As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR]: TSM SWITCHING SERVERS TO RED EYE!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Dracil wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151825

Game-breaking exploit is game-breaking.

Or.

Working as intended.
    So you basically have a bunch of people impersonating lemmings over and over while the rest of us do something that's fun.
    I LOLed. I've forgotten about the Lemmings game till now.
    I was kinda referring to the popular perceptions of the animal, but fuck do I love that game <3.

A nasty bug, but now that it's becoming well-known, you're going to see two sides trying to out-rez each other. It's going to be very retarded and I'm just going uh...play normally.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    That has an easy fix. Haven't seen RVR with the other side recently? No VPs for you.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What the heck is Blessed Curse and why does it hit me for one third of my health, non-crit?

Echo on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    Edit: But oh yea, break on damage MY ASS. WE need a tactic that just makes them permanently unrootable... or at least unrootable while we are stealthed. It is so goddamn annoying to be sneaking up on someone, then a destro idiot charges the engineer, making the engineer bust his root which accidentally catches you, and the WE rootbreak cannot be used in stealth dammit!!

Permanently unrootable? Uh, fuck that.

Maybe some "chance to turn roots into snares" tactic or "increase the chance of roots to break on damage" tactic should be given to all classes, but the solution to an overabundance of CC powers isn't to make them completely irrelevant to one class only.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151825

Game-breaking exploit is game-breaking.

Or.

Working as intended.
    So you basically have a bunch of people impersonating lemmings over and over while the rest of us do something that's fun.

Uh, I don't think Dracil is condoning this, just bringing a problem to public attention.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like how Witch Hunters use some random dude's SPECULUM as an ability. That simply made me LOL (yes I know of the other meaning for speculum).

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Van Hoorstman's speculum, to boot. Yes, some crazy doctor guys orifice explorer is hanging around my neck...

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Aha, Blessed Curse is the damage from the Mourkain artifact.

Next question: a rune priest was holding it. On the other side of the map. Why the fuck did it damage ME?

Echo on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's only supposed to damage the wielder as far as I know.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Aha, Blessed Curse is the damage from the Mourkain artifact.

Next question: a rune priest was holding it. On the other side of the map. Why the fuck did it damage ME?

God hates you?

Oats on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I...I play a squig herder.

Maybe not as much as my Marauder but...still!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fireflash wrote: »
    It's only supposed to damage the wielder as far as I know.

From when I was holding it:

boom.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If that's intended, then I approve. So damn tired of people chickening out with the artifact at their spawn. Go take it to the enemy and explode them!

Echo on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seeing your sig, Echo, makes me wish there were tome unlock when buying things while there is a RvR bonus discount.

Can be titles like the cheapskate, the tightwad, the money grubber.

We can do better, though. We can make a rumor that these titles exist.

Go forth and spread to your alliances that you bought 500 items with the zone discount and got a title.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Morkath wrote: »
    Yeah, I know, just saying. :)

Also, magus really aren't that good, aside from the vortex, unless they are level 29 they are bottom of the priority list for me.

But high on the priority list for BW, SW, Engins, WP, IB, WH even AM and RP. We're like free RP for Order since pug healers don't really bother healing us all to often.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »

Also, magus really aren't that good, aside from the vortex, unless they are level 29 they are bottom of the priority list for me.

But high on the priority list for BW, SW, Engins, WP, IB, WH even AM and RP. We're like free RP for Order since pug healers don't really bother healing us all to often.

That's because you haven't shown them the awesomeness of your Chaotic Rift. T4 Maguses are incredibly hard to kill because every healer knows how important they are.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

That's because you haven't shown them the awesomeness of your Chaotic Rift. T4 Maguses are incredibly hard to kill because every healer knows how important they are.

IF. IF I ever get to T4 I want super evil mist, not Chaotic rift. :<

Also, why hello there little fella.

H-Rape
    whyhellothar.jpg

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That must have been one hell of a blizzard.

All hail The Changer of Ways! May he always roll natural twenties!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Basil wrote: »

What are you, a Witch Hunter in disguise? Constants like that are against the very nature of the Changer of Ways.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Basil wrote: »

What are you, a Witch Hunter in disguise? Constants like that are against the very nature of the Changer of Ways.

Ah, but the wind erodes the ice, and new snow falls to solidify it. The form is ever in flux, in ways subtle and beyond measure.

Oats on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    COMPUTER'S BACK FROM RMA. WHOO!

So why is WAR's subscription thing still counting my account as inactive?

Quid on
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    And now a simulation of being a witch elf in tier 2.

Stealth! Spot a healer! Okay, let's attack!

Rooted by a bright wizard, engineer and shadow warrior at once! Take fucktons of damage as the entire enemy team suddenly decides to focus-fire you! Roots never break on damage!

Things get so damn one-sided in T2 with the only root destro-side being what, sorceress? Feels like everything I try to go after can just root'n'run and nuke me from a distance.

Yeah, everyone goes through this hellish experience. Things get a lot better once you get Fleet Footed at r18, trust me.

Jebu on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What determines what bags are available at the end of a PQ?

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    really getting sick of bright wizards being able to kill me from full with 3 instant cast dots.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ahh. And now the patching begins.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    really getting sick of bright wizards being able to kill me from full with 3 instant cast dots.

high five! Welcome to my world!

