somewhat... "aged".

  • reVersereVerse Never odd or even Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pushy religious people and pushy atheists annoy me.

    I'm an atheist myself and I think believing in imaginary men sitting on top of a cloud somewhere is a bit silly. However, I mostly keep this to myself, because I'm a silly person and think that anyone can believe or not believe in whatever they want aslong as they keep it to themselves.

    Pushy religious people annoy me because they come and shove a bible in your face and start shouting "you're going to hell if you don't love this book and Jesus!" without caring if you want to hear it or not.

    And pushy atheists annoy me because they go around yelling "all religious people are idiotic lunatics" and make the reasonable, not-in-your-face every day religious people hate all atheists rather than just the pushy asshole atheists.

  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    *Religious people who are morally sure of themselves

    What exactly does this mean?

    The only interpretation I can get is a religious person who believes that they are generally being a moral person, but I can't see why that would tick you off so much.

    Spoiler:
  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MikeMan's list reminds me of a Henry Rollins gag where he thinks of curmudgeonly things to say, except the former is not nearly as funny.

  • CyvrosCyvros Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pata wrote: »
    What exactly does this mean?

    The only interpretation I can get is a religious person who believes that they are generally being a moral person, but I can't see why that would tick you off so much.
    Perhaps religious people who are sure they've got far better morals than you. The kind of people who keep saying that you'll go and burn in Hell while they're playing golf with God and potting plants in Heaven. Because those people get me.

    Incidentally, did I do the capitalisation correctly?

  • SliverSliver Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Conceiving elaborate plans that involve middle men and reconnaissance missions because you don't have the stones to ask someone you like out.

    I hate these things, and the people who facilitate this infantile shit.

    EDIT: Also, pathological liars and attention whores.

  • SolventSolvent Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    People who get annoyed by the most insipid shit.

    People who do the most insipid shit for no other reason than to piss people off, because of some rationale that they're helping them to learn not to get annoyed by this insignificant shit.

    Those instances where someone figures out some small thing that pushes your buttons, and then they proceed to see how aggravated they can make you and justify it by saying "it's just an insignificant thing" are so freakin' horrible.


    Yeah. Anyway, what else bugs me... People who use different words to say the same thing as you, and then act like you have a disagreement. Those people who give the impression that they're deliberately misinterpreting you just because they want to feel superior by drawing you into an argument.

    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.
  • ShikaoShikao Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Superficial assholes.
    People that go "Whuuuuuh?" when you say a word with more than 3 syllables.

  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    Church wrote: »
    Guh. Some people just don't like reading, dude. They need more stimulation than words on a page to be entertained.

    Besides, it's not like you can't learn things from other media.

    It's not that you can't learn things from other media. Rather, it's the fact that the way reading works the mind is very different from the way, say, watching a movie works the mind.

    As a way of learning, reading may be replaceable. As a way of entertainment, it definitely is replaceable. As a way of developing one's imagination, however, it is not.

    Medopine wrote: »
    Fuck that woman going "oh god oh no!!"

    It's nature, bitch
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    People who sacrifice clarity for the sake of brevity when they write.

    Those are fairly annoying.

    Medopine wrote: »
    Fuck that woman going "oh god oh no!!"

    It's nature, bitch
  • SolventSolvent Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Also: big unnecessary 4WDs. Especially now that I've moved to a suburb with narrower streets, and yet a demographic that can more easily afford them. Dammit, sitting up a metre higher than me may make you feel safer. But it impaires everyone else's visibility, FFS.

    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.
  • CyvrosCyvros Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Solvent wrote: »
    Also: big unnecessary 4WDs. Especially now that I've moved to a suburb with narrower streets, and yet a demographic that can more easily afford them. Dammit, sitting up a metre higher than me may make you feel safer. But it impaires everyone else's visibility, FFS.
    This and fast/low/wanky sports cars. I like to watch them go mano-a-mano against speed humps. I also like to watch their owners grimace whenever they fill up their petrol tanks.