I made a Marauder. He is rank 13. I hate fighting against a constant snare spam. I can't wait until I can break snares and face rape people.

Also; playing melee I've learned something important. Don't even bother chasing a White Lion in Phoenix Gate. The god damned lion can snare. Honestly. The bloody cat can snare so the damned prissy elf can run off with my flag. >_<

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Quid wrote: »

wat?

tyrannus on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »

wat?

he just got his comp back

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »

wat?

he just got his comp back
    Yeah. It's like, five or six posts up.

Quid on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jebu wrote: »

Rooted by a bright wizard, engineer and shadow warrior at once! Take fucktons of damage as the entire enemy team suddenly decides to focus-fire you! Roots never break on damage!

Things get so damn one-sided in T2 with the only root destro-side being what, sorceress? Feels like everything I try to go after can just root'n'run and nuke me from a distance.

Yeah, everyone goes through this hellish experience. Things get a lot better once you get Fleet Footed at r18, trust me.

Magus, Engineer, Bright Wizard, Sorceress, Squig Herder, and Shadow Warrior all get roots at like 10. Tanks start getting them at mid 30's I think. Melee DPS gets root break at 18, dunno when tanks get it but tanks can have a tactic that reduces the cooldown to 20 seconds.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I made a Marauder. He is rank 13. I hate fighting against a constant snare spam. I can't wait until I can break snares and face rape people.

Also; playing melee I've learned something important. Don't even bother chasing a White Lion in Phoenix Gate. The god damned lion can snare. Honestly. The bloody cat can snare so the damned prissy elf can run off with my flag. >_<

His flag, not yours.

Flags make excellent kitty toys! <3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So while I'm waiting for tonight's debate to end have there been any major changes in the last few weeks?

Quid on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

you mean break snares and get immediately snared again.

i hope you enjoy standing around being useless until you die.

Angry on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So while I'm waiting for tonight's debate to end have there been any major changes in the last few weeks?

We're waiting for Jacobs to make an announcement on the first big patch, so that should be interesting.

Theres been a ton of stuff fixed, but the only major-ish thing that i can think of is being able to queue for scenarios from any pairing in your tier, and one button to join all scenarios for your tier.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If you're getting perma snared/rooted/seduced/feared/charmed/hexed/mezzed/mind controled/knocked down/knocked back/petrified/mustarded/shept/ejected through the skybox/introduced to miss Molly/ventilated/short circuted/enraged/pacified/beated like a red headed step child/other, you're doing something wrong. Like dying, usually. That's bad. But choosing the wrong target is bad too. There are lots of wrong targets, sometimes there are so many wrong targets that there aren't any good targets, thats when you hide behind a healer and see if they notice.

What I see a lot of people do is charge five guys with snares when they're not occupied with something more interesting, like a healer or a welf or a tank at half health. For the life of me I do not know why people do this. It's like marauders expect me to compliment them on their fantastic hair instead of inserting my polearm through both kidneys and their eye or blowing a root and jumping on a Rune Priest's head and blubbering until someone makes them go away.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Holy shit. A White Lion's snare actually worked.

Did you get a screenshot? Do you have someone who can corroborate the story? I'm not sure I believe you.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

Both Squig Herders definitely have a root by T2, and I think Magus might too... not sure.

Edit: But oh yea, break on damage MY ASS. WE need a tactic that just makes them permanently unrootable... or at least unrootable while we are stealthed. It is so goddamn annoying to be sneaking up on someone, then a destro idiot charges the engineer, making the engineer bust his root which accidentally catches you, and the WE rootbreak cannot be used in stealth dammit!!

I hate the people that decide to follow me while I'm stealthed even more.

But yeah Echo, you need to stick it out til you get the root/snare breaker(Fleet-footed). Which sometimes to need to jump after using to get it to register.

FF needs to include freakin' knockbacks, no need to perma immunity, lower the timer to like 30 seconds.

EDIT: The lion always snares if you have that tactic or whatever up...it always worked on me, but then I kill the lion.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Riale wrote: »

Did you get a screenshot? Do you have someone who can corroborate the story? I'm not sure I believe you.

Not only do they work, they don't break on Fleetfooted, which allegedly gives snare immunity.

Oats on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    Riale wrote: »

Not only do they work, they don't break on Fleetfooted, which allegedly gives snare immunity.

Well yeah, if it was breakable then we wouldn't ever have screenshots to historically show that it works when there's a blue moon on the third sunday in february.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Just to chime in on the balance and annoyance issues - at rank 24 I only have a few gripes:

- Roots need diminishing returns. I don't know if they're supposed to already, but I've been submitting bug reports regardless. The DR's should be the same as those associated with knock-backs and disabling effects. Either that, or abilities that remove CC need to make you immune to the effects for several seconds (I'd say five seconds would be ample) after it has been used to successfully remove a root.

- I hope the "This ability isn't ready yet" issue with morale abilities is fixed before my free month is up. I don't even bother trying to use them in scenarios because of this, which negates one aspect of character customization

- Fall damage: please Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints remove it from scenarios completely

- The general design of some scenarios are just poor. I'd go into it, but I've whined enough. In short some have the two realms starting far too closely to one another, and others have you spawning too far away. Given the mechanics of a particular scenario this causes big problems and annoyances.

Teth on
This discussion has been closed.