  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ege02 wrote: »
    People who sacrifice clarity for the sake of brevity when they write.

    Those are fairly annoying.

    People who insert long words simply to sound fancier. They normally don't use the long words correctly either.

    And yeah whiner's forum existed for about a week last time until the mods got fed up with it. Also I think so newly modded peeps screwed around with it which resulted in all the threads merging into one or something fucked up like that.

  • DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    -Upstairs neighbors who are so self-important that they have to hook up a subwoofer to their TV and can't have it on at under 100 decibels.

    -People who start bumping me with their shopping cart while I'm standing in line at the checkout (it's not like I can go anywhere.

    -Paris Hilton. Seriously, WTF does everyone keep paying attention to her for?

    -People I don't know who start talking to me about random shit like we've been best friends our whole lives (and I don't mean like chatting it up and meeting people; I mean out of the blue while waiting in line or something and someone wants to just jump into the middle of a deep political discussion like I know them). Maybe that's more weird/creepy than hating it, though.

  • CyvrosCyvros Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dalboz wrote: »
    -Paris Hilton. Seriously, WTF does everyone keep paying attention to her for?
    This reminds me of a subject several thousand parsecs away from my heart: gossip magazines. Just die already. It's bad for the intelligence of the general populace.

    Just the other day, in line at the checkout counter of the supermarket, a group of girls were giggling about someone I don't care about doing something I don't care about in some place I don't care about at some time I probably wasn't even awake at. Usually, I wouldn't care so much. This time, I suddenly realised that I know people like this, and I know for a fact that gossip magazines are their sole source of news.

    Our species desperately needs to raise the bar. I propose daisy cutters as a solution.

  • DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Dalboz wrote: »
    -Paris Hilton. Seriously, WTF does everyone keep paying attention to her for?
    This reminds me of a subject several thousand parsecs away from my heart: gossip magazines. Just die already. It's bad for the intelligence of the general populace.

    Just the other day, in line at the checkout counter of the supermarket, a group of girls were giggling about someone I don't care about doing something I don't care about in some place I don't care about at some time I probably wasn't even awake at. Usually, I wouldn't care so much. This time, I suddenly realised that I know people like this, and I know for a fact that gossip magazines are their sole source of news.

    Our species desperately needs to raise the bar. I propose daisy cutters as a solution.

    The problem is that general news is degrading to the level of gossip magazines. Who hear about this kind of stuff on CNN and...ahem, Fox News...all the time, plus the broadcast news channels. It's sad, and incredibly irritating.

  • CyvrosCyvros Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dalboz wrote: »
    The problem is that general news is degrading to the level of gossip magazines. Who hear about this kind of stuff on CNN and...ahem, Fox News...all the time, plus the broadcast news channels. It's sad, and incredibly irritating.
    I know not of which you speak, for my mind is pure and I only watch quality news broadcasts.

    Well, when I'm not looking for something to point and laugh at, anyway.

  • logogoglogogog Registered User
    edited July 2008
    The entire concept of celebrity news. The fact that someone is a good actor does not make their life something we should all be obsessed with.

    I once saw a girl who I was so insanely attracted to that I wanted to get the opposite of a restraining order on her.- Stephen Wright
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    People who think putting a cap on a bottle and giving it a quarter turn is an acceptable way to seal it.

  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You know what really grinds my gears?

    People who put themselves into one specific genre of music based on whatever "scene" they're in and then just sit on it, refusing to open themselves up to other genres.

    Country music is one of the biggest benefactors and victims of this. While I enjoy a few country bands, that's not all I listen to. However, most people that I know of that listen to country listen to it exclusively, and most people who are open to all sorts of music for some reason shut themselves off from country entirely, just because "fuck country"

    Picture1-4.png
  • DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You know what really grinds my gears?

    People who put themselves into one specific genre of music based on whatever "scene" they're in and then just sit on it, refusing to open themselves up to other genres.

    Country music is one of the biggest benefactors and victims of this. While I enjoy a few country bands, that's not all I listen to. However, most people that I know of that listen to country listen to it exclusively, and most people who are open to all sorts of music for some reason shut themselves off from country entirely, just because "fuck country"

    I have to admit that I'm a little guilty of this myself (listening to everything except country), but mostly it's because all country music sounds the same to me. Just as most hip-hop sounds the same to me. I prefer some variety within a genre itself.

  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Daxon wrote: »

    And yeah whiner's forum existed for about a week last time until the mods got fed up with it. Also I think so newly modded peeps screwed around with it which resulted in all the threads merging into one or something fucked up like that.

    That was the second incarnation. Scrum was mod and accidentally selected to merge all posts. It was the funniest thing

    Spoiler:
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yes, it was pretty funny especially afterwards when everyone was like "ohshitohshit, nobody say anything happened k?"

  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    -People who cut in front of older people in line at the bus stop.
    I hate the fucking elderlies who cut in line. especially in a fifty-person bus-station-at-rush-hour queue. You already get the good seats, there's no rush!

    But yeah, anyone who can find fifty things like this and take the time to write them down on a public webpage is, I'm sorry, a fucking idiot who needs to get a haircut and a real job.

    tmsig.jpg
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Daxon wrote: »
    ege02 wrote: »
    People who sacrifice clarity for the sake of brevity when they write.

    Those are fairly annoying.

    People who insert long words simply to sound fancier. They normally don't use the long words correctly either.

    And yeah whiner's forum existed for about a week last time until the mods got fed up with it. Also I think so newly modded peeps screwed around with it which resulted in all the threads merging into one or something fucked up like that.

    No, its deliberately set up as a temporary spleen-venting forum. Its been run a few times now.

    There were always really long threads about what a terrible person I was. They were awesome :D

    tmsig.jpg
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nazis bug me. They're so mean.

    Also, people who repeatedly sniff rather than give it one good blow.

  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When people do blatantly stupid things in traffic (turn from the center lane, run red lights, nearly hit pedestrians, inattentively cut people off, etc) show absolutely no remorse or even get angry when they get called out on it. Car full of dumbasses turns left from the center lane and causes two other cars to have to jam on their brakes. The cars that got cut off beep their horns. Driver of the car that made the turn flips them off. That sort of obnoxious asshattery absolutely infuriates me.

    When people chatting and having conversations block entire aisles at the supermarket and they don't hear you (or pretend not to) no matter how loudly you say "Excuse me" - and then when they finally DO notice you they get annoyed at you for having interrupted their conversation.

  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    There were always really long threads about what a terrible person I was. They were awesome :D

    I always got a kick out of those. It was especially funny that given the way D&D worked, there was comparatively little actual moderation to be done. Yet people still freaked out.

  • GenericFanGenericFan Registered User
    edited July 2008
    People who have conversations in doorways...

    man, it always happens at my school. Seriously, move like, two fucking metres to the left and we'll be sweet, but they just stand right in the middle of the doorway and hold everyone up.

    Also, real gangster people who are all 'hey youse fullas whatchu dooin 'night? PARTY? aaaaaight!'

    And people and my school who yell at people instead of walking like, 10 metres to talk to them esp. when the conversation goes as above.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    ege02 wrote: »
    People who sacrifice clarity for the sake of brevity when they write.

    Those are fairly annoying.

    People who insert long words simply to sound fancier. They normally don't use the long words correctly either.

    And yeah whiner's forum existed for about a week last time until the mods got fed up with it. Also I think so newly modded peeps screwed around with it which resulted in all the threads merging into one or something fucked up like that.

    No, its deliberately set up as a temporary spleen-venting forum. Its been run a few times now.

    There were always really long threads about what a terrible person I was. They were awesome :D

    There was also massive bitching about D&D in general, which was even more awesome 'cause people were complaining about me.

    I hate the way old Chinese people speak. Like, a lot.

    2ezikn6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.